3DXChat Community

Build 376 (Test Server and Client)

Gizmo

Oh please. Lots of people were posting to the forum that they created an account but couldn't log in for various reasons. So please don't tell me that "all was clearly explained," because clearly it was not. 

I would really like an answer to the following question: When creating an account on the test server, is it necessary to use an email address as the user name or is any arbitrary name ok?  

Hi Sage,

The test server seems to be an alpha or beta testing environment.  I do lots of alpha and beta testing, and one thing you want is for the process for setting up accounts, is to be the same as on the final production version.  The account setup page uses logic to validate an email is used for the username and this is not uncommon.  Is it technically possible to use a username other than an email account, yes but since the pro version will use an email address, it's best to use the same logic to test.

My feedback is only general comments about testing best practices and not directly on the 3dx test environment.  The 3dx developers will have to give you a final answer.

Have fun and don't sweat the little things.  Oh, and it's all little things. ;)

Oh please. Lots of people were posting to the forum that they created an account but couldn't log in for various reasons. So please don't tell me that "all was clearly explained," because clearly it was not. 

I would really like an answer to the following question: When creating an account on the test server, is it necessary to use an email address as the user name or is any arbitrary name ok?  

This is a test client with a new server as its backend ... the server needs a email address to login a user ... everything that is send to the server needs to be validated for example is the provided login a email address if not don't do anything and reject the login instantly. This is the way the login works, every login you see anywhere around the web works like this, so if you want to test something that is new you do it in the same way as you would do it on the live system later on. 

The only information that was missing in this process was that a password only has 10 characters max.

This is a test client with a new server as its backend ... the server needs a email address to login a user ... everything that is send to the server needs to be validated for example is the provided login a email address if not don't do anything and reject the login instantly. This is the way the login works, every login you see anywhere around the web works like this, so if you want to test something that is new you do it in the same way as you would do it on the live system later on. 

The only information that was missing in this process was that a password only has 10 characters max.

which they changed to 20 i believe , but doesnt matter since its disabled now

No, that wasn't the only information that was missing. Originally the username and perhaps the password too were case sensitive, as Tauriel has reported, and that has since been changed. Also, there were no clear instructions not to use the same username and password you use on the live server. So there was more than one person who thought they had created an account that way but then couldn't log in and couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. 

I'm sure there are other questions that people have, too. Like what happens to your FL and gifts when you change the name or sex of a character. Has that question been answered yet. (I might have missed it.) 

In any case, yes, I understand the point about the advisability of testing things using exactly the same parameters to be used when you go live. But that doesn't mean that they actually did it that way. Which just goes back to my original point:  We deserve better explanations of how things are supposed to work before we do their testing for them. 

Have fun and don't sweat the little things.  Oh, and it's all little things. ;)

Thanks for your explanation, but I knew all that. My point, as I have stated a couple of times, is that the Devs ought to be providing better explanations of how things are intended to work before they ask people to use them.  And don't worry, I am not sweating any of it. Just expression an opinion.

I tried to log with my account from 2.0 and it don't work so i will not try this version untill i'm able to log in with my regular account. I don't want to create another account even if it's not a définitive one.

This said, can someone post a screenshot of the pose against the pole showing both women without a penis/strap please ?

I tried to log with my account from 2.0 and it don't work so i will not try this version untill i'm able to log in with my regular account. I don't want to create another account even if it's not a définitive one.

This said, can someone post a screenshot of the pose against the pole showing both women without a penis/strap please?

The Test Server is not available at this time..

No, that wasn't the only information that was missing. Originally the username and perhaps the password too were case sensitive, as Tauriel has reported, and that has since been changed. Also, there were no clear instructions not to use the same username and password you use on the live server. So there was more than one person who thought they had created an account that way but then couldn't log in and couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. 

It should be clear for everyone that a password you choose yourself that looks like this AbCd123 is not the same as abcd123 or ABCD1234. You need to confirm your password on the account page so you typed it in twice so why would you think on the login of the game it would be something different than the password you choose. Same goes for the email. Yes there was a bug that the password was caped to 10 characters and we didn't know about that. The second thing is as it seems no issue because there are people using the same credentials as on the live server. See Mar Mohans reply. 

I'm sure there are other questions that people have, too. Like what happens to your FL and gifts when you change the name or sex of a character. Has that question been answered yet. (I might have missed it.) 

That question wasn't answered and I don't know if it was even asked yet. 

In any case, yes, I understand the point about the advisability of testing things using exactly the same parameters to be used when you go live. But that doesn't mean that they actually did it that way. Which just goes back to my original point:  We deserve better explanations of how things are supposed to work before we do their testing for them. 

Your first point was about email and why we need it to login and that you want more explanation. Sorry if I misunderstood you for wanting a general explanation about all the new features. You are right there is one new feature that is not explained the gender and name switch and what happens when you do it. Everything else does not need any explanation because it is an addition like new poses and landscapes or was discussed to death already, avatar ignore.

