3DXChat Community

The Vanishing of Disco Stu

D1SC0STU

I am ditching the avatar known as DiscoStu and will no longer be posting on the forums under this name, unless it is communicating with Lisa or Gizmo.  Sorry, to the friends that will be lost, but this game sucked me in way too far and I am tired of the drama.  If you are thinking this "drama" is your fault, please don't.  It is mine.  I will miss my friends, you know who you are.  No more concepts from me....I have to focus on my company and my game I will still be around in game every once in a while as a different avatar.  Thanks everyone for the good times.

Disco Stu

Guest Eclipse

Hi Disco Stu, I know we don't know each other...but, I have thoroughly enjoyed your concepts and think they are great. It's clear that you put a lot of time, effort and passion into creating them. I hope at some point you reconsider your decision to "stop" creating these concepts.

That aside, Best of Luck with your Company and your Game.

*hugs* eclipse

Thanks, Eclipse.  I do love just throwing ideas out there for you people to enjoy.  I may still do so, but as for in game, that I can't do with the same name...to much for me to handle.  That last post you made in the ideas for expanding locations topic, consider it a Disco Stu concept in progress.  Just because you were nice enough to take the time to respond to my post.

Remember our first talk in game ? ... I hate to say this... I told you so.

Good Luck with everything Disco, I did liked our / Solen PMs and conversations.

I hope you find what you are looking for and thank you for your advices in past. I hope you can enjoy your stay here now on the new toon.

Stu

I am so terribly saddened to hear that you experienced this in game, you seem like the most genuine and upstanding guy and you very much do not deserve to suffer drama. I wish you the best of luck with your new identity and I trust that the game will become better for you with the path that you have chosen my friend. If you get a chance, add me in game with your new avatar.

Best of luck

Mikey

...and another burned by 3dx..sooner or later it seems to get everyone :(

I'm glad you'll stay on an alt Stu but tbh I've found it better just to stay as you are and let the world turn around you...I don't know you beyond a few exchanged "hellos" hon but you seem like both a nice guy and that you genuinely wanted to help the game grow. Hope you'll say hi when/if you're reborn to us.

*wonders if maybe we should have a 3dx survivors support group...*

Hey Stu,

I really love your ideas and concepts, they were sensational. I hope that you will continue to share them with Lisa and Gizmo. It would be nice to be able to see them in game sometime. 

We never got a chance to get to know one another, but I am going to go with what Mikey said. (he seems to always beat me to it) Sometimes a new avi is the best route, better to avoid the drama and move on. I hope that with your new avi you gain new and better experiences. There are so many great and genuine people in this game. Just try to enjoy your time, that is all any of us can do.

Wishing you the best in all you do.

Hera

Hey Stu,

You don't know me at all but in the 2.5 weeks that i have been here i have read your posts and your ideas that you have made for the game. I must say you are very talented & i do hope you continue with that. As far as the drama ~sighs~ unfortunately it seems to be everywhere, I'm sry to hear that it has got to you and you feel you need to leave because of it. Ultimately you do know what is best for you. Just know you will be missed. It was a pleasure to know you and you will be misssed.

I am also one that is obviously hugely saddened by this as we had got very close. This place can certainly bite hard when you least expect it. All the best with whatever you choose to do and thank you for the friendship we had started to develop. 

Hey Stu, I hope you 're consider your a pretty cool guy, and yes man I agree this place can be a Dramatic mess,.... and can suck ya down the shitt tube, and spit you out in pieces. on the otherside...I know a lot of people have either left or thought of leaving because of it...I think people should stop judging each other, except each other, be honest and just have fun.!!!!!!..we are all like a large family here , in this tight community of 3dxchat..we should all be friendly, honest, respectfull without judgement too eachother, and just enjoy the game for what it is..a game!!!....and to just have fun, friendship, and love..

Sorry to hear about you succumbing to the dramas on this game, unfortunately things seem to get magnified ten fold in such a small community, as I have found out on numerous occasions over my ten months here. On the upside you meet some amazing people who become good friends, so I hope you will hang around even if that means as an alt. I also hope you continue to help Gizmo and Lisa and get this game to where it should be, it has so much potential, it just needs someone with your drive and ideas to get it there. Anyway I wish you well.

Hi Stu, I have said to you inside 3DX that I think it will be a mistake for you to delete your avi. I know the things you are trying to deal with and I don't think deleting and starting again is the answer. You have a huge amount of friends in here that love you and respect you. I know you also love and respect them to which includes me. Deleting Stu will not only take that away from you, it will also take you away from us. Stu please don't delete, look at your other options as I believe you have not looked enough at the other options you have. I know it must seem to you right now that it will be easier to just start again, that it will be easier than facing your problems. I think the problems deleting will create for you will be worse and to be honest I think deleting is a cop out. I know you aren't like that and think you are just not thinking straight at the moment. So please if you must come in with a new avi, leave stu there as I feel when things calm down you will miss him as we all will.

@ doll 

they have its called Refugees ................................another time another place

Is there really? I feel like this went over my head...am I being dumb lol?

I never realized how great the friendships that I have here are.  So many of you have commented on what I posted or private messaged me on the forums.  I didn't realize or didn't care that leaving would affect other people.  I am sorry for that, it was extremely selfish.  As is you can tell from my very first forum posts I am hot headed and quick to act.  It is a major failing in my personality.

I have already logged on as an alt and seen many of you fine people, it just wasn't the same.  Most people disguise themselves as their avatar, I didn't do that with Disco Stu.  Sure its not my name and it is super goofy, but the personality and feelings I Stu had, were truly my own.  Stu was never I disguise for me.  My alt is the disguise and I don't like it.  Running from the problem makes me feel....well I can't even describe it but I don't like the feeling.

I never meant to cause such a scene by posting this I just want you all to know what happened to me when you stopped seeing me around.  I wouldn't do this for attention, I am much to introverted to want the kind of attention I have gotten.  Because you have shown me how stupid I was being, I have decided to return...in shame.  I say that because I feel really stupid making this big fuss only to return one day later.

Thanks Twiggy, Staci and Eclipse, you three helped me see the reality of the situation and return, a little embarrassed but a little wiser.

Because you have shown me how stupid I was being, I have decided to return...in shame.  I say that because I feel really stupid making this big fuss only to return one day later.

Stu.

Never regret or feel a and ashamed of the choices you have made to try to better yourself....regret those that are never made and go unchanged.....in the famous words of Winnie the Pooh......

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. i'll always be with you.” ~Winnie the Pooh

Welcome Back :)

Hey Stu

Glad you decided to stick with using your main avatar. It becomes your identity and losing your identity and starting again is not easy. I forgot in my previous post to thank you for all the sharing of your work and I will do that now. Your work is damn good and it really got me itching to do it again to, so from me thank you for sharing your creations and ideas and thoughts and trying to make the game a better place with more content for us.

I owe you some renders too when I am not lazy and my Intel AWR arrived today for my CPU so I will get on that as soon as the replacement Quadro Card arrives, then I can get my render rig back up and spitting out the most random stuff that comes into my head  :D

Cheers bud, glad to have you back as you

Mikey

post-257-0-22742000-1413142024_thumb.jpg

post-257-0-88243600-1413142038_thumb.jpg