3DXChat Community

[RP] The hotel / The city : Introduction and rules

GottaGo

Then make the character setup more complex.

Explain the weakening of stats by an actual IC reason.

Call it a spell that lingers over the town that puts everyone's combat strength down to square 1 and they can train it or not.

Give the 'grandfathering' towards stats that make sense. Like charisma or so.

Expand the character figure towards a system where there are 'aesthetic' stats and 'competative' stats. Where the latter can only be raised in actual IC progress.

I'm just saying that the current set up might make feel some RP peeps excluded from being able to join in with their ideas and concepts.

If you create a fertile ground for every type of RPer to be part of the daily stories, do their own thing. Move in the rooms. Participate in IC plot as they wish.

That gives the room life and population. Returning players can set up their own plots and even contribute with their ideas.

If they can stay away from being bullied by other users for whatever strange Strength-superstat they have.

After all you can do an RP System as serious as you desire. Coming from experience I can tell you that 3dx is the wrong platform to get too serious about it.

Make it more open to casual RP and it could positively influence and encourage people to participate in the fun bits.

The too strict setup towards that you can only level while training makes domme characters sorta weird. I mean someone has to be able to raise exp while being domme from the start.

Then again. As I said. None of the exp and leveling stuff are my taste of RP anyway.

I will gladly visit the place and say hi and play in your rooms or enjoy the company of people there. Even while trying my best to stay within the always-rp boundaries.

But I prefer freeform rp. Do my own thing. Raise my middle finger when anyone annoys me at the slightest and not discuss if I'm sleeping or not. Make use of the ignore button too.

I'm just saying the context of an RP place doesn't have to be limited to the peeps following the character stat system.

Allow some friendly non-participants that prolly won't show up in the events to just linger in the room and still contribute.

If they end up being people that keep coming back over long time the 'admin' can still grant them a free stat based char 'grandfathered' in as some sort of reward for effort.

If you do it that way, like a specific non-stat based part that is free to roam and experiment and only giving those stat perks to those who earn it. I see no problem there.

PS: As for means of moderating the place, 3dx only allows one thing in that regard. Ignore.

But if you can report a troll to the room admin, his room hosting char can ignore the person in question.

They might not be instantly kicked (but people in the room can still ignore them on their own).

But he cannot join the room anymore afterwards. In a heavy case of massive joy grieving you can always ignore a couple of trolls, close the room and open it up again anew.

You are offering good ideas and I agree with alot of what you're saying. I question what makes 3dx the wrong platform for this though. It's not great but...if you can name me somewhete better that supports graphic sex with good models with a better system for stat based roleplay Id love to hear about it (like...for real I would. Afaik I have played every sex mmo on the internet and this seems like the best choice given the situation).

Kek, dunno if theres a better one and pretty sure promoting such would be against agb here.

But it's more if you get to know the 3dx community and realize it's based on colders, illiterate peeps and trolls.

Then yeah. This is gonna have a though chance to get running. It has one. But it's a though one.

Seen room ideas like that cum and go by the dozens >_>

And that includes the more public friendly ones.

Keeping such a thing active in 3dx is a huge, huuge challange.

Can't say for sure but from own personal experience most I meet here who RP do it on some more casual level, often changing their roleplay during each sessions instead of sticking with evolving and progressive character developments. So think danger with system that require some investing into them, plus narrow freedom to roleplay the casual way some prefer.

May turn some people away from the place, might be place was not for them in first place. Who knows?

If that is good or bad I dunno, but most time I have been around there only few set of people I see regularly that are somewhat consistently coming. That keep revisiting the place on regular basis where they also engage other visitors instead just interacting with me or whoever doing receptions or doing massages at time.

If that is the goal or it can turn around I don't personally, but think require those that want this system to succeed to be more involved with the story-lines surrounding it to actively involved at the place. Nobody comes if there nobody around and go even more without saying if they can get jobs or acquire levels in system because trainers or other role players using system are not around.

