3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

No  confusion on my part I had someone on ignore and could his other avis and no I didn't use anything like dll or hacks.

Well you have said that there was no account wide ignore before November 2015, no matter what you say you experienced I have shown with links to post made by moderators the dates that the full account wide ignore was 1st established, Feb 2014, the date it was taken away and was so for just 2 days, Nov 18th 2015 to Nov 29th 2015.

Yet you are still trying to insist you are right because you have some memory of being able to see some guys alts when you had him on ignore.

You also stated that Gizmo had said the Ignore was going back to how it was before 2015.

I tried to tell you he had not said that anywhere.

If you were correct, well then he would have been saying it was going to be a full account ignore system without the 10k charge, as that is what we had at that time.

You tried to say that everyone that was around at that time remembers it that way, that there was no account wide ignore, yet everyone that was around at that time remembers it as I do, having the account wide ignore.

Now you may not feel you are confused, but with what you keep trying to insist on is likely confusing others.

Are you seriously going to still insist there was no account wide ignore when I have shown you links to post done by moderators that proves otherwise.

Now to get back to what I was trying to get across before all this started.

The new system as Gizmo has said is going to work where only the avi we place the ignore on is ignored, no account wide ignore.

Meaning that if we ignore an avi that persons other avis on his or her account can still interact with us as normal.

He has stated that the ignore system is being changed to prevent Pandora from accessing data that it has been able to because the full ignore system as it is now allows Pandora to get the account ID that is on all avis.

He has said that each avi will now have an avi ID instead of each avi in an account using the account ID to operate certain tasks, which will prevent Pandora from being able to use the account ID to gain its information.

The problem I see is that the avi IDs can be implemented in 2 different ways, 1 being having an ID for each slot we have in our account, meaning each avi we have has its own ID that way.

Or he can attribute a unique avi ID to every avi that is created.

I agree here with what AlexRyder had said, it is likely he will be implementing it using an ID for each slot in our accounts as I feel it is very likely it would involve more coding in a number of spots server side to use the other method.

If he does use the ID to each slot method then it is very likely that the people behind Pandora will be able to do the following....

When the new system goes live do a scan on all of our accounts using the avi names it already has in its database.

It is likely from that they will be able to get the new avi IDs to each of those avis it scans and as it is already known which accounts they belong to will be able to assign the new avi IDs to those accounts.

So for anyone that has 2 or 3 slots used in their accounts when the new system goes live, Pandora will be able to keep gaining the information just as it does now.

Once it has the new avi IDs and knows which account they belong to the new system for those people will have made no difference what so ever.

We would be losing the full account ignore system for pretty much nothing.

I think Gizmo needs to let us know, or we need to find out for ourselves how it is being implemented.

And then we need to be advised or work out what we need to do before it goes live.

So for anyone that has 2 or 3 slots used in their accounts when the new system goes live, Pandora will be able to keep gaining the information just as it does now.

None (or perhaps only a very few) of us actually know the technical details of how Pandora works or how the new 3DX system will work. Yes, some of us understand enough about these things to make educated guesses. But at this point, none of us know for sure what information Pandora will be able to acquire once the new system is in place. So maybe it would behoove those of us who don't really know but like to speculate anyway to be just a bit more equivocal in what we have to say.

While I agree that Gizmo should be providing a lot more information about how the game in general and how the user interface in particular is intended to work, details about how data is handled is actually his proprietary IP, which not only is he under no obligation to reveal, doing so would make it that much easier for Pandora or other third parties to redesign their systems to compromise the security of our data. 

Oh sorry I forgot to say the word "likely" in that one line of my post.

But I will answer your comment, being from another person that likes to try dispute anything I post in these forums.

Anyone that knows even a small amount about scripting and how things work would know that what I am saying here is very likely correct.

Letting us know which method he is using, ie, if the avi ID he has said he is applying " which by the way is letting us know things you are saying he should not let us know" if it is set to the slots or alicated to each avi created is not going to make the slightest difference to the people behind Pandora.

