3DXChat Community

Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?

Perimede

Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like being hugged by random strangers in game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't be bothered to reply

24 to 1 now. My unrepresentative data, limited by my failing to include ‘not worried by random hugging’ is telling us something. Most people don’t like it.

It’s so obvious because it is something you’d never dream of doing rl unless you wanted to cause offence or made an error of judgement, in which case you apologise pdq.

I see your point, but, no, not necessarily.  For example, when offering to couple dance, to partner, or to go to someone's apartment, a confirmation dialog with a timer bar appears in the lower left of the screen. If that were added to the cuddle and kiss-on-the-cheek animation, and the friend you are trying to cuddle doesn't respond, then you can assume that they have crashed. 

A great point that, Sage. You do sometimes talk sense :-) That would certainly reduce the incidence of both those irritations. In my experience the people who do both are noobs, who don't know better and nearly always apologise if challenged, and those who do it deliberately to annoy or degreade. The former it wouldn't affect as they'd soon work it out. The latter need stopping anyway because they are beastly. It should be easy to implement so why not make a suggestion to the devs? Maybe take a quick straw poll and present it from there. Like if you get a few seconders then it's worth presenting.

Could something similar de done for naked wankers, maybe that wanking isn't possible in public unless partnered?

Guest Beccie

SIlly minor point I suppose, but has anyone considered that 3dx is a game and therefore NOT REAL...?

And in any case, the devs have provided a tool, called 'Ignore', for this type of situation. So what exactly does anyone expect them to do over and beyond this? Put in a tool to manually accept hugs every time one is offered? Can you imagine being in a relationship or friendship and you can't spontaneously be hugged?!?

The poll is totally pointless, as is the discussion.

The question the poll asks is a little bit biased.  I doubt that many people like being hugged by random strangers.  I don't like it, but I also don't really mind it.  Often when a stranger does it, it's a teachable moment.  And I hug my friends frequently for a lot of reasons including synchronizing our dancing.  My enjoyment of the game would be hurt by needing to always click "accept" every time one of my friends hugs me.  So, while I'd vote "No" to whether I liked being hugged by random strangers, I suspect the results would be different on a poll that said:

Should the "cuddle" animation pop up a consent dialog, the way slowdance does?

Sage, I recognize your point of view on this and respect it.  But I'd like that solution even less than only allowing friends to hug.  

Maybe the poll should be:

Should we change the cuddle and kiss mechanics?

No.  Leave it the way it is.

Yes. Make it so that only friends can do it.

Yes. Make it so that you have to agree to it.

Yes. Make it so that you have to agree to it, but friends can do it without consent.

Sage's point that we're not going to get any of these changes is probably the most salient of all of them, but if this really was the highest priority feature that we wanted Gizmo to work on, then that poll seems like it would give us better information than this one.

Tlaera

I know the limitations of my questions with the benefit of hindsight. It wasn't intended to be rigourous, just a snapshot. It would have been more meaningful to include don't mind as well, but I didn't. The way it is forces people to chose between just yes or no, which will inflate both options. The can't be bothered was ................... taking a gentle pop at people who keep posting about how uninterested they are in topics.

I do think it is a useful snapshot, and the discussion is mostly good too. It does seem to be creating a picture of how people feel. As for whether a suggestion for Gizmo will emerge, I don't know. Sagie's idea is a good practical step. If he formally suggests it then I think both you and I would support him. I don't think we'd be alone either. I believe Gizmo will consider suggestions, but ultimately he will decide what's best for his business. Little polls like this are a nudge into getting him to think a bit more than he otherwise would.

24 to 5 atm. Actually the difference between yes and no is greater than I expected. Still time, though. It's a nice diversion to see how it develops.

@Chatterbox - it makes sense in the context of other stuff going on on the forums atm. This one might not be the wisest thing I've done round here but it does actually seem to be saying something. Most of the discussion is cool too. So, yeah, it's not quite as bonkers as you might imagine.

And yet im still here. ;) can your diary say the same? could be worse , could marry myself i suppose

you really think I miss my diary? LOL.... and the rest is laughable..... everyone laugh about your silly insults Rob.... when do YOU realize how ridiculous you are?

