3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

Whatever the discussion is about, here are some facts:

• The promised test server was there for some hours.
  • There was no chance to test, if the stability was really improved, time was too short.
  • The few poses and landscapes cannot be the announced amazing update.
  • Still no word about the conclusions out of the pose editor poll.
  • Still no update for the real thing.

Sorry for rating along which what is released and released is still nothing since the last few clothes only for women and no new pose since over a year and no new actions like couple dances ore more gestures than “hello” and “applause”.

---

Correction: The test server is back, just when I released the post. So let the testing begin.

In former times there was a menu to switch the dance 1-4 when being at the pole, the menu is still gone and one need to switch via the pole starting menu which leads the ava always to beam back to start position instead of ending the current dance and then start the new selected once. Elegance in poledance keeps staying gone.

Hey, question... I made an account for test server. I saw it was up again, went to login, but forgot my password   :(   Will i have to make another account ?  I tried the " forgot my password"   but was sent password for main account, not the test account. Any idea how i can get this fixed?    Thanks !

Update: Login seems to have been fixed. I got PW, an after couple tries, all seems sorted now !  So far, all seems quite grand  :)

After jumping back in after 3 years....it hasn't changed. Game's visuals have degraded, world editor is tedious, clunky, cumbersome, and lackluster. No wonder no one is hosting parties anymore. Doesn't help the devs thought it was smart to remove the old rooms which worked just fine. It used to be better when placing furniture now its all game designer style garbage. There's still no depth to sex its just the same old looping animation with plungers in the toilet SFX. Not to mention the character editor is laughably bad for male avatars. Never understood why people waste money on this game since it never improves.

After jumping back in after 3 years....it hasn't changed. Game's visuals have degraded, world editor is tedious, clunky, cumbersome, and lackluster. No wonder no one is hosting parties anymore. Doesn't help the devs thought it was smart to remove the old rooms which worked just fine. It used to be better when placing furniture now its all game designer style garbage. There's still no depth to sex its just the same old looping animation with plungers in the toilet SFX. Not to mention the character editor is laughably bad for male avatars. Never understood why people waste money on this game since it never improves.

Here is a lot of parties actually, more than was 3 years ago. But not on the test server. World editor is a better way for building than it was 3 years ago(where we could just put stuff inside small standart place and that was borring shit) and now everyone can create more. You can upload old rooms and use that. 

For those still wondering about the new character ids and stuff...

The ids identify character records, not character slots. When a character is created it is assigned a consecutive unique id number which is used to identify it withing the game code. When you change the character name/sex/any other property, the id stays. However, when you delete a character, the whole record is removed, including the id, and when you create a new one in the same slot, the id will be new as well.

Gizmo the 64bit is basically additional compiler line for DUAL exe's in Unity, dunno why that can't be done in the future, even this patch when it goes live.

I don't understand reasoning the 32bit would suffer, since those that run better cards the game would ALWAYS be smoother and look better on.  This would improve client side stability and security. Unless you have some special server reason seems like it wouldn't be hard to do (maybe the updater then?).  Also the Dynamic Link Libraries for VR compile DUAL similarly, you can have two sets of both. Like AlexRyder was saying.   Just me two cents.

As far as bugs Unicode text doesn't work and garbles into ASCII.

For those still wondering about the new character ids and stuff...

The ids identify character records, not character slots. When a character is created it is assigned a consecutive unique id number which is used to identify it withing the game code. When you change the character name/sex/any other property, the id stays. However, when you delete a character, the whole record is removed, including the id, and when you create a new one in the same slot, the id will be new as well.

Thank you Alex,

So at least we don't have to worry about the avis being carried over in Pandora, although I still feel there will be a problem for anyone that keeps the same avi names in the 2nd and 3rd slots when it goes live.

Do you know if the ignore still carries across now, even though the avi ID changes, as I feel there is a chance it will not.

Maybe Gizmo has done something to carry the ignore across, but my guess is he will not have.

Again thanks for checking that out and letting us know.

Well, I haven't checked it you can still get the old account ids from the messaging system (if yes, it will still be possible to collect character-account relations, just slower), and of course it will be very easy for Pandora to update its database with character ids right after the update goes live.

The ignore system is bound to ids, so changing an id will remove a char from the ignored lists. Since there are no strict relations between characters and character slots, conceptually it makes no sense to carry on previous ignores to the newly created characters. Also, that would make things way more complicated compared to implementing a simple account-wide check on the server side.

Yes thanks Alex for checking this right out, we can now work out where we stand with the new system, and what we can do before it comes out, and also what it will mean after.

If you have avis in your 2nd and 3rd slots when the new system goes live then Pandora can easily be made to keep them in its records and keep information on those avis much the same as it does now.

If you delete those avis in your 2nd and 3rd slots and give the new avis different names then Pandora will not be able to detect the new avis you have created, but if as you say and it is still possible to get the account IDs from the messaging system, then Pandora will still be able do as it has been doing, will just be slower for them to get the information.

That is interesting as I hadn't heard that the account ID could be gained from the messaging system, I wonder if Gizmo knew and has allowed for that.

If not, all this really has been done for nothing until he does do that.

People will be able to delete avis and create a new one where any ignores that were placed on the deleted avi will no longer exist.

So things like harassment, stalking, clinging, cheating, deceiving, manipulating, destroying parties, spreading lies and other things will now be made much easier.

Asking for things like a boot from room feature would be a waste of time as it would be totally useless and I think we can expect it to never be added now.

I think WC will quickly become a lot worse than it is now.

New players will find it much harder to be accepted as the amount of people pretending to be new players for what ever reason will only increase as it is now much easier for them to be not found out.

Actually it will be virtually impossible to find out who is behind new avis, if it is really someone new or not can only be determined by them making mistakes and giving away that they have to much knowledge of the game.

So peoples distrust of new avis will increase.

We can all make up our own minds on this, these are only my opinions, but I don't see any real good coming from this and do see quite a lot of bad.

I registered with 2 emails for the test server but when i try to log in it says "Wrong Email or Password" :(

So just make a new account. It doesn't have to be a valid email, just a valid email format. I just made an account using abc@xyz.com and a password of asdf.   You can use that if you want.  :P

I like the update even though not a fan of the new Iggy. Doesn't make sense to me.

If you can change sex and name - why the need for two more alt's? Seems to me, a liscense to be an asshat.

New animations are pretty good Some too fast. Why Dev's havn't you learned the slower speed of the .dll is what most want?

Nor going on, this is enough.

Overall I'd give updates 4.3 out of 5.

If you can change sex and name - why the need for two more alt's? Seems to me, a liscense to be an asshat.

For roleplayers who don`t want to have more than 1 character. But while it`s costs something, it isn`t a good idea.
For players who don`t want to lose their gifts etc.
For players who change their gender in rl and so on.
We can find a lot of good or bad reasons, but first reason is progress that born functionality.