Do you really think they would not know enough to be able to not only find out how he has done it from what is in the test server and even more relevant, know enough to be able to see how he is likely to do it without even worrying about the test server.

What I have said here is correct and Gizmo should either let us know which method he is using so we can decide ourselves what we need to do to prepare or, he should advise us of what we need to do.

Just because you don't know enough about how it all works doesn't mean that I and others do not.

So before you go making comments like you just have at least get a better understanding of what you are talking about before you do.

I don't care if you want to try say I do not have enough understanding of it, but to say that no one would is something else.

Do you have enough knowledge on how things work to be able to say that ?

If not, is it not you that is speculating.

Oh sorry I forgot to say the word "likely" in that one line of my post.

But I will answer your comment, being from another person that likes to try dispute anything I post in these forums.

Anyone that knows even a small amount about scripting and how things work would know that what I am saying here is very likely correct.

Letting us know which method he is using, ie, if the avi ID he has said he is applying " which by the way is letting us know things you are saying he should not let us know" if it is set to the slots or alicated to each avi created is not going to make the slightest difference to the people behind Pandora.

Do you really think they would not know enough to be able to not only find out how he has done it from what is in the test server and even more relevant, know enough to be able to see how he is likely to do it without even worrying about the test server.

What I have said here is correct and Gizmo should either let us know which method he is using so we can decide ourselves what we need to do to prepare or, he should advise us of what we need to do.

Just because you don't know enough about how it all works doesn't mean that I and others do not.

So before you go making comments like you just have at least get a better understanding of what you are talking about before you do.

I don't care if you want to try say I do not have enough understanding of it, but to say that no one would is something else.

Do you have enough knowledge on how things work to be able to say that ?

If not, is it not you that is speculating.

Gizmo doesn't have to tell you anything, none of SexGameDevil developers have to say anything when it comes to new security measures being implemented in their game. That's probably the reason why the test server was disabled; to give off a false security measure to those interested in making money from another Pandora clone.

This post reeks of someone who's involved in producing some sort of Pandora clone in the near future. Why else would you passively aggressively ask for security measures the way you do? Why are you so obsessed with wanting to know how the new account ID works? Why can't you just leave it alone, and accept the fact that the new account ID security system is the way that it is?

Gizmo doesn't have to tell you anything, none of SexGameDevil developers have to say anything when it comes to new security measures being implemented in their game. That's probably the reason why the test server was disabled; to give off a false security measure to those interested in making money from another Pandora clone.

This post reeks of someone who's involved in producing some sort of Pandora clone in the near future. Why else would you passively aggressively ask for security measures the way you do? Why are you so obsessed with wanting to know how the new account ID works? Why can't you just leave it alone, and accept the fact that the new account ID security system is the way that it is?

And yet another post from one of the idiots that frequent these forums.

If I was a person looking to make a Pandora why would I be in here trying to warn people of what it is likely to be able to do.

I am not in here trying to get Gizmo to reveal his security measures, he has in fact to a large degree already done that.

I am in here trying to let people know I see flaws in what it very much looks like he has done.

Even though it doesn't effect me directly as I don't give a dam who knows the names of my avis.

I can see where there would be people that will not like the idea that by leaving their slots filled when the new system goes live, that it is very possible that Pandora will be able to keep doing what it has been doing with them.

And I am a little pissed off that we will loose a valuable tool like the full account ignore for something that looks very much like will not do all of what it is meant to do.

Edited to add...

And hopefully Gizmo will see this, and if what I suspect is correct and it is what he has done, he will then do something more to prevent Pandora from being able to do what I am saying.

And yet another post from one of the idiots that frequent these forums.

If I was a person looking to make a Pandora why would I be in here trying to warn people of what it is likely to be able to do.

I am not in here trying to get Gizmo to reveal his security measures, he has in fact to a large degree already done that.

I am in here trying to let people know I see flaws in what it very much looks like he has done.

Even though it doesn't effect me directly as I don't give a dam who knows the names of my avis.

