3DXChat Community

Our sweet and problematic ALT`s (tech.solution)

☙𝔼𝕩❧

I suggest you read through what I've said again - you'll notice that your comments against mine have no relevance whatsoever to a simple list of fors and againsts as I see them. I think you probably want to extend my list of againsts, which is good, yeah? Any summary I attempt will be based in what I think at the time, and what I remember from the previous discussions. This is exactly the same for anybody else, no matter how careful they are to be rational about it. That's why we have discussions, yeah?

Yes, you do have some valid points but the way you've presented them makes me think you are trying harder to destroy my argument than in presenting your own. Yes I agree that previous changes haven't worked as well as people hoped, your example of the Xgold for new characters is good for this. That does not mean to say that Ex's suggestion won't. Like many things to do with people the best you can hope for is a partial success. If the incidence of bad behaviour can be reduced by say 50% that is a good thing. Just saying that previous attempts haven't worked means that future attempts won't doesn't follow, particularly when you consider, as Jess has suggested, that the introduction of the Xgold for new avis has brought about an improvement. Clearly my own experience tallies with hers in this. I believe these discussions, and the changes that have been made as a result, have brought about an improvement too. The problem hasn't gone away yet so isn't it a good idea to keep looking for ways further improvements can be brought about?

I think your point about trust is particularly good, but I would suggest that the only people who would hide are those who have a reason to hide. Those who want a bit of peace and quiet will be happy to talk about this to people they know - again the idea of a 'Do not disturb' option strikes me as useful. I wish I could remember who suggested it so I could acknowledge them. I think things are improving with building trust in game, but there is a way to go yet. It has to be said that it is the troublemakers who've made people less trusting, not the vast majority of users who are being affected by it. It's a complex issue and we could just be scratching the surface of it. No harm in trying our best with it though.

I suggest you read through what I've said again - you'll notice that your comments against mine have no relevance whatsoever to a simple list of fors and againsts as I see them. I think you probably want to extend my list of againsts, which is good, yeah? Any summary I attempt will be based in what I think at the time, and what I remember from the previous discussions. This is exactly the same for anybody else, no matter how careful they are to be rational about it. That's why we have discussions, yeah?

It's funny you always say that someone's comments have no relevance when it comes to what you have your mind set on.  They are valid points and the thought at the time of the buying of alts was supposed to help solve.  I wasn't extending anything I was stating the obvious that you failed to include that not only me but others have said.  That is what a discussion is about, both sides stating their opinion and not getting a negative attitude because it doesn't suit what we think is right.

Yes, you do have some valid points but the way you've presented them makes me think you are trying harder to destroy my argument than in presenting your own. Yes I agree that previous changes haven't worked as well as people hoped, your example of the Xgold for new characters is good for this. That does not mean to say that Ex's suggestion won't. Like many things to do with people the best you can hope for is a partial success. If the incidence of bad behaviour can be reduced by say 50% that is a good thing. Just saying that previous attempts haven't worked means that future attempts won't doesn't follow, particularly when you consider, as Jess has suggested, that the introduction of the Xgold for new avis has brought about an improvement. Clearly my own experience tallies with hers in this. I believe these discussions, and the changes that have been made as a result, have brought about an improvement too. The problem hasn't gone away yet so isn't it a good idea to keep looking for ways further improvements can be brought about?

Presented them.  I've said that long ago and you want to say I'm trying to destroy your argument.  I and others have all said the same thing, you haven't acknowledged it because it didn't match yours.  The XGold was a long ago suggestion and it hasn't stopped those who choose to stalk, play games and try to mindfuck others.  People thought it would help, it's not helped that much but maybe forced them to buy another account much like Pandora's done.  No one is saying that what the devs may do about it won't work.  Many have given reasons as to how this could hurt users that are honest.  Then ask all of 3DX if it has helped because two or a few people don't account for all the users.  A good suggestion take it down to one avi, problem solved for alt avis, it forces people to buy a new account.

I think your point about trust is particularly good, but I would suggest that the only people who would hide are those who have a reason to hide. Those who want a bit of peace and quiet will be happy to talk about this to people they know - again the idea of a 'Do not disturb' option strikes me as useful. I wish I could remember who suggested it so I could acknowledge them. I think things are improving with building trust in game, but there is a way to go yet. It has to be said that it is the troublemakers who've made people less trusting, not the vast majority of users who are being affected by it. It's a complex issue and we could just be scratching the surface of it. No harm in trying our best with it though.

