3DXChat Community

General Poll from threads.

Mar Mohan

General Poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to have the hug/kiss with selections for Friends/everyone so you can choose who you have contact with? Would you be willing to pay for it?

• Yes, I want the option.
    • No, I don't want the option.
    • I don't care either way.
    • Yes, I'd be willing to pay to choose who can touch me.
    • No, I don't want to pay to choose who can touch me.
  2. 2. Do you want your alt avi(s) known in some way? Would you be willing to pay for it?

• Yes, but not pay. Examples: Check box to allow who sees them. Color Markers to show it's an alt. @ParentName listed someone on your profile.
    • No, I don't want pay nor do I want them shown.
    • I don't care.
    • Yes, Pay for it. Examples: Check box to allow who sees them. Color Markers to show it's an alt. @ParentName listed someone on your profile.
    • No, I'd pay for them to not be shown.
  3. 3. Would you be willing to take a survey as you log in for the game owners?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't care.
    • I don't have a subscription so I can't.
    • I would if I had a subscription.

I made this after seeing how things are going on in the forum.  It's simple for the questions and answers as these have been posed on this forum already over the course of far to many threads so making it easy for the devs to see.  I can edit the choices if needed.

Edited the choices.  With IMVU you don't have options like here unless you pay for VIP.  Paying the $9.99 a month allows you that choice on who you want to contact you so that is why I put that there.

Sorry, but I can't resist this - It'll never work, it's not representative, the sample size will be too small, you need to ask people at log in time, and anyway any results will be ignored.

Seriously though, it is good people think about these things. As you know I think these polls have a role in that. It may give a snapshot or picture of the way things are. To be honest I'm not going to vote just yet as there's a bit to think about here and rl's a bit busy atm. Prolly later.

Sorry, but I think there's a problem here. For example if you want the hug and kiss option for either everyone or friends and you're not prepared to pay for it you have to click two boxes. The poll only allows you to click one. A bit of an edit might be a good idea.

I'll take another look tomoz, or sometime, just in case I've got it wrong.

This is pretty well done mar, and a good idea to see how things might match up to what is being said in all these posts.

One thing I was going to find somewhere to add to these discussions I think might be good to put in here.

In regards to Pandora, as it has been often brought up for a reason not to have anything added to the game to show alts in any way.

And that the main argument against anything being done is privacy.

I would like to point out that Pandora is by far the worst invasion of privacy we have.

It is also something supplied by an outside service and most likely by a person or people that are players inside the game.

It has been mentioned in a thread somewhere that someone was able to pay to have their data removed from Pandora, and I had also heard rumours of that inside the game.

Now they may or may not have happened but the fact remains is that because it is done by an outside service it is most definitely possible.

Plus an even bigger possibility is that who ever has created Pandora is also able to change what ever data is kept in their server.

So they could if they so chose to add or delete anything they want and then that would show as being records kept on any person they want to do that to.

So there may well have already been people set up to look like they have done something they did not.

Keeping in mind that it is most likely that players are behind Pandora I consider that a definite problem.

I think we need to think about these things when deciding on if we want something added so it is easier or even readily available to be able to see which avis are alts or if we should be able to see the person that owns the alt.

We need to also think of how it may effect Pandora in ways of reducing its use to even making it so there is very much no reason for it at all.

I would like to point out that Pandora is by far the worst invasion of privacy we have.

It is also something supplied by an outside service and most likely by a person or people that are players inside the game.

It has been mentioned in a thread somewhere that someone was able to pay to have their data removed from Pandora, and I had also heard rumours of that inside the game.

Now they may or may not have happened but the fact remains is that because it is done by an outside service it is most definitely possible.

Plus an even bigger possibility is that who ever has created Pandora is also able to change what ever data is kept in their server.

So they could if they so chose to add or delete anything they want and then that would show as being records kept on any person they want to do that to.

So there may well have already been people set up to look like they have done something they did not.

Keeping in mind that it is most likely that players are behind Pandora I consider that a definite problem.

I think all of this is correct we really don't know if Pandora has an agenda or not. As far as hiding stuff though I would think that if someone did a search of someone on Pandora and their name didn't show up then that might be enough reason to be suspicious of that person and wonder what they are trying to hide if you care about that type of thing.

Do you want to have the hug/kiss with selections for Friends/everyone so you can choose who you have contact with? Would you be willing to pay for it?

There have been times when I have been walking checking a profile out and accidentally hug the person, most don't seem to mind. It would be nice if that were an option people could decide on if they want and not just anyone can. Same with kissing, nice but not necessary to have to have or be there as an option for people who do not want it. 

let's face it not everyone reads profiles and granted the cold hug and kiss can be quite unwelcome (even if by accident). Would I be willing to pay for the option? NO. Again, I think it should be up to the person and NOT the game to dictate who can hug or not hug, kiss or not kiss... just like the slow dance, you send a private request that can be accepted or denied.

Do you want your alt avi(s) known in some way? Would you be willing to pay for it?

IF people want their alt avis known I am sure they can very easily tell those they want to know.  Otherwise, if someone wants to be on the "downlow" because they want to be alone and not have to say hi to everyone or they are being stalked then why should we invade their privacy. Conversely, it kind of allows someone who is stalking you to do so without being "seen". It's a catch 22 and IMHO, definitely NOT something I would be willing to pay for.

Would you be willing to take a survery as you log in for the game owners?

