3DXChat Community

A better way to resolve the Pandora issue without losing the full iggy

Twiggy

This is the post you are referring to, don't try and tell me you were not trying to imply I am talking bullshit.

Twiggy, everyone knows you are the smartest person on the forum and would never talk bullshit. That is why we all take potshots at you. Because we are jealous of your abilities and your beauty, not to mention the fact that you are a real girl.

But get a grip. I was was not talking about any of the things that Mar was talking about. I was talking about the fact that you seem to think you know better than Gizmo how to run his business. 

All those personal attacks on a separate idea thread. But not just attacks also those endless discussions about every sentence. Twiggs did addressed Gizmo and those who want to work on constructive on an idea of her. But this is really not possible in this forum. Maybe it is possible to solve both issues: having account wide banning and give Pandora no chance to collect alt information. Why does so many attack this attempt? I don't get it.

There can be just one reason and all know it. So to all trolls: stay out here!

Its sad that some people feels the need to attack others on a personal level for really no good reason. I think that Twiggy's idea combined with some type of monitoring of the server for excessive request might be all that is needed. Honestly all that might be needs is monitoring the server for excessive request maybe they can't do that though for whatever reason which seems like it must be the case.

I feel the full iggy is more important to me than finding out whether I have alts or not ... I dont ...  but I'm sure several people have looked by now.

So Pandora does not hold any fear for me...

I do not however want my personal details hacked into so any efforts to block this and protect my details is fully appreciated.

I have also been at the receiving end of some dedicated "Fans"  and have found the ignore button that also ignores alts a God Send.

Please do not get rid of this feature. I would rather have this facility than care about the Pandora hack.

I hope 3dxChat  finds a way to keep both, but if I had to choose - I believe the ignore facility is far more important. 

Where in my post did I talk any bullshit, and what make you guys think you have a right to do what you do.

I put forward a suggestion to Gizmo, one that I know can be done and suggest it is a better way to accomplish the result he is looking for.

What is wrong with it, well I will tell you what you guys see wrong with it.

It is because it was me that put it forward that you have commented the way you have and no other reason.

So I challenge you, find anywhere in what I have said and prove it wrong.

You will not be able to because I know it to be correct, it can be done that way and done as easily as I have explained.

But if you are so sure I am full of bs, prove it, it shouldn't be hard, look up the scripting involved.

Oh but if you do that it will prove you are wrong.

I am who I say I am, and I do not go in the game or in these forums with a pile of lies about who I am and what I do.

Now you can chose to believe me or not, I don't really care, but when you come in these forums attacking me because you choose not to then I will respond inn a like manner.

And I am warning you right now, I am not going to play nice any more.

You keep this up and I will start doing the same back to you and not just responding to your attacks.

Well everyone is saying that the devs are making this change because of Pandora to stop it from working so people don't have their alts outed. This might be cynical of me but at this point almost two years after it came out isn't it a bit late for that? Also, lets look at what Gizmo actually said way back when when they started working on this.

Dear players, as you noticed recently the load on our server has increased and the server can not handle it. Our team is working hard to update the server and software.

We thank you for your understanding and support. Stability is the most important for us now.

Maybe they found Pandora was what was stressing the server. I mean it must be making an awful lot of request on the server maybe they are hoping this will stop that as well, but I don't really see how unless they are doing other things as well.

Where in my post did I talk any bullshit, and what make you guys think you have a right to do what you do.

I never said you were talking bullshit, so why did you call me out? 

As far as having the right to do what I do, I am expressing an opinion, just like you. 

Oh my bad, I can see now that you have actually changed your mind on me, you actually do recognise I am not talking bs and are prepared to offer some respect.

That when you showed part of my comment where I had explained about my business and what we do, and then you commented on me creating my own sex game, that there you were serious and meant to encourage me.

The sarcasm you admitted to saying was just a joke.

There was no hidden meaning behind it at all, I completely miss read what you were trying to get across.

And to think I thought you hated me, what ever gave me that impression.

