3DXChat Community

Our sweet and problematic ALT`s (tech.solution)

☙𝔼𝕩❧

I would like to interupt the mass hysteria about hugging  to thank people like the people in this thread and all others for helping me reach third on all time posters. Not bad considering i quit the forums for a couple months in 2016 and lost a few thousand posts. I wont ever catch girlie but thank you for the ones mentioned above because without your illogical and most of the time foolish posts, it wouldnt be possible.

Sorry Adara, I still love ya :P

hzsvOTD.png

Yep, now you finally have something you will be able to tell your grandchildren, LMFAO

I will teach them all about false pride, and where they should be proud and not.

How some people can fool themselves into believing they have really accomplished something they can be proud of when in reality they should feel shame.

Thats pretty good. I figured you were going to teach them how to use male avis yet go to a forum and chastise others for doing it or maybe teach them how to do lame strip dances. Looks like your imaginary family will learn alot from you. You can be very proud

LMFAO  stop it, im going to pee my pants.   I pee my pants when im happy, im old.

You know something Rob, I always get the last laugh because I never have to make up things about you to try upset you the way you try to do with me.

Do you really think that all this calling me a guy and saying I have a make believe family bothers me.

There are so many people in the game know the truth that all you do is make yourself look like an idiot and show your true self.

You have revealed so much about yourself in these threads, how that you tried to claim you are open about your alts yet will not reveal the names of the avis on your 2nd account.

How you are willing to use an alt in the game to mess with people you know want nothing to do with you.

See these are truths that you have admitted to, I don't have to make up a thing.

So know this, when you laugh, people a laughing at you, not with you.

You know something Rob, I always get the last laugh because I never have to make up things about you to try upset you the way you try to do with me.

Do you really think that all this calling me a guy and saying I have a make believe family bothers me.

There are so many people in the game know the truth that all you do is make yourself look like an idiot and show your true self.

You have revealed so much about yourself in these threads, how that you tried to claim you are open about your alts yet will not reveal the names of the avis on your 2nd account.

How you are willing to use an alt in the game to mess with people you know want nothing to do with you.

See these are truths that you have admitted to, I don't have to make up a thing.

So know this, when you laugh, people a laughing at you, not with you.

Pot calling the kettle black.  You and a few other have caused me to have nightmares from something I suffered almost 25 years ago.  So I guess that's your true selves.

Let's keep it to the subject of the alts verses attacking one another.  No one is better than anyone else so drop the bullshit and move on.

Pot calling the kettle black.  You and a few other have caused me to have nightmares from something I suffered almost 25 years ago.  So I guess that's your true selves.

Let's keep it to the subject of the alts verses attacking one another.  No one is better than anyone else so drop the bullshit and move on.

It's a pity that thread was deleted, otherwise people could see that you and rob were actually the cause of all of that by firstly doing your best to do that to me and a couple of others.

But you are right in what you said next, let's keep this to the subject of the alts instead of attacking one and other.

So it seems Mar-Mohan felt strongly enough to make suggestions about poor in game behaviour which never gained traction and and now claims not to be frustrated. Yet now seems to favour anything goes. Funny that.

About random hugging - you do not invade someone’s defensible space without permission. Hugging without permission is as good as assault. So stop making light if it. If you hugged someone rl at best you’d get a severe telling off, at worst you get prosecuted for some form of assault, probably sexual if it were a man hugging a woman. ***Edit here***** BTW - wearing a sign saying 'Free hugs here' is inviting someone to ask for a hug. That is OK because both the hugger and huggee have agreed to it, so don't use that to try and make light of my feelings on random huggers. That in itself shows an attitude towards women that is decidedly unhealthy.

3dx being pixels does not make this sort of thing ok.

In my case the perpetrator was possibly an alt of someone, certainly known to them and knew exactly what he was doing with the intention to cause offence. Seriously not ok.

