3DXChat Community

A General Survey about Avatars in 3DXChat

XenophiliusLovegood

A General Survey about Avatars in 3DXChat  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many avatars do you have in your account?

2. 2. What avatar genders do you use and what sex has the operator?

• 1 x Male avatar, Male operated
    • 1 x Female avatar, Male operated
    • 2 x Male avatar, Male operated
    • 1 x Male avatar, 1 x Female avatar, Male operated
    • 2 x Female avatar, Male operated
    • 3 x Male avatar, Male operated
    • 2 x Male avatar, 1 x Female avatar, Male operated
    • 1 x Male avatar, 2 x Female avatar, Male operated
    • 3 x Female avatar, Male operated
    • 1 x Male avatar, Female operated
    • 1 x Female avatar, Female operated
    • 2 x Male avatar, Female operated
    • 1 x Male avatar, 1 x Female avatar, Female operated
    • 2 x Female avatar, Female operated
    • 3 x Male avatar, Female operated
    • 2 x Male avatar, 1 x Female avatar, Female operated
    • 1 x Male avatar, 2 x Female avatar, Female operated
    • 3 x Female avatar, Female operated
  3. 3. How is the temporal use of your avatars distributed?

• I have a main avatar, using mostly. If I have additional avatars, I use them randomly.
    • I have two avatars I use mostly and one randomly.
    • I use all avatars in a similar way.
    • I would like to prefer not to answer this question.

I never said it was a representative sample. I've said it was a guide when viewed in conjunction with other data.  What other data?  You fail to show that every time you're asked to show it.

What I object to is this 'it's not going to work' mentality. We have data, of limited reliability, that we can test against other data. I think someone pointed out that the proportion of users who mostly use one avi from this sample is supported by data from Pandora. Conversely the data for the proportion of women users ( just shy of 50% from the sample) is not supported by other data that has been presented on the forums, where the proportion could be as low as 10% and as high as 30%, mostly likely nearer the former. In this case the data from the sample is telling us something different. I'd interpet this as users saying that when playing the game they want to viewed as if they are women in rl, regardless of their rl gender. What this data doesn't tell us is why so many blokes want to play as women, we have to look elsewhere for that. I have my opinions on that but it isn't relevant to this discussion.  Who has the "it's not working" mentality.  What data, other data, this survey that not everyone even on this thread has taken?  How many do you think honestly answered this survey honestly?  The data was pointed out inaccurately and even was proven that it was that was claimed about Pandora.  I'm a real woman and I didn't take this survey, how many others haven't or have been honest.  You're interpreting some data that isn't given accurate information but again that's your interpretation of inaccurate data.

The next question is can this data guide our thinking? I'd say yes it can, provided we recognise its limitations and balance any conclusions we draw with data from other sources. So in this case we can fairly reliabley conclude that the majority of users play with mostly one avi. This means that the users of all three avis are in a minority. Most people have one or two avis (29 or 76%) as against those who have three (9 or 24%).  How can you consider this as a guide?  You don't have all the information that represents users in the game.  This is very limited data and isn't accurate, you're assuming it is.  What other sources are you talking about?  You've been asked several times to show the other data but haven't just claims that it exists.  How many have answered honestly with this survey and once again you're taking it as being accurate and can be used to prove your point.

The last question also tells us something - the vast majority of users play mostly with only one avi, a significant minority play with all three and a tiny minority play with two. That suggests to me that the people have two only use the second avi for stuff like building, playing with outfits etc and this is secondary to their game play. I suspect if we were able to break down the users of all three avis further we'd see that the majority include the people who build these wonderful worlds we've seen since World Editor appeared. Sadly this group also includes the troublemakers.  You're assuming that this has been answered honestly which as anyone knows isn't the case, nor do they give the actual sex they are.  You'd have to ask every user in game to take the survey to get that information but it will never be accurate.

