3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

What it means Junjinni , is I am concerned for the Devs, and support team and all responsible for game , dev and function..I am wondering, if something suddenly happened...Due to zero response from them, in the past we allways heared back from Gizmo, or someone in forums and game as to what's going on...So for them not to be Responding .at all...and system still down completely without any response from the 3dx team.. Has to be Extremely worrisome. Not sure if the plug was pulled, because them missing their Bill payments, or they were perhaps all evading taxes and were raided, shut down , and arrested...wtvr...Who nkows, or they all just cut and ran...lol..but I am definitely worried...The whole silence seems so strange..I just hope Gizmo and the Devs and all responsible for the game, no matter what thier situation is, are ok safe.. I hope all is well, and for us to hear something from them, and perhaps a return to our server..

There was a big shooting in California recently too, and there's accidents, crime, and horrible things everywhere. Let's all take a breath and not jump to conclusions on Gizmo being hurt, dead, or in jail.

Occam's razor is the problem-solving principle that the simplest solution tends to be the right one.

That's the post I was replying to.

Leopardus, PAGOS, Junjini.

Hope that clears that up.. Or just go on cliquey hating on me because you need something to do. Makes no difference.

I don't expect you to be big enough to admit your mistake.

So hold on. Why didn’t you quote that in the first place ? Obviously you were miss leading.

There are many hypotheses under which the radio silence can have a rational explanation. Among those, all the most frightening ones. As everyone, I hope to be able to really be angry against Gizmo soon, as it would mean he's in perfect health and safe.

However, the lack of new funtions lately have been the perfect ground to grow rumours and anger.

So hold on. Why didn’t you quote that in the first place ? Obviously you were miss leading.

Do you generally do this? Assuming the worst of everyone you interact with? First you do zero reading of the thread to see the chain of conversation I was replying to, second you assume I'm attacking Pagos, and now thirdly you're saying I was intentionally misleading you?

Phew...

I cannot imagine living my life with so much pent up internal hatred that I need to lash out at others all the time like that. Whatever happened to you, I am really sorry it happened. God bless.

Edit: I was correct in thinking you wouldn't be big enough to admit the mistake, but to try to spin it into blaming me? Wow that's next level Millennial entitlement.

That's the post I was replying to. 

Leopardus, PAGOS, Junjini.

Hope that clears that up.. Or just go on cliquey hating on me because you need something to do. Makes no difference.

I don't expect you to be big enough to admit your mistake.

Well that wasn't very clear based on your post immediately following PAGOS's, but obviously anyone wishing another person dead is wrong and ClockworkHeart is indeed sick for saying that.  Luckily I have ClockworkHeart ignored so I don't see any of his vile contributions.

Well that wasn't very clear based on your post immediately following PAGOS's, but obviously anyone wishing another person dead is wrong and ClockworkHeart is indeed sick for saying that.  Luckily I have ClockworkHeart ignored so I don't see any of his vile contributions.

And I don’t have him block however.

Do you generally do this? Assuming the worst of everyone you interact with? First you do zero reading of the thread to see the chain of conversation I was replying to, second you assume I'm attacking Pagos, and now thirdly you're saying I was intentionally misleading you?

Phew...

I cannot imagine living my life with so much pent up internal hatred that I need to lash out at others all the time like that. Whatever happened to you, I am really sorry it happened. God bless.

Edit: I was correct in thinking you wouldn't be big enough to admit the mistake, but to try to spin it into blaming me? Wow that's next level Millennial entitlement.

I don’t keep up with your post love , should I ? Clearly I’m missing out on some knowledge.

I don’t keep up with your post love , should I ? Clearly I’m missing out on some knowledge.

You do not have to do anything, if you find happiness and joy in the way you assume the worst of everyone, have at it! 

Generally speaking I personally don't run in to a discussion-in-progress flailing my arms and demanding everyone agree with me "or else". And that's how I generally do things.

It's just a matter of different approaches. 

Wishing somebody something bad - especially something like AIDS or getting hurt/ killed in an accident is so... well, it leaves me speechless - which happens rather seldom! :blink:

So - PLEASE - all of you - put this specific specimen of a troll on ignore and simply deny him what he seeks most - any attention!

With statements and pics like the ones he "belched out" he locks himself out of every society  - at least in my eyes!

