3DXChat Community

SO GIZMO U WONT BAN ROOM STEALERS

Aliviax

Guest Stefia

there is already a solution ,stop building,lol. you guys dont get it. He makes the rules, you dont. If you dont like said rules, you stop paying for the product. Its really not that complicated.

Yes and can choose to continue slap these boys to have a game full hack.... its too an other solution one is sure Robt you do 0 rules :) and protect your friend like these is totally useless you are at his level :)

no but i can read and i understand when the owner says " Dont build if you have a problem with people copying your works". Doesnt take a dev to understand that.   call me old fashioned but i believe in sticking up for logical people 

There's nothing logical about it. It is in fact completely illogical, lazy, and very passive at the very least. It sends the message that they don't care what happens inside, as long as the money keeps rolling, all is good.

Here's a nice reminder to anyone saying... whatever a company says goes... and the customer has no say:

https://www.cnet.com/news/netflixs-lost-year-the-inside-story-of-the-price-hike-train-wreck/

You might be one who is always keen to just accept everything as is, but I am one who will always voice my opinion if I believe something is wrong and should be changed. I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with my rationale, but attempting to shut the conversation down will only anger people who are simply  having a healthy discussion about it.  

there is already a solution ,stop building,lol. you guys dont get it. He makes the rules, you dont. If you dont like said rules, you stop paying for the product. Its really not that complicated.

What's the fix for the rampant sexual abuse in the Catholic church?  Don't go to church?   I hope you see the problem with your logic. 

you keep using Netflix as an example so i will as well. 3dx isn't raising the sub price. If Netflix said no more rom coms will be watchable and the same thing happened, you would have a point. 

The point is, customers do have a say in what happens and what a company says isn't always the grand word over all. Don't be so literal. I know you are smarter than that.   (Now im not so sure)

i could ask you the same thing since you just compared stealing 3dx houses with people being sexually assaulted

It's sad that I have to explain this to a full grown adult. This only serves to show the weakness of our education system and how someone like you could fall through the cracks so easily...

You view on this topic is that...   This is how it is, deal with it or leave.

Still with me?.. ok...

I showed another example of a more extreme situation that has the exact same issues of being a problem that everyone knows about but nothing gets done about. Now how you were able to read this and come to a conclusion that I was comparing a sex game to people being sexually assaulted is beyond me. I think in the grand scheme of things, you trying to seem witty but have done nothing more than to only embarrass yourself, which you seem to do repeatedly here. But it is entertaining to watch. 

Jess out

well actually, i didn't just compare 3dx with rape, so i will leave the uneducated comments to you. seems you do them well

As a side note, might want to look into that anger management issue, its not healthy.

I can explain it to you but i can't make you understand it.

You are comparing 2 separate issues that have nothing to do with one another. Providing some common sense protection from hacks in a game is a much more easy problem to solve than world hunger. Not to take away focus that the latter is a non issue but it's a completely separate topic. No one said anything about would hunger or that it's not a problem.

Exactly who are you to dictate what should or not be said concearning this topic.

I doubt anyone cares how happy or unhappy you are to play this 'game.' I wonder how 'greatful' you'd feel if your credit card number was stolen from here. How 'happy' might someone be to share your personal information or make known your hidden perversions against you consent?

No one has a right to what anyone makes here anymore than a story written in the forums and stolen and distributed as the thief's own.

Additionally, The rules themelves state what is and what is not acceptable.

You speak of 'happiness.' Who's happiness trumps the other. The happiness of the room creator, the happiness of those grieving by stealing, or the happiness of the Sheep who are unaffected by either and don't give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves.

WHOA WHOA WHOA.... FIRST I AM YELLED AT BECAUSE I DARED TO SAY PEOPLE ARE ACTING LIKE THIS IS A LIFE OR DEATH ISSUE.... 