Its sad that some people feels the need to attack others on a personal level for really no good reason. I think that Twiggy's idea combined with some type of monitoring of the server for excessive request might be all that is needed. Honestly all that might be needs is monitoring the server for excessive request maybe they can't do that though for whatever reason which seems like it must be the case.

I did actually talk about this one time, I think it was in the pandora review thread.

Where for Pandora to work they have to be logged in to the game to be able to access the information.

I would say they use a program to log in, not actually log in using the game itself.

And yes I do feel there would be quite a lot of request going through that account and Gizmo should be able to detect them.

But also he could actually do that far easier, I mean find out which account is being used to gain the information.

He could use Pandora, make requests and see which account actually asks for those requests.

real girl eh? yeeeeeah .... um .... hmm.

And where do you get off with that.

Tell me why you feel you have the right to imply I am not a girl in real life, and even why you may think I am not.

Is it because I know about computing, I find that really insulting every time a guy seems to think that we girls can't possibly be up on computing like guys.

OMG you still going on about this.

For starters I did say this in my earlier post, post 16, where I acknowledged I could have explained that part better.

"Yes I agree I should have maybe stated that we cannot actually see the account ID when it is sent back to us, but our computers do, it is sent to the client {our computers) like I stated as said once by Gizmo himself."

But in you next 2 posts you keep going on about it, why, do you want me to acknowledge it again and again.  First you blew off my post where I explained it so a user who understand could follow what you mean.  I said how you explained it was not understand by a user who isn't familiar with it.

You want some sample script, or to know how I know it can easily be done ok.

At the server end it is likely they are using PHP scripting to access and the databses and do other tasks.

The only part of the scripting he would not already have is perhaps the random reference number generator.

I told you that is very easy and a very commonly used piece of script, but for some reason you don't seem to want to accept that.

Here it is, see how simple it is.

This one line will create a randomly generated number between 1 and 1,000,000 and store it in a variable to be called in scripting or placed in a database.

$refnumb = rand(0,1000000);  

This is found on Google.  I asked for a better example so the users can understand it better.  That doesn't give anything but a simple like that don't mean anything to someone who doesn't know scripting.

The script to find the account ID from the avi name is already in the 3dxchat server, it does that already, plus again it is just a small amount of even more commonly used script.

So finding the account id is already taken care of.

All that needs to be added there for what I would do, is to create a small database with only 2 fields in it, refnumb and accountID, those names could anything you want, the script just needs to use the same name to place and retrieve information from it.

So we already have the account ID, using the script already in their server, now we access the new database and place both that account ID and the reference number in the 2 different fields.

I am not even going to bother writing the scripting for that, it is so commonly used, like every single database on the net uses it if they use php.

If not no matter what scripting language is used it is very simple to do, and no matter what language they have used they have already made that script to access their databases.

So then it sends back the answer to the clients request, which the way things are now carries the account ID, but using the method I am talking about it would instead carry the reference number.  So you give a suggestion that not all users can understand and then when asked you give a simple line from Google and expect users to understand that and won't give anymore information on that.  I was asking so the users can understand better what you mean.  After all it's not like I'm asking you to explain rocket science to Kindergarteners.

On the client it does exactly the same thing as it does now, except where it returns the info with the account id, it now returns it with the reference number in its place.

Here at the server end, it then the simple database access scripting to access the new database I mentioned with the 2 fields and using the reference number to scan for a match, it finds where that information was entered.

It then assigns the account ID on that record to a variable.

From there the exact same script that they use now to place the ignore account wide can still be used.

In fact everything from there is exactly the same.

And we have exactly the same operation being performed as before, but the account ID was never sent to the client.

Without the account ID being sent to the client then Pandora can not get its hands on it.

Do you understand now what I mean by it is just very simple scripting, nothing special, not hard to do, is done everywhere so it is not something I would even need to be such an expert on.  I know how to script and so on as I wrote the software for the company I work for and have a very nice contract with them even if they decide not to use it they still have to pay me as I can't sell it to anyone else.