"Hear me roar!" ;)

Your log in server is not your host server. It's akin to you being able to connect to the internet, but a website being down. The connection phase is a redirect (it's what gets cracked in my home-server version), once you log in, it makes sure your account is paid and then connects you to the host server, either US or EU(via proxy). The reason for the server resetting you is clearly that the host servers (both of them) are not online. 

Edit to clarify it a bit better maybe?

If you ever played World of Warcraft or a similar game you are familiar with an authentication server (where you put your log in and pass) and then your server choice (Earthenring, in my case ;) ) Well, as you know there's times when you can access the first phase, but your main server isn't available, right?

That's what's happening now, basically.

I'm not going to say the fires have nothing to do with this, but the server IP's are not located in the immediate area of them.

Habe eine Frage...

Hat jemand eine Ahnung wie der Stream heißt, der immer im Fresco-Club läuft ? Würde den gerne hören.

Liebe Grüße

Maja

Have a question ... Does anyone have any idea how the stream is called, which always runs in the fresco club? Would like to hear that. best regards Maja

Have a question ... Does anyone have any idea how the stream is called, which always runs in the fresco club? Would like to hear that. best regards Maja

Rollo, on 10 Nov 2018 - 6:50 PM, said:snapback.png

Ha!

You are not the 1st one who brought this idea up, Vladok! ;)

... btw. - I like it. :D

"Hear me roar!" ;)

I always knew that we have smart people. Not only me )

... for you, Vladok  ;)

Cookie-Memes-14.jpg

Baci! <3 :D

"Hear me roar!" ;)

Guys.......any MMORPG or if I may say......most of the MMOs in the world don't actually work the way you think they do. Let me explain you the basics here. 

On your systems, you have clients (for example: 3dxChat.exe), these clients are responsible to generate authentication tokens and are also responsible to save local level, game settings(there is more to it but lets not get into that detail at the moment). These clients generate authentication tokes and passed on using a suitable network connection, which are then received by an Authenticating server. This server is responsible for accepting the authentication token generated by your client. Consider this server as your gatekeeper. If you have the right credentials, it will let you in........if you don't, it will block you then and there.

Once the authentication is complete and an acknowledgement token is sent back to the client.......the same token has the required URIs to reach out or to connect with your game servers. The game servers are the ones which host your game data depending on what or how the game has been designed. In some cases where the game is an open map MMORPG, the game servers facilitate the hosting of vital data like Game maps, and save as well as generate response based on the real time data that your actions generate ofc, being in the limits of the game programming. You can call them application servers in general. In some cases, these game servers can be your Matchmaking servers like in the case of Counter Strike series. Even Battlefield series follows the same concept. 

However, these game servers are only responsible to generate response as per the program they are running which in this case, is a game. All vital information however, is saved in a separate server which is known as Database server or simply the storage server. This sever is responsible for storing all sort of data which the programmer of the game, has decided to store on the servers. This can be your credentials against which, the Authentication server authenticates or cross checks your authentication token sent by the client. It can also store game maps for your if the game maps are too large and in case of 3dxchat, your PM system and gifting as well as your authentication and Room maps are saved in this so called Database server. 

Now the question comes, where is the problem? As we can see, unless we are not using the certificate based authentication system(which is beyond the capabilities of 3dxchat game developers), the game is actually allowing us to authenticate and see if our subscription has expired, which means.............the Authentication server are working fine. 

However, when our connection is diverted to the game servers, that is when the client is presented with a connection error problem. The client in turn starts attempting a loop of connection establishment before the time runs out thereby presenting us with the error message "Connection Lost, Reconnect"

So there you go.........Now, the big question, is California wildfire has anything to do with it? Answer is HELL NO!

You need to understand that when people or say the organizations invest on datacenters to be build at any place, The very first thing which is checked is, if that area comes under the zone of any Natural disasters like earthquakes, Flood, frequent storms etc............they also check if the area is prone to frequent wildfire and what is the possibility of such natural/man made disasters to impact the production or the datacenter facility. That happens to be their first and fore-most point in the agreement which they sign with their customer. Unlike the applications or the infra being hosted on those servers, Datacenters are always equipped with 'High-Availability' solutions. So your assumption that the game went down due to the California wildfire is wrong.

I could write more and explain things in detail but that is out of the scope of this forum and I am sure I will be trolled in the following posts for what I have put in here........but still Knowledge is knowledge.........share if you have it :D (that is, if you feel like it lol)