3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

Come to think of it, Mar_Mohan may have a point in that this part of the thread has come far enough until such time as the moderators respond with how they intend to enforce the ToS in the middle to long term, or there is some other sign that action has been taken following the reports that have been made. I don't think I am the only person here to consider homophobic comments as being contrary to ToS, particularly as such things are specifically stated in ToS.

It is a few days now since the offending comments were made and reported. I think it fair to give the moderators a chance to follow the reports up. However, I think it is important not to let the issue dissappear completely.

Are you trying to say that homophobic, and other abusive posts, are acceptable? Perhaps you think that they do comply with ToS? I don't think you are trying to say that at all, but it would be quite understandable if I did. What you are trying to do is deflect attention from those homophobic comments for some reason. Possibly because the person who made those comments is a friend of yours?  Let me clear this up for you as you want to assume something about me, which is getting beyond annoying at this point in time.  I did not say that they are, I've seen some and have been a part of some really horrific posts and threads especially with a personal matter that happened to me.  I don't think they comply but then again there are those on both sides that have gone and said things they should have that don't comply with the ToS.  So then why are you assuming I did when you didn't understand that I was saying to drop it and move on.  Report it, make a simple comment and go on about your day like any other adult does.  I'm not trying to deflect anything I simply wanted the thread to get back on subject not the constant rants that have lasted for pages as it happens with countless other threads where people can't drop it.  Let me be clear no matter friend or not, makes no difference to me, I say it to all those commenting, you've said your peace, report it and move on.  BTW, I have no issues with gays, lesbians, Bi-sexuals and so on as I did something in my real that states otherwise.  Oh yes, I do speak up to my friends even when they may not like it.

As I said before the ToS are fundamental to the way people play the game. That directly impacts on the way the game develops. I do not feel discussion of ToS is outside the remit of this thread, for the reasons above. You disagree, that is fine and your prerogative. I would like to ask your reasons. Accusing me of derailing a thread that has already been derailed by homophobic comments is not really a good reason, imho Did I direct my post to just you, no it was to all of those who continued to carry on with it.  Which is why it gets reported and you move on instead of filling page after page with it.

Come to think of it, Mar_Mohan may have a point in that this part of the thread has come far enough until such time as the moderators respond with how they intend to enforce the ToS in the middle to long term, or there is some other sign that action has been taken following the reports that have been made. I don't think I am the only person here to consider homophobic comments as being contrary to ToS, particularly as such things are specifically stated in ToS.  Then let the Devs moderate the forum as that is their jobs not ours they gave us the tools to report it and move on.

It is a few days now since the offending comments were made and reported. I think it fair to give the moderators a chance to follow the reports up. However, I think it is important not to let the issue dissappear completely. You know it was over the weekend an as history has seen most of it gets handled during the week.  So let them do their job and make it easy on yourself.  Just sit back and relax knowing you reported the offending post and let the Devs handle it.  That's what I do.

I agree it is time to give the moderation team a chance to decide how best to proceed. I remain concerned about the level of disrespect shown to them by the same person who posted the homophobic comments in the first place. I hope I am not the only person to have reported this. I hope that the moderation team can and do act quickly because I don't think this sort of thing can be allowed to carry on for long. What sort of message is it giving out to the user base if this is allowed to continue.

You seem fixated with someone called Simon and someone called Ciera. FYI neither is me. Could this fixation explain why you consider homophobic comments to be acceptable? The carrying of a homophobic tag line on your profile is also contrary to ToS.

In line with my post in the other thread I call upon the moderators to act regarding the homophobic comments and to confirm that the Terms of Service are upheld.

Give it a break and keep to the topic @ Stormbringer you brought it to another thread and then you wonder why you're being accused of someone else because they did the same shit.  So sorry if you don't like people asking it to be stopped but it really is enough and doesn't need to be dragged through more threads as action was taken even if you don't agree with it.  You're not the Devs and they control what they choose.  I did post this in the other thread to which you brought it to there is your answer. 

