3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

I'm still getting spam emails and even though I was told it was in fact from the game test thing I can't remove that option like they told me too since the test server is down. Now I have to constantly block the senders of these spam emails everyday! Dammit just open the test server again so I can fix this!

most people take issue with me calling 3dx a sex game but what you cant take issue with is society at large views this as a sex game. paypal, etc. as such the game will always have a low ceiling because those types of games are looked down at by the majority of the population. Its also why they cant advertise in the same spots you could imvu and other non sex related games. 

as far as woman go, I honestly believe a big reason  why more arent here is because a vast majority think these types of games are silly or perverted. Dont take my word for it, go out in the real world. I would be willing to bet if you met a group of women and told them about 3dx and asked if they would be interested, most if not all would look at you with disdain.  I say this because I dont think its this game thats stopping women from joining, its games like these that they take issue with. It has its small market but thats all it will ever be, a small market.

This is just my opinion of course , feel free to disagree. 

Interesting points Rob.... I came to 3D after 14 years in  second life (  still a member) mostly because the SL platform  became  so  buggy and  outdated with poor graphics and lighting ( I make machinima).  coming  from SL  the stark differences you notice are the  tiny amount of game  content, the building  stuff is miniscule.....not even a complete basic primitive  set and the inability to  upload your  own textures......this is relevant to the topic of retention in the game.....3D is very narrow ( sex and dance basically) , one of the great strengths that SL had was its ability to cater to peoples creativity, 3D barely scratches the  surface  there.....some of that  creativity  also addresses the issue of women in 3D.... women like fashion,  shoes, hairstyles, makeup, the ability to  reinvent their femininity by creating their own  fashions....... in 3d this level of immersion barely  exists  from a womans perspective.......more than a passing nod to user creativity would go a long way to  keeping people in the game...... my  final observation is about marketing  -  yes,  the marketing  does NOT appeal to  women.

I only see one person ranting round here, the vast majority of people present their case sensibley.

The discussion here is largely about how people want the new version to be, features they would like to have, features they think have not been implemented properly and so on. With the test server being down I would assume that further bugs have been found which need sorting out, maybe Gizmo has decided to change a few things in line with what people have said.

cant upload 377 with patcher

Try running the game as Administrator by right clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.  If that doesn't work then check your virus software and make sure that the patcher.exe file under the game is added as an exception.

Try running the game as Administrator by right clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.  If that doesn't work then check your virus software and make sure that the patcher.exe file under the game is added as an exception.

thanks for help but i did. cant play still. i can playin normal game.

Again I can't quote because of the way this forum site is bugging for me.

Veronica Lee... very good points. I think if the game allowed more creativity for the players it would retain a lot more people. Because as Rob said not much to this game except, dance, sex, and chat and sadly, that is not enough for some. I think that's why there is drama and people making alts and why people leave. I admit to being here for the social aspect and to some degree the sex, so I can handle the limited options here.

My creativity is in being a green, red horned, with as one woman called it "cotton candy" haired avi and sadly, there are too many that will judge me because that is my way of being different in a game where the options to "look" different are so limited. The I think the positions are way too limited. For this, like a fool, I pay full price monthly for. I may end up creating a new green man when the sale hits. Going monthly, for me, was a way to say I can leave next month if something happens. There has been ONLY one time I was that close in the year and soon to be 2 months I have been here. I don't see me leaving BUT should it start becoming boring and more of my friends depart, I will.

The game is what it is and because the target audience at least in the States where we will put PG 13 on violence but show 1 nipple and a realistic love scene it's an automatic R sex is still a "taboo" for MANY women and men. I don't understand it. But just look at the games that ARE advertised in mainstream media and how they promote violence but this would NEVER be allowed the same advertising platforms. It sucks and it is one explanation why we have kids killing kids in our schools. IF we taught our children that sex was good and violence unacceptable except in life or death situations, this nation would be a LOT safer. It's not a gun control issue, it's not necessarily a parental issue but it is, without doubt, a societal issue and the ONLY way to change that is to change how we regard sex and violence. //jumps off my soapbox, sorry for my political/societal rant.

when i do on to the page to make a free account. after i put in the email and passwords and click creat account it comes up 'Captcha check failed'. I guess that means the 'not a robot' thing but it never appeared on my screen .

am I doing something wrong? can some one help?

Thank you  for that panCDCA I suspect and hope that creativity will be allowed to   grow in the game over  time, it won't  change  the flavour of the  game but I think add many  more  flavours.....Your rant is most  welcome :)...however I'm not  sure I  completely agree about the shootings issues in the US, every other modern  country has mental health issues,  violent  films and  video games as much as the US and in some cases like Japan they are even more so....and yet school/ mass shootings are  incredibly rare.... they  also  have  strict  gun control.

Again I can't quote because of the way this forum site is bugging for me.

Veronica Lee... very good points. I think if the game allowed more creativity for the players it would retain a lot more people. Because as Rob said not much to this game except, dance, sex, and chat and sadly, that is not enough for some. I think that's why there is drama and people making alts and why people leave. I admit to being here for the social aspect and to some degree the sex, so I can handle the limited options here.

My creativity is in being a green, red horned, with as one woman called it "cotton candy" haired avi and sadly, there are too many that will judge me because that is my way of being different in a game where the options to "look" different are so limited. The I think the positions are way too limited. For this, like a fool, I pay full price monthly for. I may end up creating a new green man when the sale hits. Going monthly, for me, was a way to say I can leave next month if something happens. There has been ONLY one time I was that close in the year and soon to be 2 months I have been here. I don't see me leaving BUT should it start becoming boring and more of my friends depart, I will.

The game is what it is and because the target audience at least in the States where we will put PG 13 on violence but show 1 nipple and a realistic love scene it's an automatic R sex is still a "taboo" for MANY women and men. I don't understand it. But just look at the games that ARE advertised in mainstream media and how they promote violence but this would NEVER be allowed the same advertising platforms. It sucks and it is one explanation why we have kids killing kids in our schools. IF we taught our children that sex was good and violence unacceptable except in life or death situations, this nation would be a LOT safer. It's not a gun control issue, it's not necessarily a parental issue but it is, without doubt, a societal issue and the ONLY way to change that is to change how we regard sex and violence. //jumps off my soapbox, sorry for my political/societal rant.

thank you for the help. I managed to make one on my phone. for some reason the Captcha thing wont show up on my pc.

You have to check a capcha box. Its right under password. Might want to reload page. Maybe it will show. If its not working on your computer, try your phone to create it. worked on both for me

yLawEwE.png

Thank you  for that panCDCA I suspect and hope that creativity will be allowed to   grow in the game over  time, it won't  change  the flavour of the  game but I think add many  more  flavours.....

You're welcome, I think we do need to add a little more. People like opportunities to be creative and this game because of the graphics and lack of having to pay in micro transactions, would be a great place for people to release that creative flow. We already see it in many who create beautiful builds.

Your rant is most  welcome :)...however I'm not  sure I  completely agree about the shootings issues in the US, every other modern  country has mental health issues,  violent  films and  video games as much as the US and in some cases like Japan they are even more so....and yet school/ mass shootings are  incredibly rare.... they  also  have  strict  gun control.

Thanks, I am sadly very political and this is one outlet I try to avoid saying anything. I agree every nation has mental health problems (most have better more available (affordable) healthcare than the States). Yes, I agree many countries share the same violence in media as Americans do, however, as pointed out they have a more available healthcare system, they aren't as prudish and frown on sex while almost promoting violence (Japan has nudity on tv and is far less as repressive as the US when it comes to sex and nudity) and yes, sadly, it is the availability of guns in the US.