3DXChat Community

Upcoming Updates Discussion

Gizmo

I think that user generated content will encourage more people to join and stay. I suggest it is worth investing in greater server power and bandwidth if that is what is required. Is there a peer to peer element so worlds are distributed?

I think that user generated content will encourage more people to join and stay. I suggest it is worth investing in greater server power and bandwidth if that is what is required. Is there a peer to peer element so worlds are distributed?

Yes, it is peer to peer for worlds, that is mainly what is different to having a clothes editor.

For worlds, when a player opens their own world they create a scene in Unity, the majority of the information supplied to anyone who enters that world is then supplied from the person who opens the room own computer.

That includes the world file, although it is kept on the server to, it is supplied to anyone who enters the room directly from that persons computer.

Clothes are different, we can wear our clothes where ever we go and the information for clothes has to be obtained in one of the ways I mentioned.

We either have all the files in all of our computers or the servers have to keep constantly sending them out.

As I said yes it can be done, but they would need much bigger servers and a lot more bandwidth.

But on top of that I also feel that quality would really suffer, imagine how many badly done clothes would make their way into the game.

I still feel that limiting it the way I suggested would be the batter way to go.

Make it so some people who really know what they are doing can make some money from supplying us with quality work.

OK, having just lost my room... can we have the last loaded world (file)name posted at the top, next to "File"?

Can we please have the ability to bake patterns on, so they don't move when the object does?  (or, rather, they do move with the object as they were applied)

Can we please have the ability to scale patterns?

Can we please have the ability to remove a pattern from a primitive, as opposed to just changing it?

3dx-bake-scale.jpg

I see constant mention of a supposed clothes editor, but not any mention of how people actually want this to be implemented, just that they want it. The idea of this kind of editor is harder to do than many think and also is a legal battlefield in the use of copyrighted images being used for textures. The concept while it sounds amazing is very impractical and would also be extremely hard to do and time consuming for a small dev team like 3Dx's. There might be some assets they could load in from the unity store for this type of thing, but it's not plausibly done the way you would want.

The only way I see it happening is perhaps letting people upload textures to clothes, and allowing alpha channels to work on them, but again- that's a mess legally as people will use copyrighted images for textures. A pose editor on the other hand would be a lot more doable as then its just a matter of key framing the skeleton's nodules, Ik handles (if these models have them) and then playing it back to make it loop, which Unity has animation clipping for GameObjects. Just make it to where we are able to mess with unitys in editor animation clipping, and add a extension to the animation file that the game would recognize so that we can save them out. Then just have it to where you can load them up with your character in character creation so that when you connect to a world it'll ping off the server and read the file the same way that the world editor currently does when you upload the room.

I see constant mention of a supposed clothes editor, but not any mention of how people actually want this to be implemented, just that they want it. The idea of this kind of editor is harder to do than many think and also is a legal battlefield in the use of copyrighted images being used for textures. The concept while it sounds amazing is very impractical and would also be extremely hard to do and time consuming for a small dev team like 3Dx's. There might be some assets they could load in from the unity store for this type of thing, but it's not plausibly done the way you would want.

The only way I see it happening is perhaps letting people upload textures to clothes, and allowing alpha channels to work on them, but again- that's a mess legally as people will use copyrighted images for textures. A pose editor on the other hand would be a lot more doable as then its just a matter of key framing the skeleton's nodules, Ik handles (if these models have them) and then playing it back to make it loop, which Unity has animation clipping for GameObjects. Just make it to where we are able to mess with unitys in editor animation clipping, and add a extension to the animation file that the game would recognize so that we can save them out. Then just have it to where you can load them up with your character in character creation so that when you connect to a world it'll ping off the server and read the file the same way that the world editor currently does when you upload the room.

Just repeating posts without comment, I find strange.
Whether things are difficult to do or not is highly subjective.
Development of anything, objects, clothing, poses etc. may be difficult in varying degrees for anyone and the same goes for the implementation of an end user interface.
There are many things, for example, that I don't like about the world editor and, judging by the low number of end users who actually use it, as opposed to having others do the work for them, that applies to most end users. However, there are some fabulous rooms out there and the best that I have seen so far is by an end user who, because of her bias, probably wouldn't be interested in developing (sex) poses.
Having developed objects, clothing and poses in other environments my experience has been that I find it is far easier to develop clothing, given the appropriate interface, than anything else. I am sure that others will disagree because, as I implied, the difficulty level of the various types of design is subjective as is the end user interface.
So, what we have is a user base with varying degrees of competency and a dev team with... who knows? Varying degrees of competency? Varying degrees of time? Varying degrees of initiative? Varying degrees of willingness to bother to do anything?
I faced it years ago that whatever suggestions are made here, no matter how well you explain yourself or even how many people are interested, the chances of it being implemented are slim at best.
Having said that, perhaps just repeating posts without comment might work ;)

I honestly don't even understand what a clothing editor would be like or how it could work people really need to explain what they have in mind for that better. I cant see how it could make clothing that is close to the quality of what we have now, and there would still be all the same issues of having to transfer lots of files. I think it would be a much better idea and far easier for them just to let people create their own stuff and upload it then trying to make some type of built in clothing editor.

I honestly don't even understand what a clothing editor would be like or how it could work people really need to explain what they have in mind for that better. I cant see how it could make clothing that is close to the quality of what we have now, and there would still be all the same issues of having to transfer lots of files. I think it would be a much better idea and far easier for them just to let people create their own stuff and upload it then trying to make some type of built in clothing editor.

If it was like the one that existed in Utherverses Curio - also made in Unity like 3DX , a Clothing editor is an interface to apply textures and effects to UV maps of clothing meshes that can be textured.

Example: Womens long boots. The editor tool has the ability to upload textures a creator can make leopard skinned print or any print you want.

