3DXChat Community

************Petition For Ban/Eject Button for Room Owners*********

DJMikeBurleigh

Have to admit for the most part i like the idea.  Only real concern i have for it is very simple, your avatar name have been berated for mine with out anyone actually just talking to me.  Other than that i have nothing bad to say about the concept.  Might i note that i took the name long before the election ended.  All i ask of others it dont judge an avatar by its name before u ban or eject go off of spirit of the room title actual beligerant behavior.

I have to say, in some ways 3DX has it all over MNF club, but there are some very basic things MNF have like this that just make sense.  MNF now allows individual boot from room.   Obviously the architecture is entirely different and overall I love 3DX so far (other than my alts not being private)

they also seem to handle colds better on average (but, I would also say there are more clueless people there which is one fo the reasons I am now HERE . )

• 2 weeks later...

On IMVU there is a book that if we right click on the person we can kick them out of the room.  You can even set up other users to be mods in your room to boot others out when needed and the user can't come back in your room for a certain period of time.  The ignore feature they can't by pass unless they make a new account to come into your room.  There isn't a choice for the ignore it's full so you never have to see them on that account unless you remove them.

Count me as signed.

I have had people in my room causing problems and I iggied them.   The person was lured out of the room by someone else which should have prevented them from coming back since they were fully blocked by me and should not see my room but they managed to come back into my room multiple that same evening.

Does it take the room list time to update it's filter so that person could still see my room and join?

Is that person using a mod that allows them to enter rooms of people they were blocked by?  I can see how easily this could be done by someone with programming experience knowing how the rooms are loaded.  I do not know if there is anything during the loading of a room that would then filter someone out or if that is entirely handled by just not producing the room list with your room listed.

Or is there another possible way for them to come back in that I have not thought of yet?

My thoughts on booting people.

As RobT pointed out, making a request too complex is a sure fire way to get it ignored or delayed.   
Many people have ideas about what should be provided and how it might be accomplished but without knowing the structure of the system and how the client/server relationship works with the related code you can create greater confusion.  In a long thread making too many suggestions may actually prevent devs from following thoroughly enough to fully understand what is being asked.  Just too much information overload and the brain shuts down or puts on blinders to some of what is happening.

What might be more beneficial is to have a discussion of what we would like to see until we get a full picture of what everyone would like to see available.

Another discussion of how it might be implemented can happen but would be best done after developing the idea first as the approach to take can vary greatly based on the specifics of the request.   In some cases once the full scope of what is wanted has been identified it is possible to develop a phased approach that would be minimal effort to add aspects of the requested feature while building to full functionality over time.   Too large a change at any one time is more likely to make the system unstable especially if it involves different areas of the code and between server and client side software so this can be really important if you ever want a project to get off the ground.  If too much change is required at one time the project is likely to get bumped by other changes.

My suggestion, as I stated above, discuss the needs first, then discuss possible methods if you like though any good programmer is going to evaluate the how on their own.    Finally take the fully formulated idea and present it by itself without all the discussion around it so that the devs get just the fleshed out idea and the reasons behind it rather than page after page of thoughts, opinions, arguments, etc.  It is much easier to accept and act upon requests like this than trying to follow one or more discussions and filter out the important bits.

Now.  One incentive that can be pointed out to making this option available is that once you block someone from your room and they remain blocked they can only get back in and be a nuisance again by creating a new account and we all know that money talks a lot louder than our tiny 3DXChat voices can.  So some of these offenders will indeed go out and open a new account in order to come in and be a problem again so by giving us this feature they will be ensuring additional income from at least a few of the more pernicious people.

My thought for an easy implementation for booting is to force a respawn of everyone currently in the room.   You can first iggy the problem person, force reload the room and everyone is back in without that person.   That would be disruptive to everyone in your room though.

I favor booting without iggying as there are occasions where someone may have just gone AFK and is not a problem except that they are blocking something in the room.

• 8 months later...

So many on my ignore list are there simply because they cannot behave in our rooms.  Boot them a couple of times and they will learn what proper behavior is.  IMVU has option of booting with a 15 minute ban or booting with a permanent ban.  Works perfectly.  I have never understood why this game does not have the same option.  It's way past time for it.

The description is short and sweet.  I suspect that the implementation is not.

I completely agree that this is a good feature that would make things better in the game.  I'm just saying that the fact that it's not here yet doesn't necessarily mean that Gizmo doesn't want to do it.  It may just be hard/destabilizing to fit it into the current codebase. 

This option would be a very good add, way more than the jaw breaking pose... i mean the slap pose.

Before the version 2.5, sex was not allowed in my club and it was yet boring when peoples transgressed the rule and i needed to close the room to eject them then reopen it.

When 2.5 (and so the world editor) came, i made a new vamp's crypt and put in it 3 rooms dedicated to sex which i called "Sex Zone". Few time ago, someone came in my club, moved to the underground floor (where the zone is) and started sex on the couch in front of the strip poles. An "Eject" button would have be usefull lol.

