3DXChat Community

SERVER DOWN

Gizmo

6 minutes ago, Cruna said:

Well I see around here even if I don't comment that much, Alivia and Ex always assuming the role of the devs, trying to speak in their stead

Never saw Ex acting this way tbh. 

1 minute ago, Jules Winnfield said:

yes it is because of a DDos Attack and guys you can complain as much as you want as soon as the servers are up again you play like it never went down. Complaining doesnt help. Either you are patient and wait or you quit the game.

I am not complaining I was just asking

3 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

we dont need to try lol groupies go woooottt  wooowww yayyyyy and all those fun cool stuff :) 

i forgot to mention we go tours with the band :) 

hahaha  😇

You aren't going anywhere, neither of us do. We stay right here. You can't speak in anybody's name, just in your own name. You don't go on trips and you don't know anything better than any of us. So probably you *should* stop behaving like a groupie and wait for official announcements instead of speaking for them

2 minutes ago, Cruna said:

You aren't going anywhere, neither of us do. We stay right here. You can't speak in anybody's name, just in your own name. You don't go on trips and you don't know anything better than any of us. So probably you *should* stop behaving like a groupie and wait for official announcements instead of speaking for them

how About NO 🤣 hahaha

1 minute ago, Feuermond said:

They do not, in fact:

No XGold transfer yet though they asked us if we want it on Discord months ago

Somewhere is a thread they test customizable clothes and hairstyle: No result yes

Over 2 years Gizmo asked if we want a pose editor, we voted yes, nothing ever came but the same not existing pose editor is the reason why we do not get ghost partners for poses.

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/page-7#entry273092

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/page-9#entry273257

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6348-upcoming-updates-2018/page-12#entry273757

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/6540-pose-editor/

So sorry, yes, the complaining is absolutly correct! Devs do not do what they promise and what they ask for.

Agreed, Moon... but there is a thread for this already. Not needed in a server down thread :)

10 minutes ago, Feuermond said:

No XGold transfer yet though they asked us if we want it on Discord months ago

I can't say I'm sad that this isn't a thing yet. Imagine all the bad applications where this could lead.

Also, all the love to Gizmo and Lisa. We support you guys, even if some of us are grumpy sometimes. ❤️

1 minute ago, Feuermond said:

Pixie, I will remember it everywhere where users start to take side of the devs. I do it to show that the devs are far away from doing a good job. I am not here since years to let n00bs tell me about the glory of the devs  ^^

Thanks DDoS I now will the use time to search for the links of more not fulfiled promises.

Moon, they will learn sooner or later... then they will become bitter like us old veterans 😆

2 minutes ago, Feuermond said:

Pixie, I will remember it everywhere where users start to take side of the devs. I do it to show that the devs are far away from doing a good job. I am not here since years to let n00bs tell me about the glory of the devs  ^^

Thanks DDoS I now will the use time to search for the links of more not fulfiled promises.

Why you keep playing the game you hate? 

Come on guys.

DDoS protection is well known in the security community (at least by those on a level that need to protect companies and organizations against this) and there are standard ways to it by your own or if you don`t have the required technical skills, use a service provider to offer the service for you.

We are paying for your service, so do your duty and ensure you offer us the service we pay for.

Have a nice day,
Gypsy

40 minutes ago, Cruna said:

Well I see around here even if I don't comment that much, Alivia and Ex always assuming the role of the devs, trying to speak in their stead while no official announcement was made about peoples concerns, and they behave like their opinion is the only "common sense".

May you show me where I "always assuming the role of the devs"? You said "always". Give me just one example.

2 hours ago, perlitaa said:

bien sur 3dx nous manque mais voila l equipe travaille dur pour regler ce soucis , rappelant qu ils n ont aucun interet a une si mauvaise pub ! prenez donc votre mal en patience ...nous payons tous notre abo .  A CEUX  qui ralent et se pensent au dessus ba aidez le alors au moins vous serez utiles.Apres pour les plus decus d entre vous je suggere une bonne creme et une main travailleuse sinon faites comme nous occupez vous  en attendant...on ne voit qu une face du jeu mais on ignore celle cachée , le travail qui s effectue derriere donc a vous raleur qui avait certainement été poussé a acheter un abonnement proposez nous mieux ..sur ec courage a l equipe et ...3DX , amis , poses ou autres interets qu il apporte , tu nous manque reviens nous vite .

Well let's step aside a sec.

A DDOS can be of different strategies. One is to simply sent connection requests from millions of (usually infected, bots) machines, one other is to try pseudo-legitimate connections. The latter being more harmful.

A counter measure for the former could be to force a very small delay between connection requests. That can't work long though - the server would not suffer but legitimate users wouldn't reach it.

Proxifying the connection server has already been done. And continuously greylisting IP's detected as offending will transfer the burden to the DDOS protector.

Not considering myself dry yet, but right now I see no easy way out.