3DXChat Community

Dear Gizmo ban the game accounts of room thieves

Aliviax

Hello everyone n hello Gizmo

As title says

Plz ban those room thieves not only here in forum but in game.

Surely rooms are open so anyone can steal them but is it ok for you to have stealers in ur game ?

Is it ok for u if we stream n ppl see in the streams that anyone can steal ur hard work n more cause most stuff are server side n with the 0 security anyone can get data?

Despite what u can n cant one thing is sure that u can n that is 0 tolerance to stealers yes ban their accounts in the game ip ban n account ban surely it will hurt them cause then they have to get a vpn n pay again to get in the game with other new account if they still steal again ban the new account n soon this stealing trend will be forgotten history.

Ty in advance

You cant have something stolen that you dont own to begin with. You dont own your rooms, your avi or even your avi name, SGD does. It states as such very clearly in the TOS. The same TOS you agreed to when you join. While i do think its low end for people to take rooms that dont belong to them, cant be stolen from users since they dont own it .

Β 

All of its rather shady but it is what it is. He posted this before the editor even came out, if some chose to ignore it, thats on them.

Β 

Wanted to post his thoughts on it in case some didnt see it, have a good day

Β 

I cannot agree with you, with little effort, I'm pretty sure that it can be added a feature in the game that when the room or an object is published the first time, the game embed the code or account ID somewhereΒ crypted in the .world file and the owner can claim the ownership if he find the room stolen a published by someone else, thus the stealing account can be punished in some way. You don't own the rooms but there should be an option to protect your intellectual property.

The rule for not owning roomsΒ by you can be applied to game owners,Β notΒ the other players.Β 

Today, 06:32 AM

Hello everyone n hello Gizmo

As title says

Plz ban those room thieves not only here in forum but in game.

Surely rooms are open so anyone can steal them but is it ok for you to have stealers in ur game ?

Β 

I understood. Here everything is clear. I just pointed on last and more serious things:

Β 

Public data or not its stealing.

They use 3d party stuff.

If Gizmo says stealing is forbbiten n punishable with ban im sure it will stop.

One thing is needed n that is to care for his game n customers.

There is not a nice word for stealing lol its a crime

Β 

Β 

Something else.

If i iggy someone completely n that someone comes to my rooms is this my fault? Not someones else that abuse a bug n force their presence on us.

Isnt something Gizmo has to fix?

I see a problem and I stated it in another thread. Say I create a room and I open it (just using a name from the commenters here:) Alivia sees my room and within an hour has one identical up. Now, yes, it would be obvious she stole it, however, how could I prove it? She could simply say even when she first saw my room and knew she would "steal" it saying, "I have a room just like this, I'll put it up".Β 

Or let's say i walk into a room like the room download it but make changes... am I a thief because I added to it?

You find theft in any creative artwork, authors, painters, games, music. Originals are always copied.Β 

Do NOT in anyway take this as my condoning it, I just truly believe if you want to "ban" someone and thus refuse their money you need to be able to truly prove they stole that room.

The ONLY other way to prevent theft is to have your room as "friends only".

Something else.

If i iggy someone completely n that someone comes to my rooms is this my fault? Not someones else that abuse a bug n force their presence on us.

Isnt something Gizmo has to fix?

Β 

I do agree that something should be done about this. I have someone blocked because when that person is in a room with me they seem to be able to get through and still talk and see me to where the person will say derogatory things and stand in front of me or follow me around. It's a game and I can just change rooms (which I do) but I would like to know how they get past the block feature.

iΒ΄m absolutely sign this topic and what Ali sayed.

Β 

its not only absolute disrespectfull to steal a room where another took hours over hours to create, and in some cases done this even not for themself but for example as sign of love to someones else, as in Atlantis Club case, its a crime since you cant do this as a game feature. you need to use third party tools and this is game modify, kind of hacking. the game deffently tells you also that if you iggy a person he is out of your world, that includes he cannot enter your room. by using a third party tool to get acces to a room where hes banned from he deffently act against game rules.

game modify leans to pernament ip bann for all funktions on other games or gaming platforms. other games or gaming platforms have an moderation where publishers have an ear for the comunity. if not a game is near to the end, cause people stop play. and in this kind of game you have some others you can choose.

so publishers would do good to do SOMETHING, realy fast...

