3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

2 minutes ago, xAGONYx said:

true enough but initially the forums were kaput as well.. werent back up for like.. 4 hours maybe? wasn't really paying attention at first had other stuff needed done. At any rate, we all know what and why.. just be nice if we had a sense of when.. their twitter still doesn't even mention being down much less any mention of what to expect so I turned here looking for blue posts.. otherwise I have no real need of the forum.. only 10% of the users even know it exists lol

you earned a like for being nice :P

11 minutes ago, GoddessAthena said:

Can I put my chin down now? My neck is starting to hurt 😁 Cyber hugs and pokes back

LOL, RobT is still clunking around in here? That's great. Does he still do the "RobT out" thing, then never leave? It's like his non-finishing move if this was Mortal Combat. Funny shit.

Edited by Coldheart

somebody would have to be really hard up to DDOS attack this game. No offense to the developers or any of the players, it's a great game, but hardly anyone plays it. What would be the point of taking it out? Guess I picked the wrong time to try and play. Good to know this forum is still here so we can see what's going on. Good luck getting back online 3dx.

2 hours ago, SusanLouisa said:

LOL V and I have been binge watching Bloodline on Netflix. Anyone else see it?Β  We have just about reached the end so please don't spoil it for us or anyone else....but WTF??Β  Seriously WTF?? lol

Tony Soprano gets whacked by the dude in the Members Only jacket that went into the bathroom.

26 minutes ago, moondance said:

It seems that whenever the server goes down the password resetΒ  function stops sending password reset emails. At least based on the last 3 times i forgot my password during a server down situation

The password reset uses 3dxchat.com which is the same server as the game, so it is down as well. Not that knowing your password is very useful when the server is down anyway :P

2 hours ago, CaptainAmerica said:

@xAGONYx All I'm saying is that i'm 99.99% certain that it is out of their hands. They just keep exchanging emails with the datacenter hosting the server. In some (rare) cases downtime of 24h is a real thing depending on how big the attack is. I guess we'll have to wait and see. The forums are on different backend server than the 3dxchat.com. Obviously the attacker wanted to save some $ and attacked only one of those.

@CaptainAmerica: May I suggest to stop talking about topic that you seem not to fully understand? Sorry to say this, but you don't seem to have the right technical skills and experienceΒ  on how to prevent DDoS attacks and how to set up your infrastructure. There are ways to protect that would required to nearly bring the whole internet down before your servers get affected.

And in case you would now want to tell me that also other larger companies get affected, this is obviously true. But just out of experience, there is only a very few number of companies that really do their protection of the core systems correctly (in addition: one single small failure would make all your efforts obsolete.

On the other side, I know that this is a relatively theoretical discussion as and here I agree with most here, the ones that run this game have likely not the money for such protection mechanisms nor would it be their core business to have these.Β 

It looks like the forum was fixed first and looks like mitigation was taken. I checked on the main 3DXChat website and it now looks like 3DXChat.com is now HTTPS which is one of the mitigation steps. Protecting the game client will be more work than a website and I am not sure whether the game will need a patch release, but it seems like progress is being made. Hopefully this will make the game more resilient to future attacks as well as improving the security of the game along the way.

1 hour ago, Coldheart said:

somebody would have to be really hard up to DDOS attack this game. No offense to the developers or any of the players, it's a great game, but hardly anyone plays it. What would be the point of taking it out? Guess I picked the wrong time to try and play. Good to know this forum is still here so we can see what's going on. Good luck getting back online 3dx.

Maybe someone that got banned for being a jackass and has decided to go out throwing a fit?

As the respected Gizmo said, compensation in the form of subscription days will be. No need to panic, take a little break from the game, soon everything will return to their places. Attacks on servers cost both material and temporary efforts. And if the attacker does not receive a reward for his work, his interest will be lost in this project.Β 
And we now again we get quiet and peaceful evenings in a friendly 3dx world.
Be patient and have a good day and mood!

6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Guys, we're still under attack. We managed to keep the forum stable, but the main game server is still unavailable. We have taken a number of protective steps and continue our work to bring you back into the game. This is our main goal.
Thanks for your support!

Thanks for information and update ...finger crossed and hoping to see server back soon

17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Guys, we're still under attack. We managed to keep the forum stable, but the main game server is still unavailable. We have taken a number of protective steps and continue our work to bring you back into the game. This is our main goal.
Thanks for your support!

Thanks Giz ❀️

25 minutes ago, Paulanna said:

Maybe someone that got banned for being a jackass and has decided to go out throwing a fit?

that would be half the people that have ever played here. If that's the case, they are really only hurting themselves, because it won't take long for 3dx to fix it, this person will know what they did, and they will still be someone nobody likes or can stand to be around. So pointless. Maybe they should use all this energy and spare time they have and go volunteer at a charity or something. Maybe it will make them feel better about themselves instead of sitting around at home hacking video games accomplishing nothing useful.

3 minutes ago, Coldheart said:

that would be half the people that have ever played here. If that's the case, they are really only hurting themselves, because it won't take long for 3dx to fix it, this person will know what they did, and they will still be someone nobody likes or can stand to be around. So pointless. Maybe they should use all this energy and spare time they have and go volunteer at a charity or something. Maybe it will make them feel better about themselves instead of sitting around at home hacking video games accomplishing nothing useful.

I never said the person would be bright doing it, just that it's a possibility if they had the equipment to do it.