3DXChat Community

Too much resources needed

Alieth

I have made the experience in 2, with one of these heavy rooms. It was laggy, I turned off the music no more lag....You turn off the music and the memory leak is less important. Now Streams use brandwidth. If you received data slowly, your computer should use more resources.... Of course there are different qualities of stream, (not the content). And when you use hi quality soundn it does not help with the lag and the use of ressource.

Streams do use bandwidth but hardly any at all. a Youtube video uses more bandwidth than a music stream.  If you disabled the stream and it made a noticeable difference it might be from a very old laptop that is using a shared on board audio/video solution that is being processed by the CPU, which would take away from the video processing. 

Im not saying it doesn't happen in your case. I'm saying it should not happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Once again I wonder if this is normal

x2ivRby.png

FX8320 not the best but not the worse 

GTX1050 OC

Why does the game use so much resources?

This game does use way too many resources but that graphics card is low end. You can get a 1060 for not much more and the performance would be twice as much. To be realistic tho, that card should handle 3dx without any issues but the way it's coded and with memory leaks and such, even people with 1080 cards get much lower performance than they should. 

One thing you can do is to go into 3dx graphic settings make sure your lock your frame rate to 60 (or 30). if you set it to unlimited, your PC will always be trying to get as many frames as possible which will just be a waste of resources. 

I sometimes get numbers like that if the room is crowded. 

Compering it to Second Life 3DXchat uses much less juice. Newer engine of course plus everything is already on the computer so it won't need to render and re-render all the time as you move around but I agree with Kimmy, I think running it on x64 would certainly help.