3DXChat Community

Game crash when not actif

LaylaK

Hi there,

I'm Layla, I often open my room (Brothel Avenue) for all, but when it's bedtime for me, I find it a pity to close my room especially when there's still lots of people having fun. So I leave my pc with the game on and go to bed, but every time I do so, the game crashes after a few minutes/hours ... It never crashes as long as I'm actively playing.

So my question is: is there a way to keep it running even when my avatar is afk for hours ? Or is it an unavoidable shut down because of me being inactive for too long ?

Thanks for your replies !

Kiss, Layla

Hello Layla!

I do use 3DXChat on both Mac and Windows. i'm most likely using Mac more so I haven't face that problem. Anyway, Active time is not based on the game it's based on the OS (Windows) in this case. go to settings on windows the power. Changing the sleep time of HDD (Hard Driver Disks) might fix that issue without needing to change the sleep time of the display, but if it won't work then change both HDD and Display. Please note: if it's a PC working on batteries, that option will make battery dies fast. I hope this will help you.

Im pretty sure she means the games crashes, not her pc.

Anyways back on topic... In my experience the crashes more often happen as the game takes up more and more ram(Usually crashes when it hits around 2gb ram usage for me) the only way ive found to stop it from climbing in ram usage is simply to stay in low population rooms or even the character editor, then the ram usage doesnt increase. So thats atleast one way of making your game last just a bit longer at the very least.

For the devs it should be pretty easy to fix though, as they just have to make sure as soon as an avatar leaves the room you are in, then it should unload it completely from memory as well, i suspect its failing to do so right now which makes the ram usage skyrocket as rooms get more and more people.

Hope this helps

I understand what crash means, but since she said that she have it only when she's away it means something to do with sleeping PC. Now for the crash thing, I totally agree with you here and experience the same, especially in crowded rooms! I wish some fixes in the game soon because crashing and glitches start to be annoying.

Im pretty sure she means the games crashes, not her pc.

Anyways back on topic... In my experience the crashes more often happen as the game takes up more and more ram(Usually crashes when it hits around 2gb ram usage for me) the only way ive found to stop it from climbing in ram usage is simply to stay in low population rooms or even the character editor, then the ram usage doesnt increase. So thats atleast one way of making your game last just a bit longer at the very least.

For the devs it should be pretty easy to fix though, as they just have to make sure as soon as an avatar leaves the room you are in, then it should unload it completely from memory as well, i suspect its failing to do so right now which makes the ram usage skyrocket as rooms get more and more people.

Hope this helps

The only way I know around this is to go to a different room then back to your own room before the memory leak caps out. In crowded rooms, doing it once every 90 min or so is a pretty safe value. If you are hosting and really worried about it especially in crowded rooms, you can do it once an hour. Somehow, going to a different room sort of "resets" the memory leak. 

This is something that has been in the game for a long as I know, but it has gotten worse over time with the heavy rooms and high populations. I hope this helps. 

The only way I know around this is to go to a different room then back to your own room before the memory leak caps out. In crowded rooms, doing it once every 90 min or so is a pretty safe value. If you are hosting and really worried about it especially in crowded rooms, you can do it once an hour. Somehow, going to a different room sort of "resets" the memory leak. 

This is something that has been in the game for a long as I know, but it has gotten worse over time with the heavy rooms and high populations. I hope this helps. 

If that works then I'm guessing one of the permanent rooms would be the best "other room" choice. One that is not busy. Like the Saloon. It's pretty quiet usually. If she goes to a hosted room, if it closes then there is again a chance to crash.

Hey guys,

Thank you for all your suggestions and tips.

I don't think my pc is the cause, because I thought of my hard drive going to sleep and I disabled that option already, just as well as my display, I just cut the power of my monitor before going to bed.

Going to another room every hour isn't an option because I'm in my bed sleeping while other people play in my room.

So far there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem except stay on and play yourself... or live with the fact that rooms may crash ;)

Love you all !

Layla

• 4 weeks later...