3DXChat Community

Graphics freeze, sounds/music continues

Hisstress

Hey, everyone,

I'm having a very persistent and annoying problem. At random times, the graphics of my game will lockup though the sound and music will continue with no problem. I used to wait a while for it to unfreeze, but that never happened. I have to go to Windows and kill the task and then restart the game.  It used to happen every now and then, but lately it's been happening every time I log in.  I'll play for 5 or 10 minutes then it seizes on me and I have and I have to kill the task.Usually, I'll be in the middle of moving my camera around my character to get a better look at the scene, but it doesn't happen every time I do that.

I'm so frustrated with this issue that I'm not going back to play the game until there's been some update to Windows or the game that might maybe resolve it.  Has anyone else run into this?  Do you have any possible solutions?

hisstress, aka MaskedMama

Hey, everyone,

I'm having a very persistent and annoying problem. At random times, the graphics of my game will lockup though the sound and music will continue with no problem. I used to wait a while for it to unfreeze, but that never happened. I have to go to Windows and kill the task and then restart the game.  It used to happen every now and then, but lately it's been happening every time I log in.  I'll play for 5 or 10 minutes then it seizes on me and I have and I have to kill the task.Usually, I'll be in the middle of moving my camera around my character to get a better look at the scene, but it doesn't happen every time I do that.

I'm so frustrated with this issue that I'm not going back to play the game until there's been some update to Windows or the game that might maybe resolve it.  Has anyone else run into this?  Do you have any possible solutions?

It happens to me on my laptop, my solution is adjust your graphics and when going into a BIG and busy room turn the sound off. It doesn't always work (like I will have to reboot when someone closes a room while I am in it) but for the most part it keeps the game at a decent stability for me. 

Now my PC which is far stronger and can run the graphics on max, will still have sound issues slowing down bigger, more crowded rooms.

I hope this helps. I have missed seeing you .

Hey, everyone,

¨Your GPU is the cause. The stream does not use it. You could try to grant it more virtual memory but I am not sure it helps. Crowded rooms and heavy rooms are computer killers.

no need....It runs smoothly with an old Toshiba P500 (8 years). It has to do with:

Crowded rooms

Heavy rooms

Nothingelse. 

Gizmo, 

Not everyone has the last computrer. You should think of the majority of your customers and fix this. I have more and more friends complaining about this. Maybe with the next upgrade

Not everyone has the last computer. You should think of the majority of your customers and fix this. I have more and more friends complaining about this. Maybe with the next upgrade

The game's requirements aren't that steep Anyone who games with Steam, or Origin or GOG has enough to play this game. Sadly, the only solution maybe limiting the rooms to a certain sustainable occupancy, the con to that is why punish the people who create the rooms? 

Disk speed has zero to do with how any game runs. Games do not run off the disk. They run from memory. When a program "loads" the essential parts are being loaded into memory so it can be accessed much faster. Even having an ssd will not make your game run and better or faster. It will load faster yes. But it will not run any different than if you used the slowest sata hdd available.

This game has many many many serious problems as far as expected performance and it also has had a memory leak that has been preset for over 3 years... possibly even since day 1.

I would not hope for anything because nothing gets fixed. I'm not trying to be negative... I'm only being truthful and honest.

I would initially say it is a GPU performance problem, but it is hard to accurately say when you don't give any of your pc specifications.

Ps with the addition of world editor many players are creating rooms with several hundred objects and light sources, which is significantly increasing the stress on gpu's compared to the original default rooms that the listed game specifications are based off.

it works with my old GT330 (chipset). It may shroltly freeze but all is ok quickly. I gonna be naive, Gizmo said that the next upgrade would be about fixing all the bugs before they take the game a step further... Let's hope that this bug will be fix...

no need....It runs smoothly with an old Toshiba P500 (8 years). It has to do with:

Crowded rooms

Heavy rooms

Nothingelse. 

Gizmo, 

Not everyone has the last computrer. You should think of the majority of your customers and fix this. I have more and more friends complaining about this. Maybe with the next upgrade

sweetie the only fix for u is if Gizmo downgrade graphics of the game n ofc we dont want that 

best solution saddly is if u slowly upgrade ur pc ,

to give u an example of what work does my pc 

i play on extreme my gtx strix 1070 8gb card raise temp to like 60 celcium im not comphy with temps but this card fans start work from 40 celcium n above anyway what i try say is u need a lil better cpu n gpu to be able to take advantage of cool cpu n gpu u also need good fast ram n ssd , they say ur computer is as fast as ur slower componet inside ur pc ,im realy sorry to say but u need a better pc if possible so it can handle game 

Disk speed has zero to do with how any game runs. Games do not run off the disk. They run from memory. When a program "loads" the essential parts are being loaded into memory so it can be accessed much faster. Even having an ssd will not make your game run and better or faster. It will load faster yes. But it will not run any different than if you used the slowest sata hdd available.

This game has many many many serious problems as far as expected performance and it also has had a memory leak that has been preset for over 3 years... possibly even since day 1.