Bringing it back to topic!

Does anyone else love how you can now create the waterfalls and volcanoes with ease and a nice landscape to go with it?  I'm enjoying it as it's looking more natural then what we had before and for the castle it's even better.

Yea, I've suggested this before, but I really think we need a half-speed and a quarter speed camera move operating using a key toggle. The camera moves way too fast when you get close up to an object and it is extremely hard to get it to stop where you need it to be to see close-up work. You tap a key and it shoots sideways past where you need it, you hit it the other way and it goes past again, tap tap tap tap tap, ooh finally you luck-onto where you need it to be and can continue working. And the higher the camera goes into the air the faster it moves as well. When you are zooming right in extremely close to an object you HAVE to be able to control the camera and get it to where you need it with the work in the exact center of the screen. When you are right up close and only a few pixels across from what you need to see, you need to be able to move it slow enough to get those few pixels further along then stop reliably.

They should do this; Choose three unused keys on the keyboard to use as toggle keys, so when you tap it once it activates that speed, hit it again it turns off and goes back to default speed, or when you hit another one it cancels the previous one automatically and activates the next chosen speed mode. We have default normal speed (and while we are at it, can we add back the + shift function to double the speed such as already exists in flycam mode ingame for zooming around fast around builds, going way back far to select all to lift and lower etc) then we have half speed, and we have quarter speed which is very slow and used for extremely close-up work so you can toggle it on and then when you use the WASD or arrow keys it moves slow enough so when extremely close-up it is easy to get the join or small item in the center as the camera is moving at a crawl because up close it is no longer a crawl, those pixels are seeming to move by quite quickly. It's a bit like the gear system on a car, you don't drive in first gear all the time because it's way too slow but sometimes first gear is exactly the speed you need for what you are doing. Just having one speed for building is not at all satisfactory.

Yeah, if youre up high in the map, its insane now, its always been bad, but on the test its even worse now. 

The feature is, that as you get further away(up), the cam moves faster, so to combat this, you build close to the water line, then move it up after youre done. But as you mentioned, even at water line its still too fast for doing precision jobs lining up pieces.

This is why there was a DLL, purely fo game features that should be added with an official patch but never are. Ive heard so many people talking about tha "DLL" like eet was pure ebil and should be banned but in reality eet provided smurt lil options that we should have and are not given and had to rely on a 3rd party to provide us with them.

Coloring certain clothing items, a skin color palette , make up intensity, transparency of some clothing items and other game options to name a few that make tha game more customizable.

Ah would rather a bunch of new game features than a few more ok Sex Poses. Like tha ability to remove tha ocean completely, a speed control fo Editor Camera and a sheet tonne of others we all could come up with in a few hours.

One thing I think I asked for a long time ago, but have not seen it asked for many times since, but I feel is even more so required now as the DJ rumblings seem to be getting bad again.

Or at least were the last time I was in game.

A tool to be able to create a list of people that are allowed to enter a URL for streaming into our rooms.

With the new editor there have been some really cool rooms created, and for some time now the user created rooms have taken over from the main locations as preferred places to hang and hold events.

It would be cool to have a tool for these rooms builders to be able to create a list of DJs that could then go in at any time and DJ in that room.

I could see a lot of rooms being left open for that reason, and becoming very popular.

Also be able to book a time in these rooms so DJs can hold a spot for events.

I think its a good idea, but I am just not sure user rooms are stable enough right now to leave them open without a host. They have a way of crashing after a bit, and I am sure the DJ would find it annoying without a host to restart the room. Plus the host does help the DJ with local, and attracting people.

Give it a break and keep to the topic @ Stormbringer you brought it to another thread and then you wonder why you're being accused of someone else because they did the same shit.  So sorry if you don't like people asking it to be stopped but it really is enough and doesn't need to be dragged through more threads as action was taken even if you don't agree with it.  You're not the Devs and they control what they choose.  I did post this in the other thread to which you brought it to there is your answer. 

