3DXChat Community

************Petition For Ban/Eject Button for Room Owners*********

DJMikeBurleigh

Petition For Ban/Eject Button for Room Owners

Hello, I Understand I am Newer here, but i think for those that I have spoken with and interacted with this is something that is way overdue. Personally i am sick of putting up Rules for My room (Usually Two 1. No Colds 2. Have fun) and then having zero control if someone breaks the rule. As a room owner and DJ I am asking for those that support this to get behind Me , and show Your support in hopes that the Platform Creators can make a change ASAP. I know some here think they have the right to just abuse others, but I frankly have had Enough. Yes i am new, but this isn't My first rodeo so to speak. I have been in Virtual platforms 15 years, and i have never saw a platform without these simple controls. There are lots of room that allow colds its posted normally, and that is their right. It is also my right to not allow colds, and have simple tools to prevent it. So please get behind Me on this, and for the Platform Creators if you are listening Respectfully please listen to Your paying Customers. 

DJ Mike "The Magic Man " Out for Now See ya in world 

The option for room owners, or room hosts assigned by the room owner, to be able to boot troublemakers out of the room, is long overdue! As with ignore, there should be choices. Temporary for X minutes, temporary for 24 hours, or permanent, come to mind. We all pay to enjoy 3DXChat, but those who enjoy ruining others enjoyment have a lesson to learn. Developers, please, let's get this done!

Gizmo did say he would be adding a boot from room feature, although it was quite some time ago and has not been added yet.

Hopefully he will see this thread and where it has also been mentioned in other threads lately and will remember he needs to add it.

It is something that has been continually asked for for years now and is also rather easily done.

As Rob pointed out all that is needed is a boot from room button, that only comes up for room owners, then the iggy can do the rest.

We have been asking for that option for a long time, thing is, some times people just need to be asked by room owners not to do something. Some do not know the rules being new in the game and assume sex is easy to obtain where ever they go. Others like me cold because it has a louder sound, hint hint a way to send a shout would be nice since room tend to be filled with zombies or mannequins, (STRIKE a pose). But boot out of the room option for room owners would be nice.  :ph34r:  

Hello, I Understand I am Newer here, but i think for those that I have spoken with and interacted with this is something that is way overdue. Personally i am sick of putting up Rules for My room (Usually Two 1. No Colds 2. Have fun) and then having zero control if someone breaks the rule. As a room owner and DJ I am asking for those that support this to get behind Me , and show Your support in hopes that the Platform Creators can make a change ASAP. I know some here think they have the right to just abuse others, but I frankly have had Enough. Yes i am new, but this isn't My first rodeo so to speak. I have been in Virtual platforms 15 years, and i have never saw a platform without these simple controls. There are lots of room that allow colds its posted normally, and that is their right. It is also my right to not allow colds, and have simple tools to prevent it. So please get behind Me on this, and for the Platform Creators if you are listening Respectfully please listen to Your paying Customers. 

*signed

Same here was in a friends room discussing this. There was a cold who was harassing a few people in the room and he was trying to invite me like 7 times while I was with someone. He did this to other people in the room as well. He did end up on a few ignore lists that night but a boot feature would be nice for this and think you for your post OP :)

But thumbs up !

e9947de084a89a7647d49669caf7e23c.jpg

/signed

One thing that I think should be mentioned, is that in any thread where this has been asked for there has not been one person that has been against it, which is really rare for this forum, lol

So Gizmo if you read this, you really should do something about adding it, everyone wants it to be added with no objections.

Stop just leaving it or possibly forgetting about it, it is a very important feature to a lot of people, and not just room owners, everyone in a room is effected when someone decides to make a disturbance and cannot be ejected from that room.

Personally I think a ban button is appropriate also and is not difficult to add.

There may be people you just dont want to come in your property for whatever reason, but outside of it you can care less. 

I'd like to see kick/ban rights to your property be able to be given to those you trust too. 

Another reason for a ban feature. Someone you trust should be able to ban someone from your room. With just Iggy, that can't be done.

I agree that a ban button would be really good as well but although it may be something easy to do it does involve a lot more work than just a boot from room button.

A boot from room can be set up using existing scripting already in the game with just some minor alterations.

The scripting used for us to click to go to our own rooms can be converted to allow us to send someone back to their room.

A ban button however would require storing information on the server and although should be easy to do, it does make it then not just a really simple addition.

Maybe something could be added to the iggy system though, a ban from room check box in there shouldn't be to hard to add.

Allowing friends to be able to kick and ban from others rooms gets even more complicated and again then needs information to be stored on the server.

That I think would actually involve quite a bit of work and although would be good to have I think the work required would be to much.

That couldn't be done by adding something to anything already existing like the iggy system, a whole new database would likely need to be created just for it.