I can see where there would be people that will not like the idea that by leaving their slots filled when the new system goes live, that it is very possible that Pandora will be able to keep doing what it has been doing with them.

And I am a little pissed off that we will loose a valuable tool like the full account ignore for something that looks very much like will not do all of what it is meant to do.

Edited to add...

And hopefully Gizmo will see this, and if what I suspect is correct and it is what he has done, he will then do something more to prevent Pandora from being able to do what I am saying.

We need proof of what you're talking about, guy. I'm not going to believe another word you say unless you can provide some form of undeniable, concrete evidence that what you're saying is true, and that somehow this will completely demolish the game we know as 3DXChat into utter oblivion, making it unplayable and just downright soul-crushing.

Avatars will come from far away lands, treading through the mire of the marsh and the blistering heat of the desert, to heed the warning of the mystic known as Twiggy, who for told of the great 3DXChat-ocalypse, who stood among the Mountains of Truth and proclaimed, "Pandora is coming, non-believers! Its Second Coming will oust those who are not true of heart, who disguise themselves as wolves among the sheep to prey on the unsuspecting, the weak and the tired, casting an almighty shadow across the land, plunging our beloved game into 300 years of perpetual darkness and despair!!

"Heed my warnings now, for the time of reckoning is almost upon us! Fear the flaws that we've yet to fix, fear the troublesome waters that can no longer be tamed, I say this all with the true intention of heart, and may the 3DXChat Gods have mercy on your soul should you follow others through their words and none of my own!"

The skies will fall, water will boil, cats and dogs will live together in unholy union. Won't anyone think of the children??

And then the rest of us just turn off our computers because, let's face it, it's a fucking sex game. I'll go eat a fucking burger because I can, and you'll hover over this thread for as long as it takes to call me an idiot again, because that's all you have.

The outside world is scary, kid. But you have to muster up the courage to get off your ass and go outside every once in a while. The 3DXChat Boogeyman can't get you when the computer is off. Gizmo's not going to listen to you, or to me, or to anyone because this is his/her fucking game, and they can do with this game, whatever the fuck they want to.

But you go on ahead and call me an idiot, bring your friends and have them insult me too, but at the end of the day, you're the one still on here drawing for straws, thinking that one little voice is going to make a difference, that your cries for neutrality will finally be implemented, and that your fight for 3DXChat freedom will not have been in vain.

How old are you, in your 40's, your 50's? Really, when you're that old, I'd expect a little more grounded reality than spouting off at the mouth like some deranged lunatic over a game's security measure. 

It's time to put your money where your mouth is. Show us proof, not just words, that the likeliness of this multiverse, forever now called the 3DXChat-ocalypse, is LIKELY to happen.

You sound like you know what you're talking about, since you have a solid understanding of code and how it works, right?

Show us. Because from this point on, you now have the burden of proof. And without it, well, who's the idiot now?

But in typical fashion you'll find a way to squirm your way out of this one, like some of you do when you talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. :lol:

Edited to add...

That fucking burger was DELICIOUS. I'm eating the fries as we speak, and they are SCRUMPTIOUS! And I got a Diet Coke because I don' want to be a fatty.

Who am I kidding, I mixed Cherry Coke with Cherry Pepsi.

Samantha Sweetheart, living dangerously, like a REAL woman should. Now my teeth hurt. That's not good... :o

Does it really help to try to ridicule what Twiggy has said?

She has a point. She is concerned that the new ignore feature won't be as effective as the current one and, to me, she seems concerned that Pandora could be adapted to access avatar data in the new update. I think these are good reasons to be concerned. Other people who have responded to her also have a point. Most of the recent posts in this thread are conjecture. The only people who really know are the developers. In that sense nobody really knows but, by discussing it, the delevopers will get to know the issues that concern users.

For myself, I don't think a very few days test will have been sufficient to reveal all bugs. I suspect that the test server was taken down because a major flaw was revealed and it will come back up again for further testing once that has been rectified. I don't think the developers have to say what they are doing in any detail, for security reasons, but I do think they could give us a lot more information about how the project is progressing. Will there be further testing of the new server? When is it going to happen? That sort of thing. Possibly even that they are taking in to account concerns about data security.

