3DXChat Community

Pay to play: A myth or a fact?

AnnikaDevi

Pay to play concept has long been associated with the history of prostitution. Whether you are a jane, sugar mamma or johns, punters you have to pay to enjoy carnal pleasures. Prostitutes' salaries and payments fluctuate according to the economic conditions of their respective countries. Prostitutes who usually have foreign clients, such as business travellers, depend on good foreign economic conditions. Prices may further depend on demand; popular, high-end prostitutes can earn significant amounts of money (upwards of $5,000 per client), and virgins may receive even higher payments. 

During the last few decades, a trend change has been noticed, people are attracted towards cleaner means of prostitution and more long lasting too. They find it more convenient to enjoy sex using a VR HEADSET rather than travelling to a brothel. People are also using games like 3DSEX VILLA, 3DXCHAT, etc to release their dopamine pleasure. Many are using sex dolls from companies like SILICON WIVES, SEXY REAL SEX DOLLS, etc. rather than going for sex tourism and hovering around strip clubs.

It poses a question which I would like to ask the community as a whole: 

Should we still pay the Whore or the rent boy? Why can't they give their services for free?  

i have no idea brett and hey annika - long time no see || hopr all good at the freshair  | out of time as usual or often and @ all: sry 4 bringn worldchat drama live to the forum - hate it and i think, i wrote ryhmes wrong in stead of meins, lol mainz, sach mal hehee nat rhmyes und wessen problem? or should i say "LUCK"? sooooooooo eaaaaaaaaaaasy, 10th letter in alphabeth x 2^^ parts of the adm's in and at 3dx - period and its NOT about you annika, lol, "the beginning" so dont get it wrong, thx! evrybody feel free to report #gerne #sehrgerne and if not ill delete it myself asaifl as soon as i feel like #fullstop

lol2.0 - i knew that mikey - i just mentioned it for ju to explain that 1st point more precise - cause ppl go beserk here if they read - money, paying blah ect^^ ps: have a rusty whorery 3rd avi slot na na nanananaaaaaa and im not that young anymore, but also not that old.... but atm i surley could need some money muhahaaaa working additionally rp-wise on the side n at the same: time having fun !!

:lol:  B)  :)  

Would this system if implemented be open to abuse and how would it be moderated?

The same way it is moderated now: Very poorly.  :P

All kidding aside, there was a lot of controversy when xgold was first introduced, and much of the discussion, if I recall correctly, centered around how allowing "prostitution" might affect the game. Of course, I think it is fair to say that both the game itself and the community are now rather different than they were back then. So I don't think there is anything to be gained by rehashing the old arguments. But a fresh look at this issue might be worthwhile.

My personal opinion is that xgold has no intrinsic value and cannot be used in any meaningful way. Nor can you actually transfer quantities of xgold from player to player. And as long as those two things remain unchanged, any "prostitution" that takes place is just one player giving another gifts in exchange for blocks of playtime, which is essentially still just the same as two players agreeing to play together "for free."

And to my way of thinking, that renders the question posed in the OP completely moot. 

Not sure if this detracts from the topic (apologies if I’ve missed the point completely) but they could make use of the xgold system in several ways.

Some examples where I think the game experience could be enhanced using the currency are things like;

Paying for sex  In other games you can send credits and/or other currency for sex that is global.  Here gifts are done in place of it.

Paying someone to build a room.  Same as other games you don't know it's not their room until it's to late.

The cost of drinks purchased at a hosts room going to the venue host,  Or the host can offer free drinks to the guests.

DJs getting paid for events.  Happens in other games where they give credits and/or other currency to have them DJ or even advertise their events while they're DJing.

I mean we already pay for marriage and divorce right?  Some are stuck with the cost of the divorce when the other person deletes their avi, that should be automatic to the other user.

Then there’s the ethics.

Would paying for sex using virtual currency be seen as inciting law infringement? In some countries paying for sex is still illegal.  Then the other games doing it would have to stop but there is no way to know what you're giving them for.

Why pay for a room to be built if we know it’s likely to be stolen?  Same as other games you don't know it's not their room until it's to late.

Would this system if implemented be open to abuse and how would it be moderated?  Would be hard to moderate as you don't know exactly what they're paying for.

Would it discriminate against players in any way?  I don't think it necessarily would.

Over to you ;)

It is one of the few features I miss from mnf , that is, a functioning economy. Gave me incentive to learn to be a room designer there and improve my craft and yes, there was a lot of pseudo prostitution there. I suppose there still is.

I am very very glad that ingame currency is just monopoly money. I would not want a copy of RL here.

It would end up like a big economy. Well, we have that in RL, it is enough there.

To pseudo prostitution: I did that and do that now and then BUT for fun. The RP as such is pleasing me not the exchange of real money. In fact I would not do it for real money.

I hope the xgold will stay a toy currency like today and not change to real money.

(Edit: xgold for drinks going to host would be ok as a small gift for her/his room, but thats enough)

• 1 month later...

The question remains the same, why should we pay for sex. We all know that 3dxchat gives us three Avatar options. Why do we need to visit virtual brothels when we can sleep with our alternate? I mean to say that if there is no lure why should we pay to play? Gifts are of no use in 3DXCHAT as we don't have a proper shop.