I am not meaning to be argumentative here, more trying to help people understand what is involved in adding different features.

I am lucky where I have people here at home that I can ask what is involved.

I feel if it is kept rather simple and easy to add we would have more chance of convincing Gizmo to add it.

So my suggestion is now we ask for both a boot from room button for room owners, that sends a player back to their own room.

And a ban from room check box addition to the iggy system.

Plus it would also be good to have it so when we boot a player from our room, then that ban from room check box is automatically checked as well.

Edited to add...

To explain things a little bit further, even just to add the ban from room feature it does get more complicated than just adding a boot button.

Scripting then needs to be created so when we view the rooms lists any player that is banned from rooms will not see those rooms in the list.

Similar scripting is already done for players that are on our iggy, but would need to be converted.

Also extra fields would need to be added to the existing database and scripting to access them.

The boot from room button will likely only involve scripting, unless information about the player we wish to boot is not readily available from just selecting that player, like maybe it needs the player id and the script may have to access the database to find it.

We need this badly. Too often griefers come in just to cause problems. Having this feature would mean more control of our time on 3dxchat. We should not be slaves to others misbehavior, and be allowed to exercise control over our private rooms. Developers please take this seriously and get it implemented quickly.

agreed Carus

Personally, I don't think it would take Gizmo more than a few hours to create ban/kick and  add ability for  those trusted to kick/ban.

He seems pretty clever.

The kick and ban features shouldn't take very long to sort out yes, but a system to allow others to be able to do the same for your room would involve a lot more work.

At one time, not sure where it was, but I drew up a pic of how the ban feature could be added and explained a way I thought it could be done, I don't know if you saw that.

It was then that Gizmo said he would add the feature, was quite a while ago and later he did say in a message he replied to me with that he will be adding it.

To allow others to be able to do it for you, a system would need to be worked out, and when you think about it it does get rather complicated.

How do we select which friends can do this for us, where do we do that, will it need a whole new pop up and so on.

Thinking of the best way to place these things can take a while on it's own.

Maybe we should try to think of where this can be done and how it would be best done, after all we are the ones with the experience in using the game features.

Gizmo has often shown he does really appreciate people that go to that effort and has actually added some things that way.

The kick and ban features shouldn't take very long to sort out yes, but a system to allow others to be able to do the same for your room would involve a lot more work.

At one time, not sure where it was, but I drew up a pic of how the ban feature could be added and explained a way I thought it could be done, I don't know if you saw that.

It was then that Gizmo said he would add the feature, was quite a while ago and later he did say in a message he replied to me with that he will be adding it.

To allow others to be able to do it for you, a system would need to be worked out, and when you think about it it does get rather complicated.

How do we select which friends can do this for us, where do we do that, will it need a whole new pop up and so on.

Thinking of the best way to place these things can take a while on it's own.

Maybe we should try to think of where this can be done and how it would be best done, after all we are the ones with the experience in using the game features.

Gizmo has often shown he does really appreciate people that go to that effort and has actually added some things that way.

It really isn't that difficult. This feature is used in other worlds.

As for the "how" well you may use a list similar to what already exists, only you can type names into manually.

It could also be a feature in the world editor. A feature where there is a permission list with drop down lists you can add names to that can be limited to just a kick, or kick and ban.

I seriously dont think it would take him long to create. He does far more complex things than this.

It really isn't that difficult. This feature is used in other worlds.

As for the "how" well you may use a list similar to what already exists, only you can type names into manually.

It could also be a feature in the world editor. A feature where there is a permission list with drop down lists you can add names to that can be limited to just a kick, or kick and ban.

I seriously dont think it would take him long to create. He does far more complex things than this.

Yes the world editor would be a good place to put it.

Likely it would need to be something like your friends list comes up but with check boxes to select who gets what permissions.

One thing I have noticed is that something that should just take a few hours does take him a lot longer, not saying he is slow at it, I feel if he could just sit and do that alone he would take that amount of time.

I think he is doing everything at the moment, the forum, reports, looking after the other games ect.

I truly believe he intends to add something as far as the boot feature goes, and maybe more to it.

He not only said he would add it, he also said he felt it was needed, I was surprised when it wasn't added when the world editor came out.

I didn't see this talked about (unless I missed it) but there is another thing to room bans that is also important.  The room owner should not be able to be fully ignored and invisible in their property/world whatever you want to call it.. Nor should anyone designated.

Ex's:

1. Someone jumps to you room and immediately iggies you so you can't see them. (owner)

2. Someone you designate the ability to just kick but not ban,... or has both abilities kick/ban. .(Room moderators).

Visibility of participants in a room by mods is essential. You can't kick/ban someone you can't see. Room permission should override the total ignore invisibility,