3DXChat Community

Offline Messages

danididit

I'm sure I should put this in the Bug Tracker topic but I'm gonna put it here anyways :P

Why doesn't offline messaging work anymore? I found it very handy in leaving messages for friends when, well, they're offline.. or if they wanted to leave a message for me. It would be great if Gizmo or any of the other develors (not sure who they all are) could get this fixed

As a member from holiday code link of last year.  Offline, messages have never worked and gifts notifications rarely did either.   It would take a day to show on my profile and the notifications would bunch up and spam.

Thanks for posting for after this last update the icon cleared and was hoping it would.

Gizmo, just so we're clear, there are two parts to the Offline Messages:

1) User sends you a message when you're not online, and you get it when you sign on.

2) The ability to get an email letting you know that you got an offline message.

#1 is considerably more important than #2.  If you find yourself in a situation where the code for #1 works but #2 doesn't yet, it would be perfectly fine to release that.  

Gizmo, just so we're clear, there are two parts to the Offline Messages:

1) User sends you a message when you're not online, and you get it when you sign on.

2) The ability to get an email letting you know that you got an offline message.

#1 is considerably more important than #2.  If you find yourself in a situation where the code for #1 works but #2 doesn't yet, it would be perfectly fine to release that.  

And the third is getting offline messages that you have already seen and received when you were online :P:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Would it be possible to have a profile creation so that we can find a mailbox to leave a message to our friends who are not present. You just add a tab so that we can send a message when people are offline or afk otherwise we did otherwise. We do not have enough space to leave a longer message on our gifs, the chat box is too fair too. Thank you for thinking about all his. ;)

Offline PMs were a very important means for me to keep in touch with my friends here, and I am sure that I am not the only one, who feels this need. There also people here with a quite intensive RL, who cannot stay online hours and hours, but still want to exchange messages with their friends. So I would appreciate it very much, if this possibility would be enabled again.

Gizmo, please give this topic high priority for the next patch.

We have got a lot of patches the last time.... 3dx has got more and more overloaded with stuff we don ´t need.  Last night then a new dress that looks like a butcher apron e.g.

But no priority for offline PM which help to arrange appointments and to exchange news.  And no new good looking dresses and NEW GIFTS.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As somebody already indicated ... for those of us that do have a RL offline messaging is important to foster our in-game relationships. So, just to nudge you Gizmo - any idea when this will be back ? Not being able to message my loved one is a huge drawback.

Just to be clear - I am talking about getting a PM somebody sent me when I was offline. Don't care much about email notifications.

It is a shame this doesn’t work anymore. However there are lots of messenger apps you could use. Most of them can remain as anonymous as you choose, or not.

Agreed there are many but some like to keep rl and the 3dx world seperate

Also it would be great, I think, if we could send messages from our user profile webpages but then would probably require they add our friends list to it as well, which wouldn't be a bad thing either