Guest Stefia

RobT

Β 

There is a difference on a game have the property of your room you have save in, and let people hack them to steal the rooms. It isnt 3DX puts public, is clearly a security fail they have and let people enter in their system, hack and do like they want. Also hide them behind a rule because they do 0 security and for the simple reason it cost hours of programs and money we arent nuts.

Β 

3DX dont publy themselves our deco, is clearly steal in their system.

Β 

The property of the room deco you create, all the games have in their rules ITS A NORMAL RULE. Is their property in the fact we use their stuf to create.

Β 

But lol they dont let someone hack their system to steal a deco or enter in a room they are iggy to do.

Β 

And on hack? It isnt allowed to hack their system is their rules too.... And on these they dont react, simply lost money less rent pay.... Havent to be smart to understand that.

Β 

Is enough to show these rule, is just to cover what? To justify someone hack the system and steal all he wants? Seriously is enough to argue on these and put the finger on the reality. And in same time dont ban the hackers show their exploits.

Β 

Why they have open deco? Is simple 7 rooms they have do in 5 years.... is better to let players do free, and when we are open in their game is these rule is apply the deco is their property full.

Β 

Now we put finger on big fails, have begin on deco, now is the iggy system is failed. Tomorrow is what? Cant refuse a cold?

Β 

With these rule 3DX team has clearly send we wont put security also is totally useless to ask them their are in the level of the stealer, not better.... When we see they go until let the trolls publy on their forum and dont clean when report they are clearly in the same group of troll we design.

They will never do anything to fix it. We have bugs in game for 5+ years with no fix. Anything that requires effort will not be fixed. All of the features we have now were created by Alex and Rochi years ago. They take someone else's idea and release it as their own or just make a simple purchase off the unity store.

Β 

The world editor was nice and people are enjoying it... minus the room thieves that the devs strangely don't care about. I'm not sure if they are aware That it's 5x more costly to gain a new customer than to keep a current one.

Β 

In a nutshell...save your breath. They do not care.

If what I have just been told is right, they could fairly easily make it password protected.

So when you do your room and want to get it again, or anyone else wants to get it, then they need the password to be able to download it.

If done like I have just been told then the URL address they use to get the download would also need to have the password included, which the thieves would not know.

Report em......

Β 

Everyone makes a good point on this thread and many like it. From " the horde-streamers" on plexstorm,Β to "Posers" that would ruin pose editor, if it ever comes out...Β Β  For all we know, the iggy bug mightΒ actually a hack of the game engine, but right bellow that is the REPORT button.Β  Is this ever even used?Β  Does it even work?Β  I have yet to see anybody on these threads talking about it.

Β 

Obviously Gizmo need help, So... Report anyone who is abusive, harassing, degrading, or a theft. Here in the community and in the game!

Β 

Gizmo isn't listening; because, lets face it, its about money.Β  If we punish one person for violation of the Terms and Conditions or the Rules, thenΒ is GizmoΒ obligated to punish everyone?Β  We do a lot of things with Gizmo's software that were not supposed to, but is it actually hurting anyone? That is the only question!Β Β  Its not about the room, or the theft of.Β  You, the builder, should be very proud that your room is worth steeling!!!!Β  Its not about the rules or who breaking them. Most of us did/are/ or will break the rules sooner or later.Β Β The real reason behind this concern is that itsΒ a form of HARRASMENT, and that is somethingΒ that should not beΒ condoned!!!

Its not about being fair GIZMO,Β It's just good customer service.

Β 

Please tell me that everyone is utilizing the "Report Button", and if not, start today!

Β 

I got an idea, If 200 people play by the rules and 5 people make a mess, well, lets reward those 5 with gifts in game. I mean everybody completely overload em with gifts,Β  invites, pm's and anything else we can throw at em. Friend request them, then remove, then request, then remove, rinse and repeat.

Β 

Yes, If we attack the theft, that's harassment, and by doing so "we" would be in violation of the rules.Β  So, why is it so hard to punish the few who are already in violation ofΒ the no harassmentΒ rulesΒ by steeling rooms....?

Ok, I come over to your house, you tell me I can use your art room to paint a painting, HOWEVER, the painting I paint belongs to you. I agree, KNOWING the rules, I spend hours painting a masterpiece. I want to take it home or put it out in an exhibit. You say, I can exhibit it but ONLY in YOUR art gallery. I have no choice because I agreed that by using YOUR materials for my work, it stayed in YOUR possession.Β 

We have the exhibit, my artwork is displayed to all your friends and mine. One of your friends is inspired by my masterpiece and asks you if they may use your materials to create an identical masterpiece. You agree BUT with the same rules they can not take it elsewhere. BUT instead of spending anytime on copying it, I simply take a picture and either paint by numbers OR I simply use a printer and copy from my picture.Β 

Another exhibit is held for that person, everyone sees that person did nothing but rip me off and they realize that person was either too lazy to create their own or download a free masterpiece and people lose respect for that person.

