3DXChat Community

Personal Choice, TOP DJ's and their Qualities that make them TRULY Great.

TenaFoxxx

Just give up, you don't have a full understanding as you said you're still learning.  Once you've learned come talk to me.  You have this I know it all attitude and you fully don't.  When someone tries to tell you something this is what you do, act as though they don't have a clue yet they've been doing it for a hell of a lot longer than you and know all aspects of what it takes to be a DJ.  Just like your other threads about donations, to get a room from you so giving a penny for a donation entitles them to the room but you expect more for it, see what I'm saying.  No matter how many times people told you that you're charging for the rooms you claim it's a donation.  So yes sweetheart, you have so much to learn, so please don't try to school someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about.  DJing involves more than just mixing, but you know that right? I'm guessing not as you seem so stuck on the mixing you can't see past what you're being told.

so tell me now u deniy that a dj should learn to count music to beatmatch to phrase mix ?

simple answer that 

I never said that they shouldn't know that.  Read back through before you reply.  I said it's not the first thing they need to know how to do which is what you've been saying.  There is a whole process and that is not the first thing, far from it.  I think my answer is simple enough and if you don't understand it, use Google to translate it so you can.

I never said that they shouldn't know that.  Read back through before you reply.  I said it's not the first thing they need to know how to do which is what you've been saying.  There is a whole process and that is not the first thing, far from it.  I think my answer is simple enough and if you don't understand it, use Google to translate it so you can.

So since u agree on my above statment hehe :D  how many here knows how to do that ? lemme answer you very few very very few  :P  and not know means u cant dj as a mix dj 

is that clear now  :D 

If you want to be a smart with your comment, I can be one as well.  I didn't agree with your above statement because the entire time you've stated that you have to know how to mix first.  I said it's not the first thing and that's all you kept on repeat.  Just move past this Alivia, you still don't get what I've said nor will you ever.  As I've said when you know what the fuck you're talking about come talk to me.  Otherwise keep your comments and insults about DJs to yourself or don't post it on a thread where DJs can see it and think WTF.  Not to mention you said you can't mix rock songs, that is clearing an inaccurate statement which proves you don't have a fucking clue about mixing and being a mix DJ.  Is that clear now? 

If you want to be a smart with your comment, I can be one as well.  I didn't agree with your above statement because the entire time you've stated that you have to know how to mix first.  I said it's not the first thing and that's all you kept on repeat.  Just move past this Alivia, you still don't get what I've said nor will you ever.  As I've said when you know what the fuck you're talking about come talk to me.  Otherwise keep your comments and insults about DJs to yourself or don't post it on a thread where DJs can see it and think WTF.  Not to mention you said you can't mix rock songs, that is clearing an inaccurate statement which proves you don't have a fucking clue about mixing and being a mix DJ.  Is that clear now?

no its not clear cause u mention 0 stuff while i mention real life dj tecnques n lessons 

u just spout random words here n there so not clear 

when u want to say something u bring facts real applicable facts that i think u have 0 clue 

fact one :

lesson one -count music :important first basic lesson why ?

cause knowing how to count music make u able to know when a new phrase start where is the one :)so u can mix next track 

time signatures make u  able to know how to count that music  in what way for example how many beats in a bar n bar in music is a measure :)

beatmatching lesson :beatmatch by ear with lots of ppractice make u able to beatmatch 2 tracks perfectly so u not have a train wreck .its important to learn beatmatch by ear cause even thos some dj gears have sync fanction to make that job i can assure u i every day play tracks that they i know they dont get sync n results in train wreck so its important to learn do it by ear .

key mixing -phrase mixing correct time are next lessons in djing along with gear lessons 

how to use a loop to transition from one song to another next lessons :)

how to transition from one genre to another using phrase mix -loop, effects next lessons in djing :)

those are facts Mar real applicable lessons u learn as a dj  and ofc million more but those are the basics ones to get u started 

so to sum up 

ask ur selfs all mix djs here mostly EDM genres  do you know do all that live ?

if u do by all means welcome to the amazing world of mixing the music u like 

if u dont know those basic stuff ur not a mix dj yet but with a lil studdy n practice u can start be one that simple its not rocket science  only requirment is to want to do it to have passion n love music :)

good day all <3

Isn't this thread supposed to be about who we like as DJ's regardless of styles of music ? skills ? techniques ?