You are comparing 2 separate issues that have nothing to do with one another. Providing some common sense protection from hacks in a game is a much more easy problem to solve than world hunger. Not to take away focus that the latter is a non issue but it's a completely separate topic. No one said anything about would hunger or that it's not a problem.

WHOA WHOA WHOA.... FIRST I AM YELLED AT BECAUSE I DARED TO SAY PEOPLE ARE ACTING LIKE THIS IS A LIFE OR DEATH ISSUE.... 

it's not a life or death issue. Just a one of problems and ppl love to be in discussion. So, it's ok. Why do you think people acting like that?

Idea is simple. Folks which rooms was stolen have a bad feel. One by one trying to put the same broken cent and silly repeating words what we knew is not a solution. I still hope to see an idea. Not "parrots".

I go into few rooms, Sin, Jazzy, Roguee's and occasionally a friend's, for the most part I room hop. Very few times do I even pay attention to whose room it is. 

Now, that said, IF I had been treated with an IOTA of respect I would have been more than happy to avoid certain people's rooms, again, IF I were told whether here or in PM whose rooms to avoid. 

I don't want to support thieves and I said that MANY posts ago, but was ignored, so that the drama could continue. When you get to 150 posts and all you guys are doing is going round and round and not OFFERING ANY IDEAS of how to deal with this but banning people...  you've lost perspective.

Much like what the US has been going through for the last 30 years BOTH SIDES WANT WHAT THEY WANT AND ARE UNWILLING TO COMPROMISE... SO NOTHING GETS DONE AND THOSE WHO WANT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ADULTS BEING ADULTS AND GETTING THINGS DONE THROUGH COMPROMISES AND AGREEMENTS INSTEAD OF ULTIMATUMS ARE CONSIDERED "SHEEPLE" AND BELITTLED BY BOTH SIDES... VOTER TURNOUT SUFFERS AND WE END UP WITH THE WORST POSSIBLE LEADERS IN THE FREE WORLD RUNNING AGAINST EACH OTHER (NOT THAT IT MATTERS BUT I WAS A BERNIE MAN, HE WANTED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES AND THE OTHER 2 JUST WANTED TO SPEW HATRED... MORE THINGS WOULD GET DONE AND THE USA WOULD BE A MUCH HAPPIER PLACE... WE CAN SHRINK THAT TO THIS THREAD... WORK ON SOLUTIONS THAT ARE FAIR AND NOT ULTIMATUMS.

If i run a business and you are a customer and I have certain rules that you agreed to and then decided you don't like those rulse you agreed to and so I need to change them or you will bring drama and leave and not even offer a solution of us working on the issue together to reach a conclusion beneficial to everyone.. I'm going to say, "there's the door. My business, you may be a loyal customer and I value you, BUT don't tell me how to run my business after you agreed to the rules."

That's how I as an outsider see it. You can be little me, talk down to me and treat me like shit as some already have over this. Again, to be honest, I'm done trying to help. I think perspective is so far gone for some of you and that you are so wrapped up in this self afflicted drama that you couldn't give 2 shits about your friends here because you WANT, no you DEMAND to get what you want at any cost, even if you have to leave... to those that extreme I say goodbye... I guess, you lost the battle because you could careless about others.

Then why dont us builders, yes including me, but ah dunn open mah rooms due to this fiasco lol. As ah was saying why dont tha builders start a Builders thread. When we make a new room we can post one pic of tha finished overview of eets, that which easily identifies eet when completed and just before you officially open eet.

Remembs do not load tha room just work in Editor and save room to file until completed.

This way we have a date on completion, tha room builders name and some proof who owns what also adding if eet had been shared and who with. All rooms that don't exist in this thread are no good and will be bulldozed :P

This might not work but eet might hilp ah dunno, ah dunn see anyone actually doing anyting about this or even trying, all ah see is a lot of angree peeps expecting the Devs to do something when they clearly don't give AF!

So DO SOMETHING!

I go into few rooms, Sin, Jazzy, Roguee's and occasionally a friend's, for the most part I room hop. Very few times do I even pay attention to whose room it is. 