So many on my ignore list are there simply because they cannot behave in our rooms.  Boot them a couple of times and they will learn what proper behavior is.  IMVU has option of booting with a 15 minute ban or booting with a permanent ban.  Works perfectly.  I have never understood why this game does not have the same option.  It's way past time for it.

You're right.  IMVU has implemented it well.  You really have enough control to keep out those you don't want in.  Have the right people as mods and your room can pretty much be drama free (or as close as you can get to it...lol).  I have issues with IMVU for a ton of reasons (and why i'm not there any longer), but never had a problem with their implementation of room moderation.

The description is short and sweet.  I suspect that the implementation is not.

I completely agree that this is a good feature that would make things better in the game.  I'm just saying that the fact that it's not here yet doesn't necessarily mean that Gizmo doesn't want to do it.  It may just be hard/destabilizing to fit it into the current codebase. 

Unfortunately, I think it's this ^^.  Implementing on IMVU and 3dx are (I am assuming) two completely different beasts.  Plus, I could be wrong, but I think IMVU corp has a much larger in-house development staff.  According to Wiki they have 50 employees, but another data mining site says that they have upwards of 500+ (as of 2019...but this could include help desk, mods, ect).  At the very least, if you look at their career job openings section https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/imvu they have 8 actual development jobs open.  Lends to reason that their existing staff is probably far more capable than what 3dx has at the moment.

(1) Room owner and selected people (Room Mods) to Boot/Ban

(2) Room owner and Room Mods see everyone just in that club only, regardless of being on the ignore list or not - failing that they just put people on ignore and continue causing trouble

(3) As in (2) a list of all in the room instead of looking for them or having to use chat to select them.  If they don't post or reply you have no way to select them.  Unless it's on the selected person pop up list.

Just quick, select name, gone.  Mods report back to Room Owner the reason and the Owner can change the decision.  It should be common sense to add this and the sooner the better.  

You're right.  IMVU has implemented it well.  You really have enough control to keep out those you don't want in.  Have the right people as mods and your room can pretty much be drama free (or as close as you can get to it...lol).  I have issues with IMVU for a ton of reasons (and why i'm not there any longer), but never had a problem with their implementation of room moderation.

Unfortunately, I think it's this ^^.  Implementing on IMVU and 3dx are (I am assuming) two completely different beasts.  Plus, I could be wrong, but I think IMVU corp has a much larger in-house development staff.  According to Wiki they have 50 employees, but another data mining site says that they have upwards of 500+ (as of 2019...but this could include help desk, mods, ect).  At the very least, if you look at their career job openings section https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/imvu they have 8 actual development jobs open.  Lends to reason that their existing staff is probably far more capable than what 3dx has at the moment.

I am sure that no one is making the assumption that it will be easy.  True it should have been written into the program from the beginning, but hind sight, as they say, is 20/20.  This has been on our wish list so long I think we just want to make sure it does not fall off Gizmo's radar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I Understand I am Newer here, but i think for those that I have spoken with and interacted with this is something that is way overdue. Personally i am sick of putting up Rules for My room (Usually Two 1. No Colds 2. Have fun) and then having zero control if someone breaks the rule. As a room owner and DJ I am asking for those that support this to get behind Me , and show Your support in hopes that the Platform Creators can make a change ASAP. I know some here think they have the right to just abuse others, but I frankly have had Enough. Yes i am new, but this isn't My first rodeo so to speak. I have been in Virtual platforms 15 years, and i have never saw a platform without these simple controls. There are lots of room that allow colds its posted normally, and that is their right. It is also my right to not allow colds, and have simple tools to prevent it. So please get behind Me on this, and for the Platform Creators if you are listening Respectfully please listen to Your paying Customers. 

DJ Mike "The Magic Man " Out for Now See ya in world 

You have the right idea, but I doubt it will ever happen. If you're tired of random people breaking rules in your own room, then you should try setting your room to Group or Friends only. This might decrease your audience count by some, but it is an alternative. You can also just iggy the person causing trouble and they won't be able to enter your room the next time you open. Another way to stop trolls is to prevent them from having a reason to troll you in the first place. 

Having been here for 5 years, I have yet to be trolled or bullied by anyone (mostly cuz they know I'll get them right back but eh) because I'm kind and respectful to everyone. Plus, who would say no to this cute face? 

Hello, I Understand I am Newer here, but i think for those that I have spoken with and interacted with this is something that is way overdue. Personally i am sick of putting up Rules for My room (Usually Two 1. No Colds 2. Have fun) and then having zero control if someone breaks the rule. As a room owner and DJ I am asking for those that support this to get behind Me , and show Your support in hopes that the Platform Creators can make a change ASAP. I know some here think they have the right to just abuse others, but I frankly have had Enough. Yes i am new, but this isn't My first rodeo so to speak. I have been in Virtual platforms 15 years, and i have never saw a platform without these simple controls. There are lots of room that allow colds its posted normally, and that is their right. It is also my right to not allow colds, and have simple tools to prevent it. So please get behind Me on this, and for the Platform Creators if you are listening Respectfully please listen to Your paying Customers. 

DJ Mike "The Magic Man " Out for Now See ya in world 

SIGNED

• 2 months later...