3DXChat Community

3DXChat 2.6 (build 380)

Gizmo

Nah I don't understand your reasoning there. If you TRUST someone, you need no "proof" to begin with. If you are being lied to, maybe you shouldn't have trusted that person in the first place.

This is incredibly silly. How can you expect anyone to 100% KNOW they can trust a partner they feel close to, if they only communicate with them through text on 3DX? If you don't voice chat with them outside the game - whatever their reasons for not wanting to may be - the best you can do is try to have faith that the select few partners/good friends you cherish most are being honest with you about their real identity. But as I and many, many others have found out the hard way after knowing these "friends" for months at a time, and taking their word for what they claim to be their true identity, sometimes even THOSE people will lie to you, manipulate you, and make you think they're something they're not, using your trust and kindness against you for their own sexual and/or romantic entertainment. Hoping that you'll just continue to blindly accept the narratives they've spun about their real selves. 

It is objectively wrong to potentially expose people that trust and care about you to profound emotional trauma. It's not right, and when you make it easier for the liars to hide and manipulate people, and much more difficult for the ones they hurt to find out the truth, you're siding with the liars. You're supporting the fact that they hurt their supposed friends. 

I don't care what anyone says, it is plain as day that that is not cool.

I totally get what he's saying. Someone worms their way into your 3DX life which was all nice and happy and peaceful and you have your circle of close friends who you already know are solid and genuine, and this new person seems fine to begin with, but then after a while they start to show their true colours and do shit you really don't want to be a part of or try their hardest to get you to play 3DX the way they want and when you resist they don't take the hint or even start to get nasty, any number of things come to the surface where at first they seemed fine and normal and you were happy to know them, now you decide you don't want to know them and this often takes time to reveal itself because everyone is nice at the start and says what they think someone else wants to hear to stay in your good books. It often takes an event or certain set of circumstances for things to reveal themselves and this doesn't happen overnight. So under normal circumstances you would normally just keep your distance and they would move on, or even have a few words and think it was the end of it, and for most normal people they would accept this and it would be the end of it. However in 3DX there are some absolute fucking nutcases who will not take no for an answer and once they feel rejected they will make alt avis and do an amazing job of introducing themselves to you all over again as a new person, which you take on face value and start to get to know them, then at some stage, often months later, you find out it is someone you already had issues with who you already decided was not someone you wanted to hang with or be associated with. It's not as easy as saying "you shouldn't have trusted them in the first place" because social life involves a certain amount of trust in the first place when you meet someone new and take them on face value. It's not so much letting them get too close too soon, it's just about believing someone is a new person and giving them a chance as a new friend. In the cases of the worst ones who think it is just a 'game' and they can treat people as they like with no consequences, they are just going to play on the fact they can swap around with names and genders and continue to mind fuck someone they feel angry with or rejected by (this happens a lot to girls with guys who see all females as objects to fuck and nothing more and resent being told 'no') and this new development seems on the face of it to make it easier for them to do. Time will tell. Shit like this wastes a lot of people's precious time as these pathetic masquerades can go on for months sometimes before someone is outed, and creates bad vibes in the community and generates even more distrust of new people which is bad for 3DX as a whole. Anything which gets around an ignore and makes it easier to keep approaching the same people over and over is a bad thing.

I cannot like/upvote/praise this enough. You've detailed one of the many ways that people use multiple avis/accounts to manipulate people for their own entertainment. And obviously the devs couldn't put a stop to that entirely, even if they wanted to, but the changes coming tomorrow are a very clear step in the opposite direction.

Nah. The timing is perfect. it's weekday, 10 AM in the morning in Europe, we all know that not even half of us speak english anyway to read that :P And It's very late in US, people are not online anyway. It's not a busy time so it's perfect for patching even if it takes more than 2 hours or whatever.

You don't know how long it will take or if they run into issues while making the change.  Gizmo made it known they were doing the update and I'm almost certain that someone will find a reason to bitch and complain it's not up and running even with the heads up that it would take several hours.

Could be good timing, 10am in Europe is 5am Eastern Time Zone USA, So by the time I am up at 6am, game should be up and running yes?

How ever I am still upset by this imbedded message from Gizmo or who ever

'... We will report progress on our Twitter, please follow us to stay informed https://twitter.com/3dxchat ...'

In my opinion all progress for 3dxchat should be made here in the forum not some third party site. Do you see my problem now with the message?

Not necessarily as Gizmo stated it could take several hours by your statement that would only be an hour.  It's a nice heads up and should be that way.  Give it a couple of hours, try and if not then try again later but know that you'll have the update all sorted once it's done.  Their may still be a few bugs but that's part of any game out there.

I gotta say, it's really disappointing to see you devs siding with the lying, manipulative, hurtful bunch that play this game, with the avatar-based ignore system and letting people change gender and name. Like...I'm all for privacy and discretion and all that, but when you have a large percentage of players feeling betrayed and hurt and angered due to being lied to by shitty people they thought they could trust, it's not very wise to make it easier for people to hurt them, ya know?

I didn`t notice that large % of players, but I noticed a small percentage. Will you trust me? When you say "large" and if you want people to trust you, give them enough facts before you say something as a fact.
Those features created for having more abilities,etc, not for manipulating or any bad thing. I don`t care about changing a gender, but I want to change a name and I`ll gladly will welcome exactly this.
I noticed that in 3dxchat some persons can blaming other by no reason. Just because they think so. Maybe paranoid ones. I don`t know, but I should to remind about the presumption of innocence, because those people who asking for truth, more asking for troubles sometimes and causing troubles themselves. As our forum shows in that days while the server was not working, Pandora users can create not less troubles. It wasn`t a surprise.
In the real life we need a lot of to understand someone, to trust someone. But in virtual world... Meet friends, give them you skype, have fun. You have everything for comfy play.

Have a good day.

Thank you so much for the heads up for the down time, at least now we are all prepared.

One thing I don't approve of me needing to open a Twitter account to get updates on what is happening. That is why we have this forum.

To those who want more in this update. Stop and think how much time it takes to create what we are going to get. There is a lot of man hours in developing this and we are getting all this for no extra cost. Some sites charge for these sex scene up dates that can cost a packet. Be grateful please.  Would be nice to have coffee option dripping free from our computers into our empty cups....lol

Please to 3DXChat staff, ( Gizmo ) keep us informed here not just on twitter.

Thank you again.

i wonder will the new server be more protected from pandora and why didnt you deal with it yet?

We will start very soon. Wish us good luck!
I will keep you informed here on the forum. In case the forum is unavailable, then see twitter.

The game server will shut down very soon. Get ready.

anyway good luck to your work and good luck to our patience haha :D