3DXChat Community

3DX Marriages

Matrix

3DX Marriages  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the primary or most common reason people get married on 3DX

• Possessiveness or Ownership
    • Just Something to Experience in this Fantasy World
    • Love
    • Fools Love
    • Helps Prevent Loneliness

A few good friends got married this weekend and I thought it would be interesting to hear what people think about 3DX Marriages.

I don’t know where I am going with this, but when you look at it seriously, the average length of knowing each other before getting married I am guessing is about 1 month on 3DX

I understand every 3DX year is like 3 real life years or perhaps 7 years for some; but even if we use dog years - should people really get married after 7 months?

Yeah, you can argue the consequences are far less then in real life - true.

Do you think its about:

• Possessiveness – A clear message to others... the right of ownership and to keep others away from your partner
  • True or Fools Love – What do you think
  • Just something to experience in this fantasy world of ours – a long term roleplay if you will
  • Helps Prevent Loneliness
  • kink a cuck experience
  • Spend your XGold and Make Gizmo Rich Fund

I know this topic can go much deeper into the whys of 3DX Marriages, but I think it would be best if we can keep it on the lighter side.

Although not my personal believe, I chose possessiveness becasue I think its the primary reason for most guys on 3DX. Am I wrong. Vote!

First...hugs to you!! I didnt vote..because I think the reasons are different for each person who chooses to enter into marriages online. But I thought I would share a very sweet story here..of an online marriage..

Back in my rlc days I met and became close to an amazing young woman. Long story short..this amazing young woman was dying of cancer..she was 20 years old. She met a man online..fell in love..and got married. We all knew it was the only wedding she would ever get to be the bride in. Shes long gone now..but never forgotten. I have never enjoyed weddings, my own rl wedding was 10 minutes long, but I will always remember fondly the joy of that night. It was only an online marriage, but brought such happiness to my young friend and her man, who gave her something online, that she would never get to experience in rl.

3dx marriage, to me, is an outward sign of love.  It's a way to say to everyone, "I love this person, and I'm happy that you know it." 

None of the poll choices seem right to me.  You might think, "True Love," but that implies a level of naiveté that keeps me from picking it.

Tlaera

A valid point, so I changed it to just love.

I've been Friends with Benefits, Open Relationship, a few Marriages (one was an intentional joke).

For me, I can't see being involved in a relationship or even a marriage in game.  That would take a hell of a lot for me to do.  I log in, enjoy the game and have fun.

I currently see it the same way. I have never married but have fallen in love in this game - hasn't everyone  :wub:

Well I got married after being with someone for 10 months and the marriage lasted for less than 2 months so it really all depends on the people. I have been around for a long long time but I can say that most people seem to get married to show off a type ownership it seems. But there are certainly those that really love each other and last for a long time. Much like real it all just comes down to the people. But I will say the communication in this game is not great. When most people have a problem on here they abandon ship without trying to talk through stuff and it sucks but it is what it is. I have been put in ignore a number of times for no apparent reason but I get that people dont like confrontation on here. It sucks but the world goes round. So really all those answers up there are very much why some people get married. 

I choose to get married in game out of love, I have done it many times, and I reather just be with one person, it's way I perfer to have it, I choose to be with someone that has the same want's and understanding that I do, that does not give me a lot of crazy rules, I am very sick in real, and the guy I have supports that, not many Men here would, you also have to have the friendship and trust, we have no plans of going real, we just want someone online, we can love and trust, 

My RL sis met her husband to be at a pool. He asked her out on a date that first meeting. On that first date he asked her to marry him. They have been married 30+ years. Is that typical? Probably not ... ummm .... most definitely not. The only point I would make is that there is no formula for what makes a relationship work whether it is here or RL. People come here for different reasons from all walks of life. Sometimes they find friendship, even love. I am lucky to have found both.

1st of all, great topic.

I believe everyone is going to feel vastly different about this which makes for a great discussion. I always like pondering and trying to understand different points of view to something like this. 

@Mikey:  As far as an online relationship goes, It really depends on who you meet and really the expectations of both people involved. If one person is really into it while the other is.. meh.. then it probably will not work. If one person is very possessive and the other occasionally needs time with friends, again.. this will likely be a failed marriage.

I think it's important for both people to communicate well and for both to know and understand the expectations of each other.  I don't think it's ever a good idea to go out looking for a relationship or marriage. I think it's always best to just simply be a friend to those you meet. It's much easier to do this and also doesn't pressure you or stress you out. Eventually as you get to know people more, one of them might begin to stick out a bit more than the others and your expectations might line up in such a way that it would work. But you both need to be on the same level as far as expectations go. It's not something that should ever be rushed. 