**Significant edit here in the form of an addition** - using alts to mess with people's heads or spread rumours is not OK behaviour and causes harm The case in favour of finding something that will deter this sort of behaviour rests on that. I think the benefits of doing something outweighs the difficulties it could create for people who use alts sensibley. In any case workarounds are possible if something is implemented properly. I think we all accept that bringing in the XGold for alts did improve things even if it didn't eradicate the problem. Other behaviours, the ones that piss me off more regularly, are the attitude ones. Random hugging, naked wanking etc. all show a really bad attitude towards the victim, usually a woman, by the perpetrator, usually male. They are as good as saying that because you are a woman you don't count. Is that not offensive? It is certainly considerably more inconsiderate than those people who chase each other round on the beach when it is crowded. I could extend the idea that someone I spoke to once, **correction here** - delete 'once' and insert  'a while back', who plays as a dark skinned female felt that she was discriminated against, yet it is OK for the people who play as dark skinned males (BBC - not the broadcaster unless they're also naked wankers). **addition here** - She felt it was both sexist and racist.

How come the people arguing so strongly against doing anything about poor behaviour cannot accept the basic rule of thumb that if you wouldn't do it rl then it's probably a good idea not to do it in game. I think we might well be getting a sense of why. It's not because they role play, want a bit of peace and quite to shag their favourite person, build or mess with outfits ......................................... what's left except .......... ?

Oh nooooo, call the FBI! A dangerous hugger is on the prowl!!--

That says a lot about RobT's attitude to women generally. He obviously thinks it OK to go out rl and hug random women. Or does he wear a disguise to do it so people think he's Donald Trump or Kim Jong Un?

The game isn't real life. as far as my general attitude towards women, I love the ones with common sense. The rest, meh

You have a general attitude towards women? You don't see them as individuals or people in their own right? Just a conglomerate? 

I agree though, the game isn't real life, nor is the forum for a game that isn't real life; kinda two steps away from reality here - a double safe space. But 3DX reflects all our real lives, our attitudes towards people and, most importantly ourselves. Negative people in 3DX aren't smiling much when they log out either, I'm sad to say....

You would have to ask her since she seems to know what my general attitude is towards women somehow

As far as you not smiling when you leave 3dx, sorry to hear that. I suggest other forms of entertainment 

That's interesting, your personal response suggests I was thinking of you in particular in my comment, when I never mentioned names. I'm sorry you took it that way, Rob. I should have been clearer to save 'Any' misunderstanding. I have no doubt you are a very happy and contended man, just to be clear. Why would I think otherwise?

well, common sense dictates that if you quote someones  message , It is directed towards them.

Well that's been cleared up now. As I said, I have no reason to think anything other than you are a positive and welcomed influence for all those close to you in real life. Just like here...

It's a pity that thread was deleted, otherwise people could see that you and rob were actually the cause of all of that by firstly doing your best to do that to me and a couple of others.

But you are right in what you said next, let's keep this to the subject of the alts instead of attacking one and other.

That and another thread were deleted because of what happened but it wasn't what we said it's what else was said.  I don't do my best to belittle, degrade, talk shit on people as some have gone out of their way to do. You stated I said something I hadn't then you ran when you were proved wrong and even said you thought.  See what happens, stir the pot take no blame for what it causes.  I made a true statement because of what had been said.  I have no reason to lie and nothing to hide.  You started that shit against me and didn't care that you were wrong.  I admit my faults, can you?

So it seems Mar-Mohan felt strongly enough to make suggestions about poor in game behaviour which never gained traction and and now claims not to be frustrated. Yet now seems to favour anything goes. Funny that.  Me frustated, I have nightmares from what happened to me having to relive it thanks to a few of you that's not frustration at all, look it up?  Not over anything else a personal attack against me that was uncalled for.  I don't do that to others never will because that's just wrong.  What suggestion I say take it to one avi, problem solved on the two alts for each account but it's not going to solve the problem when people lack respect for each other, think they are better than someone else, feel they can come online and treat people like shit because well it's online and they're behind a keyboard and when someone calls them out for it they turn around and try the belittle, degrading tactic which happens every day in WC.  Where have I said anything goes?  You all seem to put words into people mouths that's never been said.  Back up what you state.  I know I can.