It is more a matter of understanding that the reference number being sent to the client in place of the account number is what makes it work, is what makes it so Pandora cannot get the account ID.

No special scripting what so ever.

Now I will say this to both you and Sage.

Anyone that knows even the slightest little bit about scripting and databases would know that this is viable.

If you are not questioning that Pandora needs to be able to get the account ID to gather its information, as it has been said by others in here who know not only scripting, bt the scripting used in 3DXChat itself, and also by Gizmo himself.

Where am I talking utter bullshit as you put it.  I was talking about when you said about the account ID that a user could see.  You weren't clear and the users reading it would think they could see it and that isn't something we actually see on our screen.  Even still giving a line of script doesn't give very much if you're not referencing it by something else.

An why when it is so easy to be able to stop Pandora from getting the account ID in other ways, as I have just proven, is Gizmo going about it the way he is and taking away the account wide ignore when he does not need to.

End of discussion with you Mar.

have a good night.

All those personal attacks on a separate idea thread. But not just attacks also those endless discussions about every sentence. Twiggs did addressed Gizmo and those who want to work on constructive on an idea of her. But this is really not possible in this forum. Maybe it is possible to solve both issues: having account wide banning and give Pandora no chance to collect alt information. Why does so many attack this attempt? I don't get it.

There can be just one reason and all know it. So to all trolls: stay out here!  Not trolling anyone.  I was asking to have it made clearer for users to understand and to correct what the user actually sees themselves on their screen so it isn't confusing them.

Its sad that some people feels the need to attack others on a personal level for really no good reason. I think that Twiggy's idea combined with some type of monitoring of the server for excessive request might be all that is needed. Honestly all that might be needs is monitoring the server for excessive request maybe they can't do that though for whatever reason which seems like it must be the case.  No personal attack.  I asked to have something clarified and in return was blown over and blasted for it.

Where in my post did I talk any bullshit, and what make you guys think you have a right to do what you do. You stated something and was asked to make it clear but instead you blew over it and then blasted me for it.  Like what the users see on their screen so they can understand better what you mean.  I wasn't going to go through and rewrite your post I just explained it so they could understand what you mean on the users visual end.

I put forward a suggestion to Gizmo, one that I know can be done and suggest it is a better way to accomplish the result he is looking for. I didn't say it was wrong. I asked you to clarify it and give a script example as you deal with Unity 5 as you stated so as you said it's not hard and would help users understand what you're saying better.  Visually seeing it works.

What is wrong with it, well I will tell you what you guys see wrong with it.

It is because it was me that put it forward that you have commented the way you have and no other reason.  It doesn't matter who put it forward, I would have done that to anyone.

So I challenge you, find anywhere in what I have said and prove it wrong.

You will not be able to because I know it to be correct, it can be done that way and done as easily as I have explained.

But if you are so sure I am full of bs, prove it, it shouldn't be hard, look up the scripting involved.

Oh but if you do that it will prove you are wrong.

I am who I say I am, and I do not go in the game or in these forums with a pile of lies about who I am and what I do.

Now you can chose to believe me or not, I don't really care, but when you come in these forums attacking me because you choose not to then I will respond inn a like manner.

And I am warning you right now, I am not going to play nice any more.

You keep this up and I will start doing the same back to you and not just responding to your attacks.  Who are you even talking to on here because no where in this thread has anyone done what you've just claimed with the 4 lines above since I started writing this.  I asked for you clarify it so users can understand it better and give an example of the scripting one can use not a line that they have no idea what that means.

Twiggy, everyone knows you are the smartest person on the forum and would never talk bullshit. That is why we all take potshots at you. Because we are jealous of your abilities and your beauty, not to mention the fact that you are a real girl.

But get a grip. I was was not talking about any of the things that Mar was talking about. I was talking about the fact that you seem to think you know better than Gizmo how to run his business. 

