3DXChat Community

no more sound

shiranda

Frequent bug...music comes and goes even in public places. of course the stream plugin and the server settings...

I have been using Winamp to connect to the music in public places and something I have found is that I had to increase the size of the streaming buffer significantly to prevent the stream from cutting out. This goes for Sin Club and Love Island in particular. The default buffer size in Winamp is 64 kb, and the music was constantly cutting out at that setting. I increased it to 640 kb and have had no problems at that size.

What this suggests to me is that it would be helpful if a setting to allow players to set their own buffer size  were added to the sound settings.

IMHO, I've found same difficulties whilst visiting public places too.

Mostly at Love Island, NC, Fresco and etc.

There were some hiccups of music disruption or streaming lost a lot.

If someone lost music streaming and reset game option.

They should get a priority as first come first serve when reaching max listener limit.

I believe that Public 3DXChat Server has reaching Maz listener option at the moment.

I've learned same experience when playing at party rooms.

When Party host used individual DJ's IP Address for their music streaming

Some of my friends could not have sound whilst other DJ playing.

But it was OK to hear my set from my Music Server.

Which I have 120 listeners enable to have my 192 Kbps streaming.

No one complain me about no music playing at my private room since DAY1.

Cheers,

All streams are from completely different sources. There's not 1 server streaming music. If your issues are from public and private rooms, it's something in your setup because private rooms are still a completely different stream source whether it's a radio station or a user's stream.

I think Sage's investigation is really solid.  I've noticed that certain songs in Sin Club (eg Crazy Train) always kill the sound at the exact same spot every time they play (which, since we're talking about Sin Club, is every night).  That suggests that something about the compression in that song overflows the small ring buffer.  I wonder if a recent patch inadvertantly reduced the buffer size, and that's why we're all having trouble with sound lately.  If so, maybe they can easily increase the default.  

(Sage, a user setting would be great, but it's definitely easier to code a larger hard-coded value than to change the UI.)

Tlaera 

There was a load of server crashes (mainly at the end of the week). They have code something at this moment and there was no more server crash. This bug has appeared at this moment. About buffering ( /me smiles) : when you have a memory leak...it is not the best idea. 

True about increasing buffering increasing memory usage, which is questionable in a game that already puts memory pressure on users due to a large memory leak.  However, Sage's numbers suggest increasing it by less than a megabyte.  The leak does that in a few minutes.  If, indeed, the buffer used to be that size and was accidentally reduced, and, if putting it back to the original size made music stable again, that would be the right thing to do.  

Tlaera

no problem with browser. My browser has no restriction: MP4 or OGG, the quality I wish. But in the game, you have to use a plugin.

They did make some type of change. I have a few friends who can no longer stream simply because they use icecast. This should be looked into.