I had no issues using the same information I use on 375 now.  So where the issue is for others, not sure.

Disabled for awhile wouldnt stand there if it was back up soon , in my opinion..

Perhaps the rousing and high spirited debate of what  'disabled for awhile'  means, can be examined in the most long winded and excruciating detail we can all muster while we wait. 

Should we solve that and still be waiting, perhaps  we can then move on to figuring out exactly " how rapid is Rapid?" ;)

It should be clear for everyone that a password you choose yourself that looks like this AbCd123 is not the same as abcd123 or ABCD1234. 

Look, I know you mean well, but you are missing the point. 

Did we know beforehand that people who had not paid for subscriptions would also be able to create accounts and logon to the test server? 

Did we know beforehand that it would be possible to take any name we wanted on a first come first served basis, so that we could steal other players' names if we got there first?

Did we know beforehand that underage children would be able create an account and play the game?

My point is that none of these things were explained before the test server went online, even though they are all major issues to some of us. You don't care about that stuff? Good for you. I care about some but not all of it, so I can appreciate that there are some people who don't care. But there are also people who care about all these things, and they all should have been made clear beforehand.

Look, I know you mean well, but you are missing the point. 

Did we know beforehand that people who had not paid for subscriptions would also be able to create accounts and logon to the test server? 

No we didnt

Did we know beforehand that it would be possible to take any name we wanted on a first come first served basis, so that we could steal other players' names if we got there first?

Yes we did know that 

Did we know beforehand that underage children would be able create an account and play the game?

No we didnt 

My point is that none of these things were explained before the test server went online, even though they are all major issues to some of us. You don't care about that stuff? Good for you. I care about some but not all of it, so I can appreciate that there are some people who don't care. But there are also people who care about all these things, and they all should have been made clear beforehand.

I have been waiting for the test server to re open so I could go in and test out how the iggy is now going to work.

We know it is now only avi based and not account wide, but we still do not know exactly how it is going to work.

One thing I have asked the devs in previous posts and didn't get an answer is are people going to be able to just delete an avi, create a new one and that new avi will not have any iggy that was placed on the avi it replaced.

I was thinking maybe someone has already checked this out, if so can you explain what you found ?

From a quick peek at the code changes (haven't had time to dig into it throughly though), the character-related features now work based on a character id which is received from the server. Since we have no access to the server code (obviously) I can only assume that this id is bound to a specific character slot (may as well be the database character slot id) — in this case the ignore system should still work regardless of how many times a user changes their character name or gender. Not sure if deleting and re-creating a char would assign it a new slot id, but the system is probably in a wip state at the time anyway, right now it seems to be a mess of the old and new code.

From a quick peek at the code changes (haven't had time to dig into it throughly though), the character-related features now work based on a character id which is received from the server. Since we have no access to the server code (obviously) I can only assume that this id is bound to a specific character slot (may as well be the database character slot id) — in this case the ignore system should still work regardless of how many times a user changes their character name or gender. Not sure if deleting and re-creating a char would assign it a new slot id, but the system is probably in a wip state at the time anyway, right now it seems to be a mess of the old and new code.

Yes that is what I am wondering, is a new character ID assigned each time we create a new avi, or is an ID assigned to each of the 3 slots we have.

I see problems with both that I will bring up properly when it is sorted which way it has been done.

If the IDs are assigned to each slot, then I think Pandora will be able to match up character names it already has in its database and assign those IDs to peoples records.

Meaning it will be able to still keep going with what it does for those of us that keep all the same avis in all 3 slots that we had when Pandora had done its last scan, when the new version goes live I think they could make it so it finds the new avi IDs from matching the names we have.

From there any changes will be able to be picked up by Pandora just like it has done before.

If a new ID is generated each time we create a new avi, then in a lot of ways the iggy will be useless against people wanting to upset a persons game.

They could just simply make a new avi and unless Gizmo has coded something in to find any iggys placed on the avi ID from before, then the iggy is gone.

Also if it is done that way, where a new ID is created for every avi made, then things like a boot from room feature will be very unlikely, as the same thing will happen there.

It would be nice to know if the Ignores you currently have in place will stay, and if so will it apply to just the character you Ignored or still be applicable to all three?

Or will the update delete everything and you have to start from scratch.....

I would also love to know the reasoning behind this change.  Is it being done to implement something that will be a benefit to the extent it will outweigh the disadvantages?  Because all I'm seeing right now is the only safeguard we have against our time in 3dx being turned into a miserable experience by those who enjoy doing that kind of thing, having gaping holes cut out of it to make it easier for them.  And I don't understand why.

The test server is down for the past couple of days as Gizmo already said why so they could fix the bugs.

What we currently have on our accounts will stay but the names on ignore from what has been said would only be the name not their account so if they delete that avi they're no longer on ignore with you.

I guess we'll find out soon enough when the new update is out that's supposed to stop Pandora access.  Just as we will see just how well the ignore works since that's being back dated to 2015.