3DXChat Community

Clothes

Extreme

6 minutes ago, Manyasha said:

Guys, skirts and dresses below the knee will not be able in the game, because they will work incorrectly, for such clothes need a lot of resources, which will sadly affect for your performance in locations where a lot of people.😀

rigging ain`t easy 😺

6 hours ago, Manyasha said:

Guys, skirts and dresses below the knee will not be able in the game, because they will work incorrectly, for such clothes need a lot of resources, which will sadly affect for your performance in locations where a lot of people.😀

why it will work incorectly? if skirt propely weight painted so physics and animations work properlyΒ 

why it will affect performance and why a skirt needs so many resources ?

you can make a low poly skirt and use modifiers (subdivision)Β  so result is high qualityΒ  while keeping resources to minimumΒ 

7 hours ago, Aliviax said:

why it will work incorectly? if skirt propely weight painted so physics and animations work properlyΒ 

you can make a low poly skirt and use modifiers (subdivision)Β  so result is high qualityΒ  while keeping resources to minimumΒ 

then do it yourself)))))))))) I'm very interested))))))Β πŸ‘Now anyone can make clothes, bodies available to everyone)))πŸ˜‰

13 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Keep learning 3dΒ (rigging).Β Manyasha is telling the truth.

ps: there is no physics for clothes.

6 hours ago, Manyasha said:

then do it yourself)))))))))) I'm very interested))))))Β πŸ‘Now anyone can make clothes, bodies available to everyone)))πŸ˜‰

to make that long skirt the obj file is not enough ^^ cause when you make the skirt you have to try few animations to see where skirt is clipping or dont work correct so you again go back and weight paint the right areas till skirt works ok we need the armature to make that skirt work not just the obj file ^^Β 

Anyway i only asked you 2 questions :)

2 minutes ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Keep learning 3dΒ (rigging).Β Manyasha is telling the truth.

ps: there is no physics for clothes.

There is weight painting lmao weight painting is what makes clothes work correct lol ex but as i said you need the armature also to make it work :)

5 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

There is weight painting lmao weight painting is what makes clothes work correct lol ex but as i said you need the armature also to make it work :)

Now imagine some of ourΒ dances when your avatarΒ spreadsΒ legs wide in these long dresses and try to paint the weights correctly. Manyaha said aboutΒ skirts and dresses below the knee. Below.

Edited by β˜™π”Όπ•©β§

10 minutes ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Now imagine some of ourΒ dances when your avatarΒ spreadsΒ legs wide in these long dresses and try to paint the weights correctly. Manyaha said aboutΒ skirts and dresses below the knee. Below.

Thats why i said we need The rig to make the skirt work properly or design a skirt that will work properly depending the animations.

saying a simple skirts wont work and lets forget long skirts is a easy way out :)Β  i could link you hundrends of youtube examples (blender wise ) that long skirts properly weight painted works perfectly in extreme animationsΒ 

Anyway thank you @ManyashaΒ for spending your time make free clothes for 3dxchat :)

Β 

Edited by Aliviax

Just now, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Yeah, I know her. She helps for SL creators. I did things by her tutorials. Did you see how it works with "extreme" animations?

EX my point is that you cant say long skirts wont work !

My point is is that you Need the rig to make a skirt work while you weight paintΒ 

you need to have the rig so you try animations so you see where X skirtΒ has issues where it clips so you can correct so you can figure out what designs will workΒ 

There are a lot of designs of long dress that will definetly work as long as artist has the rig to test that x design in those extreme situations so x artist whatever can weight paint correctly .

Another point is that you wont have lag from a long skirt lol .

Final point is yes a long skirt needs mre time and effort to be made :)Β  but Not hey it will not work just that simple :)Β