Trust is and always will be a factor in any game even in real.  No some don't because of role play like a wolf and vampire, dragons and dragon slayers, furries, D/s roles.  In role play they are enemies and one person being both and others seeing you play a vampire or wolf as well can cause issues.  A person can be one thing on one of their avis and the other on another someone seeing that can cause an issue even though you're playing the game as you wish others may not like it.  Hiding them doesn't mean that you have something to hide but that would be a huge factor.  Say you're a couple and want to be alone out in public, you don't have friends on your alt avis so you two can be alone but with this you don't show your avis people will think they have something to hide but they just want to be alone to enjoy each other's company.  It is a complex issue and doing things like this, color markers and @parentnames would hurt those that play honestly.

Haven’t you just said something very similar to what I was saying? The big difference is that you think the XGold for new Avis hasn’t worked at all whereas I feel it has been a partial success.

You also don’t seem to agree that it is worth trying to improve the in game experience more.

Haven’t you just said something very similar to what I was saying? The big difference is that you think the XGold for new Avis hasn’t worked at all whereas I feel it has been a partial success.

You also don’t seem to agree that it is worth trying to improve the in game experience more.

I've been saying the same thing all along, so not sure where you're coming from.  I didn't say that.  It didn't work as well as it was thought it would.

I never said that, what I did say is that the suggestions could do more harm then good for the game.

Countless! Ciera (deleted - you can check) and me here. In game Ciera and Pandora, who rarely ventures out. What I say is consistent, even if I were arguing from a number of characters it would not invalidate the points i’m making. So saying i’m running several alts when in this discussion there’s just Perimede as me just shows that you are unable to put together a decent case.

You, RobT, have admitted to running several alts, both here and in game. Therefore, by your argument, anything you say is invalid.

To Mar, i’d say to take another look at what we are both saying and I think you’ll find there’s more we agree on than not.

I would actually like to hear an opinion on the subject from someone who hasn't had countless alts themselves yet constantly tell people how bad they are for a game so if you exist, please share your thoughts. I would be most interested in hearing what you have to say.

I don't have countless alts on here or the game.  I have MarMohan that was removed, KathrynMerteuil that had replaced it and now Mar Mohan.  In game I have MarMohan, KathrynMerteuil and KallistaEris, I did have Smurfette back in early-mid 2015 but that was deleted the same day it was done as several of us did that in Night Club to be funny.  So yes, I have been given my thoughts on the avis all along.

Countless! Ciera (deleted - you can check) and me here. In game Ciera and Pandora, who rarely ventures out. What I say is consistent, even if I were arguing from a number of characters it would not invalidate the points i’m making. So saying i’m running several alts when in this discussion there’s just Perimede as me just shows that you are unable to put together a decent case.

You, RobT, have admitted to running several alts, both here and in game. Therefore, by your argument, anything you say is invalid.

To Mar, i’d say to take another look at what we are both saying and I think you’ll find there’s more we agree on than not.

*coughs not true*

I don't need to take another look at what we've been saying, I've been saying the same thing the entire time and I've stated what I do and don't agree with making it very clear as to why.

Not quite, Rob. There are enough people concerned about poor behaviour in game to sustain several live threads at the moment. So far, it would seem, that it’s not clear what, if anything, has sufficient support to become a suggestion for the devs to consider.

Let’s keep thinking and coming with ideas, maybe revisit old ones because if we are successful and an idea is implemented it would improve the game for the vast majority. Maybe even encourage more women to join?

I’ve presented lots of data and analysed it in the time i’ve been active on the forums. I don’t remember seeing any from you, Rob. Maybe lots and countless, meaning you, one or two friends and several alts. That is not data.

As for your second point, I think that is what you are doing, along with one or two friends of yours who play the alt game. I speak as me, Desirea speaks as her, and as for anybody else ........ the same.

Not quite, Rob. There are enough people concerned about poor behaviour in game to sustain several live threads at the moment. So far, it would seem, that it’s not clear what, if anything, has sufficient support to become a suggestion for the devs to consider.

Let’s keep thinking and coming with ideas, maybe revisit old ones because if we are successful and an idea is implemented it would improve the game for the vast majority. Maybe even encourage more women to join?

Very few people are interested in this topic, I see four or five people trying to portray that they represent the feelings of several thousand people that play the game of 3dx. The reality of the situation involving the use of alts is that very few to almost nobody has anything invested in this issue. Truth.

