3DXChat Community

CONFEDERATION FLAG - ABOUT

BIALAETICAT

Honestly Allie was the one who blew it up. No one called you racist. That reiterates that you’re taking this way out of proportion. The controversy of the flag is the reason it was brought to your attention. If you’re willing to accept that you could seriously offend someone and not on a troll level.. then that’s on you. But I will repeat... NO ONE CALLED YOU RACIST.

For the record jimmy did pm her and was polite about it. She just decided to ignore it and start drama in a forum thread. So whos the troll now, i will let you figure that one out.

Β 

Questioning someone with a racist symbol in his or her room isnt trolling at all. Nor is responding to a statement in a forum thread. Nice try, try again

I don`t know who is this jimmy, there many jimmies in the game. I haven`t seen this action cuz I am rare check our world chat, but I don`tΒ  think that after one polite /pm someone will come on the forum to create a whole topic. for real? is it true? I just don`t know, thats why I asking.

the problem is that people here play words on the air and think that it's okay, if I was not called a racist directly indirectly so because of what many understand who puts a flag that some say is racist evidently accepted it, it's not my case and I said , but people think so and this harms me because I open my rooms and who wants to come to my room because these people indirectly put me as a racist .. I just put the photo of a great American series where the protagonists used the flag in their car, They were just as talkative as I was because I had the flag in the car, of course not because it did not matter to anyone that they were labeled racist. that simple...

Dukes of Hazard isn't on air anymore and if it was scheduled it was pulled because of the flag along with many other things that has it due to what it's considered.Β  Government offices that hung it have since removed it due to it being considered as a support for racism along with many other places.Β  There are rules to this game for a reason so everyone that joins can come here and enjoy it no matter their race, sex and so on.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1425-3dxchat-community-rules/

you are a sociable person, good, nice, always ready to help those who ask for your help and above all very sensitive, unfortunately the world, as well as this chat, is full of idiots who pollute the air with their presence and the nonsense that they say, otherwise we will not have the problem of the ozone hole ... your rooms are the place where I and others like me find more pleasure to be, where you meet beautiful people like you and where any one can feel at home, so do not consider the crap that some idiots say about you, because those who know you know that they are all lies and knows how much you are worth

As with most potentially hurtful things, intent means more than action.Β  And this goes both ways.Β  A racist can make anything a slur, from a white sheet, to the word "monkey," to the word "sir."Β  It's easy for a non-racist to stumble across one of these slurs and accidentally offend someone.Β  People being offended should look at the offender's intent, not her action.Β  Was she trying to offend?Β  Was she trying to exclude?Β  Did she know how her actions were being interpreted? Β 

Β 

Bialaeticat, you did nothing wrong by hanging a flag in your room, because it wasn't your intent to exclude people or make them uncomfortable.Β  You're not a racist for having a confederate flag in your room.

Β 

However, you did something very right by taking the flag down.Β  Whether reasonable or not, and regardless of the legality of it, that flag was making some of your visitors uncomfortable.Β  And, since making them uncomfortable was not your intent, it was good to take it down.

Β 

That other people use similar imagery is immaterial.Β  There were people offended by the Dukes of Hazard.Β  There are people offended by Kid Rock.Β  It is better to stick to your intent (not to exclude people) and choose your actions appropriately (the way you took the flag down when you learned how people were interpreting it) than it is to try to justify yourself.Β  You have nothing that needs justifying. Β 

Β 

Tlaera

As with most potentially hurtful things, intent means more than action.Β  And this goes both ways.Β  A racist can make anything a slur, from a white sheet, to the word "monkey," to the word "sir."Β  It's easy for a non-racist to stumble across one of these slurs and accidentally offend someone.Β  People being offended should look at the offender's intent, not her action.Β  Was she trying to offend?Β  Was she trying to exclude?Β  Did she know how her actions were being interpreted? Β 

Β 

Bialaeticat, you did nothing wrong by hanging a flag in your room, because it wasn't your intent to exclude people or make them uncomfortable.Β  You're not a racist for having a confederate flag in your room.

Β 

However, you did something very right by taking the flag down.Β  Whether reasonable or not, and regardless of the legality of it, that flag was making some of your visitors uncomfortable.Β  And, since making them uncomfortable was not your intent, it was good to take it down.

Β 

That other people use similar imagery is immaterial.Β  There were people offended by the Dukes of Hazard.Β  There are people offended by Kid Rock.Β  It is better to stick to your intent (not to exclude people) and choose your actions appropriately (the way you took the flag down when you learned how people were interpreting it) than it is to try to justify yourself.Β  You have nothing that needs justifying. Β 

Β 

Tlaera

Well said.

Something has come to my attention lately and that's the selective enforcement on the rules, you get major backlash simply for having a confederate flag (Albeit it can be considered racist). But other rooms get away with their bullshit on daily basis, and whenever someone reports them NOTHING is done whatsoever towards that cause. How is it fair to target one person who Isn't even American to make them feel bad? I swear this site is starting to become more like Twitch where the rules won't apply to you if you fall within a certain category. So as a little protest I'll be rocking this flag from now on until they decide to be equal about the situation, and shame on you for feeling offended for other people.Β 

Β 

if-you-are-a-gay-nazi-comunist-redneck-h

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Tlaera

Β 

Ah the voice of good sense :-)

Β 

What I find worrying is the apparrent difficulty some people have with accepting that Bia's intent was not to promote racism and have used that as a way of making her feel she has to justify herself. I'm also worried that this sort of behaviour is creeping back in to the forums after a couple or three months relative calm. Yeah, I know this is potentially an emotive issue, and one which people hold strong opinions. It is still possible to discuss these things without anybody going off on one.

giphy.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

and besides that: [3dxchat-forum] always amazing and at its best: [starts as a flag topic],
[shortly||then] turns into a [futaNgenderwars] thread on its way with some bear knuckle fights, to finally

end up, [with other fallen bags of rice] probably made, or reimported in china, korea, vietnam or any country - of ur choice!

Β 

ps:

and btw, some ppl with a [straight]s [master race idiology] should maybe acknowledge, accept n realize, that they're NOT alone on this planet with

there sexual preferences and, or, orientations and probably, maybe, eventually, should also #NOT always, put evrything into #1basket and #not: #calleverybody:

Β 

Β 

Β 

giphy.gif

Β 

giphy.gif