3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

1 minute ago, β˜™π”Όπ•©β§ said:

Such a liar. You finished nothing.

You started it. That person just added a little suggestion. It would be great to do at another place, but it was packed in one post. You started to answer her suggestion while her suggestion was addressed to devs.

PS: I stop here for this moment. I am appreciate people who what to see the thread clear.

Nooooooooooooo!.......Don't go Ex!.........I don't want to stop at the 100 new members u gave me today.....I think I can get 200!!!!!

Safe Haven #1 Private Discord Server Β Β 
Over FIVE HUNDRED members!
Now includes KAST channel forΒ 
watching movies together!
Need a DJ or dance team for ur room?
We have the largest selection to choose from!
https://discord.gg/2a6KbEe

6 minutes ago, Xizl said:

No. Shitshtorm will end when the game servers will be online again and posting will be x10-50 times slower. Yes, it still will be some personal fights, some trolling, offtopic and other stuff, but in general this forum mostly more or less calm place, even without mods.

And "powercorrupted devils" will stay if you will give them power. Tho I am not sure that every moderator had to be a powercorrupted devil tbh. I was not on this forum 2 years ago.

Usually, moderators are bashed by typical forum trolls. Normal users don't have trouble with them.

Do you think Ex's spamming of nearly every topic with useless drama would survive on moderated forums? No, he'd be banned in no time.

Same applies to Jade's Discord spam.

Β 

Edited by Lux lnterior

7 minutes ago, Xizl said:

And "powercorrupted devils" will stay if you will give them power. Tho I am not sure that every moderator had to be a powercorrupted devil tbh. I was not on this forum 2 years ago.

It was a colorful methaphor I used. Of course they werent. It was just a biased view from people that get their troll-posts deleted and some punishment afterwards. Its a phenomen I saw on many differentΒ messageboardsΒ I ve been yet. A few phoney people that dump their opinion in every threadΒ and make it sound like its everyones opinion.

Β 

Ein DDOS-Angriff (Distributed Denial Of Service) liegt vor, wenn mehrere oder viele PCs oder Server verwendet werden, um eine Website / einen Dienst mit Datenverkehr (Paketen) zu ΓΌberfluten, die den angegriffenen Server ΓΌberlasten, sodass er nichts tun kann. Es ist sehr unwahrscheinlich, dass ein DDOS-Angriff fΓΌr diese Zeitspanne aufrechterhalten wird, da er viele Ressourcen benΓΆtigt. Wenn es sich um einen Angriff handelt, ist es wahrscheinlicher, dass es sich um einen einzelnen Angreifer handelt, es sei denn, er erpresst 3DX gegen Geld, um den Angriff zu stoppen .

Das heißt, es spielt keine Rolle, was los ist, bis es behoben ist, haben wir alle kein Glück.

1 minute ago, Nikki said:

It was a colorful methaphor I used. Of course they werent. It was just a biased view from people that get their troll-posts deleted and some punishment afterwards. Its a phenomen I saw on many differentΒ messageboardsΒ I ve been yet. A few phoney people that dump their opinion in every threadΒ and make it sound like its everyones opinion.

Β 

Exactly. I've been a mod on a couple of forums before, and I've seen this happening time and time again. It's not abuse of power when you're enforcing the Community Rules, Rules of Conduct or whatever you want to call them, but, of course, some people will see this as dictatorship. Guess what: no one forced you to come into it. Having said that, in case a mod abuses power (yes, it happens sometimes), then it's up to the forum owner/admin to do something about it.

7 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

Exactly. I've been a mod on a couple of forums before, and I've seen this happening time and time again. It's not abuse of power when you're enforcing the Community Rules, Rules of Conduct or whatever you want to call them, but, of course, some people will see this as dictatorship. Guess what: no one forced you to come into it. Having said that, in case a mod abuses power (yes, it happens sometimes), then it's up to the forum owner/admin to do something about it.

I ve been moderating the NFS section back then at EA Forums. It was literally the living hell of a messageboard because 6 year old Kids had somehow access to thoose. Enforcing the much stricter rules there (because not 18+ NSFW Game) was anything but a cakewalk. I ve always wondered why the moderator team was always changing there and after a while I realized why. I stepped down just a year later. Containing a bag of fleas was easier.

Plus everyone was doing it voluntary and didnt recieve a pay-check from EA as it was honered voluntary community work. Yet people claimed we get paid by EA and since the Moderators where the only source of "official" contact they were getting a spank for all thoose mess-ups this company did.

Like we delivered thoose half-finished games and thoose microtransactions where based up on our ideas. The sad truth was: We did not know more then any other user at EA forums.Β 

Interesting times back then...

Edited by Nikki

6 minutes ago, AlexaDarkness said:

Just had a look, your server is still boring as usual

Can't please everyone(but it sure seems like we do lol).....I'm hanging out in the German channel there right nowΒ  Β ^^

Screenshot_1.png

Β 

Safe Haven #1 Private Discord Server Β Β 
Over FIVE HUNDRED members!
Now includes KAST channel forΒ 
watching movies together!
Need a DJ or dance team for ur room?
We have the largest selection to choose from!
https://discord.gg/2a6KbEe

Edited by jadekhali

7 minutes ago, mesonem695 said:

Stay calm while following the Discord and living a normal life!!