So any change to make life difficult for trouble makers must take in to account the needs of the builders - hence my picking up on the idea of a 'do not disturb' feature should it be deemed neccessary to reduce our avi count down to one. This, to my mind, is quite possible if done correctly with more save options for rooms, avis and outfits. Possibley include a nick name for the role players? As I've said before I'm totally shite at role play so I can't really comment on that one. The "Do Not Disturb" has been suggested for a long time to allow users to be able to choose that setting as well as "Away, Friends Only, Everyone" which is a function IMVU uses and updates but also has "Creating" for those that mesh or retexture things within the game.  These options offer more for everyone and allows users to have a little more control over who contacts them.

Chloe's point about honesty is valid. It's clear that a large proportion of respondents who claim to be female rl aren't - unless we have a situation where female users are happy to respond whereas males can't be arsed. I think either gender will probably be equally likely, or unlikely, to respond.  At least you are recognizing that fact so it shows the points you were trying to make about the data does work.

Sarcasm, Mar_Mohan, does not address the issues we're trying to discuss here, which is a shame because when you do get your act together you are able to present valid points. Xeno took the trouble of putting together a survey, I suggest because he wanted to find out a bit more about how people play 3dx Chat. I believe the data does tell us something, both where it is supported by other data and where it isn't. I'd suggest that this survey, in spite of it's limitations is useful as a guide. Got it now? Excuse me.  I have my shit together and have made very valid points you just don't like that I have.  I as well as others have given points but you fail to see them because they don't agree with yours, which is typical.  Not once have you said I've made valid points on threads because I don't agree with your thinking.  The Survey doesn't have every person in game nor does it even have everyone that has been in this thread because I, yes I, have not even taken the survey.  So saying this is good data is a big fat joke and very good laugh.  We're still waiting to see what other data you claim there is.  Try your insults to someone you think will take it seriously, I laugh because you don't have a clue sweetheart about me or anything there of.  I've got it apparently you don't.

Pandora data - presented by Sage earlier in this thread.

The data presented in my thread about encouraging more women to join 3dxChat which got trashed by certain people and deleted.

There are other data sources if you go looking.

As I said if you balance what we have here with this other data you’ll find that the data does tell us something if we choose to see it. It is a small sample so cannot be accepted on its own.

If you have an alternative explanation of what the data tells us then please present it. If you can support that view with other data even better.

I don’t think anybody would disagree that it is worth trying to find ways of reducing the influence of troublemakers. Surveys like this, finding other data, looking at what happens in other games all helps to build a picture. For example SecondLife has a policy about alts which appears to have helped deal with griefers.

I do recognise that if someone is determined enough to cause trouble then it is hard to stop them but that doesn’t mean we shouln’t make it more difficult for them. In that sense Jess’s analogies are spot on - nobody says to stop enforcing speed limits because a small minority don’t adhere to them.

Oh one last point - your very own Donald Trump became president without a majority of the popular vote. He has the right to speak for all Americans. By your argument he hasn’t unless every American votes for him. I could use the same argument about pretty well any politician. The current US President is an easy one to present.

Any survey you create for anything will not ask the whole population. The knack is deciding it’s validity. In our case some points are supported from elsewhere, some aren’t.

Sorry for repeating myself.

Pandora data - presented by Sage earlier in this thread.  Read back through it was shown that information isn't accurate.

The data presented in my thread about encouraging more women to join 3dxChat which got trashed by certain people and deleted.  You know that was proven inaccurate so I wouldn't suggest bringing that deleted thread up again.

There are other data sources if you go looking.  Again cold hard facts are proof not assumptions and no data had been proven to be accurate as it's only based on a small percentage and it's of those that choose to have it recorded or respond to.

As I said if you balance what we have here with this other data you’ll find that the data does tell us something if we choose to see it. It is a small sample so cannot be accepted on its own.  There is not data.

If you have an alternative explanation of what the data tells us then please present it. If you can support that view with other data even better.  There isn't even enough people in any poll to make an accurate judgement, nor any poll.  They always state that it's from the figure they have and can't be considered accurate for everyone.