I have not seen where Twiggy said anything about her knowing how to run a business better than Gizmo. What I have seen is her proposing an idea that is very sound in logic because I too work with databases at work and what she has provided has a lot of merit and makes sense and is not bullshit. But a few people jump to conclusions and shoot it down> Instead of expecting her to provide examples and proof of why it world work, why don't you all show why it would not work?

I don't point this at you personally Sage. I did go back and read and I have not seen Twiggy say anything about running a business better than Gizmo. Providing information on how to improve a product for the greater good is hardly the same as telling someone how to run a business. She is attempting to provide a solution to blocking Pandora and keeping account wide ignore. 

It seems there are a handful of people who REALLY are against account wide ignore. I will ask all of you this one question and would like for you to provide a logical answer.

If there is a way to both block Pandora and keep account wide ignore, how is that not the best solution, as opposed to each avi having to be ignored separately?

Some of you will come out and try to say nothing is 100% secure, or that you can just ignore each avi individually, or that it's not a big deal either way, or that people can just buy a new account. Those are not reasons, those are smoke screens to try and divert attention away from the problem and garner trust in a system that is vastly inferior and will cause more harm than good. Myself and many others are not dumb and see right through the bullshit. One major reason for the hate of account wide ignore because it gets in the way of some peoples mind fuck games.

So let's hear ONE good reason why individual ignore is superior to account wide ignore, providing that Pandora can also be blocked. 

I have not seen where Twiggy said anything about her knowing how to run a business better than Gizmo. 

Taken out of context, you are correct. Taken, however, in the context of the backlash against Gizmo's announcement of the forthcoming update, it is clearly a criticism of Gizmo's decision about how to deal with Pandora. And, hell, I complain all the time about Gizmo all the time, so complaining and offering ideas about stuff is not out of the ordinary.  

On the other hand, even though I don't agree with everything that Mar Mohan wrote, I think some of what she said is a valid criticism of what Twiggy wrote. I had to reread the OP three times before I could work out what she meant. And while I do think that her idea is basically on the mark, I also doubt that she has reverse-engineered the 3DX program to the point that she actually knows what she is talking about. Of course, I admit that it is possible she has spoken to someone who has reverse-engineered it. But I did not get that impression when I was reading what she wrote. Also, there are a thousand reasons why advice coming from an outsider and as specific as what she wrote is not helpful to the people who actually do the work. Anyone who has any experience in real engineering work understands why this is so. And last but not least, if you make a statement on a public forum, then you have to be ready for people to express opposing points of view. You don't necessarily have to respond to each and every one of them. But you do have to let them say their piece.  

Twiggy constantly pushes her own agenda, she repeatedly hijacks other people's threads to do so, and she has insinuated just as many things about others as others have insinuated about her. She reaps what she has sown. As do I, as do you, and as everyone else does, too.

@Sage,

There is a big difference between what I do in these forums and what you do.

I respond to your attacks, and your 1st comment in this thread was an attack, it was nothing to do with an opinion on what I had put forward, it was to do with your opinion of me.

Plus you have no reason and have not offered any proof what so ever that your opinion of me is correct.

You were shooting your mouth your mouth off, which may have been indirectly, but most definitely was to say to say I am full of bullshit.

You attacked, I responded which is very much what always goes on.

You also have your own agenda in here, which has always been to have it so alts are as hidden as possible, and push that people should be free to play as the opposite sex and decide on when or even if they should let people know.

Any post on that subject and you are always one of the 1st in there.

I am against that and that is the reason we do not get on, it all started with that.

You very much admitted in your reply to Jessica that your intention was to attack, blaming me for you doing so.

Saying I do the same, well I do not, I may have years ago, but for a long time now I have only responded to attacks.

Mar attacked me to, where she stated early in her 1st comment that I was talking utter bullshit, which she has now removed from that comment.

You go me and I go you back, and that is the way it has been for a long time.

As I said earlier, I don't care if you don't believe who I am, what I know or don't, but when you come in these forums commenting on such, offering no proof, saying things that are not true and trying to influence others to believe it to, then that is a different matter, you can always expect me to fight back.

