3DXChat Community

Anyone using Shoutcastca.st to stream?

Lovers

Hi I stream with MP3s I have uploaded to Shoutcastca.st  ... I have no ptoblems streamihg to the 3dxchat when using AutoDJ.

Now using Winamp and the shoutcast dsp I can stream from my PC to centova cast after turning off the AutoDj  ... The dsp shows it is streaming and centova cast indicates it has a live stream and audio can be heard through the centova cast player.

But when live streaming from my PC I get no sound in the 3dxchat radio  ... But when using autodj I get sound?

I am trying to find out if this is a problem with shoutcastca.st as I have been asking them and they tried sending me alternative direct links which didn't work and now they want to have access to my PC which I don't want ...

If its just a shoutcastca.st problem I will change my host  .. thanks

Try a free stream and see if you still get these issues. AutoDJ with Shoutcast caused me some headache myself in the past. 

Edit: http://free-shoutcast.comor

https://myradiostream.com/

Oh, and if you want to improve, then get away from the Shoutcast-DSP-Plugin for Winamp and grab Mixxx or RadioDJ ;)

Thanks  .... however I get no problem when using autoDJ? I will try those links thanks :)

Try a free stream and see if you still get these issues. AutoDJ with Shoutcast caused me some headache myself in the past. 

Edit: http://free-shoutcast.comor

https://myradiostream.com/

Oh, and if you want to improve, then get away from the Shoutcast-DSP-Plugin for Winamp and grab Mixxx or RadioDJ ;)

personally i use winamp with myradiostream to play my music in 3DX. I tried with Mixxx, but i don't know how to make the music in 3DX with mixxx.

I use Mixxx with Myradiostream. You just have to format the address without the http where it asks for the stream address, there's a separate field for the port number. I tinkered with it until I got it right. Be happy to share what it looks like in the settings screen for anyone interested. 

Just a couple questions

1. Do you make your own mix and upload to CentovaCast? Normally, this website provide 10 GB space for Music upload. Number of Listeners & BPM broadcast are optional. It's solid broadcast 99.99%

2. If you don't have your mix set there, you can upload playlist from other Music Provider website and re-post but it depends on consistency of that website.

3. I also broadcast with Winamp + DSP plug in like you. I used Pro WinAmp Version, Audto DJ doesn't affect to my setting with CentovaCast broadcast, even I broadcast with m4a lossless format there.

I've never had problem of broadcast my set through 3DXChat since Day 1, Thanks to DJ Chilles and senior DJs here for helping me get through of this.

:) :) :)

Just a couple questions

1. Do you make your own mix and upload to CentovaCast? Normally, this website provide 10 GB space for Music upload. Number of Listeners & BPM broadcast are optional. It's solid broadcast 99.99%

I don't DJ ... I upload my Elvis collection for my Elvis room :) I have 20GB on my server :)

I don't DJ ... I upload my Elvis collection for my Elvis room :) I have 20GB on my server :)

If you have your own music collection, you can upload them to CentovaCast by FileZilla software.

It will help you to manage your Music Playing with consistency broadcast.

:)  :)  :) 

I use Mixxx with Myradiostream. You just have to format the address without the http where it asks for the stream address, there's a separate field for the port number. I tinkered with it until I got it right. Be happy to share what it looks like in the settings screen for anyone interested. 

Uuuh... I think i've set the thing right but it asked me to install a program named libmp3Lame. So i downloaded the program but i don't know where or how to install it in mixxx lol

If you have your own music collection, you can upload them to CentovaCast by FileZilla software.

It will help you to manage your Music Playing with consistency broadcast.

:)  :)  :) 

I have my MP3s loaded in Centova Cast  .... I have 20GB storage  ...  Thanks  ... I have no problem streaming when AutoDj is enabled :)

Hi I stream with MP3s I have uploaded to Shoutcastca.st  ... I have no ptoblems streamihg to the 3dxchat when using AutoDJ.

Now using Winamp and the shoutcast dsp I can stream from my PC to centova cast after turning off the AutoDj  ... The dsp shows it is streaming and centova cast indicates it has a live stream and audio can be heard through the centova cast player.

But when live streaming from my PC I get no sound in the 3dxchat radio  ... But when using autodj I get sound?

I am trying to find out if this is a problem with shoutcastca.st as I have been asking them and they tried sending me alternative direct links which didn't work and now they want to have access to my PC which I don't want ...

If its just a shoutcastca.st problem I will change my host  .. thanks

I've no experiences about the provider Shoutcastca.st but it shouldn't be different to another providers who use Shoutcast as sources.

You are known with the different settings of your stream sources for AutoDJ and non Auto DJ?

You find this Settings in your CentovaCast Access in the Quick Links section.

With less words:

The Access for streaming without Auto DJ works just without DJ Account. The Password is the same like your CentovaCast Password.

As Port works your main Port of your Stream sources.

Bitrate Quality for streaming: the same or less of your stream :)

Uuuh... I think i've set the thing right but it asked me to install a program named libmp3Lame. So i downloaded the program but i don't know where or how to install it in mixxx lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=0c2kUM7FDWQ

:)

Hmmm... and does it work the same if i want to play the music via myradiostream ? Because i can yet save the music i'm playing with mixxx in my computer.

Sure it should work because to broadcast or to record in MP3 works both with the Lame MP3 Encoder :)

I've the guess to add this Encoder by default brings License law problems for mixxx and about this could it by needed to add it by the User...

well when the thing to install in mixxx is too hard to install, winamp help a lot

If you've WinAmp already installed go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins and copy the lame_enc.dll and paste it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mixxx :)

This should works too and you can use the MP3 Record and Broadcasting functions of Mixxx.