I would not hope for anything because nothing gets fixed. I'm not trying to be negative... I'm only being truthful and honest.

sweet jessica even ssd matters on how games run in a pc  u can have best cpu n gpu but if ur disk is crap u will loose all that performance cause ur disk is slow  :) a slow disk wont be able to handle the speeds of a cool cpu n gpu  it will write/read on its own speed  in games  so a good balance is a must 

sweetie the only fix for u is if Gizmo downgrade graphics of the game n ofc we dont want that 

best solution saddly is if u slowly upgrade ur pc ,

to give u an example of what work does my pc 

i play on extreme my gtx strix 1070 8gb card raise temp to like 60 celcium im not comphy with temps but this card fans start work from 40 celcium n above anyway what i try say is u need a lil better cpu n gpu to be able to take advantage of cool cpu n gpu u also need good fast ram n ssd , they say ur computer is as fast as ur slower componet inside ur pc ,im realy sorry to say but u need a better pc if possible so it can handle game 

Dear,

A I said, it runs well with a 8 years Satelitte.. (I have never changed anything but ram 8 instead of 4). You can observe that when a lot of peeps are online, global performances of the game raises down. (razer tool gave a 4 fps in a crowded Sin, and a 0 in a heavy room with a load of peoples )...I let you imagine the consequences.

i run game on extreme setting 60 fps temporal smaa steady 60 fps with arround 50-60 ppl in almost all rooms then i loose fps above 70 ppl in the same room 

i7 6700k  gtx strix 1070 8gb 16 gb ram at 2400 n game on ssd 

hope it helps 

8 year sattelite wont help u  just my 2 cents 

mind also as the years pass  all componets start not work so good 

saddly  they have a drop in performance cause they been tired 

My laptop (which I use for the game 99% of the time) is a Dell Latitude with 4GB RAM, 300GB HDD, a gen 2 i5 2.5, with integrated graphics. It works fine for the most part unless I go into a crowded room and have the music on when I leave said crowded room. Now the graphics aren't that great I have them set on low.

When I play my PC 16GB RAM, 3 TB HDD (with a 64GB SSD boot disk), a Gigabyte GTX1030, with a gen 6 i5 2.7. I don't have half the lag or freezes or crashes regardless of room. I play higher graphics (just shy of max) of course. This handles MOST every game. I could stand an upgrade in the GPU but prices for better are outrageous due to the cryptomining fools (lol).

The ONLY other problem I have is internet speed and that is my ISP's fault than the game's.

sweet jessica even ssd matters on how games run in a pc u can have best cpu n gpu but if ur disk is crap u will loose all that performance cause ur disk is slow :) a slow disk wont be able to handle the speeds of a cool cpu n gpu it will write/read on its own speed in games so a good balance is a must

This is 100% false. Disk speed has zero affect on how a game runs. The fastest ssd and the slowest sata hdd will not affect how a game runs. The game on the ssd will load faster. That is it.

Games do not run off the disk. They run from memory. The disk is for storage only.

Now even if games did run off the disk... the bottleneck is usually the video card anyhow. That's why video cards have so much ram on them. Because they usually can not process the data as fast as the info is being sent to it.

None of this really matters because 3dx is coded very poorly and not optimized in any way.

Computers effectively extend the amount of memory they have by dividing the memory up into "pages" and storing unused pages on the disk.  If an unused page is needed, then one of the other ram pages is copied to disk and the needed one is copied from the disk into memory.  If you have a lot of memory and aren't running many programs, then it's probably the case that everything that is needed is in memory and the disk speed doesn't matter.  On the other hand, in extreme cases, you don't have enough memory to hold everything that is needed and you constantly thrash pages back and forth to disk.  In those cases, the speed of your disk unquestionably matters.

If you think your hard drive is slowing your game down, close all of the non-3dxchat apps you have open, especially your browser windows, and see if that helps.  If it does, you'd benefit from having more RAM.  If it doesn't, then the disk probably isn't limiting you.

Tlaera

Tiaera is correct in that instance. But it seems safe to assume that someone who has a pc that struggles to run 3dx would probable not have a bunch of other programs open but who knows? :)

The main issue here I think is that 3dx chat is not coded in an efficient way. I'm sure everyone has experience in running much more graphic intensive apps than 3dx with better performance.

At random times, the graphics of my game will lockup though the sound and music will continue with no problem. 

I had a similar problem.  My screen would go totally black (like I lost monitor power) but I could hear music playing.  I'd have to power down and restart.  Then it would happen again.  This happened only with 3dx.

I tried every fix under the sun ... and the only thing that fixed it was to underclock my GPU slightly.  

So now to play 3dx I start an EVGA utility that underclocks my GPU.  Then I start 3dx.  Underclocking the GPU totally fixed the freeze / crash problem I had been struggling with for over a year.  

I hope this helps.

I had a similar problem.  My screen would go totally black (like I lost monitor power) but I could hear music playing.  I'd have to power down and restart.  Then it would happen again.  This happened only with 3dx.

I tried every fix under the sun ... and the only thing that fixed it was to underclock my GPU slightly.  

So now to play 3dx I start an EVGA utility that underclocks my GPU.  Then I start 3dx.  Underclocking the GPU totally fixed the freeze / crash problem I had been struggling with for over a year.  

I hope this helps.

ceres this has happened to me in other games n the cause was that my curent gpu at that time wasnt working wellunderclocking helped me cause card had burned some circuits n couldnt handle all the power that originaly could handle undrclocking helped for a while  till i bought new card n send the bad card in tec they told me about burned circuits ,

also black screen indication is gpu fault blue screen is cpu 

As initially stated if your experiencing freezes and black screen, best guess is GPU. Your GPU is the biggest factor in any graphical issue, despite peoples denial. If you want the best out of this game you want to have a reasonable dedicated gpu. All but the very latest integrated cards will not handle this game well (Well =30+ fps) especially in high stress custom rooms. Remember this game uses the fairly new Unity Engine.

Ssd's & Ram play very little to affecting the performance of this game (See Nikki's answer above). Having the game on a HDD and not an SSD will certainly not cause a black screen. If you want to know more about what is happening with your system I suggest downloading and installing these free software apps:

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner

Both of these excellent apps used together will give you a good indication of how hard your CPU & GPU is being pushed. But for any real accurate feedback on your problem you need to provide your system specifications.

Abbey