3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

It's not like tattoo's, piercing's and so on haven't been asked for for literally "YEARS"

Instead we got cheap salloon garbage from the unity store for example.

Way to go shizmo *claps sarcasticly*

And i know you fanb*** and fang**** will hate me for being like i am, but world building solves no fundamental problems and lack of content and silence and what not from the side of the "dev's" :)

(Someone said the fan word which i would call some of you is insulting. Thats why i censor :P)

I say it again. The pricetag they put on the games subscription isn't reflecting the content really.

Sure the game improved. To the good or bad thats something everyone has to decide for themselfs.

And where are those stability updates and what now? *laughs* The server still acts up every second week.

How about a weekly server-restart? Would solve quite a few issuses, but no. Shizmo and the rest are too good to do some basic works and maintance.

Not to mention to keep an eye on the server at all or some of the problems that pop up wouldn't go unnoticed for days!

The only luck they have is that there is no real alternative for a sex game when it comes to the looks.

Contentwise there are and some can partly rival with the graphics.

Ok. One more hate post from my side or such would some assume.
I am long enough here to have seen enough of the up and downs, too allow myself some egoism. So i rant and don't plan to leave too many good hair on the dev's side.

They don't communicate, stay in the shadows, don't inform if they know and work on problems and so on and so on....

And some of you are really still defending them?

I say, tell us what's going on!

Well. I am done with my two or three cent :)

(Any typos and/or sentence construction errors can be kept by the finder. I am not in the mood to make a flawless post :P)

I wouldn't know for sure but I would think it wouldn't be that expensive, plus Gizmo makes quite a lot from this game when you work it out.

But I think the forum the way it stands is really finished as I can't see him spending the money to employ paid moderators.

I don't know if this forum software allows for it, and it has been discussed before, but I think we need a forum where we can moderate our own threads.

Plus also have the ability to report posts in other threads.

That could go a long way to calming the effect of trolls.

The software is Invision community board. It does support this feature to allow you to have access to moderation tools on your own threads you create, such as locking and deleting. But it depends if SGD want that feature implemented into the forum.

Thanks Ash, it's good to know that the current forum software can accommodate this.

I take it that it would only be a matter of changing settings which wouldn't involve a lot of work for him to do.

If so wouldn't it be a good idea to at least try it and see if it does make a difference.

Also I had sent a message to Gizmo about this exact thing and he did reply.

I was a little reluctant to post this as I am not sure if he would like his replies posted, but I will do for 2 reasons.

The 1st being it shows a positive look at how he is viewing the idea and also I would like to let people know that Gizmo does often respond to peoples messages.

Gizmo-Message.jpg

The more you look at the state of things the more you realize 3DX is the 'Wild West' of virtual worlds. With all the shit that goes on in oh so many ways, it shouldn't surprise anyone why it's not growing much.

An update? How about an update to the over all way of doing things.

Please do not quote me anymore as I do not care to respond to you or others.

Adding that more users were against it than for it for the very reason this or any forum exists to simply give an opinion.  It's a moderator(s) or owner(s) job to clean up threads not the users.  I haven't come across any forum that allows it's own users to moderate a thread they create.

Example:
User A:  I like strawberry bubblegum.

User B:  I don't like strawberry bubblegum but I like cherry.

User C:  I like strawberry bubblegum but I also like cherry.

User D:  I don't like strawberry because it taste funny.

User A:  Strawberry bubblegum doesn't taste funny.

User D:  It tastes funny to me so I don't like it or eat it.

User A now removes User B and User D because they don't like strawberry bubblegum.

This defeats the purpose of a forum as it's the job of Moderator(s) and/or Owner(s) job to enforce rules and take action against those who break them.

Edited by Mar Mohan

The more you look at the state of things the more you realize 3DX is the 'Wild West' of virtual worlds. With all the shit that goes on in oh so many ways, it shouldn't surprise anyone why it's not growing much.

