3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

I dont need protection. let me break this down for you.... most of these people who scream they are offended by this or that love the drama. they need it. Such as cockster . I mean he claims JJ has harassed him forever yet doesnt block him. why do you think that is. I will tell you why, its because he is a drama queen. If someone was really bugging me in forums or game, I would block them and be done with it.Β 

Β 

Its just an excuse to post novel after novel of his cucklike feelings being hurt and drama queen nature.

Β 

btw, before you say I like drama, I do. But ive never denied it. Love a good drama session :)

Β 

ok folks, stayed as long as I could to reply to you, Would be rude just to ignore you and im anything but rude :)

I understood that you don`t need protection. I said about whole community, not about you only.Β 

Have a good time with family.

everyone is different and that's normal. well i was trying to say that but, didn't think enough how to make a speech right. sorry :D

the point is, no one should judge or yell about the oddity of the others.

Β 

Homophobic statements are against ToS. You can't agrue with that. People are welcome to hold whatever opinions they like about anybody. The ToS control the way those opinions are expressed in the forums and in game. It should be quite simple, people who break the rules get kicked out so people who abide by them can play happily.

Homophobic statements are against ToS. You can't agrue with that. People are welcome to hold whatever opinions they like about anybody. The ToS control the way those opinions are expressed in the forums and in game. It should be quite simple, people who break the rules get kicked out so people who abide by them can play happily.

So which alt is this one? Should we agrue with this one or let it be? lol :lol:

Again you are wrong, I blocked JJ and all his other alts continually, including on here, but he kept creating new characters and accounts and sending me more and more messages so I would block him again as and when they appeared, and you know this because you were telling me in private messages that he had mentioned me on the forum and even including links in order to continue the drama and get me to read what he was writing, when I likely would never have known about it. You are so full of it.

Β 

Careful throwing stones when you live in a glass house. ;)

So, let's put the thread back on track. Do any of the dlls work for the test server?

Β 

Not to my awareness.Β  I'd imagine most, if not all of them, will result in a crash.Β  I've not seen any DLLs designed for the test version.

Β 

Cheers,

Β  Β  Β -L

I’ll now try to bring things back in line with some of the topics discussed here.

Β 

There has been some discussion about the meaning behind the term of service and how they might be applied. I think this little spat indicates the need something a bit more hands on in terms of moderation. Both on the forums and in game. A few posters have indicated how a few people with several active accounts can, and do, cause trouble in game and can get round ignores and bans.

Β 

In this post, therefore, I am asking the moderators to take a more active stance with a view to making 3dxChat a better place for everybody.

What is wrong with using the generally accepted terms for homosexuals, there are plenty enough available without straying in to the realms of abuse? The other terms you mention are, in their way, quite descriptive but are still not the kind of language anyone particularly wants to be associated with. They are quite clearly meant to be insulting and if used to insult somebody would also be contrary to ToS.

Β 

The only person getting hot under the collar about this is you. The homophobic terms you have used recently remain contrary to Terms of Service, Accusing soembody of being a victim, multiple accounts or anything else does not change that simple fact.

Β 

Again I ask that the moderators take a more active role both on the forums and within the game. There are many arguments in favour of doing so, which have been more than adequately covered in other threads, as I recall.

I have been thinking some more about this since my last post, earlier this evening. I want to say this as clearly as I can to the moderators. If you fail to act against posts, and people, who contravene the Terms of Service then you are saying that you approve their posts. I don't believe for a minute that you condone the posting of homophobic content, or any other breach of ToS. The time has come, in my opinion, to draw a line under this and for breaches of ToS to be dealt with effectively. He is showing disrespect to you and the 3dxChat team as if he is saying 'ban me if you dare'. Consider the message you are sending out to your customers by allowing this to continue.

Β 

I don't intend to engage with this person any further but will continue to report anything he posts that is against the rules. I advise others to follow suit, try to ignore him and to report anything that breaks the rules. He is trying to be as offensive as possilbe in the hope that someone will say something he can use to get them banned. Do not give him that pleasure.

I have been thinking some more about this since my last post, earlier this evening. I want to say this as clearly as I can to the moderators. If you fail to act against posts, and people, who contravene the Terms of Service then you are saying that you approve their posts. I don't believe for a minute that you condone the posting of homophobic content, or any other breach of ToS. The time has come, in my opinion, to draw a line under this and for breaches of ToS to be dealt with effectively. He is showing disrespect to you and the 3dxChat team as if he is saying 'ban me if you dare'. Consider the message you are sending out to your customers by allowing this to continue.

