3DXChat Community

Text Editor for World Editor v2

GottaGo

Hey !

If like me you like to put text in your world, for signs for examples or whatever, you probably know how hard and boring it can sometimes be to put everything at the good place.

Well, i spend some time to create a little script which will do this boring task instead of you :)

It's just a simple html page with some javascript.

Type a name for the .world file you wish to generate (For exemple "text_test_1", the script will automatically add ".world").

Type your text in the text field.

Then click generate and well, congratulations ! You got a .world file with your text, ready to be merged on your map !

The text come as a grouped object so you can easily manipulate it !

You can also input your own font by following this tutorial :

Anyway please remember that the number of object can really impact the performances required to run the map, so be carefull if you want to do some long text, as it generate a big number of objects.

Have fun ;)

Here is the link to download it as i'm not sure it will be possible to download it through the forum : https://mega.nz/file/j98niAaL#KlaLiPghuE9YMRENvbX0kSe4SlToWWFn1WvqgxCXwpU

Font_is_live.png

Edited by GottaGo

Thank you !

Right now it only handle letters and numbers (and space and linebreak of course)

I might add basic punctuation later, like ?!:,.$

Feel free to post some feedback if you encounter issues.

I'm working on re-creating another adult game for over here. Any way you can make the font a bit bigger? like .5. .01 is kinda small and 1 is too big.  Also, the G is missing the little bit that makes a C a G.

Otherwise an excellent tool. I have lot's of writing to do. :(

J9kC7D0.png?1

I can do that pretty easily and will try to upload that today. If you don't want to wait, simply edit the file with a text editor and search something like :

<select>

<option value="0.1">0.1</option>

Etc

</select>

Simply copy paste one of the <option> line inside the select tags and put the value you want.

It will work.

I'm working on re-creating another adult game for over here. Any way you can make the font a bit bigger? like .5. .01 is kinda small and 1 is too big.  Also, the G is missing the little bit that makes a C a G.

Otherwise an excellent tool. I have lot's of writing to do. :(

J9kC7D0.png?1

Hey, i updated the file to add more sizes, i hope you will find what you need :)

I also added another features that let group text either fully, as a whole object, by word, or by line.

That way you can put all your text on a single file and only have to move the line one by one.

I hope it will help :)

By the way, next plan are to replace the current not so good looking font with NiceKati awesomest one, it might look a lot better that way.

If enough people are interested, i might work on a maze generator later as i love to add them to my maps and it can be really long to do a good looking one.

would it not be possible to add the various fonts that are already out there to your program?

It would, but it would also take days and days of work.

Basically, each element of a letter have to be positioned relatively to a X-Y axis, and each letter have to take almost the same space for things to work smoothly. As the coordinates are relatives to the center of the object, it's awful and require testing and testing and testing (which mean that for each letter, you have to generate a file, load it in the world editor, adjust it, then redo it over and over again until it look the way you want).

I won't add any more font after NiceKati one, but i will add a way to support multi font on the script, and put a small tutorial on how it work. That way, if someone want to add his own font, he will be able to do so and share it here.

I think the font scale may be off.

Positions at top was created on .05

Positions in middle was created in .01

But damn this saves so much time. :D

quLcEZN.png?1

This should be fun.

I remember when you did this in RLC.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all.

It's been a long time but i finally updated it with a really better looking font which was created by another player. I will need to find this player name to give her (if i remember correctly) credits.

It's really looking better that way and the new script can handle almost any font :) As long as you have enough patience to save each letter separately and put it inside the script.

I removed the size factor. Now if you want to change the text size, you will have to select "Center" in the world editor menu, then use the resizing tool while holding shift. That way you can make it any size you want.

Wish you all a good time with it :) Be carefull though, it can pretty quickly goes to a pretty big size. My example below is 66Kb.

Font_is_live.png