3DXChat Community

Text Editor for World Editor v2

GottaGo

well as it's not really difficult to do, everyone can take font and add it to his script. can admit that the creator ppl not really get it from the creator itself where he share it and download something containing it. will be similar situation with the idea of adding them directly on the world editor gizmo will ask to have the right of the font and all new ppl that will come to the game and see font on the editor will say " awesome stuff gizmo / lisa " when it was not even them who did it. will be similar situation like the tattoo contest or for those doing pose / hairstyle for them you only see there name on the update post. the names of those who help them should be more visible.

20 hours ago, lMAXl said:

@AlexaDarkness yes, when i have done your outline font have noticed the problem. but, as it don't do that for all letters, it's still fine. that why have tell him to add possibility having only letter grouped. ( thing he added on the V3 ) that allow someone that use the generator to easily move letters especially usefull for complex fonts that can have differents width. it not very long ajusting the letters to not them overlap. think it's something that can't be fixed as will mean the script will have to check for every letter if letter overlap and if overlap changing width to custom one.

EDIT for everyone :  Added ABC Curves 

download link: https://mega.nz/file/nxFUUapK#i7bY97CeNgDuKkg5Qy-zQFT91UF0EQkXuONmU7Rx-nY 

22dg4mw.jpg

As said for other font, letter don't have same width and length so you need manually adjuste spacing on X / Y axis. The text generator of GottaGo will never totally remove work to do depending the fonts. quality and detailled custom font will always be complicate to adapt than more simple font 😉

In V4 maybe i could calculate the width of each letter from the json. It's possible but pretty hard work as it's a combination of the rotation, the size and the type of object. Each object work a bit differently from the others.

Another way to do something would be to create a size parameter for each letter. But then most of the work should be done for each new font.

I will think about it but i won't have the time for now.

12 hours ago, lMAXl said:

well as it's not really difficult to do, everyone can take font and add it to his script. can admit that the creator ppl not really get it from the creator itself where he share it and download something containing it. will be similar situation with the idea of adding them directly on the world editor gizmo will ask to have the right of the font and all new ppl that will come to the game and see font on the editor will say " awesome stuff gizmo / lisa " when it was not even them who did it. will be similar situation like the tattoo contest or for those doing pose / hairstyle for them you only see there name on the update post. the names of those who help them should be more visible.

The text editor i created is something pretty basic. I'm pretty sure they would be able to do something better directly in the game. Using objects the way we do isn't good for optimization. If they created letters object like Alexa suggested, it would really end up being a better solution.

23 hours ago, lMAXl said:

10 hours ago, GottaGo said:

The text editor i created is something pretty basic. I'm pretty sure they would be able to do something better directly in the game. Using objects the way we do isn't good for optimization. If they created letters object like Alexa suggested, it would really end up being a better solution.

I would give Gizmo/Lisa permission to use my ABC Fonts if it was stated created by me, like some of the Poses & Clothes already are.

These are some Logo's I have created in the past

redhead1_0010.png

pink club0004.png

Nightlife2.png

PrimeD0003.png

16 hours ago, THX said:

These are great and will lawyas be useful, but I'd rather have an object(s) we could attach an image (or texture) to create signs in Photoshop, Gimp, Paint - whatever. That would increase optimization even more.

That could be so great but would increase the rooms loading times way much more if you don't have top notch internet speed for some rooms.

well habillity to apply custom texture to an object would be game changer if come to 3DX but if 3DX start become like S.. ppl will effiectivement need more ram and better  network connection and will mean the texture willl have to be storage somewhere to be load by every ppl. will extend the use of bandwidth.

8 hours ago, ClaraLust said:

That could be so great but would increase the rooms loading times way much more if you don't have top notch internet speed for some rooms.

It wouldn't impact load times much until roughly 800 - 1000  or so images had to load at once. Then it would depend on the speed of a third party image hosting service like Photobucket for example if 3DX didn't want to image host.. Naturally, best case scenario is if images could be uploaded directly to the 3DX servers and they hosted..

From what I've been told directly by Unity game Devs is that Unity was not built to handle lots of little objects like we build with. It's rather amazing how quickly rooms do load.