And I know you do expect me to respond, which makes you a troll.

I would suggest we all stick to the subject. I find personal hostility inappropriate here. Twiggy explains it on a technical level. who knows it better or can argue, ok very gladly. I can't do it. That's why I said Pandora is a hacking program and needs to be removed. I am also in favour of not changing the account iggy into a character iggy. We need protection from stalkers and mindfucker. this is the only way to make the 3DX world bearable for us.  I hope, you understand my school english  :P 

665830.gif

I have not seen where Twiggy said anything about her knowing how to run a business better than Gizmo. What I have seen is her proposing an idea that is very sound in logic because I too work with databases at work and what she has provided has a lot of merit and makes sense and is not bullshit. But a few people jump to conclusions and shoot it down> Instead of expecting her to provide examples and proof of why it world work, why don't you all show why it would not work?

I don't point this at you personally Sage. I did go back and read and I have not seen Twiggy say anything about running a business better than Gizmo. Providing information on how to improve a product for the greater good is hardly the same as telling someone how to run a business. She is attempting to provide a solution to blocking Pandora and keeping account wide ignore. 

It seems there are a handful of people who REALLY are against account wide ignore. I will ask all of you this one question and would like for you to provide a logical answer.

If there is a way to both block Pandora and keep account wide ignore, how is that not the best solution, as opposed to each avi having to be ignored separately?

Some of you will come out and try to say nothing is 100% secure, or that you can just ignore each avi individually, or that it's not a big deal either way, or that people can just buy a new account. Those are not reasons, those are smoke screens to try and divert attention away from the problem and garner trust in a system that is vastly inferior and will cause more harm than good. Myself and many others are not dumb and see right through the bullshit. One major reason for the hate of account wide ignore because it gets in the way of some peoples mind fuck games.

So let's hear ONE good reason why individual ignore is superior to account wide ignore, providing that Pandora can also be blocked. 

i haven't read a positive argument for changing the iggy system, neither here in this thread nor in the upcoming updates 2018 thread. Trolling and dangerous half-knowledge has been the only argumentation for the change of the iggy system so far.  :rolleyes: 

Blocking Pandora is the main argument. Is it trolling to say this? For then Gizmo is trolling his own forum. 

I agree with you, Pandora is illegal and must be technically blocked. However, to buy with the price of changing the Iggy system is a false and fatal way.

Twiggy had a nice idea... but in my eyes even a random id is not required to still have an account wide ban.

Lets say we have the new system Gizmo is planning, means all Avatars have an unique ID and no player ID is transmitted. What prevents the server from filtering?

The system still keep a player ID but this ID will never be transferred to the client. Instead the server filters out all actions from Avatars from those players you have on iggy, means those commands get never executed, will never arrive on the client side.

Right now the client is doing the filtering but I wonder why. maybe it is simpler, it is more performant (since the server does not need to do the work for each player) BUT... it is possible. So we can keep account wide blocking and lock out Pandora.

Sure this would mean the server side needs some redesign and maybe it is already to late since the new version is coming but... maybe the account wide banning could be added later as an ban option (3rd option ban all current and further avatars of this player ^^).

Pros:

- Account wide banning

- All avatars have an unique ID

- no player ID is transmitted to the client

- Pandora cant link Avatars to eachother anymore

Cons:

- Server needs to do the filtering

The con can also be a pro ... right now it is still possible with the help of a hack DLL to send gifts to blocked avatars. If the server does the filtering this is no longer possible. That means even more privacy and less trolling :)

Oh and it is no longer possible to see the local chat from blocked people (I know there are hacks out there which enable this). That's cheating in my eyes. If I iggy somebody I don't want that this person:

- is able to read what I write

- can enter my rooms

- can send me gifts

And the same is true if I did the iggy :)

Maybe gizmo things that with one stone hits 2 birds bird one is Pandora bird 2 more money from ppl spam alts.

He runs a business n he prolly wants money to create stuff now that the competition is rising.