Its called a smart phone. In the civilized world just about everyone owns one. We even have cars. We dont need to take mass transit. Its a wonderful world.

Now if you will excuse me, i simply dont have time for your trolling. Have a good day.

and why you did respond again? 

giphy.gif

I believe Gizmo will consider suggestions, but ultimately he will decide what's best for his business. .

I'd really like to know what you base that belief on. The guy almost never responds. And in the rare cases that he does, it is an empty promise, like when he said that he would do something about Pandora. There are literally dozens of features that people have asked for constantly the entire four and a half years that I have been here, yet he can't be bothered to implement even the simplest of them, despite the fact that they are available in a certain tweaked dll. 

Pandora shows that more than unique 7500 users have logged on over the past ten days.  Even if we assume that all of them bought the Xmas special prepaid card, that still means more than five USD a month from 7500 accounts. So chances are that he is raking in anywhere from 40k to upwards of 100k USD a month in subscription fees. 

I used to believe in the Easter bunny, Santa Claus, and true love. But experience has shown me that there are certain beliefs that I should give up, because they don't match reality. So when you say that you believe Gizmo will consider these things, just what on earth are you basing your belief on? 

It’s his business, Sagie, so I assume he’s pretty interested in what people do with his product. I think it foolhardy if he didn’t. But it’s his business he can do what he likes with it.

I still maintain that the way forum threads are made to go bad is a good reason for him to ignore anything here. That’s not altogether his fault.

Improve the forums and it could provide good two way communication with his customers. Isn’t that one of the reasons software companies have them.

i just had someone cold me for a partner invite in sin club four times. After the first two times i pm'd him and told him to stop and that i was not interested. so he responded by doing it another two times, so then i pm'd him and told him if he sent me one more request i was going to cut his balls off and shove em down his throat. Problem solved. no need to even start a topic or a poll about it in forums. I am not even upset, i realize it is part of the game. I mean this is 3dx afterall.

Wow I can’t spell

Edited by Chatterbox

Gizmo will consider suggestions, but ultimately he will decide what's best for his business.

I think the best for his business is to shutdown this topix in my opinion. As new member reading all what you saying against this game here and in many other topix, I will not intend to subscribe in. Also, as business owner I will definitely ban you up in this forum + I will cancel your game subscription  for the bad reputation you spread about this game.

post-5159-0-43109400-1507778359_thumb.jpgpost-5159-0-00660300-1508094855_thumb.jpg
post-5159-0-77593600-1505006146_thumb.jpgpost-5159-0-00197600-1505006186_thumb.jpgpost-5159-0-83817500-1505006276_thumb.jpg
post-5159-0-51518000-1475379276.jpg

Not me Briana, but the behaviour of a very small minority of people in game who cause trouble. These are the people you should be attacking not me. We know Gizmo does act, just like he did with the dodgy rooms. We were very clear about what we thought there, and they were clearly contrary to ToS. When the forums went otu of hand a few months ago action was taken, which sent a very clear message.

I've not seen them since the last thread we had on the topic of the dodgy rooms. I have seen one or two suspect ones, but nothing like the ones that set it all off. Maybe they happen now when people on my side of the pond are asleep. So on that one a partial success, I think.

My little poll asks if you like being hugged by a random stranger in game. It is not asking if people like hugs. There's a difference.

The misleading bit is I didn't allow for people who aren't fussed by it, so they will tend to split into both yes and no. As a snapshot it does reveal something - that people prefer not to be randomly hugged by strangers in game, which is pretty obvious really. What intrigues me is that the gap between yes and no is as large as it is, given the number of people I think aren't that fussed about it.

It doesn't become a big issue, instead of just an annoyance, until someone uses it to try to intimidate or offend the huggee, as in my grizzle in my other thread. I may have connected it up wrongly but that guy was doing it to be nasty and he targetted me. He didn't go round doing it to everybody. He knew exactly what he was doing. Hence my being pretty damn riled about it.

So the things we are talking about are different. Just a hug isn't a big deal, although the context can change things a lot. A hug intended to cause offence or to demean someone is seriously not on. I usually politely challenge random huggers and it is their response that dictate my action. The person I grizzled about - well his attitude said it all, and was very, very different to the two noobs a mentioned.