Nice hijack.

yup so lets stay in which of our friends we like to hear in genre they play n lets skip the real life lessons n practises muacks 

Alivia, reread what I have posted as I've clearly shown I know what I'm talking so please just stop.  I said what I did then when you commented on what Sammy said about DJs was not only insulting but disrespectful to those that do DJ even if doesn't meet your requirements.

I'll add this, when you can prove me wrong in what I've stated, then come talk to me but no anymore on this thread.

Alivia, reread what I have posted as I've clearly shown I know what I'm talking so please just stop.  I said what I did then when you commented on what Sammy said about DJs was not only insulting but disrespectful to those that do DJ even if doesn't meet your requirements.

I'll add this, when you can prove me wrong in what I've stated, then come talk to me but no anymore on this thread.

but i wasnt the one saying here about fake djs sammy was the first i just quote sammy post and add stuff a dj should know :)

so stop what u say as i wasnt the one mentioned fake djs etc lol i only mentioned real dj lessons n teckniques :) how is this an insult ? lol 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/8151-personal-choice-top-djs-and-their-qualities-that-make-them-truly-great/?p=319007 I've reposted it.  Anyone that knows Sammy knows what she means and since you don't know, someone gets a mixed song, plays it, says they did it but they bought it but another person goes on youtube and finds it, doesn't buy it and then claims differently which is an issue in the game since before I started in 2015.  Back then it was a requirement to have your own mixed music to be a official 3DX DJ but a good bit know that wasn't always the case with what was played.  You on the other hand made it clear that if a DJ doesn't know how to mix they aren't a DJ as that's not a live performance.  I've explained that you need to know what and how to use the equipment and/or software to even start to DJ because without it, guess what you're not able to DJ.  But I guess you actually reading what I wrote wasn't in the cards for you because that is what it takes to start to DJ.  I didn't sling insults I simple stated the real facts of what it takes to even start to become a DJ as mixing comes later once you're familiar with the equipment and/or software.  But hey, I guess when someone who knows what they're actually talking about, does this both in real at local bars, clubs, schools and other functions and online as a business for local businesses to play in their offices, again come talk to me when you know what it fully takes to be a DJ not just knowing how to mix which includes all genres not just EDM but rock, country and so on.

Bringing this back on topic.  There are a few on here that over time that I would actually listen to, the list isn't many but I don't play favorites or say that I'm inspired by them as I've been a DJ long before coming here and my inspiration was outside of the game

To end the DJ bullshit once and for all look up what Webster's dictionary says, that is a DJ end of story. There are professional DJs playing in 3DX that can tell you it is not the same, just like a real whore playing on 3DX can tell you it is not the same. (Hey virgins out there, real sex and 3DX sex is not the same, I know, I know, a shocker!)

A fake DJ to me is anyone who takes a set or list already made by someone else and plays it off as their own. If a DJ is not doing that then to me in this game they are a dj.

I have a lot of respect for the professional DJs and those who have played professional DJs due to what they do in order to play legally. The topic is type the name of a DJ you like or do what I did type the names of the DJS you liked hearing. There are some I mentioned that I may or may not even speak with but there is no denying on a personal taste that they have djing skills that I personally liked. So type them.. :ph34r: 

Oh wow, yeah Alivia and Mar. take it to PM loves. Interesting convo there but let’s not derail Honey’s thread even more.

I kinda forgot to mention a DJ I like in my last post btw.

DJMikeBurleigh is also always a hoot to listen too. Sometimes sprinkling snippets of Stand Up Comedy into his parties.