An update? How about an update to the over all way of doing things.

I like to think that with Gizmo starting to take a more active interest then Maxx’s distopian view will become a thing of the past. 3dxChat could stand amongst the best if good ideas come out of the forum and Gizmo is able to pick up on them.

I too like the idea of being able moderate your own threads. I think the majority of people would do it well, because most people welcome discussion. A civilly presented case against one’s own is informative and stimulating. Humour is also welcome to lighten the mood. Rudeness, insults and abuse would, I suggest, be the first things to be deleted, to the benefit of the thread, and the forum as a whole.

Yeah. I dislike the idea of self-moderation.

If anything, you'll have more angry people and more posting cross-threads like we just had.

User A posts something, User B replies with something User A doesn't like, they delete it.

User B then creates their own post, reposting what User A didn't like. User A replies, User B deletes User A's reply out of spite. User A, OF COURSE, goes back to their own post and talks about how horrible User B is.

Now the censorship has backfired, both parties have been censored (but both posts remain, so nothing has been censored) and both are unhappy.

The real problem is just that people are too sensitive and they don't understand what a discussion is. Giving them censorship tools won't make any of that better, you'll just have a bunch of little speech-Nazis.

Happy New Year and keep on the good job. There is no need of shop, clothes or pose editor. We subscribe for a service (it is good). Maybe could you do more on the avatar side: more customization (tattoos, piercing) and an old idea: create a third gender for futas....

I agree, I pay enough for the service and don't want a micro transaction game that will not help anyone except people with money to burn. There are other games out there for that. 

Just picking up on pan’s posts. If Gizmo decides to give us a decent clothes editor, more extensive avi editor and, as many people would like, a pose editor then there’s no guarantee that the creators would want to share their creations. The idea of an in game economy gives an incentive. On the other hand people happily share their rooms, and many designs are really ace, so if that happens with other content there’d be no need.

Myself i’m not convinced either way. I think we do need more clothes and more avi options. Poses I find more giggle worthy than anything else.

Just picking up on pan’s posts. If Gizmo decides to give us a decent clothes editor, more extensive avi editor and, as many people would like, a pose editor then there’s no guarantee that the creators would want to share their creations. The idea of an in game economy gives an incentive. On the other hand people happily share their rooms, and many designs are really ace, so if that happens with other content there’d be no need.

Myself i’m not convinced either way. I think we do need more clothes and more avi options. Poses I find more giggle worthy than anything else.

A little economy could be fun if it's not getting out of control or looks like milking us the customers. We already get 300 x-gold every day and we can spend it. Pushing rooms, buying image slots, beer.... get married... and so on. So if I offer a shirt for example some could buy it with the x-gold. Shouldn't be to expensive, like around the price of a beer ^^. half of the money gets in your pocket, the other half poof away. Same could happen with beer. if some buy a beer in my room; I get 50% of the x-gold in my virtual pocket.

This isn't a concept, just some thoughts how to deal with user created content. The idea is that 300 x-gold a day are enough, just for those who need much more for avatars, renaming, divorce ^^ could maybe run into problems and need either save up the x-gold or buy extra x-gold from the store.

Adding that more users were against it than for it for the very reason this or any forum exists to simply give an opinion.  It's a moderator(s) or owner(s) job to clean up threads not the users.  I haven't come across any forum that allows it's own users to moderate a thread they create.

Example:

User A now removes User B and User D because they don't like strawberry bubblegum.

This defeats the purpose of a forum as it's the job of Moderator(s) and/or Owner(s) job to enforce rules and take action against those who break them.

Do you truly think people here are that immature? Why not use a real example:

Example:

User D:  3DX sucks we need more poses and bubblegum no matter what sucks.

Now, ABC can have a true discussion about bubblegum, BUT D comes in and wants to troll and decides to make the thread something it isn't. THAT is what people want to edit. 

I truly don't think many here would edit someone out, simply because they disagreed, and IF they did then that says more about their maturity than a troll. 