We got another preacher here, trying to lecture people.Β 

Concerns are perfectly fine to be voiced here, especially since this is exactly the place for that.

Praising someone while the service is disrupted will not score you points anywhere. The concerns and frustrations people might have are voiced in the proper section of the forums, and they are completely legitimate, obviously.

34 minutes ago, Charlie Masterson said:

It's not abuse of power when you're enforcing the Community Rules, Rules of Conduct or whatever you want to call them

Yes, but only as long as you are fair.Β 

I am not talking about exactly you tho, I am talking about moderators in general. I already saw several examples of power abuse by moderators, not on 3dxforum but still. When moderatorsΒ were protecting their friends and were letting their friends violate forum rules without any punishment or with most minor punishments, while people who were opposing their friends were getting punished harsh and fast. I saw moderators who were forgiving people offtopic/personal attacks if these people were sharing moderator's opinion, while punishingΒ the ones having opposite opinion the moment they give a slightest reason to do so.Β 

I believe that good moderator should not have friends on forum. Or at least be fairΒ enough to treat their friends the same way they treat everyone. Good moderator should be able to shove their opinion about which side of conflict/argue is right or wrong somewhere deep, forget about who's opinion they share and who's not, and treat everyone equal. It's an obviously some emotional pressure and not everyone can handle it. So now the question... Why person would agree to do this for free? I mean not just moderation, but good, unbiased moderation?

Edited by Xizl

14 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I ve been moderating the NFS section back then at EA Forums. It was literally the living hell of a messageboard because 6 year old Kids had somehow access to thoose. Enforcing the much stricter rules there (because not 18+ NSFW Game) was anything but a cakewalk. I ve always wondered why the moderator team was always changing there and after a while I realized why. I stepped down just a year later. Containing a bag of fleas was easier.

Plus everyone was doing it voluntary and didnt recieve a pay-check from EA as it was honered voluntary community work. Yet people claimed we get paid by EA and since the Moderators where the only source of "official" contact they were getting a spank for all thoose mess-ups this company did.

Like we delivered thoose half-finished games and thoose microtransactions where based up on our ideas. The sad truth was: We did not know more then any other user at EA forums.Β 

Interesting times back then...

Yeah, interesting times indeed, although it's not much different nowadays. It's like you said, if you're the first point of contact, AKA "the front line", you're the one who's going to get all the flak. πŸ˜„

8 minutes ago, panther0299 said:

Anymore news on the server being down?Β  Any idea when it'll be up and running again?

Silly thing with thoose attacks is... its done when its done. But looking back at other similar attacks on game networks... maybe another day or two. I just dont see the benefit of attacking such a small niche game like 3DX compared to Playstationnetwork or Battlenet.

But then again people are bored and have too much money.

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Silly thing with thoose attacks is... its done when its done. But looking back at other similar attacks on game networks... maybe another day or two. I just dont see the benefit of attacking such a small niche game like 3DX compared to Playstationnetwork or Battlenet.

I'm bored too, don't see me attacking anyone LOL

3 minutes ago, Nikki said:

could be ransom... had some instances where that happened at work.

Just now, Nikki said:

Wont work here. Giz wont pay anything. Rather the game stays offline haha

they shouldn't pay. they're not guaranteed the hackers won't do it again, or expose the vulnerability to other groups.

26 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Yes, but only as long as you fair.Β 

I am not talking about exactly you tho, I am talking about moderators in general. I already saw several examples of power abuse by moderators, not on 3dxforum but still. When moderatorsΒ were protecting their friends and were letting their friends violate forum rules without any punishment or with most minor punishments, while people who were opposing their friends were getting punished harsh and fast. I saw moderators who were forgiving people offtopic/personal attacks if these people were sharing moderator's opinion, while punishingΒ the ones having opposite opinion the moment they give a slightest reason to do so.Β 

I believe that good moderator should not have friends on forum. Or at least be fairΒ enough to treat their friends the same way they treat everyone. Good moderator should be able to shove their opinion about which side of conflict/argue is right or wrong somewhere deep, forget about who's opinion they share and who's not, and treat everyone equal. It's an obviously some emotional pressure and not everyone can handle it. So now the question... Why person would agree to do this for free? I mean not just moderation, but good, unbiased moderation?

Of course it's as long as it's fair. But you've raised a good point there: moderators being friends with forum members. I've seen people taking advantage of this by provoking others so they could respond and be banned in turn, more often than not based on hearsay only. Basically, they would become "untouchable" once they were friends with a mod. That's exactly the difference between being a good and a crappy mod. You can't let friendships cloud your judgment and common sense, and it's not always easy having to choose between one or the other.

Edited by Charlie Masterson