3DXChat Community

Using /me

Xizi

I'm kinda new here, did some RP before in chats/games and I have noticed the fact that when I say things in first person - immersion is much deeper compared to when I do it in a third person. But in 3dx the only way to make /me works right in terms of English language is to use it third person. So I can't really choose how to do it. For example: 

1. Anna moves a little closer to you and smiles softly. She holds some shiny object in her right hand.

Looks right, but the immersion level is too low for me, I always used first form when talking about myself/my character in RP before I started to play 3dx.

2. Anna moves a little closer to you and smiles softly. I hold some shiny object in my right hand.

Some hybrid form. Both sentence right, but the fact that they are in different forms can be irritating. At least for me, when I write something like this.

3. Anna move a little closer to you and smile softly. I hold some shiny object in my right hand.

First sentence is not right. But actually I prefer to use /me like this because I don't get irritated like in previous option and I feel a lot more immersed than in a first option. But yeah, it's a mockery of the language.

4. Anna I move a little closer to you and smile softly. I hold some shiny object in my right hand.

Just using me to make a text purple and ignore the name. I don't use it like this, but saw some people do it. And maybe it's actually better than previous option.

So, now the questions. 

1. How you use /me? 

2. It is acceptable for you if your partners use /me not in the third form and immersion for them is in a higher priority than the English language rules?

1. 3rd person,but ...

/me moves a little closer to you  him and smiles softly. 

that`s oldfart roleplay lol

2. I personally don't really care. I can understand any way of rp chat and I don't want to bother new ones with rp rules,.. but softly explaining if they asking about that.

1. I strictly use third person. Gives some consistency as '/me' makes it start with your name.

2. The matter is what your words mean, and I assume most people don't really mind the form, as long as you're not constantly switching between first and third persons in the same paragraph. It doesn't change the meaning.

In the end, I'd say you just have to enjoy yourself. You'll find people you'll easily get along with according to rp, and some others who you will never be comfortable with.

Seize the day, more or less  ;)

I use a couple of variations depending on the situation, and it mainly depends on how many are there. If youre doing a personal private scene with just the 2 of you, then its fine in my opinion to use "you" instead of "him", "her" or their name, but if theres 3 or 4 people, then it can be a problem as to which person it is directed at, so its best to use their name in that example.

As for the usage of /emote, its purpose is simple, to paint a picture so to speak, of what your character is doing that is not possible to actually do in the game. An example would be: Jenc spreads her legs widely during the dance to make her already short skirt rise up her thighs even higher, allowing a glimpse of her ultra fine silk underwear to show while smiling at xxxx.

I never use it for the roleplaying text, just standard chat is always used for that, though I can mix it into an /e like: Jenc looks towards the doorway to where xxxx is standing, beams a big smile.. "Hello xxxx, come to join the party?" The quotation marks to point out where the emote stops and the chat starts.

If you always used it as a chat, then its purpose becomes pointless because as I said, it is to differentiate actions and talk.

Some people do it differently, dont think that you have to do it their way, just go with what youre comfortable with, and as you meet more people, you will come across a few different styles that you may pick up some parts of for your own use.

Hope this helps some.  :wub: 

I had no experience about writing descriptive stuff before 3dxchat (english isn't my primary language and this is the first social game i played)

I use 1. third person for myself, first person for my partner. But yes some people (or many) using third person for their partners too. It depends on your style.

I prefer First person myself. ToxicallySweet slowly gets to my knees pulling your boxers down as I go. Licking my lips as I glaze toward your.... (you can fill in the rest). I'll use you/your when with a partner but in a group setting I would use him/her or their name. I like doing it that way, as it feels like i'm telling a story when doing it in third person. I don't want it to feel like a story, I want it to feel like I'm there, i'm doing it not someone else. It feels more intimate to me when I type in first person.

For another example ToxicallySweet watches JenC's every move, making my mouth water as I sneak a peek at her sexy silk underwear. Thinking how good those panties would look on my floor and her thighs wrapped around me. ToxicallySweet elbows Matrix gesturing him to look at JenC move her sexy body.  hehe. Anywho It doesn't matter how you rp definitely if that person you are rping with is into you. Whichever way works. 

• 3 weeks later...

2. Anna moves a little closer to you and smiles softly. I hold some shiny object in my right hand.

Some hybrid form. Both sentence right, but the fact that they are in different forms can be irritating. At least for me, when I write something like this.

1. How you use /me? 

2. It is acceptable for you if your partners use /me not in the third form and immersion for them is in a higher priority than the English language rules?

1. I must admit find myself most often in example 2.

2. Yes, I do find it acceptable, being guilty myself.

I simply use /me to specify an action I'm doing , normally I talk in first person almost the time just as normal conversation with my partner as follow.

me/ power on the radio ,Playing Led Zep tune and turn up  music volume at is max !

Oh yesss baby , C'mon baby! Fuck me harder !!! YESSSSSSS!!! Deeper!!!! OMG!!! Mhmmmm Yess don't stop!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgQd-O1AWsspost-5159-0-41040700-1478061651_thumb.png