I don’t think anybody would disagree that it is worth trying to find ways of reducing the influence of troublemakers. Surveys like this, finding other data, looking at what happens in other games all helps to build a picture. For example SecondLife has a policy about alts which appears to have helped deal with griefers.  The devs put buying avis into place, best suggestion take it down to one avi.  It's their game and they can do that at any time.

I do recognise that if someone is determined enough to cause trouble then it is hard to stop them but that doesn’t mean we shouln’t make it more difficult for them. In that sense Jess’s analogies are spot on - nobody says to stop enforcing speed limits because a small minority don’t adhere to them. The paying 10K in XGold was supposed to help but it didn't stop them, people will always find a way to make trouble no matter what.  I made point in a discussion and because they didn't agree I was told I wasn't thinking logically, had no good education, had no common sense and so on.  Mention an analogy from about Cyber as that would represent the game not laws that are from outside of the cyber world then the analogy would make a lot more sense in this online world.

Oh one last point - your very own Donald Trump became president without a majority of the popular vote. He has the right to speak for all Americans. By your argument he hasn’t unless every American votes for him. I could use the same argument about pretty well any politician. The current US President is an easy one to present.  A lot of the votes that were taken at the voting polls were thrown out because the names were of dead people, those that had no ID to prove who they are, not an actual citizen.  This country goes by the Electoral Votes, need the definition, google it then you'll have your answer.

Any survey you create for anything will not ask the whole population. The knack is deciding it’s validity. In our case some points are supported from elsewhere, some aren’t.  When you're using things for online games it's very had to have accurate data that truly represents it's users.  Maybe a question that must be answered upon logging in to get an idea for the devs so they can come up with an idea of how to move forward.

Sorry for repeating myself.

Sage found from Pandora that roughly half of users use only one alt. This survey gives 73% overall. So in conclusion we can say that it is likely that in 3dxChat more than half of users use only one alt. This survey asks mostly, which will give a higher result than The Pandora result i’ve Just pulled out of Sage’s post. It includes people who have other alts who don’t use them often enough for Pandora to pick up on.

So I think it safe to say that a large majority, possibly around 75%, of users mostly use one alt even though they have others. We do not have sufficient data to say for certain the 75% figure is good, but can say somewhat more than half. We can also say that those who use all their three alts equally are a minority.

As i’ve Said before if we think about the results here in the light of other data it is possible to draw some conclusions.

The vast majority of people playing 3dx do not have an issue with the use of alternative characters, you will also find that many newer players do not even know what they are. Truth.

Tell us something we don’t know. Ok.

Sage found from Pandora that roughly half of users use only one alt. This survey gives 73% overall. So in conclusion we can say that it is likely that in 3dxChat more than half of users use only one alt. This survey asks mostly, which will give a higher result than The Pandora result i’ve Just pulled out of Sage’s post. It includes people who have other alts who don’t use them often enough for Pandora to pick up on.

Have you really read this thread fully, I'm beginning to think you have skimmed it.  The survey is 73% of those that took it not those overall on the forum or in game.  So you can't conclude that it represents all users only the ones that have taken it which by the way doesn't seem to be that many and how accurately were the responses.

So I think it safe to say that a large majority, possibly around 75%, of users mostly use one alt even though they have others. We do not have sufficient data to say for certain the 75% figure is good, but can say somewhat more than half. We can also say that those who use all their three alts equally are a minority.

How is it safe to say?  I've not even taken it and how many others that have replied here have taken it.  So it's not safe to say it covers most of the users.  If you took the survey please relay how users have actually taken it.  That's like saying a room full of 1K people with one apple pie that's half eaten that 75% ate it but 80% might not like apple so they didn't touch it.  Who's to say that someone didn't take a bigger piece.

As i’ve Said before if we think about the results here in the light of other data it is possible to draw some conclusions.  There isn't other data, you keep saying it but that data you stated about earlier was shown to be inaccurate long ago.

