3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

6 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Come on guys.

DDoS protection is well known in the security community (at least by those on a level that need to protect companies and organizations against this) and there are standard ways to it by your own or if you don`t have the required technical skills, use a service provider to offer the service for you.

We are paying for your service, so do your duty and ensure you offer us the service we pay for.

Have a nice day,
Gypsy

Yes there are ways to deal with DDOS attacks, but even huge companies can crumble under an attack depending on how it's done. 
We might be paying for the game, but it's a small company nonetheless. 

Edited by JuJu92

Good day everyone, how is everyone holding up? try to play some other game or some mobile game to pass time till the servers are fixed and backed up, no need to be so stressed about it, that BBC won't go away that you been gagging on for a while, or that double penetration technique that you always dreamed to practice, just relax and chill, you will have better pixeled sex soon enough.

Jesus just calm the fuck down.

Edited by Leathium

4 hours ago, Gypsy said:

Come on guys.

DDoS protection is well known in the security community (at least by those on a level that need to protect companies and organizations against this) and there are standard ways to it by your own or if you don`t have the required technical skills, use a service provider to offer the service for you.

We are paying for your service, so do your duty and ensure you offer us the service we pay for.

Have a nice day,
Gypsy

Don't blame 3dx for this Gypsy.
The biggest banks get ddos attacks and need hours to solve it.
So go pick on the big boys wilja.

5 hours ago, Vampixie said:

Moon, they will learn sooner or later... then they will become bitter like us old veterans 😆

I am a veteran, having been here for over six years. I have seen with the game was, and I see where it is now.

Sometimes I think that it could be further than where it is now, thinking about all the opportunities they missed, to make the game bigger and better. But then I sit back and I look at the progress in the past six years. Do you remember when the game only had four dance moves?

I am not bitter. the developers are simply trying to keep this game from becoming an out-of-control beast. their job is to listen to the users, but understand that that is not their only job. They are tasked with controlling the monster that they have created, not just making a bigger beast. I am sure that gizmo and Lisa have a whiteboard somewhere, filled with your wonderful ideas. And I'm sure that they will implement those ideas in good time as best they can and for the betterment of the game, not just the users that want them.

1 minute ago, VGTL said:

I am a veteran, having been here for over six years. I have seen with the game was, and I see where it is now.

Sometimes I think that it could be further than where it is now, thinking about all the opportunities they missed, to make the game bigger and better. But then I sit back and I look at the progress in the past six years. Do you remember when the game only had four dance moves?

I am not bitter. the developers are simply trying to keep this game from becoming an out-of-control beast. their job is to listen to the users, but understand that that is not their only job. They are tasked with controlling the monster that they have created, not just making a bigger beast. I am sure that gizmo and Lisa have a whiteboard somewhere, filled with your wonderful ideas. And I'm sure that they will implement those ideas in good time as best they can and for the betterment of the game, not just the users that want them.

My comment was a lighthearted joke... don't take everything so seriously :D

Just now, Feuermond said:

*sighs* did I say I hate it? I said devs to not do what they promise. Why do you guys read what I did not say instead of what I said?

I have to agree.. people sometimes think things that are not said. Very annoying

The script kiddies with their botnets are at it again. Definition of a wanna be hacker.

Anyways, can someone other than Alivia (someone who is staff perhaps) explain to us what, if anything, has been done to prevent the server from going down in the future?

- Is it a single point of failure? (I hope not lol)

- What redundancy, if any, is in place?

- Have you thought about, or are currently load balancing traffic between multiple servers? A simple fail-over can be setup to load balance between the online server, and a backup server.

- Who is your service provider? Do they offer DDoS protection? What was the size of the attack. Find a provider who can absorb it large attacks without just shutting down your server.

- It looks like you at least use CloudFlare, for the website.

- Maybe invest in something like https://constellix.com/ for load balancing

1 minute ago, DemonSoul said:

The script kiddies with their botnets are at it again. Definition of a wanna be hacker.

Anyways, can someone other than Alivia (someone who is staff perhaps) explain to us what, if anything, has been done to prevent the server from going down in the future?

- Is it a single point of failure? (I hope not lol)

- What redundancy, if any, is in place?

- Have you thought about, or are currently load balancing traffic between multiple servers? A simple fail-over can be setup to load balance between the online server, and a backup server.

- Who is your service provider? Do they offer DDoS protection? What was the size of the attack. Find a provider who can absorb it large attacks without just shutting down your server.

- It looks like you at least use CloudFlare, for the website.

- Maybe invest in something like https://constellix.com/ for load balancing

Legit questions @demonsoul

4 minutes ago, Vampixie said:

My comment was a lighthearted joke... don't take everything so seriously :D

Apologies, Vamp. The comment was not necessarily directed at you. There are just a lot of people out there who forget who keeps us online.

1 minute ago, Stellania said:

In regards to why and who you posted that reply to .. 

You know some people will always look at what they DON'T have .. instead of looking at what they're currently getting.

Someone whingeing about lack of pose editor, Stellz.

We have people creating them now... no need for a pose editor where people can make a balls up of things :D

8 minutes ago, Feuermond said:

*sighs* did I say I hate it? I said devs to not do what they promise. Why do you guys read what I did not say instead of what I said? What about reading instead of doing conclusions?

Because otherwise it makes no sense to me. You are using every opportunity to attack devs. You even say "will remember it everywhere where users start to take side of the devs." like taking side with devs is something terribly wrong. If you would hate the game that would be understandable (tho it would not be understandable why you keep playing then.)

The other thing – if you actually like this game. Then you should have some respect to the people who made it. And no, I don't mean thay you should be happy with everything, never criticizing and just praising the devs, no! But when you making attacks like you do in the worst times for the 3dxchat, it is definitely not out of desire to make a game a better place. It's just simply spitful.