Now, that said, IF I had been treated with an IOTA of respect I would have been more than happy to avoid certain people's rooms, again, IF I were told whether here or in PM whose rooms to avoid. 

I don't want to support thieves and I said that MANY posts ago, but was ignored, so that the drama could continue. When you get to 150 posts and all you guys are doing is going round and round and not OFFERING ANY IDEAS of how to deal with this but banning people...  you've lost perspective.

Much like what the US has been going through for the last 30 years BOTH SIDES WANT WHAT THEY WANT AND ARE UNWILLING TO COMPROMISE... SO NOTHING GETS DONE AND THOSE WHO WANT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ADULTS BEING ADULTS AND GETTING THINGS DONE THROUGH COMPROMISES AND AGREEMENTS INSTEAD OF ULTIMATUMS ARE CONSIDERED "SHEEPLE" AND BELITTLED BY BOTH SIDES... VOTER TURNOUT SUFFERS AND WE END UP WITH THE WORST POSSIBLE LEADERS IN THE FREE WORLD RUNNING AGAINST EACH OTHER (NOT THAT IT MATTERS BUT I WAS A BERNIE MAN, HE WANTED TO ADDRESS THE ISSUES AND THE OTHER 2 JUST WANTED TO SPEW HATRED... MORE THINGS WOULD GET DONE AND THE USA WOULD BE A MUCH HAPPIER PLACE... WE CAN SHRINK THAT TO THIS THREAD... WORK ON SOLUTIONS THAT ARE FAIR AND NOT ULTIMATUMS.

If i run a business and you are a customer and I have certain rules that you agreed to and then decided you don't like those rulse you agreed to and so I need to change them or you will bring drama and leave and not even offer a solution of us working on the issue together to reach a conclusion beneficial to everyone.. I'm going to say, "there's the door. My business, you may be a loyal customer and I value you, BUT don't tell me how to run my business after you agreed to the rules."

That's how I as an outsider see it. You can be little me, talk down to me and treat me like shit as some already have over this. Again, to be honest, I'm done trying to help. I think perspective is so far gone for some of you and that you are so wrapped up in this self afflicted drama that you couldn't give 2 shits about your friends here because you WANT, no you DEMAND to get what you want at any cost, even if you have to leave... to those that extreme I say goodbye... I guess, you lost the battle because you could careless about others.

Who did broke any rule? From dev side it was not a rule, suggestion to do not create a room. Here was few ideas. First is to do the same as in other games. Protect files by code. It`s normal and best solution on my opinion. I bad understand what you told about friends, 2 shits and rooms. You are very emotional. Ideas can`t be here cuz of few folks who trying to put that gizmo`s quote all the time. 

Then why dont us builders, yes including me, but ah dunn open mah rooms due to this fiasco lol. As ah was saying why dont tha builders start a Builders thread. When we make a new room we can post one pic of tha finished overview of eets, that which easily identifies eet when completed and just before you officially open eet.

Remembs do not load tha room just work in Editor and save room to file until completed.

This way we have a date on completion, tha room builders name and some proof who owns what also adding if eet had been shared and who with. All rooms that don't exist in this thread are no good and will be bulldozed :P

This might not work but eet might hilp ah dunno, ah dunn see anyone actually doing anyting about this or even trying, all ah see is a lot of angree peeps expecting the Devs to do something when they clearly don't give AF!

So DO SOMETHING!

This is a good start and it's something rather than nothing.  :)

ok as per Allie's idea... I did make a thread for us to post our rooms to have a date and show ownership. Maybe this can help the issue. All we can do is try.

It can be found here: http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/7091-official-room-ownership-thread/

I already suggested that loooong ago.

I am not a computer wiz by any means nor am I claiming to have the ultimate solution... this is just a simple thought...

If the devs enforce a rule in the rule book/tos or whatever, that stealing a room without the creators consent can result in some form of punishment, ban or whatever works.