About random hugging - you do not invade someone’s defensible space without permission. Hugging without permission is as good as assault. So stop making light if it. If you hugged someone rl at best you’d get a severe telling off, at worst you get prosecuted for some form of assault, probably sexual if it were a man hugging a woman. ***Edit here***** BTW - wearing a sign saying 'Free hugs here' is inviting someone to ask for a hug. That is OK because both the hugger and huggee have agreed to it, so don't use that to try and make light of my feelings on random huggers. That in itself shows an attitude towards women that is decidedly unhealthy.  It's online don't want to be hugged, cheek kissed, room invited or partner requested then stay in your room, a friend's room that isn't open to the public, group chat that is only people you know or Character Editor because that's something that unless the devs put it so it's friends only that's not gonna happen.  So I suggested the devs make it so we have a "Do Not Disturb, Friends Only, Away and Everyone mode" so that we can choose who we want to be able to do things but also with IMVU they have an entire selection you can pick of things that can or can't be done and it puts a hand up that stops them while they look like they're running in place.

3dx being pixels does not make this sort of thing ok. While it may not to you or others, it's online so unless a change is made it's still going to happen.

In my case the perpetrator was possibly an alt of someone, certainly known to them and knew exactly what he was doing with the intention to cause offence. Seriously not ok.  It could be an alt or someone new it's not really known even with a suggestion if it's turned off so you can check or on another account, then you'll never know.

**Significant edit here in the form of an addition** - using alts to mess with people's heads or spread rumours is not OK behaviour and causes harm The case in favour of finding something that will deter this sort of behaviour rests on that. I think the benefits of doing something outweighs the difficulties it could create for people who use alts sensibley. In any case workarounds are possible if something is implemented properly. I think we all accept that bringing in the XGold for alts did improve things even if it didn't eradicate the problem. Other behaviours, the ones that piss me off more regularly, are the attitude ones. Random hugging, naked wanking etc. all show a really bad attitude towards the victim, usually a woman, by the perpetrator, usually male. They are as good as saying that because you are a woman you don't count. Is that not offensive? It is certainly considerably more inconsiderate than those people who chase each other round on the beach when it is crowded. I could extend the idea that someone I spoke to once, **correction here** - delete 'once' and insert  'a while back', who plays as a dark skinned female felt that she was discriminated against, yet it is OK for the people who play as dark skinned males (BBC - not the broadcaster unless they're also naked wankers). **addition here** - She felt it was both sexist and racist.  True but it's not just alts of someone it could be a whole new account.  While it may help some, others that don't do anything but play the game will be looked at even more and a heavy distrust which is already high will be far worse.  Everyone will be accused of being an alt even new users.  Men and women have been hugged and wanked on, sent room invites and partner requests as well it happens by randoms, new people and alts.  Women act just as bad as the men in game. If you've seen WC some people take the word racist to mean something it doesn't when a comment is said.  When it was shown what it meant they apologized to the person they assumed was making a racist comment, that happens a good bit because some don't know the meaning of it and don't care to.

How come the people arguing so strongly against doing anything about poor behaviour cannot accept the basic rule of thumb that if you wouldn't do it rl then it's probably a good idea not to do it in game. I think we might well be getting a sense of why. It's not because they role play, want a bit of peace and quite to shag their favourite person, build or mess with outfits ......................................... what's left except .......... ?  I'm not arguing that something needs to be done I've said that allowing users to show alts, putting color markers on them or @parentnames isn't going to solve the problem, instead it's going to put more distrust and even cause more to go and buy a new account which those that are familiar with Pandora and what it does will do that.  It may hinder some but at the same time alienate those that don't abuse their alts.  People who want their alts known already post them on their profiles or for those who are really curious look them up in Pandora.

Either it is OK to hug a random woman or it isn’t, RobT. You cannot have it both ways. Try it RL and see what happens. You know and I know you never would.

So stop trying to make out it’s ok in one situation and not in another. It is never ok to invade someone’s space without permission.

I suspect you, too, Mar-Mohan, know this person. I gather he someone who participates in trolling WC. He is a long standing player and his response showed he knew exactly what he was doing. So how dare you try and defend him.