If the OWNERS were to truly implement what the polls showed and BETTER the game, yes. BUT if it were just a waste of time? NO.

Although Pandora is not officially affiliated with 3DXChat or SexGameDevil, we do not know for a fact that there is no connection. Gizmo stated very clearly in this Forum that he would do something about Pandora but has never followed through on that promise, which to me speaks volumes about his true attitude toward this issue.

The question of whether or not the operator is a player inside the game is pretty much a red herring. Has there ever been a rumor of someone leveraging their position as the operator of Pandora to coerce other players? I have never heard any report of such a problem, but that doesn't mean it has never happened.  

As for Pandora being an invasion of privacy, I would rephrase that to say that some people use Pandora to invade other people's privacy. There is no dancing around that fact.

But on the other hand, for the roughly half of all players who don't use alts or else use them only sparingly, certainly there is no way to pretend that Pandora is invading their privacy, unless you want to say that someone knowing for a fact that a player has no alts is an invasion of privacy.

Thus, I am not sure that saying "Pandora is by far the worst invasion of privacy we have" is justified by the facts. There are other ways of hunting down people's alts, and there are also people like me who publicly acknowledge all their alts and thus are immune to such silliness. 

As for Pandora being an invasion of privacy, I would rephrase that to say that some people use Pandora to invade other people's privacy. There is no dancing around that fact.

But on the other hand, for the roughly half of all players who don't use alts or else use them only sparingly, certainly there is no way to pretend that Pandora is invading their privacy, unless you want to say that someone knowing for a fact that a player has no alts is an invasion of privacy.

Pandora is an invasion of privacy whether you have alts or not

Have a bad relationship decide to restart as a new name by creating a new avi and deleting the old...tough pandora knows so does everyone else

Put up a picture that you come to regret. Delete it from profile. Tough pandora still has it.

Put some information in your profile and regret it within hours and remove. Tough Pandora still remembers and its still there for all to view

That's great, it allows me to check the two boxes this morning :-)

May I suggest, though, that it might have been better to keep one question for each answer set rather than two. - It does work so hopefully it'll give you something you can work with.

One last point now I've just done it - the survey on log-in one. The answer I wanted to give was probably, rather than yes, no or don't care. Not that it matters too much but it does mean that any respondents similar to me will split between those three options.

Just a thought, anyway.

Thinking about the first question pair - I suppose the answers I gave are pretty obvious but I tend to see it this way.

People have the right to decide what happens to their avis  in game, analogous to having the right to decide what happens to our bodies rl. So it isn't something you should have to pay for, it is something that should be there anyway. Having said that, if the only way it can be done is with a paid for thing then it'll have to be. It is an important enough princple to achieve pretty well whichever way.

Again with the second question pair, I don't see why it should be a paid for thing. Openness and honesty is usually the best policy in my book. But then the way I play the game I suppose that's exactly what I'd say.

In general I think people should have to pay for something that shouldn't be standard practice, so avis are revealed unless people want to pay for it to be otherwise. Similarly with the hugs one - standard is the basic rl type principle, no touching without permission, if you want it then you pay.

Pandora is an invasion of privacy whether you have alts or not

Have a bad relationship decide to restart as a new name by creating a new avi and deleting the old...tough pandora knows so does everyone else

Put up a picture that you come to regret. Delete it from profile. Tough pandora still has it.

Put some information in your profile and regret it within hours and remove. Tough Pandora still remembers and its still there for all to view

Well, first of all, I am against implementing anything in game that identifies a player's characters, so in that sense, yes, Pandora represents the potential for an invasion of privacy. I am not saying otherwise. 

But my point was that Pandora itself doesn't invade players' privacy. It is we players who use information from Pandora or from other places to invade each other's privacy. Thus, I don't think that characterizing Pandora as "the worst invasion of privacy we have" is justified by the facts.

As for your argument about it retaining deleted information, I disagree with you.

If you put a picture in your gallery, people will see it and remember it. You can't say that it is an invasion of privacy if they remember it even after you take it down. And quite frankly, I have a hard time seeing why Pandora retaining information that you yourself made public should be considered an invasion of privacy. Don't want your information to be shared without your knowledge? Fine, then don't make it public in the first place, and it won't be.

If you put a picture in your gallery, people will see it and remember it. You can't say that it is an invasion of privacy if they remember it even after you take it down. And quite frankly, I have a hard time seeing why Pandora retaining information that you yourself made public should be considered an invasion of privacy. Don't want your information to be shared without your knowledge? Fine, then don't make it public in the first place, and it won't be.

A lot of difference between a few seeing it that happened to check my profile when it was up before I decided I no longer wanted it to be public and having to remember it and it being shared with all and sundry for evermore. When I remove information from the public domain then people should no longer be able to access it full stop. Yes a few will remember it but it won't be available to most. Pandora changes that and legislators are increasingly agreeing with that stance. 3DX operates in the EU, they are classed both as a data handler and a data processor. They therefore have a duty of care requirement under GDPR regs to keep data safe. Allowing Pandora access and not doing anything about it quite possibly contravenes that and no doubt we will find out as I have submitted a complaint to the ICO about it

Sam does have a point, though. Even if he has gone off topic. Is it worth being a little indulgent towards diversions providing they don’t take the whole thing off the rails. The GDPR is a bit of a game changer and sits at the centre of a lot of the side issues related to this and other recent threads.