Then maybe some sort of uploading room data on the server with a date, or on some part of the website, that then the people in charge can go and check when a person reports someone stealing their room? but I believe that I read that this can be hard due to some server overload or something....

in case the uploading data to server is a sure no go, a work around could be that people who create rooms can post pics of them here on the forums,(in a designated thread) before they open the room publicly, consider it registering your rooms or something... those pics can be then used as evidence that the room is theirs in case the room resurfaced later by another person? and person who posts a complaint that their room was stolen should be asked to provide photos of the room when it was opened by someone else and the link to their forum post that contains the photos of it. if people failed to provide such link or simply didn't upload photos of their room, then it's their fault and they have no one but them selves to blame.

ofc I get that doing this will take the thrill of opening room and hearing comments of the wow'd people as they see it for the first time.

also on the other side, if the person didn't upload anything and his/her room got stolen, then the thief uploaded before them... then the original creator might find themselves on the wrong end of the bat.

well... just a thought.

also we have a thread for that already...http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5927-share-your-world-editor-creations/

not really sure that having multiple threads for that same thing is a great idea.

I already suggested that loooong ago.

also we have a thread for that already...http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/5927-share-your-world-editor-creations/

not really sure that having multiple threads for that same thing is a great idea.

its not multiple threads on the same topic.

The one I created has 1 sole purpose of authenticating ownership of a room. Also the label as "sharing" rooms can obviously taken the wrong way.

Hope the estate of Mondrian doesn't come after me for replicating his art...

Mondrian_cropped.jpg

Being a builder I fully understand the pain of working constantly for days or weeks on something, how long it takes of ur time, how much mental energy gets put into deciding what goes where, what proportions to use, how to design it, what textures, the fiddling around for hours getting surfaces/objects just right down to the tiniest detail, lighting it just right, it's not easy and does take a lot of time to do, those who don't build probably don't really understand what is personally invested in creating something. It is laborious and takes shitloads of your mental energy and manual dexterity. It is painfully slow to do if u do it right and have good detail, so u invest a lot of ur time doing it which is def worth something. But u have to live within the boundaries of the world u r operating in, and as Gizmo has stated clearly, as soon as it is put up on 3DX it belongs to everyone, u just have to live with that and accept the rules until they are made otherwise.

I self-produced an album of covers back in 2007, I funded it, engineered it, played all the digital instruments of which there were many layers, arranged the orchestrations, sang on it, did it all myself, then released it. From concept to release it took me a constant 9 months of my time day in day out. It was nowhere near perfect, but I wanted to make it and have it out in the world so I did it. After not more than a year, tracks from it started popping up on all sorts of music download sites around the world, at first I was miffed but pretty much straight away I decided it was more a compliment than anything else. If it had been a project purely to make an income I would have been more upset because they would have been stealing income, but it was never going to make me money, just something I wanted to share with the world so I didn't bother too much and focused on being happy that others liked some of my tracks enough to want to share them. It meant the music was good.

With 3DX room building I see it the same way, you make something to share with other people, just put it out there for others to enjoy and not to make an income from, if someone happened to steal it and use it themselves, you have two options, you can get upset about it (and yes, it can create feelings of resentment when u have worked ur arse off for sometimes weeks to make something original only to have someone else who did no work at all on it 'owning' it and not having earned it,) or you can see it as a compliment and that you created something other people want and see value in and just be philosophical about it. I would like to see something added to the game to protect people's hard-earned creations, it would be a nice thing and stop the best builders leaving the game, but knowing that is not goin to happen I have to just accept things as they are and live with the possibility what I have made will not be secure.

You need to "live" with the idea that not everyone thinks like you do. You can "live with it and accept it" others are not willing to just accept it. No one is asking you to take part. if you are happy with how things are then relax and enjoy. You don't need to remind us what gizmo already said. Its already been stated in this this thread many many many many many many many many many many many many many times.  ;)