In my thread, which got itself trashed and deleted, about increasing the population of rl women in game, data was found, reliable data too, I will go and find it if I have to but I'd prefer to do stuff like go to bed with my husband and get a decent night's kip. That data suggested that as little as 10% of the user base of 3dxChat is female in rl. My hunch was around 20%. I even found data which suggested the user base was as much as 30%, if I remember rightly, women. I got slated for it until the reliable data was found and then somebody got the thread pulled. Interesting that.

So this survey is innacurate on the gender balance front, it shows just shy of 50% of user as female. As I've said before, even that tells us something if we think about it.

On the number of avis - other data, from Pandora, suggests a correlation albeit a rough one. So we know this survey data has some use. Consider both sets of data (about 50% one avi from Pandora and about 75% who mostly use one avi even though they have more from this) we can say that a majority of users here mostly use one avi even though we can't really determine an exact figure. By allowing the survey to run a bit longer then the sample will become more representative. By finding other data we can determine whether our survey is representative or not, despite the small sample size. Without other data we cannot say that our survey is completely unrepresentative. The small sample size suggests it could be, correlation with the Pandora data suggests it could have some meaning despite the small sample size.

So denying other data when there is some doesn't help, neither does denying any correlation when there is. All I'm doing is applying KS3, that's Years 7 to 9 in UK schools, statistics. Which isn't my strong suit but good enough for this.

The challenge, if you feel it is that important, is to find other data which can support or deny the validity of this small survey. What we have at the moment is the best we have so far. It shouldn't be that difficult to do better. And, no I don't want to use up more quality time with my husband on doing at at the moment. I think I've done my share, over to someone else for a while.

That's it from me on this for now.

I could see the poll possibly being somewhat accurate for the forum at least for the people who responded. I am sure that the forums have a larger percentage of females posting then exist in the game at least. The people here are not really the same as most of the game's population, but that doesn't mean it can be applied to the game itself.

That's like saying a room full of 1K people with one apple pie that's half eaten that 75% ate it but 80% might not like apple so they didn't touch it. Who's to say that someone didn't take a bigger piece.

We arent talking about pie. We are talking about alts in a sex game. It was you that told me that such analogies were not logical.

Now I actually do understand your analogy and I agree with it. But by me making that last statement puts into your perspective what you said to me when I used a similar analogy to show how silly something was.

Btw... since the beginning of this thread, I have held the stance that this poll provides no useful information.

In my thread, which got itself trashed and deleted, about increasing the population of rl women in game, data was found, reliable data too, I will go and find it if I have to but I'd prefer to do stuff like go to bed with my husband and get a decent night's kip. That data suggested that as little as 10% of the user base of 3dxChat is female in rl. My hunch was around 20%. I even found data which suggested the user base was as much as 30%, if I remember rightly, women. I got slated for it until the reliable data was found and then somebody got the thread pulled. Interesting that.  Your thread was deleted by mods for a reason so leave it there along with anything that was a part of it.  Any data that has been found as proven before is not accurate.  You can't base it off of a forum post as it doesn't represent the game.  Not to mention I'm a female and didn't take this survey.

So this survey is innacurate on the gender balance front, it shows just shy of 50% of user as female. As I've said before, even that tells us something if we think about it.  This survey is only a basis for those that took it there is no way to say it's accurate.

On the number of avis - other data, from Pandora, suggests a correlation albeit a rough one. So we know this survey data has some use. Consider both sets of data (about 50% one avi from Pandora and about 75% who mostly use one avi even though they have more from this) we can say that a majority of users here mostly use one avi even though we can't really determine an exact figure. By allowing the survey to run a bit longer then the sample will become more representative. By finding other data we can determine whether our survey is representative or not, despite the small sample size. Without other data we cannot say that our survey is completely unrepresentative. The small sample size suggests it could be, correlation with the Pandora data suggests it could have some meaning despite the small sample size.  It was proven that the information from Pandora was proven inaccurate even in it's breakdown.  We don't fully know how it all works only the people behind the coding do.  So data will never be accurate.  The survey doesn't represent the game.  You want something that does, give it to every user that logs into the game but how accurate that information will be is another story.

