3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

1 minute ago, vladok said:

it's not a rip)
another problem arises in the case of a replaceable ip - we need to download and install an update from a site or forum)

My RIP was in relation to Ron's post... I was marking my respect for those that couldn't pixel jizz all day :D

6 hours ago, Xizl said:

I would recomend staying away from such unsubstantiated accusations . Guys who are pirating 3dxchat – okay, they are full of shit, even if this DDOS attack is not made by them (but I am almost sure it is lol), they still deserve to be hated. But accusing 3dxchat's competitors, who are most probably just honest buisness owners, in doing this attack without having solid proofs of them doing it... is not nice at all. 

I would agree it is ALWAYS best to not speak with unsubstantiated accusations (although it seems many here do to trash others here because it gets them likes and noticed). But, I digress.

MOST of 3dx's competitors probably are just companies trying to provide innocent entertainment like they do. HOWEVER, as with ANY business there are always the greedy that will do whatever it takes to take down the successful  So, I would not be surprised IF a competitor has tried in the past or if this attack was not in someway done by one (whether corporately or covertly).

It's sad when people don't trust the markets and have to try to do devious shit to take down their competition. I speak fropm experience from when I owned my own small business that was attacked because it was successful and instead of improving their own products, they had to take me down, by cutting their prices, accepting MY coupons, trying to hire my best people, 

My point is, your comment is correct, BUT you can't really condemn someone for throwing blame out there. When shit like this happens you, look for the common denominator of who has the most to gain for disrupting 3dx. Sure there are those who do it just to prove they can and those who feel somehow this is a revenge for some ill they believe 3DX created in their lives, but those sources are usually too dumb, ignorant and self involved to truly hurt anyone but themselves. A competitor though, they have the most to gain on a busy weekend when 3dx is showing a spike in business and perhaps taking business from them because they are crap quality in comparison. 

So while people don't want to think about corporations trying to hurt their competition, MONEY is all that matters to too many in this world, just look how my nation has people willing to kill others by infecting them just to "protect" their rights, while Congress passes laws that allow the FBI and CIA access to our browsing histories without warrants, a TRUE violation of our rights.

1 minute ago, Vampixie said:

My RIP was in relation to Ron's post... I was marking my respect for those that couldn't pixel jizz all day :D

Oh I knew I recognized that butt from somewhere 😏

if the server is really attacked, then just change the ip - it will be attacked again tomorrow.
(figuratively speaking)
here you already need to put the decision as done in second life - not one but a group of servers, and a bunch between them.
Attacking multiple servers is very difficult.
There are all sorts of other solutions, but they are ineffective.
Attacking a large number of requests simply causes the server to stop and not respond.
Attacking a bunch of servers costs a lot of money and is not profitable.

As a business owner, access to the product you sell is key.  In this time of self isolation and stay at home orders, this is a perfect time for this sort of product to thrive.  Its too bad outages like this happen.  Consumers are an impatient bunch!  Even I went and checked a competing product.  I was mildly disappointed.  3DX is a lot more intuitive and a better chat experience.  I hope server stability is at the top of To Do List for the staff.  I don't want to go elsewhere!   

@panCDCA

I don't say that it's can't be competitors. But it's wrong to make such a serious accusations without having solid proofs. I think it's ethically wrong. Adn by competitors I mean other online sex games, not pirates. These guys long ago beyond any ethics so fuck them. 

7 minutes ago, JackPine said:

As a business owner, access to the product you sell is key.  In this time of self isolation and stay at home orders, this is a perfect time for this sort of product to thrive.  Its too bad outages like this happen.  Consumers are an impatient bunch!  Even I went and checked a competing product.  I was mildly disappointed.  3DX is a lot more intuitive and a better chat experience.  I hope server stability is at the top of To Do List for the staff.  I don't want to go elsewhere!   

unfortunately, a project located on only 1 server cannot be stable)
It will depend on everything in the world - from hackers, from hardware, from a software product and its crashes, from a data center, from a crooked programmer, from a drunk technician ... he will have a whole list of problems and sores)

Edited by vladok

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

@panCDCA

I don't say that it's can't be competitors. But it's wrong to make such a serious accusations without having solid proofs. I think it's ethically wrong. Adn by competitors I mean other online sex games, not pirates. These guys long ago beyond any ethics so fuck them. 

Understood, but I also don't think it is out of the realm of possibility for a competitor to be doing this as well. Especially if they are losing business and desperate.

DDoS attacks could be compared to an earthquake. You may have an earthquake-proof built city, it doesn't prevent from material damages.
Your subscribing money isn't going 100% into cyber defenses protocol.
Handling an urgent situation requires time.
You aren't playing because someone planified an attack which means, "they" may have knowledge and a great understanding of their target. They are hitting in a breach. There is no perfect defenses.

This is a normal situation.

Why don't we create a funny thread to exchange silly and lewd things ? Expressing of frustration in a less negative way ?

5 minutes ago, Faelvara said:

DDoS attacks could be compared to an earthquake. You may have an earthquake-proof built city, it doesn't prevent from material damages.
Your subscribing money isn't going 100% into cyber defenses protocol.
Handling an urgent situation requires time.
You aren't playing because someone planified an attack which means, "they" may have knowledge and a great understanding of their target. They are hitting in a breach. There is no perfect defenses.

This is a normal situation.

Why don't we create a funny thread to exchange silly and lewd things ? Expressing of frustration in a less negative way ?

ddos attack this nonsense.
You can safely protect yourself from it by automatically blocking IPs coming up with very frequent IP requests by a special server software, simply adding them to the block list for example for 5 minutes - a day, and not responding to them and reduce the server load drastically.

in addition, you can ask the data center staff for a small fee to put an anti DDoS solution (just turn it on as a module) and spit on this DDoS from the height of the Kremlin tower)))