Both deleted accounts, Rob. Compare their posts to Intercessional and DaddysGirl. Both show as banned whereas Amelia, Trance and Ciera show as guest, meaning deleted.

Get it right if you want to prove a point.

Show comparisons of my posts to those of 'Intercessional' and 'DaddysGirl' and then a proper evaluation can be made of any similarities. Until this is done, you are again guilty of harassment upon my character, which one could interpret as 'making a member of these forums 'uncomfortable' and/or bullying and a violation of these forums Terms of Service.Truth.

Just saying you, or Rob, was referring to deleted accounts as opposed to banned. A tiny, tiny difference, yeah?

I never referred to anyone being specifically banned in these forums. I made a generalization of your past behavior herein these said forums; that you are now repeating against me, though I have done nothing to warrant this harassment except differ in my opinion from yours. Truth.

Not quite, Rob. There are enough people concerned about poor behaviour in game to sustain several live threads at the moment. So far, it would seem, that it’s not clear what, if anything, has sufficient support to become a suggestion for the devs to consider.  People have always been concerned hence the cost to buy additional avis at 10K XGold and always will be.

Let’s keep thinking and coming with ideas, maybe revisit old ones because if we are successful and an idea is implemented it would improve the game for the vast majority. Maybe even encourage more women to join? Go back and revisit and you'll see the same thing being said about it.

They had more females join with that plexstorm and people freaked out about privacy being breached due to streaming  Yes they have including me because you don't know who's watching the streams and what information they can access while on that stream as this is online and anything online is a concern.  Not to mention you go to a room and someone has plexstorm, streams it without you knowing and you have sex with them, everyone else sees it and much more.

You keep mentioning how how all these people are concerned about alts yet have presented zero data to prove the point yet countless people have spoke up against it. Going by just facts and facts alone the only thing this thread and others like it have proved is most have no interest in it. Data is king  Perimede keeps saying the data from her deleted thread the one that Sage posted which was given a break down to prove it's not accurate and data pulled from the air.

While discussing something is fine, passing off what two or three people want as what 3dx as a whole wants is misleading and unhonest. That is the issue most have or would appear to have with this entire thing.  That's what keeps being said they don't speak for everyone just themselves who want this.  How many have come on here and said "Hey we want this" as I haven't seen the data to back it up.  Given reasons why things like this would cause more issues with the users is being told it's not logical even compared to speeding and drug laws as well as sexual abuse which none of this even comes close to.

I’ve presented lots of data and analysed it in the time i’ve been active on the forums. I don’t remember seeing any from you, Rob. Maybe lots and countless, meaning you, one or two friends and several alts. That is not data.  The data which you keep trying to say represents the users of 3DX doesn't exist.  You can't go by a few that have taken a poll and think they represent everyone.  I'm on a single account on the forum, I don't need an alt on here, I'm on a single account in game but I have 3 avis.  MarMohan my main, KathrynMerteuil my second as I had deleted Mar at one point but have not deleted it as there are still friends on there that haven't come back to the game since I left and don't want to lose them once they come back and added it back and KallistaEris as my build They have my alts listed on them as I don't hide who I am.

As for your second point, I think that is what you are doing, along with one or two friends of yours who play the alt game. I speak as me, Desirea speaks as her, and as for anybody else ........ the same. I don't speak for anyone but myself as I've stated above.  EllieWinters my real best friend since 14, we had a very good laugh over people thinking I was her and she was me.  She's got a mouth worse than a sailor/truck driver as the expression goes.

Personally for me who has what alts isn't an issue and I think is mostly a private matter unless they really are causing trouble and not just playing another gender or some other meaningless fantasy like that. At the end of the day people cant have it both ways either its a game and RL doesn't really matter or its not in which case it really will always be up to the person who it matters to to get the proof they require to enjoy things, since 3DX is setup to be a game with three alts. The main things that cause people to leave the game from what I have seen are crazy people, drama, and things going to far into RL. Alts can be part of the drama thing but they are a much smaller slice of it then some people think. I am not against some of the ideas personally to make alts more transparent but I think it has already happened and that it would be better at this point to either make alts transparent or make then completely private the current situation is just a source of drama. There are two thing that I think would help the game far more. Those are to actually ban trouble makers permanently, and redo the advertising half the issues here come from confused people joining the game without any understand of what it is like or about.

who mentioned you, all i said was that i would like to hear from someone who has none. As far as what you say being valid, If a person has had countless alts, even deleted a avi and moved it to another account in hopes of concealing them makes everything they say invalid on the subject if they are railing against alts  That also includes me if i was trying to tell people alts are bad. Me speaking on behalf of people with alts isn't invalid at all because i am speaking up for things i do or have. nice try though

I will use an example so that its easier to understand... If i came to forums talking about how bad the trolls are in world chat, that would be invalid because I'm one of them and would be silly at best.  Hopefully that cleared any confusion someone might have

* please show me where i said i had any current forum alts, i said no such thing*

You dont know what trolling is, how can you be a troll. You talk about trolls as about something honorable, but all trolls are sucks. Hello. I didnt see you was a troll. You tried it here few time, but fail.