Shitty death, RobT! Random hugging is bad manners, if nothing else, end of. Simple good manners in game make the whole thing much better for everybody. Random hugging does not facilitate sex in a sex game. Being nice to people is a far better strategy. Why is it some male avis feel the need to randomly hug female ones? Why is it some male Avis think female ones will fall over themselves at the sight of a knobbly veiny cock with a wrinkly scrotum attached to it. Give me Aidan Turner scything any day!

This thread is about one strategy which might help reduce bad behaviour in game. Random hugging is just one example of bad behaviour because it represents a bad attitude on the part of the hugger towards the huggee. Particularly so in this instance because the hugger, or bastard, knew exactly what they were doing and their intention was to annoy, possibly intimidate.

Let’s take another example. The day before a noob randomly hugged. I challenged him in the way I often do. He apologised and thanked me for the heads up about in game etiquette. Now that is good manners. Another example would be if you move off the landing zone of a room before everybody has rezzed and you bump in to somebody, then you apologise. Well I try to anyway. That is good manners.

Treat others like you would like to be treated is a good rule of thumb, in my opinion. There’s no excuse for behaving like an arse. And if you do, then apologise. Is that so hard to do.

It would seem that it is for some people, therefore threads like this arise and people suggest ways things might be improved. I get the impression that some people believe is it their right to behave like an arse and think there’s something wrong with people who don’t like it. Particularly if they express their displeasure.

I suspect you, too, Mar-Mohan, know this person. I gather he someone who participates in trolling WC. He is a long standing player and his response showed he knew exactly what he was doing. So how dare you try and defend him.

Know what person?  The person who hugged you, guess what I wouldn't know the person unless you said their name as many long timers speak in WC.  I happen to know a good bit of them or help those with questions about the game when asking in WC, I send a PM so the reply to their question doesn't get lost in the mix and they see the response.

I can say that in the time I've been in the game I've rarely been hugged, had my cheek kissed, had a few random home invites and partner requests even people I've talked to doesn't seem to happen as much to them either.

O ....... M .......... G - simple good manners ................. just because you accept such behaviour does not make it ok. I don’t like being treated with disrespect, Just like most people. So everybody go hug Mar-Mohan, be rude and disrespectful and you’ll have a friend for life.

At least it means the once a day of my being randoml hugged will reduce ‘cos these people will all go hug Mar-Mohan.

If this were an RL covnersation I'd say 'watch the lips' ..................... what I, and a few others, are arguing for is to be treated decently according to accepted mores in most of the world, both real and virtual.

Not so hard to understand is it? The reason people get pissed off with you, Rob, and your funny little friends is this. You always argue in favour allowing the people who behave like total Knobheads and to continue to do so because their behaviour doesn't impinge on you. And any way you appear to suggest they have the right to piss people off by behaving like twats. You also try to trivialise what people are saying when they point out that they really don't like such behaviours as random hugging, naked wanking, rumour spreading, using alts to mess with people's heads etc. etc. etc. I refer to your supporters as your funny little friends because they back you up no matter how unsavoury your outpourings are.

Fortunately my experience with alts messing people up happenned long enough ago for me to have got over it. It happenned at a time when RL was particularly difficult so it had a greater effect on my overall wellbeing than it should. There are others playing the game who are not as resiliant as I am. I think it important to show due consideration for them. That is in addition to just trying to be a decent nomal human being.

At least the people who seem to lean towards my way of thinking do not back me up willy nilly, most make it clear they think I've said something crazy when they think I have. If you need evidence then look at some of Amelia's posts. Now I consider her a friend, not because she agrees with me some of the time but we were able to communicate about stuff we didn't agree on before she deleted her forum account.

Ignore one who you extremely do not like. You will make your space for communication easy by ignore function. Every manner is ok while it`s don't break any rule. It is difficult to make a game with tonnes of little stuff and limits and generally without sense. Game is not a real life and according with situation some real life manners can`t be viewed the same . For example, one who lead the party can hug everyone around (or new visitors) to show that they are friendly and respectful. By the fact it is random hugs, but not bad in context. If you really dont like, make them know about it and if they are respectful, they will not do that again.