So denying other data when there is some doesn't help, neither does denying any correlation when there is. All I'm doing is applying KS3, that's Years 7 to 9 in UK schools, statistics. Which isn't my strong suit but good enough for this.  There isn't data as it's been shown on a repeat basis.

The challenge, if you feel it is that important, is to find other data which can support or deny the validity of this small survey. What we have at the moment is the best we have so far. It shouldn't be that difficult to do better. And, no I don't want to use up more quality time with my husband on doing at at the moment. I think I've done my share, over to someone else for a while.  You want something that does, give it to every user that logs into the game but how accurate that information will be is another story.

That's it from me on this for now.

We arent talking about pie. We are talking about alts in a sex game. It was you that told me that such analogies were not logical.

Well you wanted to use speeding and drugs laws as analogies because well as many times as I said it's a sex game, both Perimede and you tried to tell me that.  I used a pie which you learn how to work with in Elementary school as it's part of basic Math.

Now I actually do understand your analogy and I agree with it. But by me making that last statement puts into your perspective what you said to me when I used a similar analogy to show how silly something was.

Btw... since the beginning of this thread, I have held the stance that this poll provides no useful information.

My analogy was a basic Math problem that is used when doing pie charts for surveys like this.  This is similar to things in a better perspective.  Using speeding, drug and sexual abuse laws analogies don't represent online games like this.  The reason I said they aren't a good analogy is because this is online and it's Sex Game Devil that owns the online game and make the rules for it and they can change them at anytime put a change into place a minute later decide they don't want the rule and remove it, where a law takes a lot more than a whim to get passed then to get amended.

I know as well as a few others of your stance and wouldn't say that you state this is useful as you have seen it's not.

Common sense is stil common sense, even if you don't like the outcome of it or disagree with what it suggests.

I'm not going to attempt to explain it again. Anyone can easily understand the point I was making, including yourself. You simply don't like what the anology suggests. So its better to play dumb and divert the attention away from the actual issue, which happens to be another popular political tactic.

You could prolly kill it in the political arena. You should give Faux News a call.

I won't be replying to this topic anymore.

I always enjoy a good debate where people can openly express and share opposing ideas and viewpoints but when people attempt to shut down an opposing view then it's no longer a discussion.

Have a great day everyone.

OMG, Niblette, that is a good point about there possibly being a greater proportion of women on the forums. I hadn't thought of that, and in some ways it explains the difference between other data on gender balance and this survey better. I'm not sure I totally agree, though. My feeling is to assume that the gender balance on the forums would represent the gender balance in game. I'd be interested to know more of your thinking on this.

I'd say this - surveys like this always tell us something. Even with a small sample size. As I've said before, in this case some results are loosely supported by information obtained from elsewhere some aren't. Together with additional data and by encouraging people to participate in this survey we stand a chance of finding things out.

Just saying it's wrong because we can never poll everybody using 3dx Chat is a bit like saying no new cancer drugs can be used until they've been tested on everybody in the whole world. In that case the sample size may be a few thousand as compared to 7.6 billion world population. So to keep the figures simple we'll say it's tested on 7600 people, that's one hundred millionth of the world population. If the sample increases to a few tens of thousands it's still one ten millionth of the world population. Our survey represents a greater proportion of the 3dx Chat user base than that. Oh and btw - if anybody wants to argue abotu what a billion is - I'm using 1 billion is the same as one thousand million.

