3DXChat Community

3dxchatsharing.com - Free rooms and objects

Torax

1 hour ago, SusanLouisa said:

Yes. AND? If you do not have a VPN??  I have logged into plenty who have my exact town.  The last town I lived in was 2.6 square miles.  True it did not place them on my street but having been a stalking victim this is something to be aware of.  Most are unaware of the details given to the DJ depending on which streaming service the DJ is using.  No, it is not an exact science.  But some of them get a bit too close for comfort.  

It may be close it's not exact.  I get what you're saying but unless you have any real idea of what you're doing with a computer, you won't get a person's exact address just where the IP address is used by their internet provider.  It should be common knowledge if you go on the internet a server can see what your IP address is.

Here is a simple Google search for free VPN providers:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=free+VPN

Mar. Do you ever listen to anyone EVER?  I just told you.  MINE HAS BEEN EXACT.  Do you think I am telling you lies?  What would be the purpose of my lie exactly??  How would I benefit by a lie?  No, Mar, it was EXACT, not just close.  Any real idea of using a computer? ~face palm~ Enough to know that some can tell what town and state I live in.  Yes, I am aware of what a VPN is and how to obtain one, but thank you so much for your assumed needed assistance. My point was to let others know in case THEY were not aware.  I will not discuss this with you any further.  You believe what you wish.  Any one else can check in with their local DJ and see what is showing for them.

I think you just need to calm down cos you both speak about the same things.

An IP will locate you, your country for sure, and then your area. If you are unlucky, it will point to the same city than the one you live in, it can happen indeed.

Nevertheless, the IP dont give your exact adress at all, or you just live next to the i dunno how it is called, internet nod?

Bottom line is the following:

If you want to keep your country and your area/city secret in 3dx, dont listen to music at all, or just the radio, not even music in public places cos they are stream too. Also dont come on my website neither, cos yes i can see country/cities even if i dont know who are the players coming on my website. Only If you submit stuff, I can make the link player/IP.

It is everyone choice from now on. Subject closed.

Edited by Torax

3 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Mar. Do you ever listen to anyone EVER?  I just told you.  MINE HAS BEEN EXACT.  Do you think I am telling you lies?  What would be the purpose of my lie exactly??  How would I benefit by a lie?  No, Mar, it was EXACT, not just close.  Any real idea of using a computer? ~face palm~ Enough to know that some can tell what town and state I live in.  Yes, I am aware of what a VPN is and how to obtain one, but thank you so much for your assumed needed assistance. My point was to let others know in case THEY were not aware.  I will not discuss this with you any further.  You believe what you wish.  Any one else can check in with their local DJ and see what is showing for them.

Where in my posts did I state that it doesn't give your exact town, oh wait, that's right I never said it didn't I stated it gives the IP that your provider provides according to your location, so if it's in the same town as you.  Unless you state to someone where you live, they won't know you're not using a VPN.  The town may be exact but not where you actually live, big difference.  Mine shows my town and given that you've been stalked before, I would think you'd protect yourself and have a VPN.  If you live in a more populated area then yes, your IP town will be exact.  For example Miami, LA, Philadelphia, Chicago and such as they are bigger towns and depending on where you live outside of them, your town might be where the IP server is showing.  So before you try to snap off my head read what I wrote, I never said that it doesn't show your town, it's very possible depending on where your internet provider shows you accessing the internet from.  No where did I stated you lied, nor would I.  I wasn't assuming anything about the post of the VPN, I put it there for anyone to be able to use.  I understood your point but in the end anyone that uses the internet knows there are all kinds of risks, it's your choice to protect yourself in the best way possible for those risks.

2 hours ago, Torax said:

I think you just need to calm down cos you both speak about the same things.

An IP will locate you, your country for sure, and then your area. If you are unlucky, it will point to the same city than the one you live in, it can happen indeed.

Nevertheless, the IP dont give your exact adress at all, or you just live next to the i dunno how it is called, internet nod?

Bottom line is the following:

If you want to keep your country and your area/city secret in 3dx, dont listen to music at all, or just the radio, not even music in public places cos they are stream too. Also dont come on my website neither, cos yes i can see country/cities even if i dont know who are the players coming on my website. Only If you submit stuff, I can make the link player/IP.

It is everyone choice from now on. Subject closed.

Exactly, that was the point of my post.  Use a VPN or some form of that to protect yourself if you don't want your location known.  It's that simple.

9 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

It may be close it's not exact.  I get what you're saying but unless you have any real idea of what you're doing with a computer, you won't get a person's exact address just where the IP address is used by their internet provider.  It should be common knowledge if you go on the internet a server can see what your IP address is.

I've tried the "free" VPN's several and every last one of them slowed my internet (wired or wifi) from 100+mbps to 25-50mbps. That's a huge cost when you are paying for 100mbps. Now, IF I want a good VPN that protects my speed (or dips at most 10%) I have to pay almost the same price as I pay to my provider. 

That is all I have to say about the conversation between you and Susan. Just don't tell someone to go to a free VPN and then not tell them the disadvantages of what "free" are.

that said.....

Thank you Torax and all builders who share. You help make the game fun and it is deeply appreciated.