So I think unless u not propose him ideas that earns him money n same time keep most his clients happy u not gonna have any luck.

Money ftw ;)

Hmm, you say it might be a bit nit picky, I actually find what you have said rather insulting.

I would say that form of developement you talk about you do has nothing to do with scripting or databases.

Otherwise you would know that what I have put in my post is correct, it will not involve much scripting, it is fairly basic and simple sxripting that is the type of scripting done in very much any program that addresses databases.

It would not matter what coding is being used or what database type is being used, they all cater for this type of thing, it is just standard scripting and database requirements.

I actually am part owner in a business where we use Unity 5 for part of what we do.

We supply our clients with a tool where they let their own customers use that tool for viewing of the product we offer.

From that, having been the person that did most of the designing of that I understand quite a deal f what can and can't be done.

We have been doing this for 3 years and in that time making alterations to what we supply with that tool to perfect it.

Not only the tool itself but also how it interacts with our server, the system we have built around it.

While we were setting this up, and still do actually, I loved hearing from not only my clients but also their customers any suggestions of better ways to do things.

Not once did I take offence to any suggestions made, even now I do not.

And the ones I liked hearing from most were people that had knowledge on what could be done or ways things we had done could be improved.

Without those suggestions we would most definitely not have ended up with the product we have now.

I am sorry you find it annoying when people make suggestions of better ways to do things, even in what you do.

You must be one of these people that always finds the best solution and never makes mistakes without any input from your clients.

Gizmo is like anyone else, he makes mistakes and he knows that.

One thing I will give him credit for is he does look in these forums and take ideas from them, he has shown that lots of times, especially when it comes to scripting and better ways to go about things he is working on.

I do not think he is one who gets annoyed because people make suggestions of better ways he could go about something he is working on.

My suggestion to you rhet, do a little research and find out a little on what you are talking about before you make comments like you have.

I'm sorry that you felt insulted. That wasn't my intent whatsoever, but you really shouldn't assume what other people do or don't understand.

I also write code for a living, although not in PHP (and I'd hope that gizmo is not running the backend in PHP since it has been demonstrated to be compromised for years now, most LAMP operations moved to Python years ago). If you are still running in PHP I'd suggest that you do a bit of research into the widespread vulnerabilities in PHP. A quick CVE search found 5,935 vulnerabilities related to PHP as of today. (Python has 251. Perl has 283, despite being vastly older than PHP.)  https://cve.mitre.org

Typically I am writing in bash, Python, Puppet, or Ansible to configure large compute clusters and backend storage involved in research and development (Around 300 nodes and 2.5 petabytes of associated storage). It's a vastly different animal, but it does involve a lot of database queries and a lot of scripting.

You try to portray me as less professional than I am here, despite knowing next-to-nothing about me and that is a ton more insulting than anything I said to you. Of course I take input from my users. We do that in requirements meetings and support tickets. What I don't do is let them micromanage my work, if I entertained every researcher's notion of how I'm wrong I'd have no time to actually get my job done. Much the same as if gizmo would entertain every bit of criticism on the forum.

My point was not that you have no idea what you're talking about, I'm sure you're quite effective in what you do. My point was that the configuration on the opposite end might be vastly different than what any of us are used to dealing with. I would not know how to manage your PHP operation, and I can assure you that you wouldn't know how to manage my research environment. Assuming you can query any database effectively or operate in any environment without understanding the associated data structures and methodologies is, however, what I would call arrogant.

Maybe you do understand exactly what gizmo is doing, but I think if you really wanted to effect change it would be more productive to message gizmo directly, and have a discussion with the person actually handling the code, rather than criticize his work publicly. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to impress people.

Rob, Giz himself said it will make him money. My guess is that the convenience of just paying for an alt versus creating a new account may increase the number of alts, thus more money. Whereas right now there’s only a few morons paying for two accounts or more:

Rhet, I was waiting for your response as form development most def applies to storing user information as it applies to databases and scripting those databases. So I was a little puzzled at that response.