3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

4 minutes ago, panCDCA said:

ANOTHER LITTLE SOMETHING TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD:
Β 

Imagine these guys trying to change a television dial or volume without a remote. Or trying to use a knob to get the radio station to come in clearly.

They have it EASY these days.

Β 

C'mon, Kids! Seek for a tutorial on the internet!!!Β 

1 minute ago, panCDCA said:

I DIDN'T KNOW WE HAD A LIMIT ON HOW MANY REACTIONS WE COULD USE DURING A DAY HERE.Β 
image.png.711c4558940e097439f444dcdeeb6ae8.png
Β 

Yes, 50 per day. That is why some create alts to like themselves to rise up on the leaderboards. So obvious when all the alts do is like their own alt posts, some dating back to 2015 and the link on the post is not even good any more.

Just now, SusanLouisa said:

Yes, 50 per day. That is why some create alts to like themselves to rise up on the leaderboards. So obvious when all the alts do is like their own alt posts, some dating back to 2015 and the link on the post is not even good any more.

WOW..... JUST WOW.....

Sorry for the caps lock, been doing my political ranting on Facebook lol

It is well thought out, but is it theoretically possible that due to the attack all accounts including avatars, gifts etc. are gone? A reset, so to speak?

15 minutes ago, ... said:

It is well thought out, but is it theoretically possible that due to the attack all accounts including avatars, gifts etc. are gone? A reset, so to speak?

Sure, everything is possible. But it has not happened in earler crashes.

28 minutes ago, ... said:

No, it's highly unlikely anything like that can happen. DDoS is more about connection.

In simple terms imagine a straw in your ice cold drink. Now part of ice breaks and gets stuck at bottom of the straw and no matter how hard you try to sip, the drink ain't coming. So imagine DDoS is the ice in this case. The water is still there, just the straw is clogged.Β  Not much with their database / and stuff as much as connection.

Edited by Riela

2 minutes ago, Riela said:

No, it's highly unlikely anything like that can happen. DDoS is more about connection.

In simple terms imagine a straw in your ice cold drink. Now part of ice breaks and gets stuck at bottom of the straw and no matter how hard you try to sip, the drink ain't coming. So imagine DDos is the Ice in this case. The water is still there, just the straw is clogged.Β  Not much with their database / and stuff as much as connection.

Suddenly I am thirsty for a cold drink.Β πŸ˜‰Β But thanks for the nice explanation.

10 hours ago, vladok said:

Β 

I am not interested in the arguments of the other side, if it violates MY RIGHTS, or my guests
I am a moderator and administrator in my room.

what rights can others have? To violate my rights?
Violate the rights of others?
No one has these rights. Read the Game Rules.
If I open a room and someone begins to violate my rights and the rights of others, I must have the right to throw him
This is my room and I decide.

OH FREAKING WELL... block and reopen the room... no big deal there... now ---> 🀐 it!

Not a big deal to close and reopen a room with XX people just because of one dude who can't behave, no?

Oh freaking well @GoddessAthena, not a big deal to add a kick button. If someone comes to my home and pees where I tend to eat, I will kick him out. All my rights.

Same here. Concerning misuse? Where's the interest to open a room on one hand and to kick visitors out on the other,Β  just for fun? This would be plain stupid and even if someone feels the stange joy of doing so, noone would go there on the long run. So what?

But if someone trolls around at a room the roomowner has all the rights to kick this person out and I sincerly vote for an option to be able to.

No it is not. Simply because me closing my eyes won't make anything disappear. I don't see you so you ain't there even does not work for 3yrs old.

Ignoring someone @Rondon would only take effect when opening another room once. But not right now right here as a kick button would.

Edited by Pandorra

17 minutes ago, Pandorra said:

Not a big deal to close and reopen a room with XX people just because of one dude who can't behave, no?

Oh freaking well @GoddessAthena, not a big deal to add a kick button. If someone comes to my home and pees where I tend to eat, I will kick him out. All my rights.

Same here. Concerning misuse? Where's the interest to open a room on one hand and to kick visitors out on the other,Β  just for fun? This would be plain stupid and even if someone feels the stange joy of doing so, noone would go there on the long run. So what?

But if someone trolls around at a room the roomowner has all the rights to kick this person out and I sincerly vote for an option to be able to.

The room owner also got the right to simply ignore that person? I think that be simply more efficient. No need to worry about having to kick that person from your room ever again.

4 hours ago, WileCoyote said:

A DDOS (Distributed Denial Of Service) attack are when several or many PC or servers are used to flood a web site/service with traffic (packets) that overload the server being attacked so it can't do anything. It is very unlikely that a DDOS attack would be sustained for this amount of time as it takes a lot of resources, if this is an attack it would be more likely to be a single attacker unless they are blackmailing 3DX for money to stop the attack.

That said it does not really matter what is wrong, until it is fixed we are all out of luck.

It may not take as much as you might think. There are amplification attacks that can, for a small amount of bandwidth, send a lot more data out, overwhelming the target. DNS in particular is susceptible to this if it isn't set up correctly. I'm not sure if it's possible that it is happening that wayΒ in the present case, with how the game works.