I've gone back through a few pages of posts and can't find any posts of Twiggy's that are actually hurling insults at anybody. Maybe they occurred earlier. She has every right to make the points she has, to my mind they are quite valid. In fact as valid as the points made by those who say that, although they are informed by her knowledge, they remain conjecture. Every single one of us is making suppositions based on our own experience. The only people who have the answer to the issues discussed here are the developers. I think she has every reason to feel frustrated because it appears that some people refuse to accept her points even when it is supported by evidence.

As I see it, and understand the arguments here, there is a risk, very real to those who are concerned about it, that the people who use alt characters to harrass people will find it easier unless the ignore feature is account wide. The developers know whether or not it will be or not, although I did find a post that suggested that it would be avatar only. The arguments for and against an avatar wide ignore is important. I am in favour of an account wide ignore because I believe, from what people have said, that there is a small group of people who use alternate characters to harrass people. Should I become one of their targets, I would like my ignore to be as effective as possible. I would like to see as convincing an argument against it. I haven't seen one yet. If the developers are making it so that there is only one avatar slot for each account then the situation will be equivalent to how it is now. In this instance a feature to hide your on-line presence would be useful to enable uninterrupted building, private time with specific friends etc.

The other issue is that of Pandora and it's access to 3dx Chat data. Ignoring the data protection issues, if I chose to play as George Clooney then that's my right to do so providing I do not use the character to offend people, break the rules or pretend to actually be George Clooney. I would consider it a bit peculiar that somebody would want to play that character, it is their choice if that's what they want to do. Outside of 3dx Chat the choice of character means nothing. Pandora arose because some people wanted to check up on people they were involved with, that in itself says that a few people have knowingly misled people when entering into one to one relationships in game.

Like many people who have posted, I would like to know more from the developers about their plans.

None (or perhaps only a very few) of us actually know the technical details of how Pandora works or how the new 3DX system will work. Yes, some of us understand enough about these things to make educated guesses. But at this point, none of us know for sure what information Pandora will be able to acquire once the new system is in place. So maybe it would behoove those of us who don't really know but like to speculate anyway to be just a bit more equivocal in what we have to say.

While I agree that Gizmo should be providing a lot more information about how the game in general and how the user interface in particular is intended to work, details about how data is handled is actually his proprietary IP, which not only is he under no obligation to reveal, doing so would make it that much easier for Pandora or other third parties to redesign their systems to compromise the security of our data. 

Your post above I found insulting, and knowing you and your past posts where you have answered mine, it was meant to be that way.

Who are you to speculate that people are not able to see where there is likely to be a problem, if they know enough about how things are done, and in particular how Gizmo has failed to supply decent security measures in other things he has added.

Like for example the room save and load feature.

I know enough about it, how it can be coded to be able to retrieve different information to be able to see there is likely a problem after reading things that have already been said.

And I have seen enough of how the devs here have not paid enough attention to security when they added different features, why would it be any different here.

If they are looking at doing this as I described, and there is at minimum a good chance they are, then just maybe they will see they need to do more.

If not they should let us know what we need to do to stop certain things from happening.

Hmm Sage, seems you have different ideas on what we should know before something goes live or not.

Maybe you will do a similar post to the one below after the new update goes live and people find out because they had each slot filled in their account that Pandora is still able to do what it does.

I also mentioned before the test server was opened, long before, that people would be going in there steeling other peoples names.

Look, I know you mean well, but you are missing the point. 

Did we know beforehand that people who had not paid for subscriptions would also be able to create accounts and logon to the test server? 

Did we know beforehand that it would be possible to take any name we wanted on a first come first served basis, so that we could steal other players' names if we got there first?

Did we know beforehand that underage children would be able create an account and play the game?

My point is that none of these things were explained before the test server went online, even though they are all major issues to some of us. You don't care about that stuff? Good for you. I care about some but not all of it, so I can appreciate that there are some people who don't care. But there are also people who care about all these things, and they all should have been made clear beforehand.

