3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

Well I laugh when I saw the obvious trolls calling advertising for club spam.... 

If Gizmo thought of those advertising as trolling, it would not be fair with the new way of showing rooms sorted by the numbers of peoples in

If it was the true trolls, it would be useless... They spend money to buy many accounts... so buying xgolds is not a problem for them.

Define spamming?

I don't really see the point as Spam is hardly a problem. It's not as if three lines of "come to my ace party" is any worse than the stuff Yalun, Spam Dragon and that person who is into bacon write. At worst it's a moderate annoyance and you can easily use ignore if it so offends. It's the "world chat" on an adult game - nobody expects discussions on inverted yield curves. If you need assistance on how to use 3dx or whatever I'm supremely confident you can ask in local chat in a busy room. 

Some games want to moderate or control global chats or forums I expect because they reflect on new users’ perception of the game and participation in the “community”. But that’s not the case here.

This would be predicated on a desire to grow the game or be involved in shaping the community. I don’t think we can be confident either is happening, or will happen. So you get what you get.

I never read the world chat. I consider it as some wasteland filled with trolls and other unpleasant creatures.

I don't mind people having their chat there, even if it doesn't interest me. I simply stick to local.

If you are going to work on the chat channels i would really prefer to see the roleplay channel back with talk only hearable in a ~5meter radius or something like that. It would be much more interesting for roleplay room.

To me this charging for spamming is a bad idea, there is no way a system will know a spam from random chats unless you are charge 100 gold to display a premade game sign to display the message. I mean if it is repeating the same words that will make the system charge one 100 gold then all the people posting have to do is alter the words. A "Come to this room," can be altered to "you are welcomed to come to this room", "this room now opened" and so on and so on. Instead of making a program to charge 100 gold, Afros, we need Afros.

Ah love seeing Club promotions in World Chat, why? because 90% of tha time there is one or two peeps in there at war with everyone else and this goes on and on, foul language disrespecting others and generally garbage discussions and spreading of hateful ideas bah attention seekers. Fill that sucka up ah say, ah laugh so hard when they dunn get room to vomit their crap XD :P

One (other) thing I would like to see in World Editor is "Duplicate and Unlink"

Currently LCTRL + D → Object duplication is fine but, if you apply that to a component of a group, the duplicate becomes part of the group.

Having torn my hair out trying to duplicate pieces of a very large group and use them to form an alternative group, I would like to see RCTRL + D or SHIFT + D, for example, to duplicate the object and unlink it from the group.

Currently, the only way to do it (and please correct me, if I am wrong) is to duplicate, ungroup and then regroup everything except the duplicate(s) which, in my case, at least, was (virtually) impossible to do.

One (other) thing I would like to see in World Editor is "Duplicate and Unlink"

Currently LCTRL + D → Object duplication is fine but, if you apply that to a component of a group, the duplicate becomes part of the group.

Having torn my hair out trying to duplicate pieces of a very large group and use them to form an alternative group, I would like to see RCTRL + D or SHIFT + D, for example, to duplicate the object and unlink it from the group.

Currently, the only way to do it (and please correct me, if I am wrong) is to duplicate, ungroup and then regroup everything except the duplicate(s) which, in my case, at least, was (virtually) impossible to do.

this happens when you edit individual pieces that are inside a grp, then attempt to duplicate the whole grp it... my fix is to just ungroup, then group again before duplicating (the whole grp will still be selected after you ungrp so it's just a two clicks ordeal) then all will be fine

edit: sorry misread... what I do in your case is what you do aswell.

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

World chat transformed into a platform for advertising clubs and parties. This is good, but since there is no limit, useful information is quickly lost in spam / flame.

The idea is when messages are not free, people send fewer useless messages to World Chat. And there will be more helpful messages.

What about another channel for advertising for parties and events, that way world chat could be left for what it should be mainly used for, chat.

Make another channel where people can place small artwork type advertising, you could even charge for it.

Better still, how about a properly organised in game event calendar, where people can go look to see what events are on and coming up.

Not that many seem to know to look in the forums, so an in game event calendar would be really useful.

You could then make it so small text ads are shown automatically in world chat as an event is about to start.

Some people don't mind the spam ads at all, others are like 50/50 and others really hate them.

Answer is to control it and give the community a means to let everyone know about their parties with set boundaries on how they can.

You could also maybe look at making it so only a certain amount of events can be booked into it for the same time slot, perhaps helping prevent some of the drama that happens with people having big events at the same time as others have set theirs for.

Perhaps instead of changing the current world chat, have a advertisement channel, or something along those lines.

Or you could go the route that many roleplaying forums used to and have a OOC channel (Out of character) which would be used for random discussions and such, kinda like the world chat is now, just minus the ads. And then you would of course have the advertising channel as well. Only problem with all that, is that most people would just spam their ads everywhere they can, so without some kind of moderation on the public chat channels, it will be very hard to please everyone.

I dont really bother with world chat myself, but i often see many people having a good time with it, and of course there are also some people that abuse it for attention, and i think it would suck for the ones that have a good time with it to put it behind a pay wall. Whatever changes that are made to it, should limit the ones that spam and use it wrongly, not the ones that enjoy it for what it is.

I have said long time that WC messages should cost xgold to reduce spam n make world chat better since ppl will value what to say since they will spend xgold :)

And those money from xgold will go to more regular updates yayyyyyyy :)

50 xgold per WC post is very logical its a win win :)

However there is no monitoring what is being put out there. When people over message, others put them on ignore thus the room is not shown nor attended. There are so many ways i can post a message without paying 100 gold to post the same message, if you are going to charge gold to post a spam, then offer a premade display.

RobPathfinder said...

"However there is no monitoring what is being put out there. When people over message, others put them on ignore thus the room is not shown nor attended. There are so many ways i can post a message without paying 100 gold to post the same message, if you are going to charge gold to post a spam, then offer a premade display."

I'm still not sure you understand. The proposal is not 100 xgold for a "spam" message, it is for every message posted in World Chat in the hope that will deter people from spamming. I don't think there are/will be any ways to "post a message without paying 100 gold."