Edited by panCDCA

12 hours ago, Mar Mohan said:

12 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

Close as it NOT YOUR EXACT ADDRESS.  As I had explained prior that they cannot get your EXACT address off your IP, yes they may get your town but NOT your address.  I even stated examples of how it can state your EXACT town depending on where you're located and where the server for your IP provider. So while you want to state it, why don't you read up in my other comments where I had explained it even after you posted to me, I even responded.  It will never be your EXACT location, i.e. your physical address.  I explained that it's going to be closest to your location.

3 hours ago, panCDCA said:

I've tried the "free" VPN's several and every last one of them slowed my internet (wired or wifi) from 100+mbps to 25-50mbps. That's a huge cost when you are paying for 100mbps. Now, IF I want a good VPN that protects my speed (or dips at most 10%) I have to pay almost the same price as I pay to my provider. 

That is all I have to say about the conversation between you and Susan. Just don't tell someone to go to a free VPN and then not tell them the disadvantages of what "free" are.

that said.....

Thank you Torax and all builders who share. You help make the game fun and it is deeply appreciated.

They have ones that don't cost that much but if you're worried about someone finding out your location, that cost won't matter when you want to protect yourself.

What's new?

March 6 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 1 New room by Torax: Villa 2  (Villa)

Time is passing by and I try to let go more of my stuff. So here is my house, many objects are already shared, but this is most likely the room which condensate most of my work.

https://www.3dxchatsharing.com/villa-2-by-torax

1801217794_2020-03-0613-55-41_3375252(FILEminimizer).thumb.jpg.1beea10a2cacedf804edafd49aa619ba.jpg

202483148_2020-03-0613-56-44_3378025(FILEminimizer).thumb.jpg.255329074f5c42226a778fa3897e5dfe.jpg

915071721_2020-03-0613-57-33_3380417(FILEminimizer).thumb.jpg.54eda0cb915fd10bdec9b0ddc28ba423.jpg

35 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

Nice! :D

our houses are always close to our hearts... and we pour much time into them.. sharing it is pretty big of you, dear ;)

I AGREE 100%. 

As someone who sadly lacks the patience I am grateful and thankful to those who share their works selflessly. I am in awe of their hard work and dedication. 

THANK YOU.

What's new?

March 9 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 3 New objects by CharityFine: Electronic Keyboard  (Electronics), Snowmobile (Vehicles) & Neon Girl Sign (Wall Art)

• 1 New object by Rubbina: Factory Shed (Room Part)

• 1 New room by Rubbina: Modern House (Villa)

What's new?

March 13 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 1 New room by Rubbina: Doll Island (RP)

• 1 New object by Hipfu: Love Bed (Furnitures)

• 2 New rooms by DJKhal: New Hollywood Club 2020 (Club) and Relax Island (Resort)

On 3/9/2020 at 4:33 PM, Torax said:

What's new?

March 9 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 3 New objects by CharityFine: Electronic Keyboard  (Electronics), Snowmobile (Vehicles) & Neon Girl Sign (Wall Art)

• 1 New object by Rubbina: Factory Shed (Room Part)

• 1 New room by Rubbina: Modern House (Villa)

its not on the site ?!?

What's new?

March 25 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 1 New room by SummerX: Island Sanctuary (Villa)

• 3 New rooms by Lucho: Villa (Villa), Zen Garden (Themed) and Church (Themed)

• 1 New room by DJKhal: Villa (Villa)

• 1 New object by DrakeStorm: Oak Table (Furnitures)

What's new?

March 26 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 1 New room by Ghostintheshell: Baybitch (RP)

• 1 New room by Torax: Forgotten Island (Themed)

• 14 New objects by Torax: Bed (Furnitures), Bed 2 (Funitures), Bench (Furnitures), Bridge (Room Part), Column (Room Part), Cupola (Room Part), Fire (Decoration), Jar and Cups (Drinks), Lamp (Decoration), Pole (Decoration), Small Cupola (Room Part), Small Table (Furnitures), Table (Furniture) & Torch (Decoration)

Edited by Torax

What's new?

March 30 th 2020:

Contributions:

• 1 New room by DrakeStorm: Treehouse (Villa)

• 1 New room by Aelle: The Office (RP)

• 1 New room by Annliss: KeySud (Club)

• 1 New room by JuicyJina: Hotel Room (RP)

• 1 New object by Chemykals: DJ Battlemixer (Music)

Hello guys,

well, I never thought I would ask this, but well some changes RL, and here I am.

The website is up and running till September 21st, at that time I will have to renew it. As a matter of fact, this website costed me around 400 euros so far and plenty of hours on it.

I always wanted it ad free for a better experience as well.

My question is the following, how would you react if I added a PayPal button for donation only. Donating or not wont change anything, all the content will be free as it always was but, let's be honest, with the size it took, I would appreciate support.

If you think it is not appropriate, I wont do it. I am waiting some feedback. Thank you.

That would be totally fair... I mean... I had no idea it cost you that much... geez!
people really don't realize how thankful they should be... thanks so much for all the time, money and effort dear... really!
I say even some ads on the sides to help reduce the cost more is fine even.

Edited by Anaganda