3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

1 minute ago, Lux lnterior said:

Well, Gizmo explicity wrote it's DDoS attack. No reason not bo believe it.

It it's CLOP ransomware, we can all say goodbye to this game.

you can use a DDoS to ask for ransom as well. as I said, I saw it happen.

Edited by Gent
grammar

1 minute ago, Lux lnterior said:

Gizmo açıklığı DDoS saldırısı olduğunu yazdı. Buna inanmamak için hiçbir sebep yok.

Bu CLOP fidye yazılımı, hepimiz bu oyuna elveda diyebiliriz.

what relevance !

Just now, Lux lnterior said:

Well, Gizmo explicity wrote it's DDoS attack. No reason not bo believe it.

It it's CLOP ransomware, we can all say goodbye to this game.

You would think they would have back-ups that would result in a time warp back to the back-up date but a lot better than starting from scratch.

1 minute ago, Gent said:

you can use a DDoS to ask for ransom as well. as I said, I saw it happen.

You can, ofc.

My company was subjected to CLOP ransomware attack this february. We were basically thrown into a stone age for a month. 3 months passed and still not eveything is decrypted and some system are styill dwon.

Asking price? 15 million dollars in bitcoins.

5 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

You can, ofc.

My company was subjected to CLOP ransomware attack this february. We were basically thrown into a stone age for a month. 3 months passed and still not eveything is decrypted and some system are styill dwon.

that sucks. the problem with those attacks that unless you use measures beforehand(such as offsite backups and such) there is no way around them.

Edited by Gent

3 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

You can, ofc.

Imagine how much could have been avoided in case only 30% of this would have been spent to introduce and enforce security best practice.

I really love these show cases to convince people to spend the money for the company and not give it to the bad guys.

Just now, WileCoyote said:

You would think they would have back-ups that would result in a time warp back to the back-up date but a lot better than starting from scratch.

Yeah.

But in 99,99999% cases ransom attacks are silent and time delayed. No need for some DDoS attack.. Servers are infeced with a bot for a long time so the victim never knows how long system is infected and how backwards in time they must go with the back-up.

Ransom criminals are not stupid. ;)

Just now, Gypsy said:

Imagine how much could have been avoided in case only 30% of this would have been spent to introduce and enforce security best practice.

I really love these show cases to convince people to spend the money for the company and not give it to the bad guys.

unfortunately, business always ignores the measures proposed by tech. That is until shit hits the fan.

12 minutes ago, Lux lnterior said:

Always. ;)

Yeah, some need to learn it the hard way.

And I assume those of you working in this area have heard this "but it will never ever happen to us" already far too often. Interestingly this eternity sometimes is quite short. :)

Just now, panCDCA said:

ANOTHER LITTLE SOMETHING TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD:

Imagine these guys trying to change a television dial or volume without a remote. Or trying to use a knob to get the radio station to come in clearly.

They have it EASY these days.

Welcome kids to old technology xD