Edited by THX

• 2 weeks later...

Let me add my thought about the topic.

Basically it is possible to make the script use that "positioning box" to get correct letter dimensions.
I'd suggest following algorythm:
1. User saves his letter AND the sizing box in a single file. When the script reads the file it distinguishes the sizing box from letter's part by material (let's say sizing box must be some "glass_1" material and letter shouldn't use that material at all)
2. Each time user saves his letter, he should adjust the sizing box's width according to the letter he is going to save.
3. Script could take positioning box's coordinates instead of global coordinates, so basically user should only move the pos. box over his letter to be saved, not the letter itself.
4. Letter dimensions should be saved in an object to be used when building a string. It is a good idea to start with the parameters for true-type fonts. They are following:
width, hieght, bearingX, bearingY, advance
metrics.png

22 hours ago, TV9CD_Nikki said:

I've been able to import letters just fine, but they are huge. Like, larger than my avatar by about 10-20x. Resizing them in the game separates all of the blocks. Am I missing a way to resize them before merging them in, or during the merge?

Before resizing, make sure you select center in the header menu, then hold ctrl to make the white square appear. You will be able to resize letters correctly that way.

Edited by GottaGo

3 hours ago, GottaGo said:

Before resizing, make sure you select center in the header menu, then hold ctrl to make the white square appear. You will be able to resize letters correctly that way.

Hot damn! It's working! Thanks so much! Just a little tweaking needed on each letter as I shrink them now.

This tool really is awesome!

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2020 at 11:24 PM, GottaGo said:

You mean this V3 ? 😛

https://mega.nz/file/j98niAaL#KlaLiPghuE9YMRENvbX0kSe4SlToWWFn1WvqgxCXwpU

It handle multi font with selector and i added an array to select the distance between characters. It need a bit of testing in game to find the perfect settings but well it works pretty well.

Demo_Texte.png

Hiyas GottaGo,

I tried to download the latest version of the Text Editor from the link you provided and Mega keeps giving some kind of transfer error and timing out. I would prefer to not have to create an account at a site I will otherwise never use. Do you have this file hosted anywhere else, or is it possible to do it as an attachment here that we can access?

Many thanks!

Lazlo

• 3 weeks later...

@DutchFrank there is function to resize grouped object on world editor but when we don't know we can't know except see it somewhere or someone tell you. when you set your tools on the resize tools.change pivot to center then  click on shift on your keyboard. Normaly you have triangle X Y Z axis and when you click on shift key it become square. then click with your mouse on the square and move it will resize it whitout broke the letter. 

https://streamable.com/4zrdc6 , video to explain ( have did mistake on video clicked first shift when i was on mvoe toom but it's explain the same ). of course will not be custom resize it keep aspect ratio.

• 1 month later...

I am having issues with this since a Microsoft update , when I try to save the file, it forces it to save as a notepad document and not a world document , even if i right clicked and try to save it like that. If there a way to fix this?

@JunBug

Ok, i have some idea that can help.

1) did you tryed open on 3DX, i mean maybe just extensions taht are  associed to notpad soft so it open on notepadd and it's just the visual of notepadd soft and can still use on 3DX.

2) check first on the script code of gottago using notepad or something similar  if the line 122 it say: download(data, filename+".world", "text");

If it's not ".workl" change back ext to .world and see if work now. ( i don't think it's the extension that have been change on the script but you can still look ).

3) if first step don't worl, try to show extensions. Go on the " file explorer " > Appearance > option > Folder option > view > and uncheck " Hide extensions for known file types ". It will show extension for every files and try rename to " .world ".

if don't work with this method you can throught register.

- Winkey + R > type regedit > enter. navigate to the following key

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

Look up for a DWORD entry labeled as HideFileExt. Double click on the mentioned DWORD entry and set its value as 0. This will show up the hidden file extensions.

A value of 1 will hide the file extensions. Exit the Registry Editor and then reboot computer for the changes.

if both method don't help, i have no  other idea why it force ".world" to be download as texte file. maybe something conflict.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...