3DXChat Community

Looking for ideas

CaptainDerek969

• 1 month later...

There are many variants of games. For some reason, people in the game do not want to use even those ideas that are set by locations.

I'm amazed at this! :blink:

People are lazy or stupid, what's your answer? :o

For example - the location "Police".

Clearly, there should be interrogations, investigators, bandits, detained prostitutes and everything around. But people just walk and do nothing, as if this is the location "Walk". Sometimes I crave that I do not have much time and opportunity, otherwise I would organize dozens of thematic locations here. But no one will pay for it and appreciate it, so I just look with regret and I enjoy rare rare players.

There are many variants of games. For some reason, people in the game do not want to use even those ideas that are set by locations.

I'm amazed at this! :blink:

People are lazy or stupid, what's your answer? :o

For example - the location "Police".

Clearly, there should be interrogations, investigators, bandits, detained prostitutes and everything around. But people just walk and do nothing, as if this is the location "Walk". Sometimes I crave that I do not have much time and opportunity, otherwise I would organize dozens of thematic locations here. But no one will pay for it and appreciate it, so I just look with regret and I enjoy rare rare players.

Hi Marina, Ive said this before on these forums, but its worth repeating, hopefully Gizmo can do something eventually, but the tools needed for RP really need to be in place for it to grow here. namely an area chat so that people can have conversations IC within a map at the same time and not talk over someone elses possible intimate or important moment. 

The problem is, Gizmo, and most people that dont know what RP is, dont understand just how important an area chat is. 

When I first addressed this, we only had the default 2 rooms and a few bars and a beach, but we now have the world builder so any locale can be made and that is great. And if you have a pre-made group, like ive been lucky enough to find, you can have any scenarios you can dream of, but its limited without new people.

I made a small town that I opened for a couple of nights and a few came in and we started chatting IC in the bar and that was cool, but then a couple across the road were having a chat in the diner and their convos crossed ours in the local chat, then another couple came in and then the channel was flooded with non-linked convos, this was with only 7 people, us three and 2 couples.

If its a private affair, then its no problem as you can use local or whisper or group, but for RP to flourish here, the area chat needs to be an option, so  like minded people can congregate on these maps and organically chat to each other as they get into ear shot of others or walk out of that convo and into another when they choose, like you would in real life.

They did have a channel dedicated to RP, but being as it was just another chat channel, it was not used and it just showed how they have no understanding on how it works, as if all roleplayers in a room will all want to be a part of the same convo or story, not realising they want to be in a world that feels alive with other people in there, but may or may not want to converse with them and at their leisure, for example, we are in the bar chatting away and someone walks in and says Hi, im looking for x(as part of a story), and if you have an area chat, we know that that person is talking to us and only us will see the question. But, as it is now, everyone on that map would wonder if that person is talking to them, or if he uses whipser, then my 2 friends will not hear what hes saying, even though we are all sitting together.

Untill then we can only read profiles and work with what we have, and hope Giz realises how much potential there is for the RP scene to grow here and at least include the area chat.

• 1 month later...