So, the point is? You check your data with data from other sources to check its validity. There is data out there, game developers use it to plan new games and to develop existing ones. I agree it's not all that easy to find but it was possible before, it's possible now. The thing is that the people who say this survey is wrong aren't even looking, they're just saying it's wrong. It was just the same in the three data sets I presented in my gender balance thread. Is this because they don't like what the results are implying? In that case it was that there are far more men than women playing 3dx Chat. They also didn't like the idea that it might be in the best interests of the game to try to increase the porportion of women playing.

The challenge is to find data, if it's that important to you, and present it here, together with your understanding of what it's telling us. That will move the discussion forward. Until then we're just going round and round in circles. Yes, people are right to be doubtful about the validity of the data this survey, on its own, is producing, a larger sample would be good. Checking it's results against other data is even better, no matter how big the sample grows to.

Common sense is stil common sense, even if you don't like the outcome of it or disagree with what it suggests. 

Definition of common sense. : sound and prudent judgment based on a simple perception of the situation or facts.

Your common sense is your natural ability to make good judgments and to behave in a practical and sensible way.

All of which I've done.  I didn't belittle someone telling them they didn't think logically, don't have an education because it failed them and they lack common sense.  That right there goes to show those that have said that about me haven been using theirs.

I'm not going to attempt to explain it again. Anyone can easily understand the point I was making, including yourself. You simply don't like what the anology suggests. So its better to play dumb and divert the attention away from the actual issue, which happens to be another popular political tactic.  I got your point that's why I said they don't apply to this because you spoke of laws that can't be changed as easily as going into the script and changing it to state what you want it to for the rules the users have to accept to play the game.  I'm not in politics nor am I using dumb and divert attention.  I addressed the actual issue about this survey and the other threads but once again people want to belittle those of differing opinions as it seems to happen a good bit.  I don't need to like what you're analogy suggests because it's about laws that well are in the real world not an online game.  I even asked you to present analogies that would apply to this and you haven't.

You could prolly kill it in the political arena. You should give Faux News a call.  This is what I mean with my statement above about common sense.  Another belittling comment that isn't necessary and doesn't pertain to the thread or any other thread.  I'd kill it in politics if I could lie and screw people over but unfortunately my common sense won't let me.

I won't be replying to this topic anymore.

I always enjoy a good debate where people can openly express and share opposing ideas and viewpoints but when people attempt to shut down an opposing view then it's no longer a discussion. 

Have a great day everyone.

The only issue is see is that those that don't seem to like others have an issue when they comment and it doesn't agree with what they think that's when they belittle them.  I keep to the topic and address the thread then I comment on the belittling with a response that's doesn't belittle as I don't need to do that to make a point.

OMG, Niblette, that is a good point about there possibly being a greater proportion of women on the forums. I hadn't thought of that, and in some ways it explains the difference between other data on gender balance and this survey better. I'm not sure I totally agree, though. My feeling is to assume that the gender balance on the forums would represent the gender balance in game. I'd be interested to know more of your thinking on this.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7037-a-general-survey-about-avatars-in-3dxchat/page-5#entry287682 Niblette says about more women on the forum but where does she state this survey represents that it's taken by women, I'm a woman and haven't taken it and stated I don't need to.  There isn't other data as you claim it's been shown you can't go by the data about Pandora or this poll as it doesn't represent the game itself even Niblette states that.

I'd say this - surveys like this always tell us something. Even with a small sample size. As I've said before, in this case some results are loosely supported by information obtained from elsewhere some aren't. Together with additional data and by encouraging people to participate in this survey we stand a chance of finding things out.

This survey isn't that accurate, as I've stated I'm a woman, have three avis and haven't taken this so no we can't state this is a representation of  the game.  Many that are on here aren't in the game.

Just saying it's wrong because we can never poll everybody using 3dx Chat is a bit like saying no new cancer drugs can be used until they've been tested on everybody in the whole world. In that case the sample size may be a few thousand as compared to 7.6 billion world population. So to keep the figures simple we'll say it's tested on 7600 people, that's one hundred millionth of the world population. If the sample increases to a few tens of thousands it's still one ten millionth of the world population. Our survey represents a greater proportion of the 3dx Chat user base than that. Oh and btw - if anybody wants to argue abotu what a billion is - I'm using 1 billion is the same as one thousand million.