Another example is like the prints that can be added already, but don't fit correctly when applied and are splashed all over clothing already people wear.

If the Devs released the UV maps to the clothing meshes that exist already, textures could be added to all existing clothing meshes leading to 10's of thousands of designs based on the little that exists already.

If it was like the one that existed in Utherverses Curio - also made in Unity like 3DX , a Clothing editor is an interface to apply textures and effects to UV maps of clothing meshes that can be textured.

Example: Womens long boots. The editor tool has the ability to upload textures a creator can make leopard skinned print or any print you want.

Another example is like the prints that can be added already, but don't fit correctly when applied and are splashed all over clothing already people wear.

If the Devs released the UV maps to the clothing meshes that exist already, textures could be added to all existing clothing meshes leading to 10's of thousands of designs based on the little that exists already.

I actually made a suggestion once about that, being able to apply custom textures to existing clothes.

Even went as far as showing pictures of how the current change rooms could be used as a viewer.

I think I also said it would be an idea to have it so people can try seeing how the new texture looks in that room, then submit pictures to a monthly page in these forums for people to see and vote on as to what can be added in a monthly update.

The reason for that is to keep the numbers down, as we could easily end up with far to many, and also to help avoid things like using copyrighted artwork.

I don't think it would involve a lot of work either and should be rather easy to add.

But people are now insisting we need a full clothes editor, which from what I understand now is something none of the other games have either.

All Utherverse games have a "clothing editor" to add textures to existing clothing meshes made by the developers. The oldest being around for around 8 years. They are moving to the stage where users can upload the actual clothing meshes for sale like SL has. No adult game I'm aware of has a clothing mesh creator like Maya built into it.

As for the textures that could result in DMAC issues, it wouldn't be a big deal here for them to delete copyright material if a complaint was made. Even less for them to deal with if it was just Xgold that cannot be converted to real money I'd imagine. Perhaps they could even have a list of textures that could be used like the WE has.

Clothing editor and catalogue can be done if they choose to go that route.

People earlier in this thread were talking about an editor where clothes can be made from scratch, not just something where the textures on existing clothes can be edited.

As I said in my last post I actually, quite a long while ago, did suggest that a texture editor could be something added.

I said then it could be added slowly if the wanted to go that way, maybe just starting with a couple of items for both men and women, where we could apply our own colours and prints to existing clothing.

Another reason it would be a good idea to restrict it to something like showing the pictures of our creations in this forum and having just a number selected is....

To have it so all of everyones creations are included would also need the menu system to be changed, likely to something where we all have out selected clothes in our own closets/change rooms.

If we to have it so all of these creations were in a menu wouldn't it end up being massive?

Plus how many of them would be very second rate ?

There are many things, for example, that I don't like about the world editor and, judging by the low number of end users who actually use it, as opposed to having others do the work for them, that applies to most end users. 

I think the main reason why most of people don't use it is because they just don't want to do building. They are here for sex and social aspect, not for doing a rooms. And some of them also understand, that to make room even close to level of rooms that experienced builders with a lot of personal assets do - they will need to spent many decades if not hundreds of hours that they could spent chatting or RPing or just fucking. It's just easier to find some nice shared room and use it.

People earlier in this thread were talking about an editor where clothes can be made from scratch, not just something where the textures on existing clothes can be edited.

As I said in my last post I actually, quite a long while ago, did suggest that a texture editor could be something added.

I said then it could be added slowly if the wanted to go that way, maybe just starting with a couple of items for both men and women, where we could apply our own colours and prints to existing clothing.

Another reason it would be a good idea to restrict it to something like showing the pictures of our creations in this forum and having just a number selected is....

To have it so all of everyones creations are included would also need the menu system to be changed, likely to something where we all have out selected clothes in our own closets/change rooms.

If we to have it so all of these creations were in a menu wouldn't it end up being massive?

Plus how many of them would be very second rate ?

Maybe some think of some program to create the actual meshes, but judging by the comments I've seen most think in terms of a texture editor. I'd bet nearly half of the users in 3DX are from RLC and are familiar with the old clothing editor from there. Less are familiar with the Unity based one which is vastly superior in possible features.

Some sort of character upgrades please. The avis are very limited and have been for years

Rob do you mean like more interactions, gestures, etc or are you talking appearances?  

I do agree there's only so much you can do with gestures of "Hello" and "Applause."  :)

Let me clarify what I mean by "clothing editor", as in the design and actual creation of a clothing item done from scratch and or tools used to create said clothing items. Just changing around textures and UV mapping them to a mesh isn't hard and would take all of about 30mins to add to the game, which could again lead to copyright problems. The actual process of making clothing meshes is what I had meant being hard to add. This would also be tons of work.

What I had originally thought of that could technically work, is making "Pieces" of a clothing item, like for instance, For a "shirt" there would be like:

Shoulders/Neck: Straps, V Neck, Plunge, Off the shoulder

Sleeves: Puffy, Short, Long, Cuffed, No sleeves

Etc, this could work and would be what I actually mean by a clothing "Editor", but this results in needing tons of different meshes for each piece and I think is currently out of the scope of the Dev teams capability. This idea could be expanded into different clothing "types" too, like for instance there could be a "shirt type", "jacket type", "skirt type" and lots of different options in each clothing type. But this idea is extremely far fetched and I don't see it ever being done. It would also sort of fit the theme of "editors" in 3DX as the world editor is just a bunch of pieces that you put together to make whatever it is you're making.

It looks to me like Lisa hasn't been seen since 30th November 2018. I've been playing a few months now and think that user created content is the way to go. I'm looking out for any progress on this. While I'm here all credit to the people who are making the wonderful rooms with World Editor. There is a whole wealth of talent in the game, it would be a shame for it go to waste because of a lack of tools.