Maybe I am wrong, but we do need to find a way for people to police their own threads and keep them on topic. Otherwise, this place becomes world chat with nothing but trolls arguing and complaining and trying to control the forum. 

A little economy could be fun if it's not getting out of control or looks like milking us the customers. We already get 300 x-gold every day and we can spend it. Pushing rooms, buying image slots, beer.... get married... and so on. So if I offer a shirt for example some could buy it with the x-gold. Shouldn't be to expensive, like around the price of a beer ^^. half of the money gets in your pocket, the other half poof away. Same could happen with beer. if some buy a beer in my room; I get 50% of the x-gold in my virtual pocket.

This isn't a concept, just some thoughts how to deal with user created content. The idea is that 300 x-gold a day are enough, just for those who need much more for avatars, renaming, divorce ^^ could maybe run into problems and need either save up the x-gold or buy extra x-gold from the store.

IF the people didn't get greedy, then ok, I mean if people want to "sell clothes" great have at it, BUT IF you want to sell poses? I draw the line there. We pay for a social/sex game and for some to control poses and decide to sell them is wrong. Again, I go to the fact that people with money to burn can get all the poses while others have the basics. 

To me poses don't matter IF you have a partner good at description. IF your just pose clicking then you are missing out on a lot. But what do I know?

As far as self moderating our own threads go, a year ago I wasvery much undecided on it and so were quite a few others.

Now after seeing how bad this forum can be from trolls and knowing now that is really only a matter of clicking a switch, then I am all for giving it a try at least.

Yes good professional moderating would be the way to go, but I think we all have to realise that we are not going to get that.

If the devs are going to have to do the moderating then it can't be something that will involve a lot of time for them.

Having it so we can moderate our own threads will greatly reduce the amount of work the forum moderator will have to do.

Yes some members may delete posts because a person has said they don't like strawberries, but I have more faith in people than that.

I think the majority of people will be fair about what stays and what gets deleted.

And even if there are people deleting posts because they simply disagree I think they will soon find threads appearing where those apposing points of view will be posted.

It may not be perfect but I feel it will be a lot better than what we have been experiencing in these forums of late, and I am not just talking about since the moderator quit.

It is not much of a forum when you can't even post "Merry Xmas everyone" without having someone reply and say something like "So what did you ask Santa for Xmas, a real vagina" 

People have been scared to open threads for discussion for far to long because of the constant harassment that has been going on.

My opinion, I think we should give it a try, as it is only a matter of setting settings in the forum software.

Then if it doesn't work it can be just as easily set back.

What's the alternative, leave things the way they are ?

We can clearly see that as soon as certain people become involved in any discussion it quickly turns from a discussion into insults.

Even in this thread since everything that’s gone on some people can’t make a point without stating that anyone who thinks differently is a snowflake, or a liberal, or a social justice warrior, or something designed specifically to incite. Using language designed to incite an emotional retort rather than a rational counter or a continuation of the discussion at hand either to provoke or to shut down conversation and give the appearance that you “won”.

Take a look at how people with radically different opinions can have a discussion without insulting each other.

I don’t think self moderating threads would alleviate that only sustained moderation and community peer pressure makes clear it’s unacceptable. I can see that the diaries section could merit from this sort of feature but I think it will just get used for people to post bait threads with impunity. We shall see.

Yes maybe bait threads will be done, but wouldn't that be where the forum moderator will come in ?

We have to find a way where people will be prepared to start threads for discussion again, the way it is now that isn't happening and hasn't been for some time.

Most of the discussions are endiing up in threads like this one, is that the way we want it to stay ?

Plus as I have pointed out, what is wrong with giving it a try, it can be easily reversed if it does not work.

What do we have to lose and what may we gain is what I think people should be thinking about.

Yes maybe bait threads will be done, but wouldn't that be where the forum moderator will come in ?

We have to find a way where people will be prepared to start threads for discussion again, the way it is now that isn't happening and hasn't been for some time.