It doesn't lessen the hard work I put into the original, in fact, people appreciate my hard work more because I actually DID the work.Β 

Now, let's say I create another masterpiece but I don't want that to happen again, so I ask you if I can only invite people I trust to view my second masterpiece. You say sure. I invite ONLY people I trust and my work is seen by fewer people and appreciated only by those who are my friends. No one else gets to see my art.

I don't know the artist in me says I would opt for the first because those who matter would know who the original artist was and those who praise the "copier" are in essence, showing appreciation for my work, I'm just not getting the credit.

Art to me is not about who gets credit but about the beauty of the work and how many can share that beauty and be touched by it..

i guess it all lies in what's more important to you, the art itself or the credit. There is no right or wrong answer, everyone will answer that differently and for different reasons.

Not that I agree with stealing rooms at all, but i see something fun here:

Β 

- stealing a public location ( LI, Fresco, Sin, Beach, Night Club...) with a third party system and open it : OK

- stealing a user location (done with world editor)Β  with third party system and open it: Not OK

Β 

For both, dev react the same: doing nothing. So they are kinda logic in their attitude.

Not that I agree with stealing rooms at all, but i see something fun here:

Β 

- stealing a public location ( LI, Fresco, Sin, Beach, Night Club...) with a third party system and open it : OK

- stealing a user location (done with world editor)Β  with third party system and open it: Not OK

Β 

For both, dev react the same: doing nothing. So they are kinda logic in their attitude.

Actually they just kinda lazy or have not time. Or both.

I think anyone "stealing" someone else's hard work and passing it off as their own is morally wrong and I would hope bad karma will come their way, but I personally don't support a proposal that such people should be banned. Rather I think that we all need to act and think as a community, in which we approach all building as being done for the benefit of the community, and not for the individual (that way, does it really matter if someone "steals" stuff?).

Β 

If on the other hand any person is particularly precious to get the recognition for their own work (which I do kinda understand), then I would recommend they post images of it on here BEFORE they go public with it in the 3DX world.

• 3 weeks later...

and this jealous ass is happy, and when i gently asked people in world to report this lexiMansfield (aka jimmyJuice) in wc, i got almost insulted. and this is not the first time this happens to me,

Β 

so no worries, we will all play the same game now, fucking haters, stay tuned my new topic comes soon

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrΒ frΓ¨re - chill - tout ce que les petites queues - Γ§a vaut le coup? une vie prΓ©cieuse? l'espace disque du serveur? il y a seulement un bordel de place blanc aka WP depuis 2014 avec le proxΓ©nΓ¨te, franΓ§ais, parfois proxΓ©nΓ©tisme tempΓ©rer du fraincais! ne pas Γͺtre confondu avec le fabricant de clΓ©s #vous, nous petit et gros vr-piggy et devinez quoi: tout sauf 3DXChat et c'est si petit - alors gardez la balle plate ... ... un peu - contention hashtag (rires et bons week-ends et vous souhaite Γ  tous)

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrΒ frΓ¨re - chill - tout ce que les petites queues - Γ§a vaut le coup? une vie prΓ©cieuse? l'espace disque du serveur? il y a seulement un bordel de place blanc aka WP depuis 2014 avec le proxΓ©nΓ¨te, franΓ§ais, parfois proxΓ©nΓ©tisme tempΓ©rer du fraincais! ne pas Γͺtre confondu avec le fabricant de clΓ©s #vous, nous petit et gros vr-piggy et devinez quoi: tout sauf 3DXChat et c'est si petit - alors gardez la balle plate ... ... un peu - contention hashtag (rires et bons week-ends et vous souhaite Γ  tous)

hEY Tika...j'te suggère de maintenir ton language en anglais (Donc certains ici ont déjà de la difficulté à te comprendre en celle-çi utilisé) C'est encore pire en français alors! Pauvre Pierrousss ,

''Alors gardez la balle plate'' j'ai jamais entendu cette expression la!

''alors gardez la bite molle''... cette expression devrait Γͺtre plus appropriΓ© pour le contexte peut-Γͺtre? lol