Β 

I don't intend to engage with this person any further but will continue to report anything he posts that is against the rules. I advise others to follow suit, try to ignore him and to report anything that breaks the rules. He is trying to be as offensive as possilbe in the hope that someone will say something he can use to get them banned. Do not give him that pleasure.

Then it should go for anyone.Β  I've seen far to much let alone was subjected to a little over a week of hell that I still have nightmares from but let's report some but not all.

Rules for anyone. Not because it sound good, but because it wasn`t made just for a good view.

Β 

I`ve seen a glitch or bug today. If I delete the character then create a new character I am able to see everyone from my iggy. After relogging ignore list becomes normal. Has test server the same issue?

With this post I want to repeat that a failure to act by moderators to breaches of the terms of service show that they condone such breaches. That makes a mockery of having them in the first place. Rules should be applied to all and enforced where appropriate.

Β 

Unless something new happens that will be my last word on this aspect of this thread.

Β 

The other point I want to make is that it would be useful for users to know an approximate timescale for testing of the new server and for roll out of the updated game.

I would just like to reiterate my post about drama and the people involved here.Β  Points to the post of the last few pages.Β  AgainΒ  if that's your thing.. rock on!Β  I like to read it.Β  But c'monΒ at least admit what the rest of us see already.Β  Id also like to add that I find it completely hilarious that people think they hide themselves in their alts here.Β  It doesn't really take more than a post or two to tell who is who generally.Β  I am absolutely sure that the devs., who have the intelligence to build and run this entire game, can see it too.

How, may I ask, does that relate to what looks very much like a failure of the moderators to act when the Terms of Service are broken? In this recent case the issue is homophobic content being allowed to go un-checked. Such content being expressly forbidden in the ToS.

Perhaps I can explain, to save you reading through the whole thread.

Β 

Early on concern was expressed that the ignore function provided by the new server was inadequate, that moved on to my suggesting that the report feature might not be any better. From then on ToS have been referred to with suggestions that they may not be robust enough and possibley not enforced. Recently ToS have been contravened by someone making homophobic comments. Despite reports it appears no action has yet been taken. The person who made the homophobic posts has made several attempts to justify them.

Β 

I think, and you are welcome to disagree, that the ToS are quite fundamental to the future development of the game. A failure by the moderators to enforce the terms of service opens the way for 3dxChat to become quite a hostile place. Quite simply customers do not want to pay their subs to be confronted by homophobic jibes, or any other form of insult or abusive language. It is meant to be entertainment. The thread is punctuated regularly by descriptions of ways the ToS have been broken in game and how the new version could make this more of a problem. Which way do you want the game to go:- a happy place where the rules are respected by all or an unhappy place where people seem to get away with abusive language with impunity?

Β 

In that sense this aspect is relevant to the discussions that have developed from the OP.

Perhaps I can explain, to save you reading through the whole thread.

Β 

Early on concern was expressed that the ignore function provided by the new server was inadequate, that moved on to my suggesting that the report feature might not be any better. From then on ToS have been referred to with suggestions that they may not be robust enough and possibley not enforced. Recently ToS have been contravened by someone making homophobic comments. Despite reports it appears no action has yet been taken. The person who made the homophobic posts has made several attempts to justify them.

Β 

I think, and you are welcome to disagree, that the ToS are quite fundamental to the future development of the game. A failure by the moderators to enforce the terms of service opens the way for 3dxChat to become quite a hostile place. Quite simply customers do not want to pay their subs to be confronted by homophobic jibes, or any other form of insult or abusive language. It is meant to be entertainment. The thread is punctuated regularly by descriptions of ways the ToS have been broken in game and how the new version could make this more of a problem. Which way do you want the game to go:- a happy place where the rules are respected by all or an unhappy place where people seem to get away with abusive language with impunity?

Β 

In that sense this aspect is relevant to the discussions that have developed from the OP.

No you don't need to explain.Β  Get back on the thread subject. Stop derailing it.Β  Go back to the topic instead of dragging it on and on.Β  Ever hear the expression "Stop beating a dead horse."Β  That's what happening and will be blown over and leaving a bad taste in the mouth of potential users who are looking at this.

Are you trying to say that homophobic, and other abusive posts, are acceptable? Perhaps you think that they do comply with ToS? I don't think you are trying to say that at all, but it would be quite understandable if I did. What you are trying to do is deflect attention from those homophobic comments for some reason. Possibly because the person who made those comments is a friend of yours?

Β 

As I said before the ToS are fundamental to the way people play the game. That directly impacts on the way the game develops. I do not feel discussion of ToS is outside the remit of this thread, for the reasons above. You disagree, that is fine and your prerogative. I would like to ask your reasons. Accusing me of derailing a thread that has already been derailed by homophobic comments is not really a good reason, imho.