Not sure if he reads this but there’s also TheBestJoe who often hosts a Spanish beach club or party room. Even though I don’t speak Spanish the dude has awesome tunes and makes you feel welcome in his rooms. Always a good time in his rooms

BrandiWine & I have had the honour to work with some great DJ’s in my Hang Outs and in our club - The Soap Factory.

Our top DJs are favourites to us and listed in no particular order below:

DJ SweetCaress

N8B7WIJ.jpg

She is amazing and helped us get our rooms off the ground. She is a Brit and uses a mic. She has an amazing northern accent. She is fun and brings the room alive. You just can’t help yourself, you’re happy feet just have to dance… She is an awesome DJ.

DJ Randy

83awiQO.jpg

He is an excellent DJ. He also helped with getting The Soap Factory known. He uses a mic as well and when he talks he has an underlying laugh in his voice that is just infectious. He sounds like he is having a blast, which draws the guests in the room to join in. He is also thoughtful and has helped others to improve their DJ techniques. The guy is in a class of his own.  Go check him out and see.

DJ xBrodie.  

YKs7JHJ.jpg

What a nice guy. He enjoys DJ-ing and plays to his audience. His rooms are joyous and friendly. If he is playing in a room, you are sure to have a good time. Go see him in action. His knowledge, no matter what the genre of music is impressive. He is always willing to help out when needed and is a generous and kind soul. We are lucky to have him as our friend.

DJ Tsela

BYmkhGs.jpg

Another great guy. He is a rocker at heart, though he does play some blues! However, the louder and noisier the music, the better. He rocks the room while head banging and you can almost smell the leather and petunia oil. His current library of music is extensive. It is very rare that something is requested and T does not have it. If you like stamping your feet and punching the air, he is your man!

DJ Shovel -  aka Shovelhead aka Jersey. 

chLjFgq.jpg

He plays classic Rock and Blues. He is just a no frills, what you see is what you get type of bloke. But that simplicity is utter genius and works amazingly well. He fills rooms and gives everyone such a good time. Before you know it, the night is over and its time to go home! He has played many times at The Soap Factory and again, helped to make our room known. Look out for his room when he opens. If you have requested a song from him in the past he will play it for you again without the request if he sees you in his room. His memory is amazing. 

DJ Kandikisses aka xCarrie.  

2GdrZF3.jpg

She is an amazing gal. She is willing to help, plays some awesome tunes and has filled in for us at very short notice.  She will get you dancing and enjoying your night. She has a lot of mixes that helps to keep your feet tapping. She also has a country and western room that is a great night out.  She gets along with everyone and has a music soul, heart and spirit and will get you on your feet whether you want to or not. She is a welcome addition to the soap factory family and we are blessed to have her talent.

DJ MikeyDee.   

2mpCFpC.jpg

This guy is from my Homeland so of course he is fucking awesome. The guy has filled in and helped out in times of need. He always comes through and plays a fabulous set of tunes. He also has a spectacular library and as a drummer in real life, knows exactly what he is talking about when he talks about songs. He makes sure a set of tunes is suited to your particular needs and goes that extra mile to ensure all runs smoothly. Top Man and good friend to both of us.

DJ XxKittKattxX

gQXDqIw.jpg

This lady is amazing and fairly new on the scene and already gaining the respect of other Dj’s. She plays an awesome room and has had us all rocking several times in the Soap Factory.  Again she gets along well with others easily and has a very positive outlook. She has quite the future in front of her as a DJ in any room. Watch out when she opens her own rooms. She is well worth a visit.

DJ TurnLeft aka Woody .

NzRtbeR.jpg

He is the Country & Western man with the heart & soul of a cowboy. Look out for his room. You will have a yehawing, hat swinging, boot kicking, earth stomping night.  We have enjoyed many a night in his room - Gone Country. He is open every Tuesday. Look out for him and have a twirl in his room.