Few will sit around all day at empty place to wait for roleplay if nothing happens there, so think while system may have a warrant or purpose that merits it's existence it might also prohibit the place from growing because many will find it hard to get involved in it through proper channels.

Thanks for you interest Akemi. I update the map at least once per week. I will probably not upload everything here but i can share a monthly version.

I have read almost everything and will take some time to think about it before answering.

However, if i can just answer on one thing :

"I'm just saying the context of an RP place doesn't have to be limited to the peeps following the character stat system.
Allow some friendly non-participants that prolly won't show up in the events to just linger in the room and still contribute."

Players who don't follow the stat system are of course, welcomed as long as they don't "godmode" against every other chars implied in the place story from weeks. For the last event, i even bring some players who didn't have stats.

I already told a few times that if someone want to play a character that isn't in the rules or need something specific, he can just ask me so we can find a way to make the char fit in the current storyline.

Well. I will try my best to explain how i see this place and why things are actually the way they are.

My main mistake : i didn't think my room as a small part of the 3dx universe but as a small universe itself.

Of course your char can have a background story and have already lived things on his own. And i can understand how frustrating it can be if you consider that your character is travelling from one place to another and that coming here suddenly mean having to act differently.

So why all of this ?

Actually there is two type of RP running here :

- The punctual RP : for example two players come, book a room, have some RP in it, they will leave then and might not come back at all after that.

- The running storyline RP : There is a story developping from weeks (even months soon) that have a small (but growing) number of people invested.

Most of the time it will follow the same schema : An antagonist will come, being stronger than players, making evil (or good) plans, then players will have to find a way to defeat him etc through various events and by playing together. Some will choose one side, some will choose the other side. It give some content to the RP and a common guideline that let players roleplay in the long term and making plans.

Looking at how things are going with this first storyline, i don't have the feeling it's a total failure. Some people seems to enjoy that.

Of course, all people won't like that, but there is a lot of places on 3dx, if even only 3 people enjoy it and can't find it in other rooms, what would be the interest of making this room like all others one ?

About the stats system, it's a WIP. I'm opened to suggestions, to find a way to improve it. It's pretty blurry right now. Anyway the main meaning behind it is to reflect how players char evolve and to put some equity between players. It add some gameplay too in my mind, even if not perfect. And without this stat system, most fight will goes : "I hit you" "No i evaded it" "Well i use magic power to paralyse you" "No, i have real solid RP reasons to be immune to paralyze, but i launch a thunder at you" "You missed me" etc...

It also prevent almighty overpowered players to come, to kill the main antagonist because they are here to win, and to disappear leaving the players that are following story from weeks being pretty frustrated.

Most of the fantastic movies would be pretty bullshit if a shiny partial god showed up during the first five minutes and killed the main antagonist.

Anyway, once the story is launched and things are a little more defined, i might add a way to start at level 5 for example with a little "background", so, existing players won't have to start at level 1. Still need to think about it. (And to answer about the different ways to win level, you can choose to only follow events, even if it will probably longer to gain levels. Even with a weak character you will be able to fit in most of them as they don't focus on PvP / PvE. Even when i'm playing in "DM" mode, i won't force things on players and will let them a way out if they aren't comfortable with it.)

Dunno if should place it here but also posted it under ideas, think should maybe remove some things that are not used to make object space for more rooms. that would allow regular visitors and role players to keep rooms for longer periods without having to consistently check in their rooms on regular basis, since current amount of rooms sometimes get crowded quick even if we do regular check out for those who don't at reception to make space for new.

Mostly because some come for those brief role plays leaving without word probably not understand completely how booking system works, it would also leave more time to get involved with regular guest not having to go through booking when they may wish to keep room booked for several days for instance.

Just something I been thinking about from receptionist stand point and thought would bring up. Also think if you do remodel some the map maybe you should change simple room on board to standard, so people know seaview just give them that extra view as some little confused about the difference between them.

Thanks Kimmy. Actually i have read your comments on the google doc and i agree with your ideas.