Most of the discussions are endiing up in threads like this one, is that the way we want it to stay ?

Plus as I have pointed out, what is wrong with giving it a try, it can be easily reversed if it does not work.

What do we have to lose and what may we gain is what I think people should be thinking about.

Sure it’s worth a try I agree.

Example:

Do you truly think people here are that immature? Why not use a real example:

Example:

User D:  3DX sucks we need more poses and bubblegum no matter what sucks.

Now, ABC can have a true discussion about bubblegum, BUT D comes in and wants to troll and decides to make the thread something it isn't. THAT is what people want to edit. 

I truly don't think many here would edit someone out, simply because they disagreed, and IF they did then that says more about their maturity than a troll. 

Maybe I am wrong, but we do need to find a way for people to police their own threads and keep them on topic. Otherwise, this place becomes world chat with nothing but trolls arguing and com[plaining and trying to control the forum. 

Not always is it a troll that kicks things off, a good bit of times it comes down to insults being told to people because their opinion differs from theirs.  There are countless threads that started out as decent threads that a would represent a forum then went to hell because of insults and persona attacks.

Here is an example of what that means:

User A:  Well it doesn't taste funny to me, try brushing your teeth.

User D:  I just don't like the taste of strawberries so I don't like the gum.

Here is an example of baiting a user:

User E:  There is a certain person who keeps commenting on my posts with insults, personal attacks, mocking others and should be off the

forum  I just have to this out there for other users to be aware this is happening and nothing has happened and I've reported them so

many times.

User F:  Look I've not done anything to you, I had a different opinion and that was all I had said, I've asked you to stop this as you've posted

on other threads saying the same thing about me.  Not only have I've done what you've stated but you were even asked to show it

and didn't.

User A:  I'm sorry you have to deal with that User E no one should have to.

User A now removes User B and User D because they don't like strawberry bubblegum but doesn't remove User E's but removes User F because they replied.

That is a couple more examples of what has been on here.  Allowing Users to moderate the threads wouldn't help as much as people think it would.  While your example is good Pan which is a simple troll, so are the ones I showed.

Fixed the text better from the spacing.

Edited by Mar Mohan

I personally do not think moderating our own topics is a good idea. This would suggest that we own topics just because we start them. I don't think we do.  I think the topic belongs to forum and if you post in public, you invite people to comment or post.

I also think being able to delete posts could be misused for censoring free speech and peoples opinion... for example "I don't like you disagreeing with me so I will delete your post."  "I don't like the way you said that so.. I'll delete your post"  "I think you are disrespecting me... so I'll delete your post"

Whether that person intended to or not could be open to interpretation but if the deleted person felt wrongly accused, another topic is born where "he said, she said," and drama is across two topics trying to out do each other.

Another example could be a person opens a topic and making accusations about another.. named or not.. maybe for room stealing... but the accused person is innocent and feels they have a right to respond, explain and defend themselves.  What then when the OP deletes that persons redress?

A one sided point of view, where any opposition is quickly quashed, but people reading may believe the view they are reading.

What if someone starts a campaign to remove someone from Forum for a personal dislike? They start a topic and any opposition to the campaign, no matter how sensible and reasoned.... is removed?

What about topics that are started by someone, say a pics topic, that are highly successful and the OP leaves for whatever reason and decides to not only delete their account but also all their topics and as a consequence,  other members lose all their favourite pics?

There has been nastiness here and its a disgrace, but I think own topic moderating will be handing an extra tool to the offenders.

Moderating should be done by 3DXChat or people they choose to be Moderators.

Those Moderators should be respected, rules made by 3DXChat abided by and those that don't should be banned temporary or permanently depending on the "offence"

We can report offenders of the law and rules and 3DXChat  should then hopefully respond in a timely manner.

They just happen to be lacking Moderators right now but when new ones are installed, I'm sure things wont be as bad as the last few weeks.