We all know AlexRyders expertise in 3DXChats coding.

Look below where I have highlighted in blue where he mentions the character ID (avi ID) is received from the server.

For him to say that I am fairly sure he was able to obtain the character ID, or at least see where it can be obtained from.

So if he was able to then the people behind Pandora would be able to do the same.

It would be very surprising if Gizmo has made changes to the code to the extent where it no longer works using much of the same script it used to do the iggy, which is where people were able to get the account ID.

If he has not made new script to do it differently and has just replaced the account ID with the avi ID and still using the same script, which I feel is likely, then the same method can be used to gain the avi ID.

If that is correct, and when the new system goes live then all the people behind Pandora have to do is match the names they already have in their database up with names in our accounts and use that to get our avi IDs.

Alex assumes the same thing I do, that the avi ID will be bound to the slots in our accounts.

Why, because that would need the least amount of work to do it, very few changes to the coding.

If he was to assign a new avi ID to each character made, not bound to our account slots it would need more coding done as it is likely it could no longer find the IDs using the present coding without significant changes. 

From a quick peek at the code changes (haven't had time to dig into it throughly though), the character-related features now work based on a character id which is received from the server. Since we have no access to the server code (obviously) I can only assume that this id is bound to a specific character slot (may as well be the database character slot id) — in this case the ignore system should still work regardless of how many times a user changes their character name or gender. Not sure if deleting and re-creating a char would assign it a new slot id, but the system is probably in a wip state at the time anyway, right now it seems to be a mess of the old and new code.

No one ridiculed what she said until she started hurling insults at people who disagree with her. 

I answered your post in an equivalent manner to how you answered mine, if you took my answer to be insulting, then yours before mine, was to.

Funny how in your 1st post you very much accuse me of being a person that is going to create a Pandora, which I found insulting and ridiculous, as for anyone with an IQ above 30 will have seen that I am actually trying to make sure Pandora will not be able to keep supplying information on many of us.

From what you said in that post it can only be taken you realised that I at least have a good understanding of things, or you could not have come to that conclusion.

But now in your next post as shown below you are trying to get me to supply proof I know what I am talking about, a little contradictory don't you think.

I don't have to supply any further proof than I already have, again anyone with an IQ above 30 would be able to see that I have a decent understanding of what I am talking about.

All you are doing is showing yourself to be what you are.

We need proof of what you're talking about, guy. I'm not going to believe another word you say unless you can provide some form of undeniable, concrete evidence that what you're saying is true, and that somehow this will completely demolish the game we know as 3DXChat into utter oblivion, making it unplayable and just downright soul-crushing.

But you go on ahead and call me an idiot, bring your friends and have them insult me too, but at the end of the day, you're the one still on here drawing for straws, thinking that one little voice is going to make a difference, that your cries for neutrality will finally be implemented, and that your fight for 3DXChat freedom will not have been in vain.

How old are you, in your 40's, your 50's? Really, when you're that old, I'd expect a little more grounded reality than spouting off at the mouth like some deranged lunatic over a game's security measure. 

It's time to put your money where your mouth is. Show us proof, not just words, that the likeliness of this multiverse, forever now called the 3DXChat-ocalypse, is LIKELY to happen.

You sound like you know what you're talking about, since you have a solid understanding of code and how it works, right?

Show us. Because from this point on, you now have the burden of proof. And without it, well, who's the idiot now?

From this point on I am not going to bother answering any of the trolls posts in reply to what I have said.

I did my original post on this matter knowing they would all come in with their usual tactics of belittling, degrading, insults and trying to make out I am full of bs.

I think I have managed to make the point I was trying to make and people will be able to decide for themselves if I am full of bs or not.

It is a point I felt needed to be made.

Sorry for all the crap that has gone on in this thread, it happens every time I post in this forum.

There are certain people that feel they have to degrade and be little anything I post.

That is their intention, it is not to present a decent debate.