3DXChat Community

Disco's Vision For 3DX (with Pics)

D1SC0STU

Ok, so I realize that I am getting a little content crazy lately and since everyone posts about everything under the sun, I thought I'd start a new topic.  Now, I know what your thinking "we don't need more topics".  I really want the best for this game and the community, so I will continue to post pics of my current projects in the upcoming update topic.  This topic, however, is for some stuff I have been working on that the devs haven't asked me to do.  I just thought I would share some of it with all of you and maybe you'll like it.  First up is a slightly different take on an apartment.  There's not a lot of detail but I was mostly just playing around with textures and lighting.

Wow, seriously impressed, especially if you can get even more detail - the textures in that rug, table and sofa are superb. Now if you can start work on the 'human' models so they look as good, especially up close... ;)

Ok, so here is some more work to the apartment concept.  Please remember this is not an official content update, just wishful thinking.  With all of the pictures I have posted so far I really need to get the lighting nailed down, but it can be tricky.  It's a work in progress, hope you have enjoyed so far.

The bathroom needs some major work, got some overlapping uvs, but it's a start

Here is an exterior area to the appartment.  I need a better backdrop for the cityscape.  Also I need to create some better grass and foliage meshes.

Damn Stu you really are scratching an itch here making me want to fix my desktop quicker and brush of 3DSMax lol.

Damn fine work that, very impressed.

I really appreciate it.  With my work, I tend to rush on these little side projects but its 7:07AM and I think I am going to do something awesome today!  I really hope you do jump back into 3DS Max its a blast....its even better if you have a game engine to play around with your creations in!

New house concept, as usual, really rough.  Must also be sure to say that these are straight from my brain they aren't official updates!

I know I always show you guys rough samples but tell me you wouldn't want to live here when it's finished.

Video:http://youtu.be/unSl4GYizIc

Great house concept Stu, maybe you could as you say have a passageway that leads to the bathrooms etc, and maybe have the bedrooms set at the back overlooking one of those floating pools, the one that doesn't look like it has  an edge to it. But keep up the good work.