3DXChat Community

World Chat ... yay or nay??

PerfectStorm

Okay new topic and another question. First question is how the hell do I make the poll thing work? 

But onto the meat of the subject.  I admit I participate in World Chat. I kind of like it... but ... and its big but.... isn't it kind of just a cesspool?  If it's not just full of purple ads rolling one after the other it's all the crap we see spewing from trolls and those of us (myself included) that often feed them. 

So to debate and discuss. 

What are the merits and the detriments of World Chat? What would be good about getting rid of it and what would be bad? 

Personally I don't see anything wrong in advertising your room just as long as we don't get carried away with it.

As for WC in general I avoid it with all the trolls that live on it, but sometimes you do come across some really funny stuff happening so it's entertaining to watch on occasion. 

I think it really helps out the newcomers that are stuck, too. I've seen a fair bunch of people ask for help/wondering where their friends are, while not knowing about the PM system yet.

Should we kill of WC?

Honestly.. Nahh not really, there's always the option of if you don't like how someone sounds on WC - ignore them.

Although it would be nice if they was moderated to an extent, like troll A is out of line - mute him/her for 2 hours, etc etc?

I always ignored World Chat. In some rare occasions I posted there but soon after that I moved on not caring about the responses. It really is an all you can eat trollville but I would not get rid of it. Just like Mikey pointed it out World Chat = WC = Water Closet = Toilet is an important part of our lives. All the crap goes there.

That being said, I think many people read it so it's still a good place for promotions too.

So yeah, it is good to have for those two reasons: Crap out and Promo.

World Chat is just that.  A place where people who are not talking anywhere else or feel the need to do whatever it is in there.  You see room adverts (sometimes way to much of that instead of giving a little bit of time between them), you have ones that use it to start issues or talk trash on other users, normal every day banter and/or even politics.

My thoughts of WC:

If you have an issue with someone, decide to trash or talk shit on them, give out their alt avi information and so on, keep it the fuck out of WC and even local for that matter.

If you feel the need to talk politics, remember that people come here to get away from the every real bullshit they deal with.

Use ignore for those that seem to do that or that you have an issue with as it works wonders.

@jynara ... very true that as well. At least with WC all the crap is confined to one spot. 

To be clear .... this was not a post bitching about world chat. As I said I participate in it and rather quite enjoy it. Just a wondering and a discussion topic to see what everyone else thought about it. 

WC is not a mandatory thing people have to open or be in. Some avoid it because they can not photo shop what they say there. It is a troll's paradise and a way to advertise rooms, forum pages, Olesya's lovely room discoveries and the bunnies. 

(\__/)(\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
           (='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)
           (")_(")(")_(")(")_(")(")_(")

Which you have to admit the whole reason for you looking at WC is to be entertained. Some of us have fun there role playing, making jokes, talking politics like Fox News aka "we make the news fuck reporting it", but as for the idiot troll wanna be ignore them, it frees up a lot of space and makes sure they get their 15 seconds of fame are up. The fights that happen there tend to get resolved there are people that calm things down. Besides beats shit like that occurring on local.

WC is not a mandatory thing people have to open or be in. Some avoid it because they can not photo shop what they say there. It is a troll's paradise and a way to advertise rooms, forum pages, Olesya's lovely room discoveries and the bunnies. 

(\__/)(\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
           (='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)(='.'=)
           (")_(")(")_(")(")_(")(")_(")

Which you have to admit the whole reason for you looking at WC is to be entertained. Some of us have fun there role playing, making jokes, talking politics like Fox News aka "we make the news fuck reporting it", but as for the idiot troll wanna be ignore them, it frees up a lot of space and makes sure they get their 15 seconds of fame are up. The fights that happen there tend to get resolved there are people that calm things down. Besides beats shit like that occurring on local.

At the quiet hours, newbies are in WC, looking for tip, or players speaking their language, it is not always the 'toilets"

/me remember a hot moment in WC with a friend and blushes

subject: fuckm back and abortm

giphy.gif

watch, laugh and you forgot the v-word like vomit bags... .. . jst like today or a few mins ago! but apperently im out of 3dxchat vomitbags! all 500 of my gold premium sub = gone in less then  the first half year  aka under 6 months and im not even in the game every week anymore. imagine i was daily blah 24/7 like in the beginning ~ #selfheadshot or i would have asked rochi or alex for a modded version to delete or deactivate worldchat ha ha ha - i had better laughs and guess what? if assholes could fly, 3dxchat maybe would become a small an airport!

giphy.gif

i mean look at the news half of the world is sick or atleast alot, and half of the other half: runs around online pesting others. i only fdeel sorry for the mother of those 2 trolls in WC today and prob it was 1 and the same person usn 2 accounts and why sorry for their mom? wasted pain at birth and wasted time on him growing up - simply every- and anything! did i mention wasted server discpace, life- and gamingtime and in german one says: zurück ficken und abtreiben ~ fuk back and abort!! sry for faul language, feel free to report and waste even more time on our few sick dickheads. why and what am i evn writn here!? idk, who cares... i do,or in some cases now:'i did' aka past blah and #tempout #pfffffffft guess its time after 5 years to finallly start using the ignore button -we'll see.

Are you mad, juicy jimmy, aeh kittyC.? LOL. You cannot be serious. Idk if you mean me and besides that. i couldnt *deleted* it was once an idea of so many many, many years ago that could have been added: as button aka feature - when temwise needed or wanted - thats all and yes caitlin, tikanese #blah #ok? got it?

OKAAAAAAAAY?

DID YOU GET IT NOOOW?!?

giphy.gif

ok^^good! damn loud music und auf wie? auf was blah? exactly #aufwiedersehn 
closes raising dustbin bäamless soonerish again n thinks: *also deleted*

edit: wtf, lol just got a pm saying that i just cant make a post, leave and not post 1 single song?!?
ok, ok - but only 1 random1 #bääaaam

Edited by chaostika

stalk-ex-funny-everybody-does-it.gif

you still didnt get, its really not that complicated done in a mod or dll, but doesnt matter and hello!? who would turn *deleted3.0 however, anyway and honestly, argh just#4get nike like and do it... .. . juts like me: *now*  #bäamish2.0 or 3!?? who cares, butt damn, there was something else i forgot - ah, yes, OH EM GEE

HeavyJaggedIberianmole.gif

Used to be a World Chat dweller, crawled out from the rubble and now life is much better. One can only defend themselves against arseholes for so long. (Even if some of those are your friends) better to keep it in view and not participate. (All the time) Then you don’t leave yourself open for whatever happens there....