I'm working on a totally new version of the hotel (i'm keeping the rest of the map) but i'm still cleaning the map right now so i can simply merge the new version and it's a lot of work (too much object on the hotel and i wasn't working with groups the correct way when i started this map).

The next version will have a lot more rooms and things will be better organized.

Factions

Factions are something that might add a lot of roleplay content to the game and put the storyline back in players hands so this place can keep evolving.

Actually here is how i see it and how it would works :

- You are two to three (or more) willing to play regularly on the map,

- You have a concept,

- You write a little background story for your group, explaining really quickly and without going into details what your goals are (the admin who will read it don't have to know about your exact plans etc as it's not fun to be spoiled too much, it's more like giving a general idea about what your group is after),

- Optionally you request some sort of base for your group, either in an already existing but not clamed yet, or a totally different new part of the map that will need to be mapped.

If your faction or story fit in the current universe, you will be able to start at a more advanced lvl (not having to start from lvl1, it will be, for example, lvl 8 for the leader, and lvl 5 for the others members of the faction). Your place will be added, and if you want, you could be integrated in the game with an event.

If you group don't fit, the admin (there might be others in the future) will propose you some adjustement so you can fit in the universe.

"End" of the current part of the storyline either on friday to saturday night (3AM UTC) or on saturday to sunday night (3AM UTC). For the involved players feel free to message me if you are not available or if you have preferences.

----------------------------------

After this one i will make smaller, replayable, events during a few weeks, need some time to prepare and discuss the next storyline.

"End" of the current part of the storyline either on friday to saturday night (3AM UTC) or on saturday to sunday night (3AM UTC). For the involved players feel free to message me if you are not available or if you have preferences.

----------------------------------

After this one i will make smaller, replayable, events during a few weeks, need some time to prepare and discuss the next storyline.

The "end" is reported for now. Anyway i will make a pretty big event on friday night (~ same hour as usual) and i should make a lot of small events all along the next week.

Theses small events should be pretty "open" so feel free to participate and to try, even if you don't have a character sheet and don't plan to be involved in long term.

Thank you :)

Well everybody is welcome but i can understand that some people won't like the rules, "fantasy" theme etc...

The maze was removed when the arcade got destroyed. But i might add another one soon :P

New combat rules :
Before combat start :
Each player roll a d10 and add athletics skill.
This score will determine initiative. The higher your score is, the quicker you will play your turn.
Each player determine his damage and his defense.
Damage is attack skill /5 (rounded down)
Defense is attack skill /3 (rounded down) + athletics

For each turn :
When it's the player turn, the player can choose between several options :
- Attack
You roll a dice being 20 + the ennemy defense (if the ennemy defense is 10, then you roll a 30)
To hit the ennemy you need to have result EQUAL OR LOWER than your attack skill.
(If BobTheWizard have a 10 in magic, he will need a result inferior or equal to 10 while running a d30 to hit the ennemy)
If you succeed, the other player / ennemy remove your damage from your HP.
If you roll a 1 it's considered as a critical hit and you deal double damage.

- Defend
You choose between protecting yourself or another player. You then add half of your attack skill to the chosen character.
It only last for this turn and you can't take another action during that time.

- Retreat
You run away and won't be able to take part in the current combat for this scene.

- Take an action
It can be using an item, drinking a potion, using a passive spell, doing something special.
It's limited to one action though.
For example if you are far way from a ladder and want to climb it, you need first to run to the ladder, it's one action.
And then you need to climb it, it's another action.
If you are far away from a character or an ennemy and don't have ranged attack, you will need an action to reach it.

During PVE :
Once all players have taken their actions, they will need to roll a d5 then add their charm score to the result.
The ennemy will then attack the character with the lowest score
He attack like all the character does. He will roll a d(20+character defense) and if his result is inferior or equal to his attack score, player will take damages.

I might do a few OOC training session to show how the system work IG, if you are interested feel free to ask.

I am confused...thought that this was a forum on the RP/hotel. Instead it turned out to be a bunch of bratty kids fighting amonst them selves! You all should get a life and let the one that has the RP/hotel post his/her rules for playing!!!