3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

Just now, panCDCA said:

LOL..... 

NOT OFF TOPIC AT ALL FOR WHAT THE THREAD'S TRUE MEANING IS FOR. 

If I were sexgamedevil  after this attack and when servers were back online and safe i would bring a update that ppl would remeber for Generations to come :) and turned this missfortune into a massive gain for the Game :) 

13 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Guys, our server is under DDOS attack.

I got nothing other than a totally off topic rando-commiserating sad face about f#@$*%g attackers.  Go away with your DOSsy evilness.

Oh, and 'Help us Obi-Gizmo-kenobi, you're our only hope'.

lemee give you a example : lets say im an artist and i do some stuff on my pc and got hacked  what i will do ?

i will buy security meassures from a company and i will keep do my work (updates) 

so in a sense updates dont cost for the devs its what they do 

So both can happen same time 

and as far as i know how this line works 

ppl usually have - ready updates they just wait the time scedual they have 

example i have already make the update for month june maybe even jully  so am a lil chill 

this is how ppl work they design ahead :) 

Hiya! Can someone explain what a ddos is? (in a non-nerdy way please) Is it hacking? Are our characters and rooms going to be ok? If someone is attacking the server isn't it just to call the police?

Edited by Tracer

If only it were that simple... but alas it's not.. 3dx has ample security  measures, but that only protects data.. a ddos attack is something entirely different. It attacks at the connection level.. prevents people from being able to contact and communicate with the log in client.. that something that cloudflare can't adequately address.. thin of it a 500 people all trying to get in through your front door at once... nooone can get in.

@ Tracer.. no.. local law enforcement (police) cant do anything to adequately address cyber attacks for a LOT of reasons... the biggest reason(s) being one of jurisdiction.. lets say the attack wasn't anonymous (and they always are btw) the person sourcing the attack is always at a different location than the primary point of transmission so there's no way tio accurately identify their real location

on another perhaps more relevant note.. I really dont think a ddos is truly the culprit unless it's a sustained attack (which would ultimately make it traceable, a risk most blackhats wont take.. smart ones anyway) It only takes 5 quick steps to undo a ddos attack then patch and update and restart servers.. most Ive ever seen that take in much larger platforms is 6 hours so unless they have a staff of precisely zero people on at any given moment, I call B.S. lol

Edited by xAGONYx
spelling errors

15 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Hiya! Can someone explain what a ddos is? (in a non-nerdy way please) Is it hacking? Are our characters and rooms going to be ok? If someone is attacking the server isn't it just to call the police?

DDoS attacks cannot steal website visitors information. The sole purpose of a DDoS attack is to overload the website resources.You cant track DDos Attacks!

1 minute ago, Jules Winnfield said:

DDoS attacks cannot steal website visitors information. The sole purpose of a DDoS attack is to overload the website resources.You cant track DDos Attacks!

actually you can but only if the person doing it is extremely retarded or otherwise doesnt want to be anonymous.. cyberterrorists for instance, intentionally make it easy to trace them because they actually want the credit for it

3 minutes ago, xAGONYx said:

actually you can but only if the person doing it is extremely retarded or otherwise doesnt want to be anonymous.. cyberterrorists for instance, intentionally make it easy to trace them because they actually want the credit for it

Thanks Agony, I am not an expert. I heard from others that a DDos Attack can last up to 24 hours.

Edited by Jules Winnfield

4 minutes ago, Jules Winnfield said:

Correct. A DDoS attack isn't hacking at all, and these are pretty much next to impossible to trace.

cloudflare can assist with support but cloudflare cant prevent ddos thats something only on site mitigation and cloud based server mitigation can provide but all those do is provide the proper infrastructure FOR you.. IE: the lazy mans way of avoiding it.. you can filter the handshake procedure to block specific types of data profiles yourself and put adequate levels of security in at the client/consumer level that WILL prevent DDOS.. all by yourself with only a little expense and precisely zero tech saavy required

1 minute ago, xAGONYx said:

cloudflare can assist with support but cloudflare cant prevent ddos thats something only on site mitigation and cloud based server mitigation can provide but all those do is provide the proper infrastructure FOR you.. IE: the lazy mans way of avoiding it.. you can filter the handshake procedure to block specific types of data profiles yourself and put adequate levels of security in at the client/consumer level that WILL prevent DDOS.. all by yourself with only a little expense and precisely zero tech saavy required

🤞

Thanks for the infos and replies that I could understand.

OK -is this right then?

Somebody is spamming the server and stopping us all from connecting. They do this with many (machines? hacks?).

This is being done from a lot of different places and it's difficult to find out who does it. They are cowardly shits in other words.

This cloudflare thing is fixing the forums (Which were also attacked). Fingers crossed. But it can't fix the server (why not?).

This (probably?) isn't an attack where we lose stuff like characters or rooms - or worse our credit card info is stolen or anything (right? this is the big deal for me). I think this is maybe an important point that people who aren't techy should be told about? To calm us down :P

Its a bit worrying that it has been down a week before - was that also a DDOS? Does this mean this can happen again and again just because somebody doesnt like the game? Is it possible for someone to tell us what they think the status will be or when we might see it come back? Since its been like nearly a day. 

Edited by Tracer

10 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Thanks for the infos and replies that I could understand.

OK -is this right then?

Somebody is spamming the server and stopping us all from connecting. They do this with many (machines? hacks?).

This is being done from a lot of different places and it's difficult to find out who does it. They are cowardly shits in other words.

This cloudflare thing is fixing the forums (Which were also attacked). Fingers crossed. But it can't fix the server (why not?).

This (probably?) isn't an attack where we lose stuff like characters or rooms - or worse our credit card info is stolen or anything (right? this is the big deal for me). I think this is maybe an important point that people who aren't techy should be told about? To calm us down :P

Its a bit worrying that it has been down a week before - was that also a DDOS? Does this mean this can happen again and again just because somebody doesnt like the game? Is it possible for someone to tell us what they think the status will be or when we might see it come back? Since its been like nearly a day. 

Does anyone know 

No one knew what the last attack was....it was a complete circus here......Someone ran non-stop poop pictures for 4 straight days here....THERE WAS NO COMMUNICATION FROM THE DEVS........People were calling the BBB......almost everyone thought they went out of business........This time around it is the complete opposite and is being handled far more professionally.....so just relax   :)

Edited by jadekhali

anyway an error 522 error is easy to fix and no way should it take almost 15 hours to recover from that was My point.. there's more to this than ddos/.. perhaps they're increasing server capacity or buffing up they're infrastructure to prevent further attacks. but if their aim is to have us believe all it is is ddos is a bit patronizing after 15 hours