You have to poll the actual game users only the devs can do that and use that data for what it is.  The forum is full of users who aren't in game or pop in from time to time.  Do you work in the drug testing industry to know how that all works the qualifications used for the testing.  Well they don't test people who don't have cancer as well nor will they test a drug that's designed to treat prostate cancer on women or ovarian cancer drug on men.

So, the point is? You check your data with data from other sources to check its validity. There is data out there, game developers use it to plan new games and to develop existing ones. I agree it's not all that easy to find but it was possible before, it's possible now. The thing is that the people who say this survey is wrong aren't even looking, they're just saying it's wrong. It was just the same in the three data sets I presented in my gender balance thread. Is this because they don't like what the results are implying? In that case it was that there are far more men than women playing 3dx Chat. They also didn't like the idea that it might be in the best interests of the game to try to increase the porportion of women playing.

That's been proven already that it's a small base of users based on those that actually agreed to give that information.  Any game developer knows this.  I've looked and still can say this survey doesn't represent the game as some users are no longer in the game or go there from time to time.  The data needs to be based off the game itself.

The challenge is to find data, if it's that important to you, and present it here, together with your understanding of what it's telling us. That will move the discussion forward. Until then we're just going round and round in circles. Yes, people are right to be doubtful about the validity of the data this survey, on its own, is producing, a larger sample would be good. Checking it's results against other data is even better, no matter how big the sample grows to.  That's been done and it didn't represent nor was it accurate.  The only way to get the data needed is to put a survey up for users to take when logging in.  Circles because there won't be data that represents this game unless you poll the users within the game itself that actually use it.  Checking against other data won't help for example IMVU, SecondLife, Utherverse, AChat take surverys even then it's hard to compare to because IMVU and SecondLife allows users under the age of 18 to play them where this doesn't.

Oh dear ............................................... here we go again

You can't be bothered to find any data to support your view ........................... shall I go looking and find some for you I still have the link to the one that clinched the gender balance thread somewhere on my computer? It is all there if want to find it badly enough. No I won't, well not today, the weather is lovely and I've got other stuff to do. Barbie in the garden with husband later, maybe my rl bestie will come up if she can get a babysitter.

Oh dear ............................................... here we go again

You can't be bothered to find any data to support your view ........................... shall I go looking and find some for you I still have the link to the one that clinched the gender balance thread somewhere on my computer? It is all there if want to find it badly enough. No I won't, well not today, the weather is lovely and I've got other stuff to do. Barbie in the garden with husband later, maybe my rl bestie will come up if she can get a babysitter.

If there was was actual data out there, I'd gladly show it but there isn't, that's why I've said it.  You were proved that the data was accurate as it didn't even represent a game like 3DX, nor will it actually show you who is a woman or man that's behind the screen.

I found three sets of data in the gender balance thread. It’s all there if you chose to go looking. So rise to the challenge, find data and present it instead of whinging.

I remember them, read them and pointed out several times that they don't and repeat have all the data as they even state that they only can collect from those that wish to show it, participate in the surveys they put out.  I even have them bookmarked as I said the data isn't accurate but you can keep trying all you want.  There isn't any data and you've been told this many times.  The only whinging I do is wine but I love my whiskey. ;)

So, your point is? There isn't data? There is, the problem for you is you just don't like it. The last set was good enough as it came from a site that has a purpose for game developers.

Go find some you do like, prove me wrong, that's fine. In fact I welcome it, as I said to you in that thread. Pull your finger out, stop whinging and do something that moves the discussion forward. Look hard enough and you'll find data - each with it's own good points and bad points. That is the nature of statistical data - it is up to the reader to decide if i's good or bad and to work out a sensible interpretation of it. Go for it Mar_Mohan, you can do it!

Good night from here too