3DXChat Community

Beach Memory leak?

THX

And I thought I would be the only one with the problem.

But since the big patch with those 24 poses, I have those freeze frames every few seconds.

And it is not my PC.

My Specs:

i7-7700k

16GB DDR 4

GTX 1070

Win 10

And I only get those freeze frames on the beach. On every other room, no matter how much people are in there, everything is fine.

Same here for me and have heard the same from some others too.

Seems to be fairly independent of the used desktop hardware (eg GTX 970 / i5-2500, GTX1080 / i7-6700, etc) and independent of the Nvidia driver's version - the behaviour persists.

For some it seems to help to go down from 60 fps to 30 fps - but not a general rule either.

As it has been said its affecting the beach only - other rooms work flawlessly with up to 100+ fps - so I can't imagine it's an hardware performance issue...

Nevertheless I also heard from few sides that this doesn't happen on (some?) notebooks - and I can confirm that as well.

No lags on the notebook with Geforce 940M / i7-6500U.

Not the slightest idea how that fits together.

Would be glad though if this could be fixed as well... (besides other things like eg. the sorting of the friends list, the memory leak (RAM)  etc ;-) )

Thanks a lot!

I never thought going to 30 from 60 FPS would make an impact... but it does. All my settings remain on Extremely High and that little stutter I was getting (and others seem to have also) has reduced. However, there is still something wrong as all my setting have remained as they were for over a year and not changed. Only the game did.

Hope this helps in isolating the issue.

I never thought going to 30 from 60 FPS would make an impact... but it does. All my settings remain on Extremely High and that little stutter I was getting (and others seem to have also) has reduced. However, there is still something wrong as all my setting have remained as they were for over a year and not changed. Only the game did.

Hope this helps in isolating the issue.

me too extreme settings 30 fps no problem 

i tried vsync but not working 

hope gizmo fix it soon 

That`s nice specs:)

3dx can be runned on lower PCs and 970 GTX is enough in my opinion. So, looks like the beach has some problems.

Yes a GTX 970 is more than enough.  If I was to upgrade today, i'd go with a 1070 gigabyte and save the $200. 6% speed improvement for  200 bucks isn't worth it IMO.

The change has been in 3DX. Perhaps the beach specifically - I dunno. But for many it seems to be the beach specifically and everywhere else is fine.

you need a new pc ..i have no probs ,,extremly hig and 60fps ..no lags.. -_-  :D

i have i7 6700k

gtx strix 1070 8gb

its not the specks 

its the beach 

and i dont lag i get freezes cause of something gone bad after patch 

i can run 3 x 3dx clients same time on extreme alright 

I can go there with extremely high setting and experimental water...without any problem. I don't have a brand new computer but a 6-7 years computer. The game differently behaves depending on your computer. The memory leak is a fact in the whole game. But at the beach, there are too many standing still statues at the entrance...When your computer has to deal with too many avi...it may freeze depending on its architecture. Computer are not a matter of how big they are but how good they are build.

I can go there with extremely high setting and experimental water...without any problem. I don't have a brand new computer but a 6-7 years computer. The game differently behaves depending on your computer. The memory leak is a fact in the whole game. But at the beach, there are too many standing still statues at the entrance...When your computer has to deal with too many avi...it may freeze depending on its architecture. Computer are not a matter of how big they are but how good they are build.

This might be true if the problem existed consistently,  but it has only begun recently - at least on my end. It was fine prior recent patches. I think it is logical to deduce that since so many have similar issues something indeed is different.  

I dunno what the reason is, but it is a recent development.

Sorry, but your argument is not right in this case. Of course you are right in the most cases. A computer's stability and work performence depends on how good the single components works together.

But, at least for me, I was able to have the beach on maximum settings and in window mode aswell without any freeze frames.

And as you are familiar with computers, you may know, that a game in window mode always stresses the computer more.

But since that big patch, I have those freeze frames. But only on the beach, no matter how many people are there. (fullscreen mode)

On the other side, I can still visit big rooms, lights are placed everywhere and 100+ people dancing, standing, fucking without any freezeframe or lag.

This has nothing to do with the computer you have. There is somewith wrong with the game. Because, as said, everyone who has the problem now, didn't have that before the patch.

I was trying to point out that's not only a matter of components, some began the typical male game mine is bigger than yours....

There has always been a problem with the memory leak, and the new beach has often been mentioned as a computer killer, even if I never had problem there when my computer was freezing at the Sin - I have never been able to figure out why. 

So you are partially right. There is a problem with the code and different computers deal with this in a different way. (btw when I have mentioned the problem of memory leak, some told me to buy a new computer...). 

I guess that Gizmo should work on this memory leak. it affects all the rooms (it is the reason why computer crashed when a room has been open for a long time).