DJ  SkylarJStar.

psmG3ic.jpg

Star is our latest DJ to join us and from her shy, but endearing personality she is fun, versatile and can make the room dance, shake and shimmy. We have had a blast when she has played for us. She can do requests and if you see her lining up to DJ in a room, go visit. She is sure to give you a great night. 

These guys are our favourite DJ’s for sure. Through their time DJ-ing for us, B and I have adopted each of them as close friends and some are even our Soap family. Some may have moved on for different reasons but the memories we have made together remain precious and is part of the History of The Soap Factory which of course is very dear to us. (We love our club!)

We wish all of them luck where ever their real and virtual life leads them.  We have been truly blessed to have them in our circle and their music has only added to the spirit of The Soap Factory. AND we of course look forward to working with them again in  the near future and in 2019. 

There are no doubt plenty of other DJ's in 3dxchat, we have yet to see and hear in action, either established or up and coming but the ones above are Soapers and dear to our hearts.

A drink raised to all you DJ's.  Keep Rocking & shaking our world.  Cheers!

Lol silly ppl  :D 

this is my last comment in this buddy thread.

Setting up a playlist n press play n go cook aint djing  :D 

have fun  :D  hahahaah

That is the exact definition of what a DJ is. I would say that is a very lazy DJ and not talented, but still a DJ. It seems you have some insecurities about your DJing skills and want to make it very clear to us that you think you are better than most DJs out there, or more skilled. This is not the way to go about it. By putting others down and insulting them and labeling them as inferior you just expose yourself for what you really are. I will let you fill in the blanks on what that is. A true quality DJ confident in her skills would probably let her music and her DJing capabilities do the talking and keep her mouth shut. I cannot speak for anyone else in this topic but we will have fun, thank you, and that will not include coming to see you spin.

That is the exact definition of what a DJ is. I would say that is a very lazy DJ and not talented, but still a DJ. It seems you have some insecurities about your DJing skills and want to make it very clear to us that you think you are better than most DJs out there, or more skilled. This is not the way to go about it. By putting others down and insulting them and labeling them as inferior you just expose yourself for what you really are. I will let you fill in the blanks on what that is. A true quality DJ confident in her skills would probably let her music and her DJing capabilities do the talking and keep her mouth shut. I cannot speak for anyone else in this topic but we will have fun, thank you, and that will not include coming to see you spin.

u can keep live ur delirium sweetie :):D

Heh, you know. The more I read Alivia prattle, the less i -want- to be known as a DJ.

I'd rather be known as just a good MC or Host that people like to visit, then be labeled as a DJ if that is the elitist attitude that comes with it.

Do I set up a playlist and press play?

Yes, Yes I do. Does that mean I'm lazy? Not at all, there is a lot of work involved in getting a playlist 'just' right, to see the songs flow into another, making them fit a theme (if the party has one) Etc.

Sure I'm not doing this 'live' but that's because I find it more efficient to do my 'work' beforehand.

Again, so I have more freedom to do what I think -matters- and that is to Entertain.

To be clear, this is my way, and I respect those that do it differently.

There ain't no 'Right' way to do this, and everyone claiming otherwise missed the point of it all.

Again back on topic, I saw a DJ Shovel mentioned above here.

Is that 'Shovelhead' as an Avatar name? In that case, I wholeheartedly agree, he's pretty darn awesome.

look i dont care if ppl like me  on what im saying 

i dont need ppl to like what i say or like me 

i dont care for ppl come to me cause i play it nice or whatever 

i wont lick anyone ass or whatever so i sem cool n nice lol 

this is who iam i speak my mind n say  press play aint djing a dj do stuff sont just stand there do nothing 

the way u all put it here anyone can do that even a 7 age person lol

so as u can see djing is much more than set up a playlist n hit play :)

if me telling you a truth n hurt many cause they thought they were djing  plz do hate me but it wont change the truth :P  

like it or not the way many mention here its just aint djing its stream its entairtain whatever but djing surely not