It really is time this thread was locked - as always happenned back in the bad old days of a few months ago threads were derailed and turned into point scoring exercises until somebody got so pissed off they said something certain people could use to get the thread pulled. How long will it be before we see deliberate misunderstandings and teh outright bullying we saw then? It's certainly reached a borderline situation.

So just pull it in a little and start discussing stuff, not mudslinging.

To my mind the problem Ex is trying to address with her suggestion is poor behaviour in game by those people who use multiple alts to cause trouble. Xeno suggested identifying, flagging in UK English, alst as alts. Ex's suggestion shows how this could technically be possible. Mar_Mohan comes across as very frustrated because suggestions made a while back failed to get traction, I wonder why they didn't .........................

So I say to the people arguing against anything happenning - Do you or do you not feel that in game behaviour could be improved? If you do agree what do you suggest could be done, other than talking about it? If you don't agree please explain why, given that I, and a few others, have personal experience of it. And no, just saying it doesn't happen to me is not good enough because there are people who have been on the recieving end of unnacceptable behaviour, my random hugger last night being just one example.

It really is time this thread was locked - as always happenned back in the bad old days of a few months ago threads were derailed and turned into point scoring exercises until somebody got so pissed off they said something certain people could use to get the thread pulled. How long will it be before we see deliberate misunderstandings and teh outright bullying we saw then? It's certainly reached a borderline situation.  Look in the mirror.

So just pull it in a little and start discussing stuff, not mudslinging.  I've been discussing the thread and have had mudslung at me because I said it would cause more issues.

To my mind the problem Ex is trying to address with her suggestion is poor behaviour in game by those people who use multiple alts to cause trouble. Xeno suggested identifying, flagging in UK English, alst as alts. Ex's suggestion shows how this could technically be possible. Mar_Mohan comes across as very frustrated because suggestions made a while back failed to get traction, I wonder why they didn't .........................  Me frustrated?  I'm laughing my ass off reading this at how serious people get over an online game.  This game is to be enjoyed not have a shit ton of bullshit attached to it.  So don't target me and state something about me you clearly don't have a clue about.  If you remember where you asked me about the use of the word flagging - You flag someone down when in trouble or need help and draws attention to you or a person(s), you tag someone as you would in Facebook as it's the better term.

So I say to the people arguing against anything happenning - Do you or do you not feel that in game behaviour could be improved? If you do agree what do you suggest could be done, other than talking about it? If you don't agree please explain why, given that I, and a few others, have personal experience of it. And no, just saying it doesn't happen to me is not good enough because there are people who have been on the recieving end of unnacceptable behaviour, my random hugger last night being just one example.  The only way behavior is going to improve in this game is if people showed a lot more respect for each other.  Putting color markers, @parentnames or adding a little check box to show your alts aren't going to make a difference that much.  I've suggested take it down to one avi, solves the problem of alts on one account and forces those that use an alt on the same account to buy another one.  Guess who makes out with  money once again, the game owners.  I have personal experience of an alt stalking me to see what I was doing, I've had someone who was on another account to see me as well.  Random hugging, cheek kissing, invite and partner requests can be solved if they put it as a friends only feature of the game that you can turn off it you want to have anyone touch or invite you.  It's funny, I've been in this game since 2015 even with a break I've not been hugged or kissed that much from people I don't know, I get more invites or partner requests over anything, with a simple non click or deny click, solves that problem.

Im pretty sure nothing about trolling was in that post by me, you been drinking?

And trolls are awesome. Want to know how i can tell? I can post one thing, come back and read 15 comments about that one thing and watch you follow me thread to thread. So i cant be that bad at it ;)

I told not about exactly "that post". Trolls are awesome while they are silent. I agree.

I can post the same one thing and I did the same, Rob and you like a kid following anything here :) but it is not a trolling.

Have a good day  ^_^