First...hugs to you!! I didnt vote..because I think the reasons are different for each person who chooses to enter into marriages online. But I thought I would share a very sweet story here..of an online marriage..

Back in my rlc days I met and became close to an amazing young woman. Long story short..this amazing young woman was dying of cancer..she was 20 years old. She met a man online..fell in love..and got married. We all knew it was the only wedding she would ever get to be the bride in. Shes long gone now..but never forgotten. I have never enjoyed weddings, my own rl wedding was 10 minutes long, but I will always remember fondly the joy of that night. It was only an online marriage, but brought such happiness to my young friend and her man, who gave her something online, that she would never get to experience in rl.

This is so awesomes and sad all at tha same time thanx for sharing :)

Ah didn't vote either, soz :)

Ive been married over 2 years here meows and we are so happy, Catt is mah bestie and weve had so many good times together in game and out of the game. Communication is the key like some have said, eets so easy to misunderstand something unless you really talk and explain tings.

Marriage fo us is just teaming up, we are on each others side, ah have her back and she has mine and we come here to have fun nothing more.

We click and that's rare in life so im soopa lucky to have met such a fantastic person ah wish everyone could :)

I think maybe another added to the list to say -   Priority Lover.

Some decide to go exclusive, some dont and thats the choice and agreement of the couple.

Those that do go exclusive, like to get married to show their commitment to their chosen one and that they are their priority.

Those that dont, choose to marry to show they have an important priority lover, who comes first over their others.

I personally do not choose to marry here. I tried it once in another game.

The marriage lasted 12 months  so therefore, i felt it was successful but when it goes wrong, it can hurt like hell.

I am happy with things as they are here and I hope the ladies in my life also feel happy with the way we are.

Those who choose the wedded route, I wish the best, in health, happiness and online unity.

sexy-boudoir-wedding-photo-by-houston-we

Not being a current 3dx “playing” member, I did not vote… don’t want to skew your results, but I do want to offer my opine.

I am from that “other” world that Vaughn refers to and was a friend of the one he took as spouse. :) Between THEM and US… we kept our forum community well entertained for a year or two. ;) 

For me, speaking only for myself, my spouse being quite capable of speaking her own mind…. only in about 1/10th the words. :rolleyes: 

It has been an evolution. The reason I married is no longer the same as why I stay married. I was already crushing on Andrea before our first “rocky” contact. Being a forum dweller and a reader… of any kind; poems, stories or scribbles, each a part of someone, part of their story, I was drawn to Andrea’s writing which led to a “Personal Ad” she posted… to which I replied. :P Two years later… I feel closer NOW than I ever have, finally finding comfort in our evolution.

I had NO intentions of marriage in the beginning, it was infatuation. It was lust. But soon after dating… spending time, sharing words, a change came over me. Flooded with feelings foreign to me and compelled to express them in writing. Something like I have never felt before.

It is said that LOVE makes a poet out of us all… that is how I felt…. and is how I feel to this day. Unlike IRL where I can express my affection, love and lust physically, in here it is my words, my posts, and YES… all the clicks of pixelated poses.  Though I still prefer the imagination behind the keyboard. :P 

While playing and exploring… My Lady introduced me to the world of BDSM, which fed a need within me previously unknown. This turned out to be a drug, which turned into my “secret” addiction. She asked for my submission… I gifted it to her freely, where it safely rests today.

Then… she asked me to break her final rule. I was so deep into her I couldn’t even let her finish before blurting out YES. That will be two years ago come October. :wub: 

Although I am totally hers, she owns me… I am not exclusive :huh:  nor is SHE. Never have been. I don’t need to, my feelings and trust in her is all I  need. Our “SPOUSE” relationship status a symbol. Plus… we both like FUN and variety, but I like to come home to her every night. Our Nesting Tree.

So…. In the beginning I said YES to marriage because I could NOT say NO. And now… I stay married because I am addicted and unable to escape. Nor do I want to, too happy.

Sometimes….. you CAN have the BEST of both worlds.

BTW, never expect a SHORT answer from me… too chatty n unfiltered… just not wired that way.  :rolleyes: 

Before anyone gets involved with someone the best way to be is honest and upfront about what you want.  Keep the communication open, don't blow one another off or make it one sided.  You'll both end up hurt in the end.  When you part ways you can either be friends or walk away completely.

I tried relationships and learned that to me it's going to take a hell of a lot for me to get involved with someone again because of what I've experienced.  It was eye opening to me and something I don't want to go through again.  While I still care about what happens to those I was with, just like my friends, I have their backs.  I just enjoy the game for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...