Bringing it back to topic!

Does anyone else love how you can now create the waterfalls and volcanoes with ease and a nice landscape to go with it?  I'm enjoying it as it's looking more natural then what we had before and for the castle it's even better.

I agree,  for god sake can you people drop your whining and GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!

Hello, i am new and tried the test server. My question is: Are the local and world chats in the main server also filled with russians and spanish people? I mean english isn't my native language but i think it is the language which most of the people in the world understand. I think about getting an abo for the main server but honestly, not with a chat full of people i can't understand.

Hello, i am new and tried the test server. My question is: Are the local and world chats in the main server also filled with russians and spanish people? I mean english isn't my native language but i think it is the language which most of the people in the world understand. I think about getting an abo for the main server but honestly, not with a chat full of people i can't understand.

The normal server chat is full of russian wrinting only when it's day in russia. But most of the time, peoples tend to write in english in world chat

The normal server chat is full of russian wrinting only when it's day in russia. But most of the time, peoples tend to write in english in world chat

Thank you for your help, i guess i will give it a try for one month.

You and every user can use any language in any chat. Just be respectful. 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

You and every user can use any language in any chat. Just be respectful. 

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

I know that there isnt a rule which push us to write in english. It is only because i tried to write in the locals and world chat on the test server and there was no chance to get a communication in english.

So my question was if the main server  have the same problem. I like to write in global chats and i always respect people, so this is an important question for me which affects if i subscribe or not.

I know that there isnt a rule which push us to write in english. It is only because i tried to write in the locals and world chat on the test server and there was no chance to get a communication in english.

So my question was if the main server  have the same problem. I like to write in global chats and i always respect people, so this is an important question for me which affects if i subscribe or not.

It does... You ll find territories already.

Sin Club is mostly Italian now.

Love Island is german

Beach is turkish

Fresco is russian

Yacht is french

I dont mind a few talks in native language to communicate or find like-minded people but then I think it is common sense to form a group-chat if you want to chit chat with all of your friends around. Deciding to flood local chat with native chit chat isnt really fair to everyone else. I tried to reason with them and kindly asked if they would be so kind to do a groupchat or talk in PM as was just two people talking in local in italian, but appeared like 10 people would talk. So yeah since there are no rules for that and some give a damn about general netiquette and common-sense I guess is pointless to reason. Most I ve talked to didnt wanted to be reasoned with and even made a fun of it, so there is only one true filter to deal with the small inconvinience.

Put Native-Blabbers that enjoy flooding local & world chat channels with their chatter on ignore. I know sometimes you have to put many people on the list, but the way I see it its no loss for you as they are either unwilling to communicate in a language most understand, so no real loss. Just find it funny that they feel offended once you put them on ignore, as they "Didnt do anything wrong"

I haven't been on the test server that much, but I get the feeling that a lot of the people on it right now don't speak English at all, and it seems like Russian is the dominate language. That's not the case at all on the main server. It seems like the community from the main server is also less active on the test server then they were a bit earlier, and that the test server is kind of over run with colders. Its not representative of how the main server is. I did notice that a lot of people now have something in their profiles about MNF Club, so I think a lot of them must be from there.

I was on our test server. Well, it is really different. On main server you will see different languages in world chat, but not that often as on the test server. World chat mostly english and you will find the one who can speak english. Sometimes our global chat is silent(rare),it depends of your play time. Another problem that our world chat isn`t respectful sometimes. You can use ignore or just no pay attention on our trolls. They are funny sometimes. It reminds a big family with conflicts inside, but living together.

I recommend to try 1 month subscription for start. 3dxchat isn`t bad in my subjective opinion.

Have a good time.

Deciding to flood local chat with native chit chat isnt really fair to everyone else. 

What do you think you are doing when you speak English in local chat?  Is that fair to everyone who doesn't speak English? And don't give me that "English is common language" baloney, because it isn't. 

People are entitled to speak any language they want in local chat. Period! End of story.